“Amazing”

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We spent four days and we have a wonderful time. The staff, food, restaurant were great and we are planning on going back. Love that it is family oriented and everyone (adults and Kids) can Rock Hard!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Greetings!!

Thank you very much for to share your comments and thank you too for give us the highest rating, we are very pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed all ages Rocker fun environment and we cannot wait to greet you back to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,503)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at large resorts before..the amount of time it takes to get from your room to the lobby may take some time (or even a golf cart). Here at the Hard Rock Cancun, the pool, the restaurants, the ocean are not very far from your room. All inclusive is the way to go!

Room Tip: Rooms??? Wow, get one on the ocean side on the third floor. Once you get there...you will know what...
Greetings Scott B,

Thank you very much for your great review, It is very nice to hear that there were many little things you liked about our facilities and the close proximity of everywhere that made your vacation enjoyable. I appreciate your comments. Can’t wait to welcome you and your family again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our first time visiting Cancun and we fell in love with the area. Everyone was great and super helpful. The room was cleaned daily at least 3 times a day. There was always something to do on the Resort. They keep everyones needs in mind from the little ones to the elderly to the young who are looking to have a blast. The resorts all have their own unique menus and have delicious food. IF you don't see something on the menu don't hesitate to ask the staff will do all in their power to get you what you need. If you go to Palema restaurant look for the cook Valdemar, he is great. He is attentive will cook you some delicious shrimp at your table, and even cook up something special that is not on the menu. More than that he is very kind, and aims to make this a memorable experience. If you go to Zen try to sit in Alberto's table he was great. We got a chance to each there a few times. The entire staff is remarkable but Alberto really went over and beyond. The staff that entertains is also remarkable. You will definitely have fun with Edgar and his crew. They will make you feel welcome and find something entertaining for you to do. You can watch the nightly shows his MC's at the theatre or poolside. My family enjoyed every min on this resort and in large part it was because everyone was wonderful. Don't forget to tip =) these workers get paid minimum wage and they deserve so much more because of how wonderful and welcoming they are.

Room Tip: oceanview is a must!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Raquel B,

What a trilling review! Thank you very much to wrote on detail your family vaction experience at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, I can assure you that people who is reading it, will find it as useful as fun i found it, thank you as well for all your positive quotes about our staff, they are the heart and soul of the resort. We are ready to roll out the red carpet to greet you back, our cherished Rockstars!

Kind Regards.

Cancun
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent place, service was spectacular Michael and Luis were the best bartenders and Claudia was an excellent waitress. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to have a good time but still wants to be able to relax.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Greetings Matthew B,

Thank you very much for your short and sweet review, Is my pleasure to read your kind comments about our staff, thank you as well for recommending us, we enjoy to provide you with the Rockstar style vacation, I'm truly sorry if some of our Dear Rockers went a little bit too loud, We are constantly monitoring and working hard to keep an enjoyable environment. Looking forward to welcome you back to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Kind Regards!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

From the minute we stepped out of our airport transportation to the time we waved goodbye - the Hard Rock team impressed and made our trip ever so special...

My family and I attended the HRH Cancun from 8/2-8/9 in celebration of 3 very special occasions - my daughter's 17th Birthday, my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary and my mother-in-law's 70th birthday. After a little dialogue with the management team about these important events, they "wowed" us every day delivering a "rockin" vacation. They made my daughter's day extra special by decorating our room and setting up a special table for dinner with decorations, balloons, champagne and a special birthday cake!!!! They made my mother-in-law's day equally as special. Now for what blew me away... For my in-law's 50th anniversary, the HRH team arranged an amazing family dinner on the beach. This included a fabulous dinner, champagne, cake and sand decorations wishing them well. Here was the kicker- they knew my father-in-law had some difficulty getting around using a scooter/ walker and could never make it down to the beach on his own - no problem!!! They sat him in a chair at pool level and had 5 guys carry him down to the beach all the way to the dinner table. And when we were done with dinner, they magically reappeared to carry him back up. Unbelievable!!! Words cannot describe how "extra special" they made our vacation as a result of the above!!!

Now let me tell you about the rest of our vacation. I had been to this property before- both as Cancun Palace and also during the week they converted to the Hard Rock. It was always great but this trip was our best ever!! What a great hotel and fun vacation!! The property is great with a fabulous pool area and beach. Rooms are beautiful with both ocean and lagoon views. All have jacuzzis!!! Food options were abundant: International, Italian, Brazilian, Oriental with Hibachi, Mexican, wood-fired pizza at the pool as well as 3 other grills set up by the pool bars and pool patio. They also offer "included" room service. You will never go hungry. I would suggest that you get to the specialty restaurants early to secure your table. As far as drink options, you will never need to look far to find a bar - from early in the AM to late into the evening. After all of that eating/drinking you can make your way to their gym and basketball/tennis courts. My wife and I used the gym and were motivated during our workout with great music playing. Also, the staff was diligent about cleaning, providing towels, fruit infused water and even had a bowl of fresh fruit at the front door each morning. We also took advantage of the Rock Spa and the massages were great!!! My kids played basketball and had a lot of fun. Speaking of fun... Every day at the pool had something else going on with the Entertainment staff leading the way. From beach volleyball to other poolside games, foam parties (yes, bubbles in the pool) rolling “ Crazy Ball” balloon, card games, guessing games and live music during "Battle of the Bands". When there was not live music, they always had great music played by their DJ at the pool - what a blast!!!! There is also a quieter side of the pool if you choose not to partake in the above. Every night also brings new entertainment from music and dancing shows to a Mexican fiesta - there was always something to keep busy. My kids also loved playing billiards in the main lobby, which was definitely the area to congregate and have a nightcap later in the evening.

What brought this altogether was the outstanding service provided throughout the resort. Everywhere you turned, there were staff members who would do anything you asked. In fact, by the end of our stay, they were already anticipating our needs- how cool is that? Some notable accolades for us go to:

• Juan, Fred, Catarina and their entire leadership team for looking after us and taking care of the really "special" things. You helped us make memories!!!

• Jamie (Dive Bar) and Michael (multiple bars) who were just fabulous bartenders. Service with a smile and could not do enough for us each day!! We introduced Jaime to our kids early on and he treated them extra special every day. I have never come across a bartender who worked so hard with such a great attitude.

• Miriam (cook at Dive Bar) who took our crazy special sandwich requests each day and executed flawlessly.

• Caroline (pool waitress) who greeted us the minute we sat down in the AM every day and asked if we would like a drink and always had bottles of cold water in her apron to anticipate our needs.

• Lonc who manages the buffet and always made sure our table of 10 had what we needed at breakfast. He also helped with my daughter's birthday dinner celebration.

• Entertainment Staff - Alex, Dany Boy and the entire team for making each day at the pool a blast. They know how to have fun and keep everyone engaged.

• Everyone else who’s name that I did not catch – what I’m saying is that excellent service and putting guests first is clearly part of the HRH Cancun culture. Every staff members goes above and beyond to please…

We are looking forward to our next stay sometime soon!!

Some quick tips to help with your planning:

• Decide what restaurants you would like to dine in early, so you can plan to get your name on the lists and minimize your wait time.
• Reserve your Spa appointments on-line prior to your stay.
• Secure your pools chairs early if you are a large party and want to sit together.
• You must go to the beach – one of the best beaches ever!
• Consider using your points to have dinner on the beach – it was a beautiful experience.
• Bring some small currency to use as tips. The staff deserve it, it goes a long way and is very meaningful to them.
• Relax and enjoy yourself. Every day in paradise is better than a day back at the office!!!

6 Thank Michael N
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Greetings Michael N,

All I can say is Wow! what a great review, congratulations to your Daughter, Mother in law and In law's anniversary, is an honor for me to hear all your kind comments about our staff members and how they pampered you all in every special occasion, We are ready to roll out the red carpet to greet you back here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Keep the good times rolling!

Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a wonderful honeymoon at the Hard Rock Hotel in Cancun. We received several special meals and desserts simply because we were on our honeymoon. One of the best things about our trip was the wonderful service! Everyone is so friendly and eager to help. One of the concierges, Adela, went out of her way to help us. She gave us coupons, made dinner reservations for us, and she always remembered our names! If you have any questions during your stay, we highly recommend asking her for help. We also received wonderful service on the beach from Leonardo! We had our haircut by Esmeralda and Yolanda, and we were very happy with the results! Definitely had a wonderful week!

Room Tip: We chose an ocean view room, and we loved our view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJ O
Dear TJ O,

Thank you very much for your review, and thank you to share with us such a special celebrations as your Honeymoon! Great that you enjoyed out Rockstar treatment, is also great to read our staff's names who rock your vacation, I sincerely hope to have you return to celebrate future Rockstar anniversaries here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Keep on rocking!

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have to step out of my normal routine to give incredible comments for the food, the romos the staff of everyone at the Hard Rock Cancun. I absolutely had an amazing experience with my family. The kids club was fantastic, they view of the ocean is just outstanding. I saw that Marc Anthony stayed there as other famous people, where can you see that???

For the food I highly recommend the Zen restaurant is just an amazing show by the chef or just unlimited sushi makes my day.

Also I cant ommit the LEGENDARY CLUB, which moved us into an ocean view room and gave us an amazing deal which a family member is already using. They are people that do what they say. The person that gaces us the tour was just too kind with my baby and my whole family. I hope to see them next year and keep trying all their hotels =)

Room Tip: They have lobster dinners for the legendary members on Tuesdays.... hahaha if you are a member ;) if...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bam B
Greetings Bam B,

Thank you for reviewed us and for your kind comments, is invaluable to read how you and your beautiful family had a blast at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, is thrilling to know that we earn your preference thru the Legendary Club and so happy to hear tha you're coming back for more of Rockstar style vacations.

Keep the Hard Rock memories!