“Just ok”

Suites Brisas Beach Resort
Ranked #101 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Place is old, needs renovation, some managers are simply there when they need to collect money, laundry service is never on time and rude. Security is decent, pool bar Is goodDon't stay here. Stay down the road and have a greater experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
12  Thank Mac2105

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stay away from this mess. It’s a total waste of time and money. I think you can make or get a deal here but your health and safety should be more important. Rentals are cheap but very run down so its attracting some very bad people. I didn’t feel very safe here at all …tattoos and thugs. I got the stare down from one at the pool and was so scared I left .. no refund of course as the owner could care less. Lots of cockroaches and the door had a 2 inch gap so they were always crawling in and the pool was so filthy you couldn’t see the bottom.

Room Tip: none.... just avoid
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This place is a joke and so are the owners running it. I booked a trip in January for 8 nights 9 days. I checked in a week before my trip Mrs. Zlatko Delic asked if I would send him another deposit of 250 after I had already send him 250.00 in January. In the meantime if you look at the reviews of this place it's not to good.I didn't feel safe after the rental mafia review so I went to a different hotel. I sent Mrs. Delic a email saying I was not going to stay there and that my 10yr old and 8 yr old daughter didn't feel safe. She never responded so I put a claim in to paypal only for the second 250.00 I told her she could keep the first deposit for her troubles still no response. After a couple of weeks I put in a claim to paypal and was denied. So the long and the short of it is these places are trashed look like garbage your not safe and you get screwed out of 500.00 please use the money to fix the place up. AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
17  Thank Jake L
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We rented in building. E very run down, dirty, faces the ocean but has buildings in front so you have to stand up to see it. The windows were so dirty on the outside you couldn't see anything anyway . In the morning the thread bare sheers that pass as window coverings let in so much sun we couldn't sleep. I know its the tropics but there were cockroaches....a lot of them. The buildings are very old and in a sad state of repair. The appt. needs updating or at least maintenance!! The unit had a nice terrace but the AC units are there spewing hot air and rust and incredible noise. Couldn't last for more than a couple minutes . Were told it had a flat screen tv . Well it did ......nice 14 inch lol. Pool was dirty, buildings falling apart looks like it was nice once but now looks like a eastern european ghetto. Worst part it is now a hangout for some bad people there are about half a dozen units owned by a Cartel family from Columbia not a very nice place to be . They just hang around the halls and pool intimidating people ! Must be 30 of them ! Tattooed and very tough looking. When they stand in front of you at the pool you best jump up and give them the lounge chair! We spent as much time as possible away from brisas or stayed in our shabby depressing room, so happy to leave will NEVER come back. Oh its not a resort ! Nothing here !

Room Tip: No a resort all rooms poorly maintained
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Don A
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Not at all what was promised pictures of the rooms taken 20 years ago run down damp musty filthy ... dirty. Rented from a guy named john he seems to control what rooms you get all of them unacceptable ! AND a no refund policy so we couldnt stay in the filth and lost all or money. HE said well just sue me the laughed and laughed he runs some phony bbb mexico thing which you can search and see for yourself very fishy . Cancun is a beautiful place just avoid the brisas whatever you do ! Was an expensive lesson !

• Stayed: December 2012
12  Thank Roger T
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We spent 22 nights in Gerry and Mary's condo. We had a great time. The property is well maintained the beach and pool were always clean. Most of the staff were amazing. There is a small store there so you can pick up a few things. You can get food and drinks during the day around the pool or brought down to you at the beach if you don't feel like making your own. Our kids had a great time here and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank boomsnake
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We spent 10 days in Anna Shriftman's penthouse at Brisas Condominios (Unit 5204). We were quite pleased with our entire experience. Renting from Anna was very easy; she was very responsive throughout the entire process.
The terrace is very private and needless to say that the view of the Carribean is absolutely fantastic. Both bedrooms and the kitchen have everything to make your stay comfortable and cook your own food. The property is clean and there is a nice pool. We found Brisas to be very quiet and safe. We would definitely consider Anna’s penthouse for our next stay.
Tip for future guests. If the weather is windy don't be discouraged. As you get down to the beach go to its rightmost corner (20 minutes) near Club Med hotel. The sea is usually calmer there and there are no crowds.
Try Swedish massage at the hotel next door to the left.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family