“Sky Bar best part of Beach Palace experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Beach Palace
Ranked #14 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Spring, Texas, United States
“Sky Bar best part of Beach Palace experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We just got back from the Beach Palace on Saturday June 7, 2014. Overall we were very happy with our stay. We really enjoyed the pools-- a huge main pool with awesome water slide facing the ocean and a lovely sky bar on the top of the resort with Oscar-- the best bartender we found! The Sky bar also contained 2 rooftop pools and 2 hot tubs. The views were amazing. We enjoyed room service every morning for breakfast. Don't miss the Chef's dinner on Wednesdays-- intimate dinner with the executive chef of the Beach Palace. Guys, don't forget a pair of slacks/jeans for the Italian restaurant.
Housekeeping was ok...not consistent though- had to call down for clean towels, shampoo and a breakfast menu several times over the week.

Still not sure what the real policy is for tipping... our service was much better when we tipped :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn R
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Dawn R:
Thank you very much for your great comments, I do agree with you, our Sky bar is the best place for amazing views in Cancun, and I say it loud, ALL CANCUN, there is no other "roof top" in cancun, like our sky bar.
I am glad also that you liked our water slide as well, Kids just love it!! I will make sure that Oscar as well as all the other staff members you mention get an special recognition for their service given to you.

Thanks Again!!!

Luis Ojeda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,709)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We are Palace Premier VIP members (for 10 years now). This trip was a family vacation (6 of us) in a Presidential Suite. We stayed from May 31, 2014 through June 7th. I have mixed reviews about our trip that I will share here.
First, our membership has Presidential access, Concierge level service and access to Le Blanc. We purposely updated our membership years ago to get more access to services and benefits each time we visit any Palace resort. With this trip, when we arrived my party of 6 (4 women and two men) were not presented with VIP check-in, the women were not presented with flowers. We saw others being checked in getting this type of attention. During the reservation process, I advised Palace that my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary while we were there. During our stay, the Palace didn't seem to know about this and did not help us to celebrate (other than during a dinner reservation where my kids mentioned it). Minor details but this is what is advertised during all the sales pitches and what is expected with our membership.

Second, we stayed in a Presidential Suite (the best rooms right?) but the amenities supposedly in our membership package (concierge: upgraded products, better pillows, aromatherapy, better bath products, etc..) were not provided without asking for them. An when we asked for them they were provided intermittently. My suggestion to Palace is to be sure you know who your guests are, what level of membership they have and ensure that benefits of the membership package you sold them on, is provided during their stay and prepare for that before they arrive. First impressions are everything. Most families / couples come once per year, so you only get one shot at getting their trip and included benefits right.

Third, we had so-so weather while we were there but the staff really made our trip great. Especially, Yadira at the pool. She bonded with our family and provided us with excellent service. She was such a pleasure to be around and really made our day to see her and converse with her. She exceeded our expectations and always anticipated our needs by keeping our drinks replenished. Also, Gilmer in the Bocelli restaurant was great. He was extremely pleasant and helpful with getting a great meal served and with celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. (my kids mentioned it during the dinner reservation process).

One note about the Presidential Suites. The Master Bathroom is open to the common area and provides no level of privacy to the people staying in the Master Suite. Suggestion is to close up the wall so privacy is provided when exiting the shower and using the sink area.

We stay at Palace resorts every year and always look forward to our trips. Giving them feedback is important but continuous improvement to valid concerns so that future stays are even better, is even more important. I would give Palace an 8 out of 10 for this trip. Lets strive for 10 out of 10 for our next trip. Thanks Palace!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Love2CAncun:

First of all thank you very much for beeing members of Palace Resorts for the past 10 years, although this is a bitter sweet review for me, because I can see that many things happen during your stay, that are not suppose to happen, any way is good that you give me tools to work with my staff, specially front desk and housekeeping.
I hope that it wont deter the relation that you have with us, I am very sorry about all the nost so good things.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Me and a group of my friends stayed there for spring break and it was absolutely amazing! Yanet, Yair, and Dominga, who were some of the staff at the pool, were incredibly helpful and attentive. The entire staff was friendly and whenever anyone needed anything, from food & drinks to help arranging transportation, they were quick and efficient. Overall it was an amazing vacation thanks to the awesome staff and great atmosphere!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jourdan N
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jourdan N:
Thank You very Much for all your nice comments about the Beach Palace, let me tell you that I consider Yanet, Yair and Dominga some of the best Staff members of our Beach Palace, I will let them know that you mention them in your review, they will just love it!!!

Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Beach Palace is perfect for many different types of groups. I went with 11 of my close friends, all seniors in college, and it was an awesome experience. We stayed in a presidential suite (and had an additional double room) and it suited our party perfectly. All of the rooms are impeccably clean, and the beds are more comfortable than my own at home! The service is awesome- friendly and attentive at all times. Yanet, Dominga and Yair at the pool were always friendly, kind and helpful. They all are very hard workers and we were glad to meet them! Speaking of the pool, it overlooks the pristine beach and there are plenty of chairs and tables. One more thing- WATER. SLIDE. Kids and adventurous adults alike were having a ball. The variety of food choices from breakfast to late-night dining can't be beat. I would recommend this hotel, and the other palace resorts, to anyone and everyone looking for a fun and luxurious beach vacation.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but one on a higher floor will provide a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank April H
Dear April H:

Thank you very much for choosing the Beach Palace for your grad party trip, I am sure that this is the perfect location for that kind of vacation, we are just 5 minutes away fro all the party centers in Cancun, and the best is that you can ride the city bus for only 10 pesos!!
I hope I can see you back in a real near future!!

The best to Oklahoma!!

Middlebrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My Husband and I stayed 11 days in May. Had visited 2 year ago while staying at Moon Palace and enjoyed so much we had to book to stay. Firstly all inclusive in Palace Resorts are amazing. Room Service 24-7. Pick up the phone and what ever you want is with you within 20 minutes. The hotel is lovely and clean. I'm sure they must put perfume in the aircon because it smells so fresh. I preferred the smallness of the hotel rather than a large complex that I am used to going to.
For the first time on holiday I actually got to know some of the staff by name. Dominga who we first met on the roof top bar then sometimes by the pool was lovely. She always had a bottle of water everyday we first arrived at rooftop. Then for the rest of the day she always made sure we had fresh drinks. Once or twice we asked for snacks that were not on the menu but Dominga was happy to disappear and supply us with our request. Yadire Celene also was great, very happy and quick to bring new drinks when needed. Salma in the main restaurant at the door was so smiley and happy to greet us every morning for breakfast and would remember our room number and name.
The rooms were lovely and cleaned everyday with fresh towels plus turn-down if required. The fridge topped up everyday was a blessing for juice and fizzy drinks. When booking we did go for the basic and did upgrade to a higher room on the Lagoon which was definitely worth it the views were lovely.
The beach is beautiful and no problems getting beds or umbrellas.
My favourite the roof top is gorgeous-probably the reason I came back after my first visit. Views amazing and sooooo relaxing.
Some of the entertainment was great really professional.
The food was really good. Went to the Italian 3 times-delicious. The oriental twice-delicious. Was great that didn't have to book.
One thing that could be improved was the sports bar. Was the only place after entertainment finished to go for drink and relax. Again the bar staff great but the atmosphere was not great. It was quite a large space and don't know if it was the lighting or lack of music but something was missing.
All in all had a great holiday. Thank You Beach Palace. x

Room Tip: I'm sure sea view is lovely but lagoon view is also amazing. If lower floors 1-3 I definitely re...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tish R
Dear TishMiddlebrough:
Thank You Very Much For all your nie comments and review about our Beach Palace, I am very happy that for this trip you choose us instead of the Moon Palace, And I hope you keep choosing us in the future.
I will make sure that all the staff members that you mention, get an special recognition for the great service they provide to you and your family.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our family is having a fabulous time here at the Beach Palace Hotel. Staff mostly very friendly and helpful! We especially liked our waitress poolside. She is so sweet and friendly, always a smile....look her up, her name is Yadira Celene! Enjoyed the variety of food. They definitely tried to offer different dishes each day. The sales dept. in hotel not too pushy which we appreciated. The experience in town not so good though....constant onslaught of sales people who don't know how to take "no" for an answer! Ugh! That is a con to traveling to Mexico!

Room Tip: We loved the Presidential Suite. Nice and roomy for our family of 4. Staff brought in two rollaway b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear FishEyecrunchers:
Thank You Very Much For your great comments, Yadira and Celene are the names to follow while you are here with us, they will surely pamper you!!!
I am sorry if sales people made you had a not so pleasent time!!!

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at Beach Palace for 8 days. My goals for vacation were to relax, eat and drink well, and get a tan. I accomplished this at Beach Palace. I was there from May 25 - June 1. I never had a problem getting a chair by the beach and the umbrella person was always very prompt in bringing us shade. Our waiter, Esteban, was great never had to go searching for a drink. The rooms were nice. Also check-in was a bit of a hassle but they stored our bags until our room was ready and we ate lunch and explored the hotel. And it was worth the wait when we got such nice room. Were we in 1101 and had a view of the lagoon and ocean. It was perfect and an amazing view. Also the bed on the balcony was amazing. We had an all inclusive and ate at every restaurant. I didn't really like the Wok, but every other place was amazing. We ate at the Italian twice and wanted to eat at La Terreza again but it rained so it was closed and couldn't order from the menu. The buffet was good for lunch, but really enjoyed the burgers and quesadilla at the Sky Bar in the rooftop pool area. Ordered room service one night and it was good and arrived quickly. The buffet offered alot of variety and you could order from your waiter as well. Overall I enjoyed myself, but if you need alot of nightly activities to do this isn't the place. Everything pretty much closed after the nightly show ended at 10:00pm. So if you wanted to go out you had to take a bus or cab to the clubs. The sports bar wasn't really a sports bar it was basically a lounge to drink in with 2 pool tables. The area was very safe and we walked to some of the local gift shops and got a great deal. An added plus was the free calls back to the US and the wifi was amazing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1Luv2travel21
Dear 1Luv2travel21:
Eat well, drink well and get a tan....YES that sounds like the Beach PAlace perfect vacation!! Thank you very much for your great review and comments, I am happy tha Esteban also did a great job serving you drinks on Beach and Pool!!
I would like to say that calls and wifi are not free, they are included on your room rate, but I know that equallly they are well accepted isn´t it??

The best for you and your family!!