“Nicest staff ever and beautiful pool area”
Review of Suites Sina

Suites Sina
Ranked #2 of 67 Cancun B&B and Inns
La Habana, Cuba
“Nicest staff ever and beautiful pool area”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed 5 nights in Cancun and booked the ground floor family suite. The hotel is a bit further down the main road on "zona hotelera" but only 5 minutes walk from taxi and bus stop. It is located on a quiet cul de sac with fab views on the laguna, superb pool area with very confy relax chairs. Breakfast is served by the pool. Although the room was a bit dated in terms of the deco, it had everything one would expect in this price range (flat screen TV, large bathroom, very confortable king size bed with smooth sheets, kitchen area with cofee, bottles of water....).
What made my stay at the Sina Suite so memorable is the extreme kindness of the staff. I got really panicked on my second day as my Bank card had been refused twice in shops and I was left with no money at all...not a penny ! I walked back to the hotel and went to the receptionist to explain what was hapening to me and that I will contact my bank first thing next morning at office hours in France to solve the problem. But I was shaking at the idea of being left on my own with nothing....and I could not event buy some food for dinner (the hotel does not have a restaurant) .... Well they kindly ordered me a pizza and sent me sodas, water....a full bag of them, to my room. Then when everything was finally arranged with my bank the next day, they kept asking me how I was, if everyhting was OK.....and even best: when I checked out, they never accepted for me to pay for the pizzas and sodas...they just told me to consider their hotel as my home. I trully don't think I have ever received such a warm service from any hotel of this range in the world.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank marionhabana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Me and my mum went to Cancun and my mum manage to find this little gem!
We absolutely loved this hotel as it was perfect for us! We are not into the all inclusive, 5* star resort holidays in which you never leave your hotel, we prefer to explore the country we're in a bit more and this was perfect. You can see from the pictures a absolutely beautiful hotel and view (which isn't hard in Cancun). This hotel is just enough out of all the crazy shopping and partying of Cancun but still within walking distance.

The staff are the most helpful and welcoming staff I think I've ever come across on my travels (including giving us a lift to the Mexican shopping centre on their way home and walking around with us and translating!)
They have all the connections to do all the days trips (all of which are another experience!)

The pool is beautiful and serene, it was very quiet when we went just after spring break so we often had the entire pool to ourselves.
Breakfast was not massive (fresh fruit and pastries) but was fine for us to get us started for the day. The restaurant ran all day till 4pm so on the days that we stayed and relaxed by the pool lunch was easy!

We upgraded to the larger suite and it was amazing! All the suites have great views of the pool from the balcony. The room was huge, more then enough space. Same goes for the bathroom and kitchen.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TashaSC
London
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had a bit mixed feelings about staying here because of mixed reviews and unfortunately when I arrived my booking couldn't be found. Luckily the front desk guys were very nice and had a room available which they gave me. It got all sorted out later though and my booking was found.
People have said before this place is hard to find but not really. If you take the bus you get of at the Quetzal street and start walking back until you find Nr. 33. It'll be on the left. It's maybe a 10 min walk from the main Blvd.
The hotel is a bit outdated, i.e. furniture and I also found 2 hairs, on the table and chair. Now I'm funny when it comes to hair in hotel rooms, so they loose points there.
The pool was pretty cold and very shallow but long so good for lane swimming, if you don't hit your knees.
Breakfast is warm croissants with butter and jam, juice or fruit and coffee. I had an American breakfast, which was eggs and a hash brown on top. The breakfast room is lovely, overlooking the pool and the lagoon.
In general the view of the lagoon from the garden in very relaxing. The suites have balconies so it's nice to sit outside there, too.
Would I stay again? For 1 night yes, for a week no.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the 2nd level in the front to overlook the lagoon.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelcrazy013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I only want to say one words come from their manager/boss, "You do not get internet in the room because you choice the cheapest room." Their Ads show free WiFi and parking.

Other thing like air condition is extremely loud, bad breakfast, duty restroom, just too much cons.

Room Tip: Do not go this kind of private owner hotel any more. One people can go YOUTH HOSTEL. 2 plus go 3+ st...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank David y
Finland, Espoo
Reviewed 2 September 2012

If you're looking for your typical Cancun resort hotel, this is not your choice. This is typical hotel you would see in Mediterreanian. The staff was real nice and the food at the bar was excellent. The room had two big beds, refridgerator, TV and A/C. The pool area was enough for us. The hotel is a bit walk away from the hustle, so unless you're prepared to walk at all for your dinner, then this might not be your place. As we stayed only for one night, the room did not matter that much, but I could see there was some rooms which had separate living room area and balcony.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Founders81
Scotland
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful. The suites are a bit old fashined but spacious, clean and contain everything you need. For the Cancun Hotel zone area this accomodation would be considered budget. There is a lovely garden and pool area overlooking the lagoon.

The situation of this hotel is a distance from the beach; which is hard to access as there are wall - to - wall international hotels and a dual carriageway road in between. There is not much choice of restaurant locally as most people are on inclusive packages, but the local takeaways are good, although next to very busy road.
Having spent a month travelling throughout Mexico Cancun was a bit of a disappointment but this hotel is a good choice to dip in and out of the mayhem!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lagoon
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GroovyGroveScotland
Xcalak, Mexico
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel is a so close to all the action yet has totally tranquil atmosphere. The location is very close to Poc ta Pok golf course, within walking distance of the beach and nightclubs. The location on the Lagoon offers an
amazing view of the Hotel Zone both day and night. Our room was the Jr. Suite with a small kitchen, dining bar and table plus a couch. The bedroom faced the ocean with large windows for a great view. The grassy lawns filled with tropical plantings and palms is a great place to relax out of the sun. The pool is also facing the lagoon with wonderful loungers for sun bathing.
The on site restaurant for breakfast and lunch is sunken and the view is over the pool, very unusual and we enjoyed a great breakfast. The overall feeling was relaxing and very quiet. We also totally enjoyed the staff who were always smiling and friendly. The owner was also present and sat and visited with us for some time. The hotel is small and personal, that makes for secure and comfortable stay. Everyone spoke English which is also helpful.
I would suggest this hotel for families since you can do light cooking and keep snacks and beverages in the nice little kitchen. This is also a perfect place if you want to be close to the beach but not in a giant hotel.
I really liked the intimate feeling Sina Suites provides.

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite to face the Lagoon and have a great view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple