8,241 results
All reviews la concha italian restaurant entertainment staff premier tower premier pool royal holiday rooftop bar main tower main pool bali beds infinity pool ocean view time share rain shower nachos make reservations specialty restaurants
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The Hotel resort is actually quite ok, but our overall experience came a bit short of it's potential. We had a late arrival which was communicated beforehand to the hotel management when we made the booking. However upon arrival we were told that payment was still due although I had received a message from my credit card being fully charged for the entire amount, so we thought it was already paid. After a bit of confusion and back and forth, mgmt told us that for security reasons and many bookings with uncovered cards the hotel does charge the full amount on the credit card provided and initiates a cancellation right after that. Since I receive only the charge message, I was not willing to pay the same amount again obviously. It was clarified later. Due to late arrival the hotel was overbooked and the hotel mgmt 'upgraded' us to a villa stay. It comes with different perks compared to the normal room although I believe we got allocated the 'villa' that nobody really likes that much as it was not beach front and the 'private pool' literally overlooked the main pathway were everybody was walking in and out of the villa area to the main reception (we haven't used the pool once). As it was late on arrival we haven't received a tour of the property and this was a clear disadvantage as we kind of missed a big part of the resort and I believe the newer part of the resort on the other side of the main building (we haven't even received a map of the resort hence we didn't even know what was part of the resort and what belonged to the next hotel). We stayed only 4 nights and the first night was too late for dinner, 2nd night we just went for the normal dinner buffet which is quite ok, 3rd night we were outside and wanted to book for the a-la-cart restaurant the last evening and it was already fully booked when we wanted to reserve a table at 12:30pm (booking is until 2pm). It is advised to make booking as early as possible in the morning. Luckily the booking manager could allow us a walk-in at the Oriental restaurant with bit of a wait.
An odd thing of the room we got was it had a plate of cake saying "Happy Anniversary" which we left...and it stayed for 2 days as the maid didn't take it the first day. There was also a bottle of some sparkling wine (not sure what exactly) the label of the bottle was so old that it was literally cracked multiple times (it stayed there for our entire stay).
During the day the pool offers different amusement activities for those interested (Aquaworld has a booth on site), the evenings have some entertainment for kids and often a market which some interesting handcrafted souvenir and gifts from outside vendors but approved by the hotel to set up their stands.
The a-la-carte restaurants are recommended and have a nice ambience, book early in advance on the day!
We only discovered the infinity pool on our last day by coincidence (since no tour of resort was given) so we ended up only using/experiencing the standard pool that is also good for kids and families. The pool bar on the infinity pool looked much more sophisticated. We enjoyed the access to the free wifi in the villas, which isn't available to the standard room guests (only in the common areas, wifi on rooms are available for a charge, I believe it's $10/day or $30/week) and also appreciated the 24hr in room-dining service which is definitely a perk for the villas. Haven't used the gym (nor visited) but it's not free. There was regular noise coming from upstairs with lots of staff going up and down and we heard chairs/tables being moved around quite a bit, but were not too bothered by it. One thing I realized on the last day is that the air con was way too strong for the left side queen bed compared to the right side (window) bed. Put it on lowest fan strength but temperature control was not working properly (display was not indicating properly either) and the vent is located directly opposite the bed streaming cold air towards it and during the night had to move back to the window bed.
Overall a good all-inclusive resort if you want to stay in the hotel for most of your stay, just make sure you get to enjoy all of it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Know that your words encourage us to work hard so as to keep enhancing our services.
Allow me to let you know that it is very pleasing to read how much you enjoyed our facilities and services. I am glad that we managed to make you feel comfortable and well cared for.
We will be very pleased to host you again in the near future. You can rest assured that it will be another stay to remember.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed on the property in a Villa last week. The property is awesome, the location is great and the staff is excellent. The only negative is the food and drinks. The buffet was not good (in my opinion). I've stayed at the Park Royal in Cozumel twice and the food and drinks there were much better. The drinks were watery and sugary. Other than that I had a great time. I don't think I'll be back because I ended up spending money at the local restaurants and bars anyway.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Thanks to reviews as complete as yours, we are able to identify opportunity areas that we can improve to provide you with a more exceptional service.
It is very rewarding to know how much you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Please know that our aim is to go beyond your expectations and I am truly content to find out that we achieved it.
Please do not hesitate to visit us again and kindly let us provide you with an outstanding service that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

The resort is beautiful. But as promised in my package purchase, the internet was not free and when paid for, is really bad service anyway. There are 4 restaurants -3 that need reservations. From our experience, the buffet by far had the best food so we didn't bother making additional reservations for mediocre food and very small portions. There are 2 pools and we were told that the pool with the swim up bar by our room was adult only however there were families with toddlers in the pool everyday that we were there. A bit uncomfortable to see, since there were adults drinking and swimming in the pool. They have things going on at night in common areas such as karaoke, magic shows, dancing etc. and that is a lot of fun. We upgraded our room for $125 (for 3 adults) and the view was amazing! The rooms are beautiful and bathrooms serene. The staff is incredibly attentive and so nice. Keep in mind, this is a "Club" hotel and they will ask you to sit through a 90 minute "timeshare" type of presentation. If you go, for the freebies, like I did, you may want to get your freebies when you walk in as I did not and never received them afterwards. Overall my daughter, her best friend and I had an amazing time in Cancun and this resort was one of the highlights.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thank you very much for allowing us host your holidays. I am glad to know we were able to provide you a wonderfully experience. We all at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe look forward to welcome you back in the near future for more relaxing experiences.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We loved it here!!! We went for our 10 year anniversary and had an amazing time In the villas. We upgraded to oceanfront and it was amazing- our pool, view right on the beach, private Bali bed it was like our own private resort. Although we never really saw our butler unless we called and asked for ice etc. Roberto was awesome- brought us drinks to us at our private pool. the resort and view alone were just amazing- would love to go back! We also went to the pool when we wanted some company (not frequently) the gym was still a fee to use- not complimentary with villas. Dinner-Oriental and Italian were great, we didn't like Mexican that well. But taco bar in evenings was amazing. Timeshare promotion was definitely a downer even with politely declining they were very pressing. Overall highly recommend! Also great location- we took the bus a couple times to shop and ate out once. Location central to everything with great beach for sure!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coastal297912

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your experience with future travelers. It is reviews like yours that make me believe that we are on the right path to achieve excellence. I feel very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that we were able to help make your vacation a great one. We would love to welcome you once more here at the GPRCC..

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Loved the resort itself. Great beach, pretty blue ocean. Written in the fine print it says "some restaurants limit children". The truth is, kids under 12 can only eat dinner at the buffet. We ate there for 8 straight nights. They also promised free internet, but refused to give it to us at check in.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Justjoejoe
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Your comments are very important to us as they help us identify our areas of opportunity and continue to reach our goal which is our guests' satisfaction.
It disappoints me to know that we were unable to meet your expectations, for which I make an apology.
I am certain that we can make your stay a memorable experience, so please do not hesitate to visit us again.