“The best family hotel!!!!”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #52 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Lincoln
“The best family hotel!!!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

There are couple of people who are giving less scores than 5, but why? This is the best family hotel in Cancun! This is not a new hotel, but very clean, the staff are far the best! The food is just perfect too. If you are expecting a Michelin star meal, this is not for you, but for this price is the far best! Thank you for making our holiday!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was nervous to travel to a 3.5 star resort based on some of the reviews I read. However, I was pleasantly surprised with so many things that this resort had to offer. We travelled with our 4 children (1,4,10,11). I would say the ideal age for kids at this resort is between 4-10. Our 4 year old absolutely loved the kids club. He preferred to be there than in the pool. He loved the arts and crafts and pajama parties. Our 10 and 11 year olds were constantly busy playing with the other kids in the pool or water park. The resort has tons of activities for the kids as well (game room, pool volleyball/basketball games, horseshoe, dance competitions, casino night.... Too many others to name). My theory was that if the kids were occupied, my husband and I wouldn't be. It worked out great that way.
The food was plentiful and good. They had lots of options for picky eaters like kids. We never went hungry. Best dishes were Mexican and Spanish night (no doubt). We didn't get a chance to eat at the oysters restaurant, but I heard its good.
I recommend the evening shows. They are very entertaining for the whole family. Even our 1 year old loved watching Michael Jackson show.
The rooms were nice. I do recommend getting the renovated rooms as they seem fresher. We had 1 of each (junior suites). The only issue we had was that the rooms weren't connected and we had to shuffle people around so that we didn't have the little kids sleeping without an adult. It would have been much nicer to have a connecting door. Now to the resorts credit, they did offer a 2 bedroom suite, but we preferred to stay on the ocean side.
By far, the best part of the resort are the workers. They are so dedicated to their job, work long hours every day and are still able to be happy and bring so much energy to the resort. I was extremely impressed with everyone there.
The couple things that I would say on the negative side are 1. The resort/water park became extremely overcrowded on Saturday with new arrivals and locals. We couldn't find a single bit of shade for our 1 year old, so we had to leave the park. I would recommend traveling Sunday through Saturday or take Saturday to do a tour. 2. It was very difficult to understand the cadence of the resort. The resort has a program which generally tells what is happening. But it was hard to read and we had to ask other guests how breakfast/lunch/dinner worked. The program also didn't specifically say where each event took place (ex. There was a basketball event listed, we naturally thought it took place on the basketball court, but actually it was in the pool; minor but still confusing).
Overall, the kids had a great time. They are already asking to go back.

Room Tip: We had ocean side junior suite. We were close to the main lobby which was great for the kids. I woul...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kristaliina
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your comments, we like to know you and your kids had a good vacations with us, we will try to improve the negative things that you comment here, and we hope see you back!
topdeck5
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just got back from mexico and had a terrific time here, cant say enough good things, we were a party of 5 and we all agreed that this hotel was real value for the money. The only negative was a bit isolated from down town areas. But you could get there very easily by small mini buses that was much cheaper than the taxi , they were there every 10 mins. The food was very good they had different theme nights with plenty of choice we were there 14 nights and could have had something different every meal. Not including the 3 al e carte restaurants, Mexican, Fish restaurant which was my favourite, and the Italian, the cakes were wonderful the best ive tasted anywhere. The all inclusive drinks were very good the beers and the spirits were better than ive had anywhere. we took our own baccardi but the stuff they served was good enough and we fetched it home. and the corona beer was also very good. The staff were all very pleasant, and worked very hard to make your stay very enjoyable, when i got there i left my camera on the coach coming in and thought that i would have lost it, it was very expensive and at first I didn't hold much hope on seeing it again however the bag man telephoned our rep Emma and it took a couple of days, but i got it back in the end to my relief, I cant thank them all enough.The rooms were very nice and roomy they had both a ceiling fan and an air conditioner to keep cool as the weather was very hot in the eighties every day. Our room was cleaned every day and if you required fresh towels daily. you could also book out beach towels every day if you wished,to put on the sunbeds. We thought it best to hold on to them. however if you used them early as the fresh ones were only availably later in the morning. you could start sunbathing just after 6.00am if you wished. be careful as the sun gets very hot here helped along with the sea breezes you dont have to sunbathe long here to get a tan we could have done with an high factor cream than a 6 to start with, 2 hours is enough just a guide. In the room there was an iron a small ironing board, A coffee maker which we used to boil water as we took some coffee sachets, and you could get a little milk from the restaurant and put it in a empty water bottle and put in the fridge. There was a TV with limited stations which think you could upgrade if asked.
The hotel is a family friendly hotel, ideal for the kids although we didn't have any. Down-town is pretty safe if you go there we went to a massive wall-mart store and there is a great market (28 Marcado) we visited the hotel strip some very good bars for the young but can be expensive so be careful as you pay a set fee to get in some of the popular places but the service can let you down when wanting drinks, We visited the island opposite called Isla Mujeres which is well worth a visit its about £6-£7 by high speed ferry the small buses will take you to the ferry terminal use the blue and yellow ferries, When you get there you can hire a Golf buggy that hold about 4 people there are bigger ones but cost more, ours cost about £25 for 4 hours and we went round the island twice in that time and stopped at certain places for a drink etc. there are things to see and the waters are very clear Iguanas are everywhere. around the hotel a couple of times we got a glimpse of a rather peculiar animal called a coatis i can only say they are lemur/badger like animals that are there, they eat everything chips anything they can get you can see these at the el meco ruins just down the road from the hotel and in the water-park at lunchtime. Our room was opposite the boat and yacht club jetty and near the nice fish restaurant, no 143b served all our needs and was quiet. You wll need adaptors for the flat type of connectors for your power needs and not the round pin type, unless you use the adaptor. thankyou to all at sea adventure. Remember each person as a 900 Peso exit fee when you leave. this is about £50 Each and can only be paid in pesos.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room furthest from the centre of the hotel 143b if you like it a little quieter, you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Buffalo, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have been to a few hotels in Cancun and knew this hotel had a rating of a 3. I believe that the service from the receptionist who help us when we needed to change rooms,to Armando who wheeled up suits cases for six people all in one shot and he is no spring chicken, to the activities directors Joaquin and Ivan who made our whole stay fun and exciting was a 10. The meals for breakfast and lunch were very good and the dinner buffet is what I expected from a Buffet.
The hotel was not that far from town and very close to the ferry that went over to Isle mujeres.It had a nice water park for small children and was very family orientated. We went during spring break and it was nice not having a bunch of drunk college kids running around. I went with my boyfriend, his 2 daughters 18 and 19 and my 2 sons 18 and 22. This was their graduation gifts from us, so we wanted their first time in Cancun to be a good one. We were there to have a good time.
Joaquin the activities director took us and a group of guys from England to a foam party at a night club called The City. It was awesome and I am 45 years old and even I was down dancing in the foam. If you want to experience the best foam party where the foam gets over 15 feet high you have to go to the bar called The city.
I can't thank Joaquin and Ivan because of them my boyfriend and I really bonded with our children and they now want to go back to Cancun and party with us. These are the memories I will always cherish. we would definitely stay at the Sea Adventure again.

Room Tip: Request not to have a reno room. These are there remolded rooms. They do not come with the advertise...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Clorice
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Very dissapointed in this resort. Not clean, we had NO hot water the entire trip. Called maintenance to have hot water fixed and toilet unclogged 4 times and no one ever did show up. We managed to fix the toilet. They cleaned the room and took our wash clothes once. Food was rather poor. Beach stunk and was FULL of seaweed. Hats off to the men responsible for constantly raking the seaweed but water was full of it. Very small beach area and now where to actually walk the beach. Water park was quite outdated. Just not impressed. There was a few of the staff that are wonderful though! Thank goodness the weather was beautiful though! That's the only thing that made the trip worth while.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just returned from Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark on the 23rd March fun and games all the way with the entertainment team the shows are excellent for the whole family to watch. Food is a designed for all ages, Oysters restaurant is first class for food and service.
Our main restaurant experiences was made easier by the service of Jesus who made dinning fun and was always there when required.

Room Tip: Sea rooms will put you in the main hotel, other rooms could put you in the opposite part of the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan R
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thanks for choose us to spend your vacations, we hope you came back again. Attend you is our passion!
Toronto
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Sea Adventure Resort for 5 days in March 2014. I read many reviews before we went and thinking that made all the difference in allowing us to have a wonderful time. We know what to expect.

Staff:
Amazing! the people who work at this resort are the hardest working group of people I have ever seen. The have so many activities going on all day and the really work hard to try to get people involved. Well done Evan & Joaquin! for some reason the women do not fun the activities but the watch and join in. The girls who run the kids club are amazing. This same staff also performs the shows that they have a night. Amazing work ethic. Tipping your staff goes a long way at this resort and they really deserve it.
Rooms:
Clean and the non renovated rooms are really large. We asked to be moved to a ground floor and accommodated us the next day. so fun to just walk out to the sand and beach and the hanging beds right outside. Rooms have the tiny bar fridge but not really a problem as you just keep the bottled water that they leave you when they clean your room everyday. Still upgrades to be done in the rooms but that was not important to our enjoyment as we spend so little time in the room.
Food:
The food fit the 3.5 rating but I was very happy with the fresh fruit and juice everyday. If you are coming for amazing food this is not the place for you. We ate everything and felt well the whole time. My kids loved serving themselves at the kids buffet. If you are a person who needs air conditioning all the time you won't be happy with the buffet. I thought it was great as I hate having to throw on sweaters when you go into to eat. They work really hard to decorate the buffet in the theme every night. They give you a specialty drink if you have to wait for a table. If you want to eat at the specialty restaurant (which is just the everyday snack bars fancied up the be a restaurant) you must line up at 10:30 to get a reservation. We only managed to do this once at the Mexican restaurant. It was across the road at the water park snack bar and it was very good with great service. Decor was amazing. I can tell that they are attempting to improve the food but they are still not quite there yet. Omelettes were ready made a very delicious. Tip the gentleman who sit you on your first day and you will be looked after nicely. They had sausage and even bacon some days. I saw some people put 20 pieces of bacon on their plate - so greedy. No wonder the place does not give bacon everyday. They are a business after all.
Waterpark:
The best!! Everything across the road was so well though out. The easy walk with the underground bridge. The snack bar with wings, hamburgers, salad, french fries and salad was good. The cheese sauce they use to make nachos was really foreign to us but we just chose other things. The washrooms with the open concept, showers, change rooms very beautiful.
The Waterpark was not busy (we were there Sunday to Friday - may be busier on the weekend) and we could see the kids from were we sat and even from the bar. My youngest is 5 and she could do all the slides by herself. Thy had archery, basketball, soccer and mini golf for the kids as well. Bravo sea adventure for a well thought out park.
Drinks:
They were defiantly watered down but I love to drink in the sunshine so this was really good for me because I could drink all day and wake up the next morning ready to go. When I wanted a real drink in the evening I had to order a double. Beer is only draft so that is not to everyone taste. Service at the bar from Alejandro was slow and a bit grumpy but other bartenders were friendly and good even if you did not tip them. Service at water park bar was top notch. Bar had limited choice from what I could see.
Kids club:
Very well done. Wendy and the girls were lovely to the children! I am a teacher and I thought the level of supervision was good but when they go to the Waterpark with the kids I would loved to see them add an extra staff as very tough for the one girls to watch all the kids. The fact that they dance and act in the shows at night made my girls fall in love with them and want to go to the kids club all the time. Painting,bracelets, PJ party, they had a lot going on. I forced my kids to stay will me a lot of the time that how much my girls liked it.
Shows:
Simple and earnest and geared for kids. Wonderful costumes, props and the staff really gives it their all to entertain u. Shows are late by our North American standards but it is worth it to stay up until 9 if you can.

Overall great family value!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family