“Nice budget hotel”

Ranked #157 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice budget hotel”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We spend three nights in this hotel. It was a start to our long holiday so we did not wanted to pay too much. Area was quiet, opposite to golf club, but still only 10 mins walk to the party area and to the beach. Staff did not speak english almost at all, but if you have poor spanish you can handle!! Very helpful staff. Inernet in the lobby and sfetybox as well. Restaurant was closed, maybe because it was low season. Simple, clean and everything you need for a couple days stay.

1 Thank ninza1974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
London, UK
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Cancun. Imperial Laguna:

Very disappointing. Luckily only had a single night here so it was tolerable but had I booked any longer I would have been looking for alternative accommodation. I am happy with basic hotels but this hotel didn't even meet basic standards.

Main issues were:
1: mould throughout room particularly in the bathroom and kitchenette.
2: the hotel as a whole had an odd aroma but the room had a distinct sewage smell emitting from the shower cubicle. So much so that we decided to skip showering until we had checked in to the next hotel.
3: air conditioning was noisy. It worked but kept us awake.
4: television didn't turn on.
5: following heavy rain during the night one side of the room partially flooded.
6: bed sheets had stains on them
7: kitchenette appliances were antiquated and again didn't smell great.
8: breakfast was beyond basic. Toast and a few pastries.

Only had one night there so didn't try or experience the pool are but it looked reasonable albeit was shared with another complex.

One positive was the friendly bar staff in the bar / restaurant in the pool area. Didn't sample the food.

Would not recommend.

1 Thank DarrenDiss
Jose Maria P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beach House Imperial Laguna Cancun Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
We regret to read that you did not had a good experience in our hotel, however your comments are important to us in order to provide a better service.

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you've had enough of expensive boutique hotels or are looking for some cheaper budget options, Imperial Laguna is a smart choice. Located by the lagoon, 7 minutes walk from the party street in Zona Hotelas, in a small and quiet street. The rooms are fair and simple, clean and spacious enough. The hotel offers a nice pool and sunbeds and a decent breakfast included.

We still feel that the kitchenette gave the little extra here. Buy some extra stuff for your breakfast at the local supermercado, bring as much water or beer as you like – and you are always greeted with a friendly smile.

You are also free to visit the Celuisma Dos Playas resort by the sea for free towels and sunbed, or with discount on a all-inclusive (towels, sunbed, drinks and lunch buffet) day pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the lagoone (605, 606, 705, 706, 805, 806)
6 Thank olerules
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Booked this hotel a day before I travelled to Cancun as it was very cheap and I didnt have time to look around at other hotels. It wasnt absolutely terrible but I would not stay there again if you paid me! When I checked into my room, I noticed a stain on the bed straight away..so I went to reception and asked to change the room. The man at the reception desk did not believe me and had to inspect it himself. After seeing it for himself, he gave me a key to another room, but said that was the last empty room. It was only later I realised that the hotel was practically empty, I just saw a handful of guests staying there.

It is not as close to the hotel zone as I would have liked so had to catch a taxi there and also not close to the town centre. Rooms are very basic. Air con was terrible. There was a distinct smell as soon as you entered the hotel, which just made me feel like I wanted to get out again.

I could not stay there more than three days. I checked out and checked into a resort the rest of my friends were staying at. The man at reception said he would refund me for the rest of my stay (I paid for 7 days), and I am still waiting for my refund, despite emailing the manager several times. I wish I booked the resort in the first place, instead of this hotel!

On the positives - The staff are friendly and always made an effort to speak to you. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PriSach
Imperial Laguna is a budget hotel meeting the basic standards for its category. The hotel located is 10 minutes away from Cancun downtown and just 5 minutes away from the main enterteinment zone in Cancun. You may take unexpensive public transportation to go anywhere. Thanks for your comments
Cartagena
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great location, very close to the beaches, entertainment, nightlife and food. Hotel is clean and has hot water, wifi and a safety deposit. We stayed for 1 week and never encountered an unpleasant situation.

• Stayed September 2013
Morelos, Mexico
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed just for 3 days, but the hotel was not as good as on the pictures, it's dirty and it seems everything is falling in to pieces. On our last day someone at 7.30 pm entered our room and STOLED our belongings, computers, ipod, cameras... EVERYTHNG THAT COSTS!. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!. the staff called the police, and the night supervisor told us that she did not guarenteed that the hotel would pay back our belongings. If you are trying to stay in Cancun, search for other hotels, THIS IS NOT SAFE!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank priscila90
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Located in the hotel zone this property while not on the beach is just as good as any large hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful, bilingual. fantastic pool. Ask for a room facing the pool area.
A free continental breakfast is available every morning. The lagoon view is breathtaking with several dock boats available for daily rental. Local buses are a short distance walk which will
sip you to the downtown area in less than 2o minutes.

Room Tip: Reguest a suite with a balcony facing the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family