“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff and an amazing beach”

Hotel Casa Turquesa
Ranked #73 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff and an amazing beach”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is defintely the place to stay in Cancun if you're after a relaxing holiday. The staff were extremely friendly and happy to provide many recommendations of local attractions, bars, shopping and restaurants. We stayed in a luxurious ocean view room with the most beautiful view of sunsets and the beach. Ernesto, the pool bartender, made the best 'coc loco' cocktails and provided great insights into the local way of life and the Mayan culture. Everything you need is at the hotel including the Celebrtiy Restaurant which had delicious meals and there is a large shopping centre next door. Accessing the clubs is easy with a bus stop infornt of the hotel or you can take a taxi down the road. We had a fantastic stay and would definitely return to Casa Turquesa.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view room, it's extremely spacious and has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank KierstenVA
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your great review and we are very happy to read your comments and know that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun and please feel free to contact us directly if we can help you plan your return stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is in a good location, near la isla. The room we got was really large, with a huge bathroom, double sinks, and a nice shower.the room has very comfortable, which was nice with every thing..

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will choose to return to Casa Turquesa in the near future and if we can help you plan your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and it isn't just like sleeping in an art museum, it is an art museum that proudly showcases local artists as well as the owners personal treasures. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with small children. I know worrying about my kids bumping into statues is not my idea of fun. However, it's a nice quiet couples retreat. It is very quiet, we felt like we should tip toe, at times. So avoid if you want a little more excitement. The views, pool and beach area are gorgeous. I absolutely loved walking down those glamorous staircases to the pool and beach.

I think the hotel staff may be instructed to stay out of the guests way because they aren't very outgoing. However once we engaged one of the staffers by asking about the artwork, we got the most fantastic tour and history lesson. So don't be put off if they seem reserved, at first. I commented that the hotel felt more like someone's home and was told that it is the owners home when he isn't traveling. There's a lot of interesting information about him online, so check it out.

The accommodations were extra large and roomy, with more beautiful artwork. Gorgeous tile showers and tubs. A lovely dressing area and our room had a jacuzzi on the balcony with a relaxing ocean view...in other words, decadence.

The adjoining restaurant has the most attentive staff, live entertainment and really good food. The hotel is within walking distance of shops, restaurants and a very nice mall.

If you're looking for peace and quiet in luxurious, upscale, artistic surroundings then this is the place. I loved it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BOS2GA2010
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us and we are very happy to read your review and know that you had a great stay with us. Casa Turquesa prides itself on its personalized service and tranquilitiy – the ideal place for people looking to relax and unwind. Our staff are on hand without being obtrusive, to help our guests with any needs they may have and we are happy that you received great service. We hope that you will choose to return to Casa Turquesa on your next visit to Cancun and please feel free to contact us if we can help you with planning your return trip.
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location, right next to 2 bus stops and a taxi stand. The room we got was really large, with a huge bathroom, double sinks, and a nice shower. Our room had a really powerful air conditioner also, which was nice with the heat and humidity. The pool was nice too, it's warm and has a nice view of the ocean.

The staff at the hotel behind the desk were always really nice and helpful. Especially Dina really stood out, she was really nice and gave us great advice for where to go, and helped with any problems we ran into.

I would like to have given this hotel 5 stars, but a HUGE problem is that wifi internet costs $20 a day. Internet for us is very important, we booked several excursions in the room, and wanted to check times and things. Plus, it's nice to upload photos to family and check emails at night. They know you don't have an alternative so this is pretty much a scam against the residents. I also wish the swim up bar was open more hours, pretty much every night we got back at like 7pm from our day and jumped in the pool, and it was closed by then.

Beware the internet costs though, this would have been a deal breaker for me to stay at this hotel had I known ahead of time since internet access is so important for me while in the room.

1 Thank Colin D
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
With regards to internet costs, it is published that our hotel policy is to charge for wifi. It is simply not true that this is a scam – internet connection is available for those who wish to use the service and our charges are clearly stated (which are competitive against other hotels that charge for internet).
We are very pleased to read your comments regarding our staff and will pass on your review to them.
We hope that you will choose to return to Casa Turquesa again in the future and if we can help you with planning your next visit, please feel free to contact us.
Borger, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights. Hotel was very clean. Staff was also very courteous and helpful. Our junior suite had a beautiful view of the ocean.
The breakfast and lunch restaurant had a great view of the pool and ocean. Food was good and very reasonable. The dinner restaurant had a great view of the sunset. Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and helpful. Also has great beach access. Price was great compared to other hotels in area,

Room Tip: Room descriptions states what kind of view you have.
1 Thank msmfdean
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay, we very much value feedback from our guests. We are very happy to read your comments and that you appreciated the personalized service that we offer. We hope that you will choose to return to Casa Turquesa on your next visit to Cancun and if we can help you with planning your next stay please feel free to contact us.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Casa Turquesa. My stay only lasted 5 days and there is nothing I can complain about. Before booking I looked up reviews about this hotel and visited their site to see if I could find images of Casa Turquesa and essentially decide whether I would stay there or not. I was looking for a reasonable price but something of at least 4-stars. Casa Turquesa met the criteria. Across from the hotel there is shopping center with very good designer brands. As a matter of fact Casa Turquesa is located in the center of the "Zona Hotelera" in Cancun. It's between all of the other hotels and resorts. Casa Turquesa is very unique. Each room has a different theme, my room was called "Diamante," and I absolutely loved it. I had the chance to visit a relative at The Ritz resort and their room was very small and this is a 5-star resort (I believe), my room at Casa Turquesa was BIG. It had two beds, the TV was in an armoire. It had a glass top table with two chairs. A couch. Another table with a chair. As well as a night stand. The bathroom was the perfect bathroom. And well worth mentioning is the vanity found within the bathroom area. There is room for a woman to apply her makeup given we are provided with everything needed to sit and apply our beauty products. A closet and drawers are also provided with a safe that only has 1 key, if you lose it you pay $50 for a new one, the hotel does not have extras. Within the bathroom there is a tub, shower, and of course a toilet but are all separated and well lighted. The sinks are in the vanity area, there are two of them. There is also a big mirror which I loved, all in all there are plenty of mirrors which are very handy. In the balcony area the room had its jacuzzi, my room was located on the first floor with a view to the pool area and essentially the beach. Taking photos of the hotel was priceless, anywhere you aimed the camera there was something worth capturing. The people who work at Casa Turquesa are extremely nice, I cannot complain about them, the people I interacted with the most where Dina and Walter and they are very nice. I would usually arrive to the hotel, sit and chat with them; mainly with Dina. I recommend this hotel for those who are willing to go and venture the streets of Cancun and not simply enjoy the "all-included" of a resort. With that said I must mention that Casa Turquesa also has a spa, which I did not visit but prices were reasonable. All in all Casa Turquesa was well kept, not disorganized, not messy, it has it's own style and it's own thing. It is a very unique hotel with its own concept. There aren't many like this. My last day there I got to see the owner, who is very well known in Cancun and even dared to venture to the top floors of the hotel and took plenty of photos of every piece of art they had. I also visited their galleria and was told of a Cuban family who was going to show off their art work there the following week, which I missed :\ this was my first time in Cancun and Casa Turquesa was my favorite part. That and the beach, the hotel has it's own part of the beach and everything to enjoy a day in the sun. If I get to go back to Cancun I would think about staying there, although it is a bit far from the clubs but that's not a big deal. There are taxis ready to take you wherever you ask. And I know there are a million things I left out in regards to Casa Turquesa but overall Casa Turquesa is a beautiful hotel-galleria, well kept, with wonderfully services offered from employees. Everyone there greets you with a smile. Another thing I just remember is the AC, always working and keeps the room cool. You are also provided with a small fridge, located inside the TV armoire. I simply cannot think of something bad to say about Casa Turquesa, perhaps the little hill to get up to the hotel but this only sucks if you are having to walk up but I only mention this because I'm lazy ^.^ but this is not a problem so go ahead and book with Casa Turquesa!

• Stayed July 2014
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
What an amazing review – thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments, we appreciate it very much. We are obviously delighted that you have such great things to say about the hotel and that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed so many aspects of what Casa Turquesa offers. We hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Casa Turquesa in the future and please feel free to contact us directly if we can help you with planning your next visit.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

There are 2 types of hotels to stay in Cancun; the mega resorts or the delightful Casa Turquesa which exceeded all our expectations. This beautiful 4 star boutique art gallery hotel felt like we were staying in a family friend's very large villa. Our junior suite ocean view room located on the upper floors opened up on to a large balcony with the pool and the 'picture perfect' beach in front of us. The tranquility we felt soothed the soul. Missey went above and beyond to advice us and none of our requests were ever a problem. All the staff treated us as part of their family. Breakfast by the pool was delightful and food at the Celebrity restaurant was delicious as were their cocktails! Coming back to the peaceful and tasteful Casa Turquesa after a long day of touring was always a highlight. Would we come back.....definitely!

Room Tip: Upper floor junior suites have a great ocean view.
1 Thank Eclectic61
Thank you for your great review and we are very happy to read your comments. We are delighted that you experienced our expected level of personalized service and enjoyed dining in our restaurants. We hope to see you again soon and please contact us if we can help you with planning your return visit.