““Nice Vacation at Beach Palace””
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We just returned from a week stay at the Beach Palace in July. The trip included myself, my husband and my two girls (ages 15 & 23). First I have to say we had a wonderful time and the resort is small but clean and gorgeous! The staff was exceptionally friendly and made every effort to go out of their way to make our vacation comfortable and pleasant.

I personally want to thank a few staffs that made our trip memorable:

Amelia who charmingly helped us with our booking tours.
Andrei and Florentina who gave me and my daughter the best massage ever
Francisco who kindly kept bringing us drinks and foods on the sky bar pool
Rafael – the finest waiter at the Wok
Victor, Roger and Gabriella at the Tequila
AND so many more that we can’t remember all the names.

Food: We found the food at the Bocelli Italian Restaurant was the best and all other restaurants: the Tequila buffets, the La Terraza Steak House, and the Wok Asian were decent. We made a visit to Moon Palace one night and found the Momo Asian in the Sunrise lobby was also excellent. However, we had to wait for about 3 hours to be seated so we went browsing around the resort and found the food at the Barracuda Steak House was extremely good. Their rib eye steak here was so extraordinary.

Resort Credits: We booked 2 rooms so we had $3000 in resort credits. We only used some of our credits to book for 3 massages $450, hair braid $75, and 3 excursions to visit Coba, Tulum and the Valladolid Cenote. The tour cost was average from $80 to $110 per person. Keep in mind there was a 16% sales tax you must pay for whatever amount you used (last year was only 11%). Most of these tours required walking shoes, comfortable clothes and hat / umbrella. Bring bug spray to void biting from mosquitos. You can wear your bathing suit underneath since some of the areas allowed swimming.

Other Amenities: The two pools on rooftop sky bar are often less crowded than the pool on the beach. The view up here is amazing. The room service was quick and decent. My kids ordered room service practically every night since they stayed up late. The room itself was nice with big jacuzzi tub (never used it since it took a while to fill up). It had big size lanai- balcony with a giant padded lounger and chairs. We stayed on the lower floors so we watched the nightly entertainment from our balcony which was pretty cool. FREE Wi-Fi throughout the resort and FREE unlimited phone calls made back to US from your room which is a BIG plus (dial 9001+the area code+the number). The beach at this resort is BEAUTIFUL but the waves were rough surprisingly. My daughter and several other people lost their sunglasses due to this incident so be cautious.

Gratuities: We had over $300 in small and big bills for tipping those who went above and beyond and believe me…ALL the people DESERVED tips although they did not expect them. They worked so hard and always had a big smile on their faces.

Things need to be improved: Check in was way too SLOW and the front desk person never explained how to turn on lights in the room. Had to grab a walk-by couple to help out and found out we had to stick the room card in the slot by the front door to active all the lights in the room. Beach / pool lounge chairs need to be monitored. If no person used / returned in a few hours, the staff should remove the dirty wet towels so someone else can use the chairs.

Overall, I would DEFINITELY recommend the Beach Palace resort to my family and friends and to anyone looking for an all-inclusive in Cancun.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family!

Room Tip: Ocean room has the best view but ask for rooms from 2nd floor or higher. The 1st floor is located d...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MochiLam
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear MochiLam:
Thank You Very much for your incredible review and comments about the Beach Palace, it is great to see that you remember so well all the staff members that made your vacation an special one!!

I hope I can see you here in a near future!!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you are feeling unsure about all inclusive like we were, go to the Beach Palace. The hotel is simply outstanding, but is bettered by the fantastic staff. Special mention to Yadira ( who looked after us on the beach every day) never met someone so happy who works so hard. Gabrielle cooked the best breakfasts we have had away from home and Elmer and Yanet treated us wonderfully in the sports lounge. This was our silver wedding anniversary and will never be forgotten thanks to the marvellous staff and superb surroundings at the Palace. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try and make sure you are on the second floor or above as we did. Lower than this and you may not ha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris R

Dear Chris R:
Just as your review title says:
Everything you want in an all inclusive!!! just perfect, and if we dont have it, we will try to get it:

Thank you very much for your great review!!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a lovely, fun-filled trip to Beach Palace. My mother-in-law wanted to do something nice for her sister and niece and decided that a trip to Cancun would be fun and asked me along--since I go to Cancun frequently. Then the sister, niece and I decided it would be fun to celebrate our hostess and her 86th birthday! Everyone at Beach Palace was so helpful in helping us do that! Karina Garcia Guinovart made our reservations for a Presidential Suite and it was beautiful! Rosa Isabela Maas Xoo made all of our spa reservations for us ahead of time and they were all perfect! I arranged private transportation via Suburban (with sparkling wine) to and from the resort through Lumaale DMC--Transportes Touristicos Feraltar with Fernando Garcia Casto. Rafael Carvallo Zamudio was our fun and informative driver! We had excellent food and over the top service all week. Patricio Soto, the Public Relations Asst. Mgr., was so helpful in arranging some special things for our hostess, to include rose petals on her bed, champagne and a cake for her birthday, and making reservations at Bocelli for a nice birthday dinner. Umberto, the restaurant manager, was so kind and treated us with excellence! Roger, our server, did an excellent job at her special birthday dinner, as well as another evening that we dined at Bocelli! We had excellent omlettes at Tequila courtesy of Gabriella and delicious mangos thanks to Josue at breakfast! We also enjoyed wonderful sky pool bar service by Yadira Celene Gonzalez Barrera, as well as Hermelinda Zacarias and Victor Ramirez. Luis and Jimi, the bartenders at night at the sky pool bar were energetic and eager to please! They made us anything and everything that we asked for. Thank you for taking the time to make us Bumblebee shooters whenever we asked! We also attended a wine tasting with the sommelier, Oliver Simon Martinez Lopez. It was a lot of fun and loved the personal touch of the program with our names on it! After a wonderful dinner at the Wok, we enjoyed an after dinner drink of Toncha (tequila cream), which was a first for me! Excellente! We had non-stop attention all week, with great service and lots of smiles. Our spa treatments were all top-notch and we received great maid service! Our room was kept immaculate! This trip turned out to be one of the best for each and every one of us!!! I hope that we'll be able to do another "ladies trip" again! It was certainly a birthday to remember for my mother-in-law!! Thank you Beach Palace--you will always be one of my favorite Palaces!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank bradybunch13

Dear bradycunch13:
I am glad that the special vacation for you and your family turned to be a great one, I want to thank you also for beeing so specific about all the staff that helped you doing this possible.

Thank You Very Much, I hope I can see you back here in a near future!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the resort for my spring vacation and I would definitely go back again. The place was spectacular. It was clean, had amazing views, an excellent pool and beach, good food, and superior staff. The staff there was what really made our vacation.
I have a vacation mentality of it is time to relax and drink. The bar staff in the Stadium Bar was very accomidating. Being a huge hockey fan, the staff actually took the time to get to know that, and would put on a Penguins game or any other hockey game on every time I walked in to the bar.
On the third day of my vacation, I had actually dislocated my knee and refusing to go get it checked out until I got back home, the staff made sure I was quite pain free the whole time. Making sure I always had a seat at the bar and a place to keep my leg elevated. The whole stadium bar staff of Erick, Miguel, Rizo, and Alfredo took care of my friends and me our whole week there.
The entertainment staff got to know us well (Eduardo, Cristobal and Joshua were very entertaining) and always made sure we included ourselves in the daily activities.
And our pool side server, Esteban always knew what drinks we wanted and always served us lunch at the pool. He also helped me out when I dislocated my knee pool side by helping me to my lounge chair and getting me ice everyday.
The room service was spectacular also. We tried every restaurant in the resort and they were the best.
If all the Palace resorts are like this, I'm going to make sure I check out every single one.

Oh, I almost forgot, we had done a spa day when we were there. It was AMAZING! The staff was very friendly and making sure that all of our needs were met.

I can't say anything about the excursions they offered there because the resort was enough for us to do everyday!

Room Tip: We learned there that the higher the level of the room, the better alcohol it has in the mini bar in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nursebetty87
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear nursebetty87:
I am very sorry to hear about your knee, I hope that is already well and you are back in your daily activities normaly and pain free.
Thank You very much for your great review and comments, you are totally right, vacations are to be pampered and served!!
I hope that if you decide to comeback to Cancun again, you choose us back!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After reading reviews, I expected this resort to be amazing but to my surprise, the resort overall was very mediocre. Luckily we got an upgrade to Moon Palace or else this vacation would have been dead.

Service- The service overall was good, just standard service that you can expect from any resort really.

Food-The food was a disappointment. The food wasn't exactly bad but a lot of it did lack flavor in my opinion. The steaks were very bland, and it'd be nice if there were more choices at the buffet. the italian restaurant was a decent place to eat at.

Entertainment- This is what disappointed me and my family the most. The resort is simply incredibly boring. Sure you have a show at 9 pm but after it is over, there isn't much else to do except go to the bar but even that gets tiring after a while. I found that it was a bit much to make the pool tables only allowed for 18 year olds or with a parent signature. There was no energy around the pool area, there'd be a game of pool volleyball and water polo but that's pretty much it.

My biggest tip for anyone thinking about this resort is to book your stay at Moon Palace instead since it is easily 100 times better than Beach Palace. You will have a lot more fun (Especially if you are going with a family), have a wide array of foods to eat and you will be able to have a more relaxing time. Only good thing about Beach Palace is the location. The only reason why you may want to book here is because of the beautiful beach, but other than that the resort is average at best.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank John N

Dear John N:
Wow, it would be very hard for me to consider our 450 employees that work sunrise until sunset so hard to please all our guests "MEDIOCRE" real tough word... I am sorry that you had that perception...

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We loved the beach palace and had a great time there, although there are few issues that I had with it which is why I feel it doesn’t deserve the full 5 stars.
GOOD- The hotel is small so you never have to wait in line for food, there are plenty of lounging chairs available, the service is fast and friendly. Our waiter at the beach, Angel, was overall the best! He made sure we had our favourite drinks and it was a great time to chat with him  The rooms are spacious & clean. We were on the 9th floor overlooking the lagoon and the views are spectacular. There is a self-serve bar in the room, which is great! I was also happy to find a hair flattening iron, as I had forgotten mine. Also, on the last day my husband got sun-fever, the whole staff was so friendly and co-operative and even let us stay a couple of hours past the check out time in our room, so he can rest. Thank you for that!
NEGATIVES- The food was very very bland, although it was nicely presented it left a lot to imagination as far as the taste goes. This was my biggest disappointment, as I love Mexican food, and I felt the food at the hotel was very bland and highly Americanized. Sorry, we are not in America, and I don’t want to eat such crappy food! As well, one of the hostesses (the light skinned one, taller) was so unenthusiastic and snobby, looked like she couldn’t care less I don’t think she should be working at this position, put her somewhere behind the scenes, please.
There was a lack of entertainment at night. They would simply play a concert on the big screen and expect us to be amused. One night there was a live band which was great, and the other was a fire-dance show, which was ok too. But there needs to be more variety.
Also, one night before dinner we were getting ready and wanted to iron our clothes, but we realized the iron wasn’t working. It took more than an hour and 4 phone calls later to get a new iron.
The water bottles in the room weren’t replaced every day and we had to call. The card for room-service breakfast wasn’t replaced, which should have been. Although, one morning we ordered breakfast at 6am and it was delivered right on time and it was fresh and hot.
The guys who you should speak to about the credit system are just like the used car salesman. We booked a trip independently from the hotel and the guy gave us attitude for not booking through them. This was very unprofessional. Thank God we managed to escape the talk about the credit system, as we knew beforehand its all a scam anyways.
Overall, we liked the resort and might return. But I do hope the small issues raised above could be improved.

Room Tip: Upper floors, either the lagoon or beach view is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear NaLe:
Of course that all your comments will be solved and I hope that if you decide to come over again, you let me know in advance so we can have something special for you, I would also like you to meet our executive chef and you let him know what would you like to find on our restaurants, we would really appreciate that from an experienced traveller!!

Thank You Very Much!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have tried All Inclusive in Bahamas, St Lucia, Barbados and Cubs. This hotel is by far the best in terms of what you pay. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent food. The oriental restaurant has good sushi, good soups want satay but the other dishes are nice but not really authentic. The Italian restaurant serves excellent risotto. The buffet restaurant is consistently good for all meals but breakfast is absolutely fabulous. The combination of American classics and Caribbean/Mexican flourishes makes for the best ever breakfast. Try grilled cactus and tortillas in green tomato sauce with pancakes and bacon. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Sea view is my favourite but lagoon side gives the opportunity for late afternoon Sun bathing on your own balcony. You will read a few bad reviews on here from the odd soul who has had a bad experience and then made it worse for themselves. In our experience the hotel does all it can to make right the rare slip up. The only downside is the arrival of guests from moon palace midday but you get a head start on them so it's fine. Also it is very lively and noisy round the pool area so if you don't want to meet guests from all over and play pool volley ball etc, head for the beach. All in all, best hotel ever for the cost.

Room Tip: Sea view is best but lagoon side has Sun in afternoon and still good views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Briggsie999:
I am glad that from all the all inclusives you have tried you think the Beach Palace is one of the best, if not, the best one!!
Your comments about our food will be loved by our executive chef, we are always working to provide the best food available, trying to please a lot of diferent cultures and tastes.
But I just have to say, Thank You Very Much for your review and comments!!