“Paradise -- It is all you really need!”
Review of Bsea Cancun Plaza

Bsea Cancun Plaza
Ranked #37 of 131 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
Mentor
“Paradise -- It is all you really need!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I've stayed at a Riviera Maya all-inclusive every year for the last 11 years, and then my sister recommended Cancun Plaza. This is the CLOSEST that I have EVER been to the beach in the 11 years we have been coming down here. The views are fantastic! Each unit is individually owned, so you need to be sure to book with a reputable manager. I would recommend Carmen Bianca at www.condosurfers.com to book your room. There are other managers, but Carmen is bi-lingual and knows what standards Americans/Canadians/others are looking for. Also, if you have a choice of price-range, select the best one you can afford (it will still be a bargain!), but your accommodation will probably be more updated. "You get what you pay for" is the rule here. Individual owners have their own ideas of what is acceptable -- just as people do in their own homes.

You will have everything you need here....two convenience stores on property, a restaurant on site as well as plenty nearby, a small intimate hotel with ample pool chaises, an immaculately kept pool, an uncrowded beach, etc. Being right on a bus line allows you to quickly get up to the party zone for less than 80 cents USD or take a cab (also plentiful).

I thought I would miss all the drinks and food that an all-inclusive provides, but I didn't. We were easily able to purchase food and drink at the local Wal-Mart and did it ourselves or went out for meals (or used the on-site restaurant which was reasonably priced). Cooking some easy meals and preparing our own drinks did not diminish our experience, but rather ENHANCED it. Instead of wasting time waiting in lines for some 'mystery' food, we were able to make what WE wanted to eat WHEN we wanted to eat.

This was a totally relaxing vacation. Can't wait to go back this March!

Room Tip: Think about what is important to you....view, appliances, bed size, etc., and then tell Carmen what...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank mk25900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had booked (on a tight budget) here before I checked any reviews and was not encouraged by the reviews I read at all. I wasn't overly concerned because I think I will only sleep there although I was a little concerned over the three young women I was travelling with us. Ha ha, my partner and her two girls!
Anyway, the condos were nicely appointed, extremely clean and two feet (okay maybe 200ft) from the ocean. The pool was well maintained, the restaurant above average and all the staff and residents extremely helpful. Instant family almost.
All in all way more than I bargained for on a budget! Cancun is touristy and this was a great way to avoid a bit of that and kinda have it both ways!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Daniel D
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We walked in from the beach, an oasis among the all-inclusives, folks willing to take our money and provide food and drink! Friendly attentive service.

• Stayed December 2011
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We came into Cancun to catch a connecting flight back to Los Angeles and couldn't get out, so a taxi driver (can we say "kick back"?) suggested the "4 star" Cancun Plaza. He dropped us off and left. We looked at one room. Felt like crying. Said take me back to the airport. The Plaza employee showed us 2 more rooms - we finally gave in. Turned out to have tiny ants, dirty fan, no handle on the cold water spigot in the bathroom, and the AC was fixed so it didn't cool. And it was NOT $40 as suggested in other emails - it was $100!! Needless to say, we ran out of there the next morning (we should have called another taxi and found something else at midnight, if that's what it took). Yes, the pool was beautiful. Yes, the ocean was gorgeous. But inside made my skin crawl ... or maybe it was the ants ...

Room Tip: Do what we did - we called Courtyard by Marriott. Not on the beach, but beautiful, clean, solid, com...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eurovicki

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

La Crosse, Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We rented at the Cancun Plaza Condo #3212 - owner Karen from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We were extremely DISAPPOINTED with this rental and would NOT recommend renting this at all. We were told we would be picked up at the airport - NO ONE PICKED US UP -, we finally got to the condo only to find out there was water coming through the ceiling in the bathroom. We were told there was only two other places available, we looked at them & they were both smelly & not a place I would want to stay. We finally talk to another person & she tells us there are more available. However, there are no safes in any of these rooms.........I wasn't real comfortable with the idea of leaving my computer & my passports in my room. I asked if they would pay if someone stole anything from our room and they said no. It was late, and we decided we had to stay in one of the places for the night. We stayed in someone else's condo, had to ask for towels, soap, toilet paper, etc. The towels we received were stained and not something I would expect when renting a place. This was an ocean front condo & no beach towels were included. You could "rent" beach towels, or go buy your own.

We were told we had internet access, however, we did not. We were told to go to the laundry room and it might work there......no luck.

We were told the owner was being reimbursed for her loss of income and asked to be reimbursed for some of our inconvenience and they never responded.

I would NEVER stay at this place again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Patty & Terry
Wisconsin

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PAF1448
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 15 March 2011

i went to cancun 3 times, but the last time i stayed at Cancun Plaza Condo it was in february 2011... it was the worst experience... my camera and cellphone dissapeared from the room, the service was horrible, the air conditioner not working, the administration have a big desorganization, Isabel the woman that sell to us the services never appear again.. IT WAS A REAL DISASTER and is very fall of the nightlife.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank princess5545
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Cheap, good and strategical position, it has a very nice view on the ocean. We enjoyed the place, better if you have a car, so that you can better move around.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple