“Fabulous time at the Beach Palace”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #16 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our family is having a fabulous time here at the Beach Palace Hotel. Staff mostly very friendly and helpful! We especially liked our waitress poolside. She is so sweet and friendly, always a smile....look her up, her name is Yadira Celene! Enjoyed the variety of food. They definitely tried to offer different dishes each day. The sales dept. in hotel not too pushy which we appreciated. The experience in town not so good though....constant onslaught of sales people who don't know how to take "no" for an answer! Ugh! That is a con to traveling to Mexico!

Room Tip: We loved the Presidential Suite. Nice and roomy for our family of 4. Staff brought in two rollaway b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear FishEyecrunchers:
Thank You Very Much For your great comments, Yadira and Celene are the names to follow while you are here with us, they will surely pamper you!!!
I am sorry if sales people made you had a not so pleasent time!!!

There are newer reviews for Beach Palace

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at Beach Palace for 8 days. My goals for vacation were to relax, eat and drink well, and get a tan. I accomplished this at Beach Palace. I was there from May 25 - June 1. I never had a problem getting a chair by the beach and the umbrella person was always very prompt in bringing us shade. Our waiter, Esteban, was great never had to go searching for a drink. The rooms were nice. Also check-in was a bit of a hassle but they stored our bags until our room was ready and we ate lunch and explored the hotel. And it was worth the wait when we got such nice room. Were we in 1101 and had a view of the lagoon and ocean. It was perfect and an amazing view. Also the bed on the balcony was amazing. We had an all inclusive and ate at every restaurant. I didn't really like the Wok, but every other place was amazing. We ate at the Italian twice and wanted to eat at La Terreza again but it rained so it was closed and couldn't order from the menu. The buffet was good for lunch, but really enjoyed the burgers and quesadilla at the Sky Bar in the rooftop pool area. Ordered room service one night and it was good and arrived quickly. The buffet offered alot of variety and you could order from your waiter as well. Overall I enjoyed myself, but if you need alot of nightly activities to do this isn't the place. Everything pretty much closed after the nightly show ended at 10:00pm. So if you wanted to go out you had to take a bus or cab to the clubs. The sports bar wasn't really a sports bar it was basically a lounge to drink in with 2 pool tables. The area was very safe and we walked to some of the local gift shops and got a great deal. An added plus was the free calls back to the US and the wifi was amazing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1Luv2travel21
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear 1Luv2travel21:
Eat well, drink well and get a tan....YES that sounds like the Beach PAlace perfect vacation!! Thank you very much for your great review and comments, I am happy tha Esteban also did a great job serving you drinks on Beach and Pool!!
I would like to say that calls and wifi are not free, they are included on your room rate, but I know that equallly they are well accepted isn´t it??

The best for you and your family!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I just returned from 8 days of vacation at the Beach Palace where my wife and three daughters (18-24 yrs) enjoyed ourselves, in what is truly a very good resort.

The service, and staff are excellent. They all exude a constant, "can do attitude", always with a smile. There are 4 restaurants in this resort, and My highest regards to Gabriella in the Tequila room (Main buffet room in the hotel), for her constant smile, great service, and attention to detail (She even remembered how to prepare my favorite breakfast and my name from the previous year's stay). In addition, my compliments to Raul Garcia, for the wonderful dinner and great service at Terraza (an out door dinner restaurant at the Palace). The grounds are meticulously cared for and are spotless, even the pool bathrooms are spotless and are cleaned hourly. The outside activities were fun and My family & I had a great time playing volleyball everyday with the staff and other patrons. We had two rooms which were a little larger than a standard hotel room and each one included a jacuzzi. One faced the beach the other the Lagoon. If you stay on the Lagoon side, higher is better. They were cleaned meticulously, and the turn down service was timely. The location of this resort is great, almost center in the peninsula and walking distance from a nice mall and other restaurants. It is 20 min., from the airport.

On the Negative, you are given $1,500 in resort credits to spend on excursions, spa treatments, wine upgrades, family portraits, and a limited selection in the resort store. This is a great concept, however, you are truly limited on how you spend these credits, which I find annoying. For example, You cannot spend the credits on all the excursions only a select few. You cannot use more than 20% of your credits on the spa. You are extremely limited to what you can purchase in the store, and should you choose to buy the jewelry, or sunglasses they promote, they are so highly over-priced it makes more sense to walk across to the mall and purchase them there! In addition, the cigars you can purchase there are of the lowest quality, you are better off walking across the street to the mall. I think they can do a lot better in this area!

This aside, I would highly recommend staying here and I will return again, soon I hope!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lobo11:
I am very happy that you and your family had a great vacation with us, it is a pleasure to see that our staff gave you a service worth of reviewing it on this important page. Gabriela is amazing, I can bet that the next time you come over, you will be remembered as well as how you like your eggs done!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Let me first start off by saying this is my fourth Palace Resort stay and my first bad experience. Not sure if money and budgets are tighter than the past but this has put a bad taste in my mouth for Palace. Lets start off with my husband, he is 6'5, 250lbs, big guy and he struggles fitting in a king. We called several times before our stay to ensure we would get our king bed. Nope we get stuck in two doubles. They told us they are first come first serve! Then our a/c breaks and it's burning up middle of the summer. They send someone to fix it and he works on it all day and we come back that evening and its not fixed. They told us there were no extra rooms to move us, and that we would have to deal with it overnight. No, so we raised hell and they "found" a room. The room walls and doors were paper thin so all day during naps kids screamed up and down the halls interrupting my 15 mo olds much needed naps. Very frustrating. Not to mention the late night booze party animals that came in at 1, 2, and 4am every morning dropping cups, plates, falling outside our door which was conveniently located in front of the elevators. We went to moon palace for the day and were guaranteed a complimentary room for my child to nap and us to clean up for our dinner reservations. We went to get the key, and it was a sign up sheet for a shared room to use for 30 min! Seriously??? I signed up for two 30 min shifts which was the max you could get and then sent hubby separately and snuck two more shifts in. But really?? We shouldn't have to do that! They assured me twice at check in they hair dryers etc were in the closet, after two phone calls I finally got a hair dryer and they've down graded the bio silk hair products to the cheapest line I've ever seen... I would have done better not washing my hair the entire week, it was disgusting. The housecleaning was terrible we never got fresh sheets just made the bed every day with the same sandy dirty sheets. We take a bus to the Hard Rock (former Cancun Palace) and the entire lobby and restaurants had no AC, or either it was just turned up to 80 degrees! And guess where we had reservations?? Yeh a flaming scorching hot hibachi grill... no ac??? Worst MISTAKE!! The day we had prayed for to leave had came, we go to the lobby to meet our 6:30am transfer and magically its not there, no transfer shuttle to the airport after confirming three times!! We had to call a taxi. They weren't going to pay for it originally but finally got pesos from upper management. I'm officially done with palace.

Room Tip: Moon Palace was the better of the palace resorts if you must stay there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim G

Dear Kim G:
I am very sorry about the perception you had about your experience at the Beach Palace, I can also see, that your probles at the Moon Palace, which is a totally diferent hotel make your experience even worse.

I am sorry for everything.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son and fiance chose Beach Palace as the "destination wedding" resort last September. The ceremony took place at the very top of the hotel overlooking the Cancun coastline. The rooftop location was very private and perfect for our celebration. The cocktail and plated dinner reception followed one level below on the Skytop terrace. The setting offered spectacular views to all of the guests. Even better than the views was the planning process and the execution of every detail on the wedding day, Marisol handled all of the planning. She was extremely helpful in answering our questions and offering sound advice about how to select varied options that were available and keep within our budget. I would ask for her when you start the process. Every once and awhile you meet a superstar. Rebecca was our superstar. She was the on-site wedding coordinator at Beach Palace. Rebecca executed the wedding plan to perfection, a sure sign of a true professional. After meeting with her, a few days before the wedding, I felt very confident that everything was going to be awesome. I think the wedding coordinator is the most important component of a successful day. The views, DJ, table setup, decorations, food and service were all superb. Above all these reasons, I would highly recommend having your wedding at Beach Palace because of Rebecca's fantastic flawless performance. She is truly a gem in the myriad of hotels in Cancun.

The staff at Beach Palace was very friendly and accommodating to all of our guests. It did not matter where you were: at the pool. beach or Skytop, the staff was always there to satisfy your needs. As a constructive criticism, the check in process was the only negative I encountered. The process took too long and gave our guests a first impression that was not very promising.

We also booked a private catamaran cruise with Samba Catarmans, Great trip for the entire wedding entourage.

Beach Palace deserves a round of applause for a job well done!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Skip P

Dear Skip P:
I am so very happy that your son´s wedding was a total success!! I know that there was a lot of stress and nerve in the air, but as I told you, Rebeca is the best wedding planner.
Thanks again for trusting us with this so very important day, I hope I can see you back in a real near future!!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a week at Beach Palace. Despite the unfortunate rainy /drizzly weather we had that week, we had a lovely experience at Beach Palace. Starting with the Tequila restaurant breakfast experience where Gabriela made the greatest omelettes with such ease and was always very warm and smiling every day, to our waiters Ernesto and Andres who were both very attentive to us every morning. We sat at the pool area every day and I cannot say enough about Angel. What great service he gave us!! Always checking on us whenever he passed by and returning with our drinks very quickly and even suggesting alternatives when we asked his opinion. Most of our dinners were spent in Bocelli's. After experiencing Antonio's professionalism on our first time there, we tried to get a table in his section every time afterwards. He is a great asset to your establishment! He saw to our every need and his experience really shows in his impeccable and classy service to his customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Gail G:
I am very sorry if you experimented bad weather during your stay with us, the best choice is that you come over again so you can live the Palace experience at its best.
Thank you very much for your great review and comments.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nothing else to say but that this place is the perfect Resort to stay at in Cancun! The rooms are immaculate and very nice. Also, the Staff is always friendly and willing to go far out of their way to help with anything you need. In particular, Luis and Yanet at the sky bar, and Eduardo and the whole activities staff really made my family's, friend's and my Spring Break trip to Cancun fun, relaxing and Amazing! (So did Snoop Dogg). Stay here and you will not regret it!
-Ponochito

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Jared S:
Thank you very much for your review and nice comments, I can see that you had a great time with us, I will make sure that all the staff members you mention get a copy of your review, it is really important for them to be recognized by their guests!!!