“Great staff and impeccable service”

Ranked #9 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Cancun
“Great staff and impeccable service”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great hotel. Staff is wonderful, they really cater to guests. The only complaint I have is the noise in the hall at night. The poor design allows you to hear everything in the halls at night. Very noisy. Guest room doors constantly slamming due to poor design. Unable to get a restful night's sleep which is essential when vacationing.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

4 Thank Nayda F
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Nadya F,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our resort Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
I appreciate your comments because for us it is really important to hear all the voices in order to improve and get a better experience for our guests. I would like to extend you a cordial invitation to visit us again soon. The band will be waiting for you.
Kind Regards.
LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,536)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great food, beautiful rooms and gorgeous beach! Would not recommend it for families if seeking to get some rest. Free alcohol inevitably leads to raucous guests who quickly become your worst enemies at 2,4 or 6 in the am when they return from their night out. They could use a larger pool area and a family pool.
Wish they cared more about my comfort and less about selling me a vacation club membership. Resort credits are a sham- everything is overinflated to begin with and the 'service' fee is the real cost of what you are getting!

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

2 Thank James P
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Appreciated James P,

Thank you for your review, we strive to provide our Dear Rockers with the Rockstar experience, I am sorry to hear that was not the case for you, as a part of our customer appreciation program, we would love to hear how we can change your perception about our resort, You can contribute to help us to serve you better, feedback is a very valuable jewel for us in Hotel Industry, so please if you have anything else to share, do not hesitate, a customer care agent will contact you via private message.

Kind Regards.

Acushnet
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had a great expierence at the Hard Rock. I do want to warn all travelers that are booking that if you have stayed at other hotels such as Iberostar or Riu, those are great. It's not that I disagree with other reviewers, I actually have a lot of things I loved about the hotel.
First I'll start with cons get it out of the way.
Cons: #1 was the food, i'm sorry but it really wasn't good. I've never been to an all inclusive and there was a wait for the buffet before, im not sure if others have either. All meat was bloody rare and nothing had flavor. Again, i'm sorry lol. Best part was the brick oven pizza which I ate all week. #2 wasn't a big deal but i had the worst room, it was facing the amphitheater(side front of hotel), which was right near the dumpsters... huge dumpsters. Do not go to Panema restaurant!!
#3 is also not a huge deal, but I've been to other resorts where the night club is 18 plus only. There were so many kids and young teens that were trying to drink by the way lol at the "night club" that was just a restaurant transformed. It didn't feel like a nightclub because of that. #4 that a lot of people write is just the noise level in your rooms, from 12-3 in the hallway its SO loud

Pros: #1 is the staff, everyone so great!! and anyone who's maybe over 18 and going with parents and trying to go have fun on their own and need people their own age, meet the entertainment staff!! they're amazing and involve you with so many activities, ask for Luis, he's such a sweetheart and one of my favorites. they're everywhere all day long. #2 is the shows, the shows were really good and not mediocre/cheesy shows i've seen at other places, best show is the Michael Jackson show and Urban show. #3 is that this place is party central!! perfect for a group of friends, bachelor parties, etc. The craziest pool party took place here with a famous DJ, and I have no words but insane. It was great for people my age, and everyone had a great time.
#4 GREAT WIFI!!! Service everywhere minus a few places a little bit, but even on the beach you have wifi, it was great. #5 and most important, the beach and pool were perfect, no complaints (maybe the pool a little too warm?) there was plenty of room at both and really nice and clean. And drinks were good too, TIP TIP TIP and you will have a good drink!! and get service fast haha

Don't let this discourage you! it really is great just needs a few things fixed!!

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alourenco21
Appreciated alourenco21,

Thank you very much for your review, is thrilling to know that you and your friends had a great time despite any inconvenience, by receiving feedback from our guest is how we manage to get better, I will review your concerns with our F&B manager, I truly appreciate you shared your opinion. I am concerned about your dissatisfaction and would love to hear more from you, a customer care agent will contact you via private message.
Thanks again for your comments and we hope welcome you back to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Rothesay, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We've stayed at alot resorts, but Front staff such as "Dinky", "Johnny" & Caroline made our trip so EXCEPTIONAL! From time we arrived until departed - they treated us with SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SRVC!! All staff, made our Son's/Daughter-in Laws wedding EXCEPTIONAL. Resort has great vibe, lots to see/do. Always asking if could get you something. Food Exceptional! Awesome positive experience for all 22 guests in our party. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: Room Credits not a bargain - hardly could use them - limited use Westside oceanview rooms spectacul...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hi Karen M,

Greetings from your friend in Cancun, Mexico! Thank you for the rockin’ review. We are thrilled that you had an amazing vacation, a wonderfull time at the wedding and experienced a true rockstar service from our entertainment staff, they will be very happy to hear that you thought their service rocked. We would love to roll out the red carpet for you again soon.

ALL IS ONE!
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Please if you are going to read my review read the entire thing so you fully understand our trip. First off I went with my friend and his family. My friend and I are both 19. During the check in there was a problem with our room. We received the wrong view/room. So we took it as it was and they said they will have our real rooms ready on Wednesday (checking in on Sunday). We agreed. The problem was quickly solved within a day or 2 as my friend and I were too lazy to switch rooms so just his family did. Now a manager named Fred, this guy worker so closely with us all to make our stay absolutely amazing. They were able to us the room we asked for and then some. Fred was always there for us with whatever we needed. He even went as far as enjoying dinner with us at their amazing Italian restaurant as we discussed the hotel. They really care about what you think of the hotel and are always looking for ways to improve. On with my review, this hotel is the CLEANEST resort I have ever seen. Wear a white shirt and have somebody drag you across the lobby, the restaurant or the rooms! That shirt would still be white! Location: walking distance to aqua world, beach is fantastic and it's all inclusive so you don't need much more then that! Oh and you can take a bus down town takes not even 10 min. Now the food! Food was excellent. We stayed 10 nights, and there is I believe 5 restaurants. All of them were delicious. The Brazilian restaurant was my favorite, go there hungry! The pool was fun, 2 swim up bars. One side with a dj/pool games and one side more for relaxing. They have a waterfall towards the center of the pool which believe it or not blocks a lot of sound from that end of the pool. The bars were pretty good, I'm not a fan of the beer but I drank Long Island iced teas almost all day everyday a tequila shots all day everyday haha. Tequila was pretty good. All the ice is filtered and brought in bags. All water is bottled. And the bartenders were pretty good too. Very busy but good. Tips go a long way at the bars. Yes I know it's "all inclusive." But those guys work really really hard and you will notice that. They all want you do have a good time and will go out of there way to do so. Now the nightlife: there is a show every night in their theater that's a big separate outdoor amphitheater looking type of thing. The shows were pretty cool but my friend and I would rather drink at the bar and hang out, also because there was a dj party every night in the vip checkin lobby. The staff did I good job of getting some young people down there. Some nights were better than others. If you really want to party hard you have to go to coco bongo or senior frogs. That stuff gets pretty expensive though. If I can offer you advice abt senior frogs... Don't go to their foam party. We went it was $60 the foam was overpowering, way over our heads, couldn't breathe in it, and your soaking we the whole time, which dancing in wet cloths... Can irritate skin in bad places. Cocobongo was amazing, it's a show then a party then a show then a party all throughout the night. I'm not big on shows but that was pretty sweet! Place was incredible. I forgot his name but a cocobongo rep will walk around the pool during the day promoting, go with them, they get you a ride there and try to take good care of you getting a good spot and everything. VIP costs $140 but may we worth it if you want to be able to sit down and have some room. Regular open bar is tight with standing room only. So with out bumpy road at the first few days of our trip, the Hard Rock staff made it their mission to make our stay perfect. We can't thank our new friend Fred enough for all his help. He really went the extra 10 miles for us. I just could not believe it. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family. 5 stars * * * * * Hope this review helps you all into having the vacation of your dreams. Ps. 7days is too short. Do 10!

-Jimmy

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jobrien1158
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Greetings Jobrien1158

Wow! I loved your thrilling review! Thank you very much for all your positives quotes about our staff and services, is very noteworthy how you have described all those little details of your vacation experience at Hard Rock Hotel cancun, I sincerely appreciate that you recommend our resort. We are ready to welcome you back for one more Rockstar vacation!

Rock On!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for 6 days and I must say we were not disappointed at all. From the start of our stay to the end the service we received was fantastic. The check in process was quick. We were even upgrade which was a pleasant surprise. Our room was 1162 which faced the beach and pool. The view was incredible. The hotel and all the areas like pool, lobby, bars, hallways, restaurants and etc.were so clean and workers always around cleaning.

The food was wonderful and the best part was no reservation for any of the restaurants. They have a beeper type system. so you can leave to walk around or hang out by the bar till it goes off then you go right in. Again. I must stress the food and the service from the waiters and bartenders was wonderful.

We had a small problem with the person who cleaned our room during the daytime. One day she missed cleaning our room but to the rescue was Carmen she did the turn down service for us every night and that day she just cleaned the entire room for us. I can not express enough thanks. Carmen was wonderful during our entire stay. She was pleasant and we enjoyed talking to her.

Another plus to the vacation was the resort credits. We used ours for spa services and Liz and Yolanda were fabulous.

One downside is the whole vacation/timeshare club team are way to persistent. We were told 90 mins only and that once we said no it would be over. Well.. it was more like 2.5 hours and after we said no, we were handed over to someone else who tried to convince us and then we stressed no again and were handed off to a 3rd person who tried to convince us to some other type of vacation package. But in the end we did receive our promised 2 tickets to Isla de Mujers and 2 tickets to the jungle tour.

Overall it was a great vacation and I would recommend Hard Rock Cancun to everyone. Yes its pricey but its worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cynthiao715
Dear Cynthia O,

Wow! I loved your Sweet review, Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us. Nothing rocks our world more than hearing that you enjoyed every moment of your vacation. It is reassuring to hear that the staff member, Carmen did an awesome job, we appreciate the great comments about her, we will let her know she rocked your world! The staff is the heart and soul of our resort and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds!
We hope you come back soon to hang out with the band, here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Prior to departure we found out that our reservation had accidentally been cancelled. However, all was well shortly after as the staff went out of their way to ensure that our reservation was reinstated and that we had an absolutely wonderful time. The hotel, grounds and pool are beautiful, the beach incredible, and the food was great (and believe me we tried it all). All the staff we encountered were wonderful. I definitely have to give a special shout out to the staff members that made our vacation so awesome. First and foremost was Juan Rivera, the General Manager, for making sure our reservation was reinstated and who went above and beyond to make sure our stay was first rate. Secondly, Guillermo Gonzalez and Pamela Hernandez for meeting us upon arrival to assure us that everything was taken care of and assisting us with a speedy check-in and getting settled quickly. They also checked in with us constantly during our stay to see if there was anything we needed. Thirdly was our bellman, Daniel Lagunes, whom we adored and became very fond of while there. He is such a delightful soul and most accommodating. Last, but not definitely not least, is our concierge, Christian Campos Velazquez, whom I can't say enough about. We did not lift a finger while in his care. He made all our meal and show reservations, made sure we had pool chairs an cabanas every day and constantly did things that were not asked of him just to ensure we were having fun and definitely made our trip most memorable. He is the perfect person for his position as he always has a smile on his face, a warm and endearing personality, and is just a truly wonderful person. I wanted to bring him home with us . . . much to the dismay of his family and the Hard Rock. They definitely have a gem in Christian!! We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: The beach there is absolutely beautiful so I would definitely make sure I had an ocean view room.
2 Thank Sher F
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Sher F,

Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us. It was my pleasure to be helpful for you. Now you know how it feels to be a rockstar for the day! It is reassuring to hear that the staff did an awesome job as they are the heart and soul of our resort and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds!

We sincerely hope you come back soon to hang out with the band, here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.