“a wonderful boutique-like hotel”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #16 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Montclair, NJ
“a wonderful boutique-like hotel”
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I stayed here with a group of adults and two tween children in February 2010. Despite the crazy weather (sometimes cold, sometimes rainy) we had a wonderful stay. The hotel is immaculate, and the rooms are large and plush. They say every room at the Beach Palace has a water view. My room was facing the laguna. It wasn't the Ocean, but it was still quite pretty and quiet. We obsessed quite a bit about which all inclusive hotel to stay in, and I think we made the right decision. While we were there, we checked out all the other Palace Resorts, and ate at some of them as well. If I had to do it again, I would stay here or at the Cancun Palace. The kids liked the Cancun palace because it was bigger and had a lot going in. But, I liked the Beach Palace because it was more quiet, and more like a boutique hotel than an over the top all inclusive. It is great for adults, particularly the roof top pool and bar. The Moon Palace seemed too big, and frankly a little bit tacky to me. Lots of people in Old Navy t-shirts, and run-down looking beach chairs (with seagull poop on them--yuck!). And, the Moon Palace truly had no beach. The beach at the Beach Palace was incredible (as was the beach at the Cancun Palace). Some of our friends tried out the Sun Palace, and thought that for younger and hipper adults, the Beach Palace was a better place to stay. I had never stayed at an all inclusive before, and I have to say the food was better than I expected. Cancun isn't Paris, so I didn't really expect to wowed by the gourmet food. The drinks were terrific. The coffee was great. I must have had a cappucino at every meal. And, I never went a day without their terrific coconut ice cream. We did a few of the included excursions, including the Zip Line and the Water Park. It was wonderful to have these trips included in the stay. We enjoyed the sushi bar and the Hibachi restaurant at the Cancun Palace. I thought that the service at this hotel was terrific. At every meal, and at the pool, the bartenders and the wait staff were friendly and courteous. I thought the food at the pool bar was the best--great sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, ceviche, and guacamole. Everyone is right when they say bring a lot of $1 for tipping. I ran out, out the front desk happily exchanged a couple of twenties for more $1 bills. On a final note, my daugher got an ear infection (swimmer's ear) while we were there. The hotel has a doctor on call. I called first thing in the AM, and he was there in 45 minutes. The visit cost (if I remember correctly) $65, and the Dr. brought the antibiotics with him. (They were an additional cost). So, within and hour and a half of my daughter waking up in pain, we had seen a doctor, and had medicine in our hand. Very convenient!

2 Thank NJlcsw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,767)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Oregon
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Our first all inclusive experience! The hotel, food, variety, service, EVERYTHING was great. Anytime we needed anything little thing the staff took care of it right away. We tipped even if it wasnt necessary, they were very good. It was nice to have the choice to dress for dinner or be casual and use the buffet. Did not do any of the hotel tours, if we had more time might try them - I didnt liked being asked to listen right when we arrived, but it is good to know what is included. We explored on our own and found it easy to get around by taxi, bus, ferry or walking. Great to visit the other Palace hotels on the nearby islands.....they treat you exceptionally well too. The hotel lets you know their upcoming events of the hotel. Glad we were on the lagoon side, it was beautiful at night, and I am not sure if there was too much noise from the big screen on the ocean side during shows. I loved the rooftop bar and view. Plan to return! Only woke up one night to loud people in the hall - too bad but it happens. The jacuzzi was fun as well, I liked it right in the room. The room was always wells stocked and the room service was fast and very good too. The size and arrangement of the room and deck area was perfect. The hotel was just the right size, you could get to anything easily.

• Stayed March 2010
DSM
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We had a wonderful trip. All of the staff were friendly, especially enjoyed the bartender, Fernando and all the the waitresses. The food was excellent. The drinks were great. It was a great trip and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We had stayed at the Moon Palace 2 years ago and had a great time there, also.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank nerdDsm
jefferson city Tennessee
Reviewed 9 March 2010

If you are going to Cancun, stay at the Beach Palace. The location is great, the staff is wonderful! They really make you feel like royalty. The rooms are beautiful, not a bad view from anywhere. The pool side is amazing! The beach is amazing. This is definitely a place I will come back to and reccommend. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite place on earth!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Lex H
NEBRASKA
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We have stayed at many other hotels in Cancun, but the Beach Palace has been the best yet. It is a smaller hotel so the staff gives you more personalized service then a larger hotel. The food was the best we'd ever had in Mexico and there was plenty of variety. The waiters in each restaurant were top notch, always there to assit you. The sky bar was also exceptional. The staff was awesome and new all of us by name. They were entertaining and a lot of fun. The rooms were extremely nice and very comfortable. The beds were very soft and relaxing. The room was alway clean with no trace of sand that we left behind each day. We had an end room on the lagoon side so our patio wrapped around the side of the building. We got to see the lagoon, all of downtown, and the ocean. it was an awesome view. The new beach was awesome too. The waitress came to the beach to bring us drinks and food all day. They also did by the pool as well. I will be back to stay again, it was our best trip ever.

Durham, NC
Reviewed 2 March 2010

This was our first trip since our 5 year old was born and it couldn't have been better. The food,drinks, service,pools all were great. We were worried about the beaches but there is nothing to worry about, they are beautiful and big (conch shells to find easily). The hotel was fabulous, had just been remodeled in '05. Extremely clean and great rooms. I honestly could not find one thing to complain about. Well within walking distance to 3 malls. The food was great and staff ready to help with any thing you need. The rooms were clean, large and fridge was kept stocked anytime you needed something. Room service is great and they will bring you anything, anytime. Best time we have had since we were married (10+ years)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 2 March 2010

This place is the best. Not too big or overcrowded. All of the staff were very friendly and you were never left wanting for anything. Food was excellent. Ate at the asian restaurant every night and Gabino took good care of us. So did Fidel in the sports bar. Drank alot of Don Julio tequila. The beach was incredible. After seeing a lot of other resorts I would not go anywhere else because it would be very hard to live up to what I experienced at the Beach Palace. The hotel design leaves everyone with an incredible view no matter which room you get. Started out on the lagoon side and moved to ecean side after a couple of days. Can't say enough about this place and I will definately be going back again.