“GREATEST EXPERIENCE!”

Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff was amazing! Very helpful throughout our entire stay! Wish we were staying longer... The hotel had a weekly schedule for entertainment for guests to participate which was cool. I remember reading one day there was a foam party and another day was a DJ party or something... We weren't able to do most of it because we were doing the excursions/tours which took up the entire day. If you're into outdoor activities, I recommend doing Xplor and Xel-Ha activities.

One pitfall was that our first room had little ants/bugs... but then we were able to switch out into another room.

Room Tip: get the ocean view for sure!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew L
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Andrew L

What a cool review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your holydays at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Also happy to hear that you had an excellent stay despite any inconvenience, looking forward to see you on your next visit, we are ready to roll out the red carpet for our appreciated rock stars!

Hang with the band!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went for our honeymoon last week - (Last week May / first week June - Starts of rainy season!) Hotel is immaculate! The staff are constantly cleaning and maintaining the hotel and its appearance. The Mexican people are the friendliest, kindest, politest people we have come across, we will miss them. The rooms are spacious, great air con, huge comfy beds and a great jacuzzi twin tub. The entertainment staff keep you entertained and amused in all weathers! Food was great in every restaurant, couldn't fault it!
We did 2 day trips - Xel Ha through the Virgin rep and Chichen Itza through the hotel resort credit then had a relaxing couples massage in the Hard Rock spa using the resort credit. All highly recommended! We were so impressed with the hotel and the people we encountered on our honeymoon trip that we have already start looking into bringing our kids back next time, the hotel had a fab looking kids club and a great spot on the beach, ideal hotel for families too.
One thing we noticed is that there is no clocks around, only bedside alarm clocks - maybe they could invest in a clock for each bar/restaurant area... would be handy.
*TIP - for 1 weeks stay bring approx $50 in singles to tip the staff, they more than deserve it and certainly earn it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
3  Thank Sarah E

Dear Sarah E

All we need is love! You are given us as much, and is a pleasure to read your comments, we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your holidays at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. As a part of the Rocker experience we pronounce you an official rock star from now on, looking forward to see you on your next visit, we are ready to roll out the red carpet for our appreciated rock stars!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good hotel in a beautiful location right on the beach. We had a family room and it's was great, lovely view from the balcony and the regularly stocked all-inclusive mini bar was a welcome addition.

Restaurants really good with extremely friendly & efficient service apart from the Italian restaurant where we had the displeasure of being 'served' by the worst waiter I have ever come across (Rafa), he needs to change careers!!

Overall the hotel was good fun and loud which we expected, if want a peaceful relaxing time, this isn't the place for you. We had a great time though and the kids (6 & 9) thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Phil N

Appreciated Phil N

I am pleased to read your comments, we all at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun enjoy guests as you who love and live the rock 'n roll experience in all its magnitude, once again thank you for taking the time to share with us your impressions of your visit, sincerely I invite you to return on a future holiday

Rock n’ Roll will never die!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just an ok experience. Nothing special about this resort other than the staff is incredible! Its quite small! Food is just ok at the very best! The hot tubs outside were never on when the forecast was overcast and even with rain, or in the evenings. For a Hard Rock, the music could have been way better! We could have been to a lot of other better places for the money that we spent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello John H,

I would like to thank you for bringing your observations and dissatisfaction to my attention. I am personally concerned to see that we have fallen short to your expectations, this said; on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, I extend my most sincere apologies and a cordial invitation to give us the opportunity to change your perception of our resort. I assure you that I am constantly monitoring the comments of our guests and will have a specialist contact you via a private message to address the observations you have expressed.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First of all, my review is totally biased towards my preference. We have stayed at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya (Aventura Spa) the past 2 years and absolutely loved it there. We decided to try Cancun this year because we thought the construction at HRM may not be completed. HRC is a totally different atmosphere. It does not have that "resort" feel that we prefer. It was really just a crowded hotel on a beautiful beach.

The good: the beach is pristine and beautiful. Restaurant food was good for the most part. Had a massage that was "hands-down" the best one I have ever had. I really wish I could remember her name, but she was awesome. Room was always nice and cleaned well. Breakfast buffet was great. The pizza oven was my favorite, along with the late afternoon taco bar. We only saw 2 shows which were great. Others in our group saw more and loved them.

The Bad: If you want a King size bed with Ocean View, the chances of getting it are slim to NONE. Everything is always crowded. Difficult to get a table at restaurants without long wait. Pool was often over-crowded, which led to poor chair service, "not-a chance" bar service, and lots a luck finding a chair. I would say that about 75% of the guests would put a hold on a chair and only use it about 10% of the time. I sat on the end of a chair that had not been occupied for over 2 hours and within 30 seconds of my butt hitting the chair, she magically appeared to tell me that I was sitting in her friend's chair. Do not do the Isla Mujeres tour from the hotel....go on your own. They tell you that you can rent a golf cart all day, but in truth, were only allowed to have it for an hour and a half (at $30). They steer you where they want you to go and give you no options to do as you please. The bar situation is terrible when crowded (usually from 5-8) and then again after 10pm. And yes, people actually bring their children into the bar, let them run around, play on the pool tables and make people uncomfortable.

That being said: none of these things ruined our vacation or kept us from having a good time. It's just not our type of resort, so we will not be returning. Headed to Punta Cana in October for the first time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wvgolfchic1

Dear wvgolfchic1,

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I am very concerned about your satisfaction and we continue working hard to meet our high standards in quality and reach with the rock star service that sets us apart.

I would like to have the opportunity to change your perspective about our resort, this said, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay and I would also like to cordially invite you to come back soon as we would give you the rock star treatment you are accustomed to.

I will have a specialist contact you via private message to address your concerns and we look forward to welcome you again and turn you in our raving fan.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have to say our first day was terrible. I thought I am going to leave there giving them 1 star review. Our room was mixed up and it took one full day and 3 switches to get the right room.

BUT, the rest of the time was so good that I am giving them a 5 start review. Guillermo, the front desk manager came to us personally to make sure we were happy with the room. He made us forget the unpleasant time we had the 1st day. Everyone else that works there are so friendly, eager to help quickly with a beautiful smile. The drinks are top shelf, the food was alright. All-in-all we had a great time! We will be back! Thanks Guillermo!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Appreciated Karo K

First of all thank you for your “EXELLENT” review, I ‘m thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your holydays at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Also happy to hear that you had an excellent stay despite any inconvenience, looking forward to see you on your next visit, we are ready to roll out the red carpet for our appreciated rock stars!

Indulge your inner rocker!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

this was our first time at this resort. the all-inclusive was great and the food some of the best that I have has for an all inclusive
the activity selection was good and it was very fun
the only problem is the noise level in the middle of the night

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Dear beachdoc87

Thank you so much for your short and sweet review, I ‘m glad to hear how much you enjoyed your holydays at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. No doubt there is always something going on as the fun is non-stop at our resort. Also happy to hear that you had an excellent stay despite any inconvenience, looking forward to see you on your next visit, we are ready to roll out the red carpet for our appreciated rock stars!

Hang with the band!