“Rooms not clean, service is terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bsea Cancun Plaza

Ranked #44 of 118 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
London, United Kingdom
“Rooms not clean, service is terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I booked this hotel at the airport and it was recommended to me as the only hotel on the beach strip that was not all inclusive. How much I regretted having trusted the airport travel agent! My room was dirty and taps broken in the bathroom. I went to the hotel reception to ask for another room. They said they were booked up - a flat lie - and could not help. Then I asked for at least clean bedsheets, since mine were obviously used. They said the cleaning staff had gone home and they could not help me! I protested vociferously, pointing out that they must have their sheets somewhere in a cupboard since the cleaning staff hardly takes the sheets offsite when their shift is completed. The hotelier responded that he did not know whether there might be clean sheets on the promises and also made no moves to look for them. I said I wanted my money back and change hotels and he refused. I said your rooms cannot be worth more than 30$, while I had paid 80$ and he agreed, but again said there was nothing he could do. I went back to my room, depressed, thinking of what to do. After an hour or so, the hotelier came by and took a look at my bedsheets. He agreed they were used and dirty. 30 Minutes later he came back and brought fresh ones. I stayed for that one night and checked out early the next morning. Never want to return here! Also, since there is a lot of wind in this area and the isolation of the windows is not good, there is always a draft in the room and it is quite noisy, including in the night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Mimicri
Bsegroup, Manager at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your time in review your stay, we highly recommend to make sure you check in direct at BSEA front desk, this way we can support your request or any other issue. We hope to welcome you again and the opportunity to show you our service.

Bsea Cancun Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

After staying for week in Playa del Carmen, upon arriving to airport for return flight home, we found it was cancelled. Stuck in Cancun for night, we really wanted to find hotel on beach for reasonable price... all nearby beach hotels were $300+ per night. Taxi porter at airport knew about Cancun Plaza... $100 night but need to pay cash. We were skeptical, but I'm so glad we went to this place!! Room was dated and could use an update, but it was clean. Commen areas were outstanding, beach was clean, restaurant was excellent, even had free wifi! If you expect resort service, go pay resort prices. If you want a great value on the beach, this is it. WE WILL BE BACK!!! THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phil P
Bsegroup, Manager at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
We thank you in advance for your time in review our property, we will love to welcome you again in your next visit to Cancun.

BSEA CANCUN PLAZA
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

When we arrived in Cancun we did not have a hotel lined up because we wanted to survey the area first. Hotel Zone (where all of the resorts are) was filled with beautiful places to stay right on the beach. However, most of those places started at like $150. Perhaps this was because of spring break - i don't know. A local woman recommended Cancun Plaza ($100/night) to us and even escorted us there. When we arrived the apartment building was being renovated so there was scaffolding all around. Other than that everything else was beautiful. The Condo sits on the beach so you can literally walk from your room down onto the beach or you could just sit on the edge of the infinity pool and gaze at the ocean. We were shown two rooms. One at a high floor which had an Amazing view (balcony) but limited space and one on the ground level which had an amazing view, great ventilation and lots of space. We chose the first floor. This is NOT a hotel so there is no room service, however there is a great restaurant and a small store for your needs. They do have someone come in and clean the rooms for you daily. We only stayed here two days because we were booked at a resort down on the riviera but we did not want to leave when it was time to go. The next time we go back to Cancun we will definitely be at Cancun Plaza!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Br0wnb0mbshell
Bsegroup, Manager at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Thank you for your time in review Bsea Cancun Plaza, we will do our best to welcome your again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

The management of this condo located in apartment 2106 is rude, ignorant and do not have any kind of costumer service attitude. The room we got, was dirty, old and in poor conditions overall. Please do not stay in this condo you will regretted.

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank Pau_vazq
Bsegroup, Owner at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for your review, is important for us to inform that we have new management group cal Bsea Cancun Plaza they are profesional with many years in this business, look for Bsea on your next visit to Cancun.

Look forward to see you again.

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Mentor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

Just returned on 12 December 2012....improvements have been made since my last visit. All the new flooring looks terrific. They are just finishing up the stairways, and it should be done by the end of December.

I also noticed that the restaurant has improved. We had breakfast there one morning and it was much improved over my last visit. I also noticed that the pool on top of the restaurant is now lit at night with rotating colors which looks really beautiful from rooms 420X, 430X, 440X, 450X, 460X.

The beach was wonderful this week. There is a lot more sand which has increased the size of the beach. As for the pool, it is always sparkling -- thanks to Selin's hard work.

With the bus stop (60 cents USD one way) just steps outside the front gates, we went out to the local restaurants every night. We always felt safe in town and on the bus. My friend (who was on her first visit) insisted we take the bus (instead of a taxi) even though we had lots of shopping bags. Taxi's are also plentiful, too, and very reasonable.

Everything is very clean in the common areas -- as it always is. I love how uncrowded this property feels. Like your own private resort. There are always enough chairs at the pool and beach. The views of the ocean are spectacular from most rooms. The color of the Caribbean Sea is the most wonderful blue. I also noticed this time how clean the Sea was. You could easily see the bottom from my balcony in room 4203. Wow!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for, so don't cheap out by paying bottom price. Rooms starting with 1 or 4...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mk25900
Thank you so much for your time in review our property, is great to hear that you came back with us and hope to see your again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I spent my summer in cancun and really enjoyed staying in Cancun Plaza. I wasn't going to stay at cancun plaza because of some of the reviews but i decided to go anyway. My room was clean with everything working nicely and the view is breath taking!! I have been going to cancun for years and never have i been so close to the beach! To be honest i was expecting something run down for the price i got but it was the opposite.
I went to cancun to spend time on the beach and pool not to spend time in my room all day. i got more than i expected. We say a few sea turtles laying their eggs at night and it was just amazing.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank dc18_12
Bsegroup, Manager at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Nice to hear that you enjoy your stay with us, we are working hard to get better service for all our guest.

BseaCancunPlaza
Mentor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I've stayed at a Riviera Maya all-inclusive every year for the last 11 years, and then my sister recommended Cancun Plaza. This is the CLOSEST that I have EVER been to the beach in the 11 years we have been coming down here. The views are fantastic! Each unit is individually owned, so you need to be sure to book with a reputable manager. I would recommend Carmen Bianca at www.condosurfers.com to book your room. There are other managers, but Carmen is bi-lingual and knows what standards Americans/Canadians/others are looking for. Also, if you have a choice of price-range, select the best one you can afford (it will still be a bargain!), but your accommodation will probably be more updated. "You get what you pay for" is the rule here. Individual owners have their own ideas of what is acceptable -- just as people do in their own homes.

You will have everything you need here....two convenience stores on property, a restaurant on site as well as plenty nearby, a small intimate hotel with ample pool chaises, an immaculately kept pool, an uncrowded beach, etc. Being right on a bus line allows you to quickly get up to the party zone for less than 80 cents USD or take a cab (also plentiful).

I thought I would miss all the drinks and food that an all-inclusive provides, but I didn't. We were easily able to purchase food and drink at the local Wal-Mart and did it ourselves or went out for meals (or used the on-site restaurant which was reasonably priced). Cooking some easy meals and preparing our own drinks did not diminish our experience, but rather ENHANCED it. Instead of wasting time waiting in lines for some 'mystery' food, we were able to make what WE wanted to eat WHEN we wanted to eat.

This was a totally relaxing vacation. Can't wait to go back this March!

Room Tip: Think about what is important to you....view, appliances, bed size, etc., and then tell Carmen what...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family