I have to start with the fact that we are members, so we had the option to opt out of the all inclusive packages that they have. That being said, it has been 7 years since the last time we were down there. We were shocked that the resort was still in such great shape. They have done a great job on the upkeep, and the staff was remarkable. We always loved the added convenience of the full kitchen and the grocery store on site. The prices have come down, and are very comparable to what you pay at home. You could always jump the buses and go all the way to Walmart and save a few dollars if you really wanted to.
This resort sits on the perfect part of beach where it is still quiet and enjoyable , without the party scene...though you can certainly get to that party scene with a $10 cab ride. Beach is well manicured and clean. Easy to get a good spot as long as you get there before noon. The staff around the pool was always really quick to get another drink.
The front desk was friendly and extremely helpful, though we didn't need to use them very often. The rooms were clean and the beds are comfortable. In fact the only issue that we came across was the pool towel staff. Our towels were stolen by someone when we were in the pool. They suggested that we go steal someone else's in order to avoid room charges for the towel. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Neither could the other people in line. Everyone spoke up loud enough to force him to change his mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun