“Better Than Expected!!”

Beach Palace
Ranked #15 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the Beach Palace June 18th to the 25th and had such a great experience. We have 4 kids 8, 17, 19 & 20 and this was the first time for us to Cancun. My wife and spent several months reading reviews here trying to find the perfect hotel for our family because it's quite expensive for a family of 6 so we wanted to make sure we made the best choice, we did!! We stayed in the Presidential suite which was absolutely incredible. Lots of room, the hotel and rooms are spotless and we could have housekeeping come in at any time which is great. The only draw back to the room is the gap between the glass panes in the bathroom which allows people in the living room to see you when your in front of the mirror in the bathroom but not a big deal.

The presidential suite has an adjoining room with another hot tub and two beds and we also had a fold up bed brought in for my son and we put it in our room next to the slider and still had lots of room and he slept great. The balcony and view is amazing. Really really big and great views and sunsets. After walking the beach the Beach Palace definitely has the best beach by far. The hotel is walking distance to a shopping center that has great food and shops. We also took a bus to Mercado 28 for some good barter type shopping. The bus ride was only about 20 minutes to get there and lots of good buys. Felt very safe even though it's off the strip a bit.

We also sat through the time share presentation to get an idea of what they offer. Everyone was very nice albeit a little pushy but you know that going in and we save about $500 for a trip to Xel-Ha which was amazing!

The best part of Beach Palace are the people that work there. They are all so friendly and always there to help with anything. I was impressed that with all the people coming in from the beach or pool the floor inside the hotel was never wet, no sand any where, they are really on top of keeping the hotel spotless. We spent a lot of time in all the pools. The kids pool with the slide was really good and my son and I spent a lot of time going down the slide. More fun than a picture can show!

All in all I cannot think of anything that could have been better. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left everyone was great. Room service 24hrs a day was awesome. All the restaurants have great food with plenty of options. We plan on returning and I would not stay at another hotel.
I give this hotel 5 stars because they earned it!!!! Awesome Vacation..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim R
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Tim R:
Thank You Very Much for a GREAT review, i am so very happy that we fullfilled your expectations about a dream vacation, I always tell my staff that our main job is to make our guests dreams come true!!!
I hope that if you decide to come back to Cancun in the future, you choose us back again!!!

Luis Ojeda

Write a ReviewReviews (6,298)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at BP for 5 nights from 7/10-7/15. The hotel rooms are basic, but nice. We were on the lagoon side and just be fore-warned...it's HOT on that side...all day. Even at night you have no breeze and it's warm. Beds are comfortable though and the Chi products (shampoo, body wash, lotion, hair dryer, straightener) are a nice perk.

The buffet and steakhouse were the best. Wok, the Asian restaurant is just so-so and really small. We had to wait one night for 1.5 hours. We never ate at the Italian restaurant because men HAVE to have pants, no shorts. But, the steakhouse out on the deck was great all around-food/staff/location wise. The buffet was my favorite. The offerings were always different and good. They had a great selection of juices (watermelon water was the best!!!) and fun salsas and always had guacamole and pico de gallo.

The beach is beautiful! Water was a little rough when we were there, but there was always plenty of loungers and umbrellas on the beach. The only thing I can say about the pool/beach service is there needs to be a few more wait staff going around.

All in all, it was a GREAT place to stay and I would DEFINITELY return!

3  Thank STLLovesIsla

Dear STLLovesIsla:
Thank You Very Much for your nice comments and review, I am very happy that you mention our CHI ammenities, that is something that not all of our guests appreciate, I think in most cases people dont know how good those products are.
Thanks also for your nice comments about our restaurants, and yes, we do have a restaurant with a dress code, I think that is nice to go to a restaurant that feels a little bit upscale, however if you return again and you dont have trousers to wear, please feel free to ask our public relations staff, they will get a pair for you.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a great stay at the Beach Palace and it was made all that much better by Victor on the pool bar. He knew exactly when you wanted a new drink and was there before you had to ask! He makes a mean mudslide!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kait-RyanBerg

Dear Kait_RyanBerg:
Thank you very much for your nice review, I will make sure that Victor is aware that you mention him as well as his Mudslides!!! :)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our family was not impressed with Beach Palace. In the future, we will just stay at Moon Palace and take the shuttle during the day to Beach Palace to experience the beautiful beach. The food at both resorts are decent, however, there is more variety at Moon Palace. Also, if you like pinot grigio, it is not part of the AI and you will have to pay extra.

My husband and I were given room 108 at Beach Palace which was "ocean view" and our two sons were given a lagoon view on the 6th floor. Our sons' room was nice, however, when I opened the curtain from to our room, the ocean view was obstructed from the enormous concrete overhang from the pool. That night, we were kept awake by the music from the nightclub below our room; we felt we were in the nightclub. We switched rooms the following day. You would have expected the front desk to be apologetic instead of inconvenienced by our request.

The elevators were so slow and very hot. It took forever to get anywhere. The beach chairs are lined up tightly in a small space on the beach so you are surrounded by people. You really cannot enjoy the beauty of the beach from all of the umbrellas and chairs.

I had 2 issues at checkout. One was extremely embarrassing. My husband and I were eating lunch with our friends when this man came down into the restaurant waving a flatiron at me. He said that I had switched out the flatirons and was asking if I had one in my luggage. I had to repeatedly communicate to him that that flatiron was the one in my room and I didn't even own a flatiron. I noticed that the one at Beach Palace was different than the one at Moon Palace so I guess a previous guest had switched out the irons yet I was being accused in the middle of a restaurant.

I was given 2 slips of paper for my luggage because we had 2 rooms. You can use the checkout slips to continue to enjoy service while waiting for your airport transportation. I had given my husband 1 slip and I kept the other. When it came time to retrieve my luggage, the front desk had written the wrong room number on my slip so I could not get my luggage. I tried to show him my name was correct but the room number was wrong but he refused to put the luggage on the bus that was waiting for us. My husband was in the restroom while all of this commotion was going on so thank goodness they had written the correct room on his slip so our luggage was finally loaded.

Beach Palace has a great wait staff in all the restaurants and bars; Miguel, Diego and Oscar are awesome!

Room Tip: Do not get anything above the sports bar...avoid room 108.
4  Thank MsMelissa67

Dear MsMelissa67:
I am sorry that your perception about our Beach Palace wasn´t impressing, we always do our best to impress our guests, I am very sorry that in this case, it wasn´t so.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family really enjoyed staying at the beach palace resort. The kids club was great. My son really enjoyed all of the activities and Gisel in the kids club was great! We will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: Presidential suite provided enough room for a family of five!
2  Thank Mexicofun2014
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mexicofun2014:
It is great to see that Gisselle at our kids club did a great job, I am a true believer that the kids club has to be in one word PERFECT, if kids are happy, so grownups will be.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After much research we decided to book our wedding at the Beach Palace Cancun, Mexico. Trip Advisor was the biggest reason we booked with them. We had about 25 rooms we book through Wendy Hicks at Vacation Express. We had about 51 guests with us for our wedding and all stayed at the Beach Palace. I will break my review down by pros and cons...sorry in advance for the long review, but want everyone to be informed :)

Pros:
1. Maria Rebeca is an AMAZING wedding coordinator and I highly recommend requesting her for your wedding. She worked above and beyond to resolve issues that the management caused.

2. Waiters, Waitresses and Bartenders: let me list all the ones we loved: Kids pool usually had the amazing Yanet, pool bar had Yadira, Esteban, Jorge, Luis, Miguel. Our honeymoon dinner on 07.20.14 had Miguel as our waiter and romantic dinner on the beach on 07.21.14 had Nestor, Jorge and one other gentleman who made the experience beyond amazing (please ask Nestor for his name). Our wedding on 07.18.14 on the sky deck and bar had the most amazing, Bernabe, Nestor, Geovanny, Jorge, Miguel ( bartender) Jorge (Banquet Capitan on charge). They never let our drinks go empty and knew the drinks our guests loved. Front desk - Diane and Isis were always beyond helpful and smiling. Jesus from the entertainment side was hilarious and lively! Entertainment staff was great, but Jesus stood out the most.

3. Styling Trio!!!!!! Highly recommend for wedding hair. They are expensive but a preferred vendor so no outside vendor fee. Worth EVERY penny! They come to your room and everything!

4. Resort spa - hair Meriva (spelling)? Did a great job on my rehearsal dinner hair and makeup.

5. Food and drinks were fabulous

6. Tempo for Steel Drummers was perfect.

7. JSAV - Benjamin did a wonderful job at our wedding as our DJ. More slow songs would have been nice, but I should have specifically requested that.

8. Pure package was beautiful but not sure I would pay $300 per table again. Center pieces could have been a little better because they were basic. Loved the table linens and chair linens.

9. Housekeeping for our room and room service was best I have ever seen! They took care of every need without hesitation. Only couldn't deliver the amazing cappuccinos they make downstairs.

10. Pool and beach are good, but recommend finding a way to save your spot because if you don't get a spot by 9 AM you won't have a spot.

11. Upgrade Presidential Suite that they gave us was BREATH TAKING! I loved having that suite that day of my wedding because the gals got to spend the day with me in my room and then after the ceremony before the reception the bridal party had a moment to get ourselves together before the introductions. LOVED IT!

12. Dreamart Videographer (Dana would know which name) had great ideas and thought outside of the box to get the video. I have not seen it yet, but he thought to interview some of our guests which was a GREAT idea. They also worked with us on our time which was great.

Cons: mind you, these are big enough that we will probably never stay at a Palace Resort again:

1. We booked through a travel agency so we were a wedding group. which means we were all paid in full months in advance soooo our guests should never ever be told the hotel is overbooked. On Wednesday, one of our guests came to check in and unfortunately met, Carlos, at the front desk. He TOLD our guests they were booked and they HAD to go to another resort. I'm glad Le Blanc is the best and we should be happy they were sent to such a nice hotel, but they paid to be with us or our wedding not spend the night at another hotel. The other zinger was that the hotel was not booked that night, it was booked the following night. Carlos LIED to them and then when confronted by us and management he LIED again. After much questioned and a big scene the truth comes out that the hotel was not booked that night and even if it had been overbooked our group NEVER should have been bumped. The lies continued the next day when the president of the travel agency got involved and called the hotel, the hotel LIED to them. The hotel told the travel agency that our guests saw the room and didn't like it and asked to be moved to another resort. Let's see...does that sound like something a groomsmen and his wife would say?!? Maria Rebeca, was the ONLY person that night trying to help us solve the problem. Unfortunately, our guests had already been moved so they missed our Welcome Cocktails and our Bachelor and Bachelorette Party for the evening. Our guests were moved back to Palace Resorts the next day, but the experience with Carlos at the front desk and Patrick from Public Relations was AWFUL and caused us to really really not enjoy our evening. Carlos even had the nerve to salute my fiancé as he was walking back into the hotel. When someone is upset a good customer service representative would not do things to provoke the groom. A groom who has many many guests and spent a lot of money on a wedding at their hotel. The next morning Norma found me and took time to speak with me and brought the general manager over, Luis, and requested that my fiancé and I meet with them so they could make things right. I got my fiancé and we met in Luis’ office. They apologized profusely for the actions of Carlos and Patrick. We appreciated the apology from Norma and Luis, but never received an apology from Patrick or Carlos. They upgraded our friends and took care of them for the rest of their stay which is all we wanted. We wanted them to make it right with our guests. WHEN BOOKING YOUR WEDDING GROUP PUT IN THE CONTRACT THAT THEY CANNOT SEND ANY OF YOUR GUESTS TO ANOTHER HOTEL!!!

2. Resort credits are kind of a gimmick. We had $1500 in resort credits, but could only use $300 at the spa and when we asked to use DreamArt Photography $250 credit towards our videography we were told we could not. Even though the resort credit information did not state that weddings were a restriction. Gift shop you can only use on tequila, cigars, some towards silver and on the designer sunglasses what were marked up $75-$100 so it wasn’t worth getting it with them. We ended up getting tequila and cigars to give as gifts, but know you must pay a 16% service charge on anything you use the resort credit on so we ended up spending about $200 in services charges to use our resort credit.

3. My sister was double charged our spa resort credit which made her exceed her credit and she had to go through hoops to get it removed from her account. I booked my mom’s hair appointment and they charged it to my room even though I told them it was for her so I had to go through hoops to get it off my account.

4. Pedicures don’t really last while you are at the beach or pool so I wouldn’t recommend getting it unless you need it for the wedding. That is normal though.

5. A lot of management cannot help you with issues. You have to wait for the exact person who booked an appointment or whatever to be able to correct any errors. It would be nice to have a manager on duty who could correct issues on the spot.

6. Upon arrival we have to look over our wedding options and contracts. We did not know we needed to bring our credit cards again. They already had copies of the credit cards and licenses and they wanted to copy them again. I do not feel comfortable giving my credit card over and over again. Also, we had already paid in full for everything prior to arriving. A friend wanted to add their hair to our Styling Trio contract. We said that was fine, but the hotel gave us a new contract for Styling Trio and wanted us to sign a new one for $800 something. We stated, they needed to show the credit paid already which was about $600 something and only show what was actually due which was $160. They could not do this so I refused to sign the new contract. When departing today, I was able to signs new contract for $160 and they were paid by the guest who used their services.

7. We had a contract with Ocean Photo for our videography services and the month of our wedding stating they were not considered an inside vendor anymore and we would have to switch to Dream Art Photo or pay the $700 outside vendor fee. We had already signed a contract and established a relationship with them so we were nervous to switch. Dana was helpful with sending us sample videos so we would comfortable with them. We will keep you posted as to how the video turns out.

I hope this review helped any guest or wedding guests for the future. My best piece of advice for anyone is to make sure EVERYTHING is in writing. I had a notebook with every e-mail correspondence between myself and the hotel and that helped greatly when reservations for appointments had been lost. Such as our romantic dinner and my mom’s appointment. They were able to fix and get those appointments and times honored.

Room Tip: At least get Lagoon view or you may end up starring at a concrete wall like some of our guests.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Esahunnie

Dear Essahunie:
I am very happy because the main thing that was your wedding was a success, as well as our service and food and drinks.
For all the inconviniences you had during the process I just have to say, I am very sorry about it, and i will make everything that is on my hands so it wont happen again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed at Palace Resorts every time we've traveled to Cancun, and have never been disappointed. This is the second time at Beach Palace. The beach is beautiful and spacious, service is friendly and speedy on every level. Even though it was experiencing a high occupancy during the month of July, the service was impeccable. A special thanks to waiters, Geovanni Umana and Josue Desena, who helped make our breakfast experience a morning JOY.

We highly recommend anyone traveling to Cancun to consider any of the Palace resorts...especially Beach Palace.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that overlooks the beach, otherwise you may be assigned one that overlooks...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear joepreach:
Thank you very much for becomming our fans, we love to see that guests come back over and over, I hope you can come back as soon as possible.
I will make sure to personally thank all the staff members that you mention, they do make the difference!!!