“Great experience at Beach Palace”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #16 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great experience at Beach Palace”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was our first time in Cancun and we had a great time at Beach Palace. The beach view from our balcony was awesome! Good food and services. My kids loved the kids club that ran by Gisel and Denisse. They were the reason our kids wanted to visit every day.

2 Thank Cuong N
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Cuong N:
I am very happy to read that your kids hada great time at our Kids Club, I am a thru believer that if kids are fine, parents will be happy!!

Thanks Again

Luis Ojeda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,767)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Adamstown, Maryland
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Each year, we try to visit somewhere different around the globe. This year, we decided to give Cancun a try.

On arrival to Cancun's airport, the customs and immigration process was rather quick and easy. Upon leaving the customs area, there are a lot of greeters dressed in tanned uniforms, so we decided to ask for directions to get to our pre arranged ground transportation. The young lady graciously took us to this gentleman standing at a desk of sorts for the next "steps". He said our transportation should be ready in about 15 minutes, then started his presentation of places to visit for a discount once we had 90 minutes to spare to listen to a scheduled presentation at one of the Cancun resorts. At that point I realized he was trying to sell, well hard sell, us on a time share opportunity. I know the guy was just trying to earn a living, but I had to be a bit harsh with him to let him know for the 10th time we were not interested.

Word to newbies to Cancun, you would be propositioned as some point to purchase a time share during you stay. Not saying time shares are a bad thing though, but just be prepared.

We eventually got to Beach Palace around 1:00pm, but had to wait until 3:00pm to be assigned our rooms. Lesson learned, have other activities planned if you are getting in before the 3:00pm check in time unless you are an Elite member (more on that shortly).

So after check in, we were ushered to another desk for a briefing the next day on the Palace's offerings, so we were polite and obliged. Finally got to our rooms which were clean and nice with champagne and wines to greet us.

The next day we attended the presentation, which did go longer than the planned time, and we ended up becoming Elite members which does have a cost attached. I was not prepared to do this, as my brain was in vacation mode, but in hindsight I am very happy I made the commitment as I am a serial vacationer and this package would be used quite a bit over the next few years. Not only do you get better rates and perks with Palace resorts, but also applies to multiple other gold crown resorts around the world.

So back to the Beach Palace visit. This all inclusive resort is fantastic: rooms, food, amenities, beach, etc. The pool area was a bit smaller than expected, but none the less was nice and clean. There are also nightly shows to keep you entertained, which is also included in your stay.

One of the things I really liked, was the ability to jump on the shuttle and go to any of the other Palace resorts in the area. We decided to take a trip to the sister hotel Moon Place. Boy, this place is massive with multiple pools and much more restaurants to choose from. The beach was not that great though compared to the blue waters at Beach Palace.

If you're into golf, try the course at Moon Palace. A bit pricey, compared to courses States side, so be prepared to pay for course rental, clubs and balls (at $2 per used). The course is designed by Jack Nicklaus, and is very very tough to beat.

All in all, if you want the excitement Moon Palace is the place, while I suggest Beach Palace for families. Again, you can move between properties and enjoy the best of all worlds. I cannot state enough how great the staff, in all areas, were to the guests. I would sometimes just sit there and be amazed as how staff members take their work seriously - very detail oriented. This can also be seen at the malls and plazas how dedicated and focused folks are at what they do for a living.

I would be back again very shortly, as there is much more to see and do in Cancun. Special thanks to Jose (front desk) and Uriel.

Room Tip: Use the lobby ATM for cash (pesos). the exchange rate was about USD$1 - 12 pesos, where as the airpo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank turboman300ce
Dear Ancil W:
When I see a review title like yours, it just fills me up with joy and pleasure to see that things at the Beach Palace are beeing well done.
Thank you very much for choosing us, and i hope I can see you back in the future!!!

Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our 4th stay at Beach palace (07/21 / 07/28) and 8 stay at a palace resort property. This is one of the cleanest resort you'll ever visit. Excellent beach, great room, food is great but lacks some variety after day 4.The staff unfortunately was a hit or miss even though we were tipping. We spend $200 on tips in 8 days. We didn't mind because most of the staff were great but some in the breakfast area could use some customer friendliness.
My only complain is that our room had extremely thin walls especially since it was a connecting room. We heard every conversation or move being watched in the next room. Certainly had an impact on the quality of sleep.

1 Thank John T
Dear John T:
Thank You very Much for keep comming back!!! I am not happy with the comments about the lack of friendliness of the breakfast staff, i will make sure that this problem is solved as soon as possible, I think our main strenght is our staff so this can not be happening!!!

Thanks again for choosing us time after time!!

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 August 2014

this place is awesome it was our first time to Mexico and we will definitely be back,

this place had friendly staff all were very helpful and willing to get you what ever you needed when you needed it. it has a great pool and was family friendly.

the ocean is right at your door step and clear waters and plenty of surf for all ages to enjoy.

the roof top pool and bar is a perfect touch if you want a quiet place to chat at a swim up bar or lounge around on a lounger in the hot hot sun.

if you ever go here I recommend getting a BUMBLEBEE shot form the bar in the pool they are amazing. also the bar staff know their stuff when it comes to drinks and can pretty much make anything you desire.

room service is quick and a bonus when your hungry in the middle of the night.

honestly I cant fault this place at all!

all inclusive resort with 3-4 restaurants you wont want to leave I know we didn't.

Room Tip: bumblebee shots at the pool a must try
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear mikeand0:
Just incredible that you travel all the way from New Zealand, and even greater to see that you had a great vacation with us.
Thank you very much for your great review and comments!!!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just left the resort today and sad to go! We visited 6 days as a part of a wedding party. This was our first time staying in Cancun and was pleasantly surprised. The beach alone is amazing!
The resort as a whole is nice, however starting to look a little 'dated'. Overall nice and clean looking. The elevators were a pain a few of the days that the resort was full. It would have been nice to have stairs as an option.
Our room was up on the 9th floor overlooking the lagoon. Having read room tips, I requested the higher floor. The only disappointment I would say about rooms, was that having been a part of the wedding group, we had requested a room upgrade (was very willing to pay), however they would not allow it - It made no sense to me. In the end, I'm glad we didnt having read someone's review previously about the upgrade fee. We had great views from the 9th floor and even had an amazing sunset one night.
The staff was amazing and seemed to genuinely care about you and that you were enjoying yourself. We spent time at all the different areas at the resort and saw all staff treating everyone fantastic and always coming around with drinks.
The food was good in my opinion. Everyone in the group agreed it was good food. It's almost to be expected that it won't be highly seasoned. Having had stayed at various other all-inclusives, this resort had the best food by far compared to those others. I enjoyed the italian restaurant the best.
I would definitely recommend this resort and will be returning again; next time with our kids!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the elevators. Lagoon view on higher level floors is great if you don...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kjoli:
Thank you very much for your nice comments and review about the Beach Palace, I am very happy that you hada a great stay during the wedding trip you were attending.
I hope I can see you back in a near future, accompanied with your kids, I am sure they will love it as well!!!

Canoga Park, California, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We just returned from a week stay at the Beach Palace in July. The trip included myself, my husband and my two girls (ages 15 & 23). First I have to say we had a wonderful time and the resort is small but clean and gorgeous! The staff was exceptionally friendly and made every effort to go out of their way to make our vacation comfortable and pleasant.

I personally want to thank a few staffs that made our trip memorable:

Amelia who charmingly helped us with our booking tours.
Andrei and Florentina who gave me and my daughter the best massage ever
Francisco who kindly kept bringing us drinks and foods on the sky bar pool
Rafael – the finest waiter at the Wok
Victor, Roger and Gabriella at the Tequila
AND so many more that we can’t remember all the names.

Food: We found the food at the Bocelli Italian Restaurant was the best and all other restaurants: the Tequila buffets, the La Terraza Steak House, and the Wok Asian were decent. We made a visit to Moon Palace one night and found the Momo Asian in the Sunrise lobby was also excellent. However, we had to wait for about 3 hours to be seated so we went browsing around the resort and found the food at the Barracuda Steak House was extremely good. Their rib eye steak here was so extraordinary.

Resort Credits: We booked 2 rooms so we had $3000 in resort credits. We only used some of our credits to book for 3 massages $450, hair braid $75, and 3 excursions to visit Coba, Tulum and the Valladolid Cenote. The tour cost was average from $80 to $110 per person. Keep in mind there was a 16% sales tax you must pay for whatever amount you used (last year was only 11%). Most of these tours required walking shoes, comfortable clothes and hat / umbrella. Bring bug spray to void biting from mosquitos. You can wear your bathing suit underneath since some of the areas allowed swimming.

Other Amenities: The two pools on rooftop sky bar are often less crowded than the pool on the beach. The view up here is amazing. The room service was quick and decent. My kids ordered room service practically every night since they stayed up late. The room itself was nice with big jacuzzi tub (never used it since it took a while to fill up). It had big size lanai- balcony with a giant padded lounger and chairs. We stayed on the lower floors so we watched the nightly entertainment from our balcony which was pretty cool. FREE Wi-Fi throughout the resort and FREE unlimited phone calls made back to US from your room which is a BIG plus (dial 9001+the area code+the number). The beach at this resort is BEAUTIFUL but the waves were rough surprisingly. My daughter and several other people lost their sunglasses due to this incident so be cautious.

Gratuities: We had over $300 in small and big bills for tipping those who went above and beyond and believe me…ALL the people DESERVED tips although they did not expect them. They worked so hard and always had a big smile on their faces.

Things need to be improved: Check in was way too SLOW and the front desk person never explained how to turn on lights in the room. Had to grab a walk-by couple to help out and found out we had to stick the room card in the slot by the front door to active all the lights in the room. Beach / pool lounge chairs need to be monitored. If no person used / returned in a few hours, the staff should remove the dirty wet towels so someone else can use the chairs.

Overall, I would DEFINITELY recommend the Beach Palace resort to my family and friends and to anyone looking for an all-inclusive in Cancun.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family!

Room Tip: Ocean room has the best view but ask for rooms from 2nd floor or higher. The 1st floor is located d...
2 Thank MochiLam
Dear MochiLam:
Thank You Very much for your incredible review and comments about the Beach Palace, it is great to see that you remember so well all the staff members that made your vacation an special one!!

I hope I can see you here in a near future!!

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you are feeling unsure about all inclusive like we were, go to the Beach Palace. The hotel is simply outstanding, but is bettered by the fantastic staff. Special mention to Yadira ( who looked after us on the beach every day) never met someone so happy who works so hard. Gabrielle cooked the best breakfasts we have had away from home and Elmer and Yanet treated us wonderfully in the sports lounge. This was our silver wedding anniversary and will never be forgotten thanks to the marvellous staff and superb surroundings at the Palace. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try and make sure you are on the second floor or above as we did. Lower than this and you may not ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R
Dear Chris R:
Just as your review title says:
Everything you want in an all inclusive!!! just perfect, and if we dont have it, we will try to get it:

Thank you very much for your great review!!