“Excellent family vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very nice staff, excellent food, good and quiet location, great experience for the kids.
We came the whole family: parents, sister, brother, kids, mother-in-law: we were 18 in total ! We had fun !!!
Difficult not to make friends with the staff; special thanks to Joaquin who is great with kids, excellent dancer, acrobat, entertainer !
Thanks to Ernesto for his time on the beach !

Hopeto see you again !

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to choose the suite on the waterfront, it's Worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for take the time to share your opinion about our resort, we are happy to know that our service pleased you. On behalf of all the staff at Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark, it was a pleasure to serve you during your vacations and we appreciate your preference and look forward to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The animation team were amazing especially George and Joaquin, they kept the whole pool entertained all day.

The bar man at the pool bar was far too busy, having to collect cups, serve at 2 sides of the bar and wash them on his own. This left him with 50+ customers to serve with the Mexicans being served first and children being ignored sometimes for up to half an hour - this was in no way his fault as he worked as hard as he could but should've had at least another member of staff with him.

Also watching food be moved in the same van as the seaweed was taken away in was slightly worrying, however I didn't get poorly so can't really complain.

One thing, don't expect anything to be done quickly, getting someone to fix my safe, took 3 trips to reception and 2 hr wait.

The staff were all lovely, just management could organise things better

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lucie S
Thank you for your post and your visit to Sea Adventure, we are glad to know you have a good time with our animation team, your opinion is very important to us, it helps us out to see our opportunity areas to improve our service and facilities. We apologize for the time we took to fix the safe.
We will like to have you back and show you our improvements.
Attending you is our passion!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Went at Easter. The hotel is small and personal, it was extremely friendly. Was given an upgrade to a suite for 1/4 of the brochure price. My 10yo daughter loved the water park. The food was varied and good. The drinks were proper cocktails. I would go again tomorrow. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your vacations, we are very happy that you felt us as a friendly hotel as well that your daughter loved the water park.
We will be waiting for you tomorrow or wherever you want!!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is a family oriented hotel with a water park which is a kids pool with some slides. If you have kids younger than 8 yrs old it is very likely they are going to have a good time. There is no entertainment for the kids in the water park area other than the pool itself. The food in the snack bar in the pool area is poor. The basic hot dogs, hamburgers, pizzas and chips with cheese. I don't expect a lot from a hamburger or hot dog but they just basically were not putting any effort in making the food appealing or more tasteful. The bar in the water park area does not have premium drinks or even passable espirits.

The room was clean and was very spacious. In fact, I believe the room was made to be a studio apartment. However, the closet was very small and there was no chest to put your clothes. The bathroom had seen better days. The hotel needs some renovation or at least a face lift.

The main restaurant buffet style was not bad but not more than satisfactory. We also had the opportunity to eat at a restaurant called Ostras and Oysters (which mean the same). The restaurant requires reservations. The restaurant is elegant and is right in front of the ocean. The food was more upscale than the buffet and it was fairly good. Still, the wine list was very limited but the prices were good. There was another restaurant that required reservations for dinner in the same area of the snack bar near the pool. I had to run away from the restaurant less than a minute after sitting down because the mosquitoes were eating me alive. Nobody in the hotel warned me of of the mosquitoes. Otherwise I would have use some repellent.

The service was marginal at best. Transportation left us in front of the hotel and there is a significant set of stairs to go in. I had three bags and one was 45 pounds. Nobody came out to greet us or help with the bags. I had doubts we were in a hotel at that moment. At the front desk I had to wait for about 10 minutes before anybody said HOLA. There were about 5 people behind the front desk counting money. I guess they must have been in the shift change. None of them looked up or said they were going to help us any minute. The man at the front desk that finally gave us the keys to the room explained very little of the benefits I have as a gold member of the time sharing. We had to find along the way what they were. This same guy direct me to the wrong restaurant when I asked where the Oysters restaurant was. I came back and told him the restaurant that he sent me was not the one I asked. He had to call somebody on the walkie talkie to ask where the restaurant was. He didn't even know. But the worst was on the third day after breakfast. A Dominican called Roberto approached me saying that he had a bottle of tequila for me and needed to talked to me. I recognized him for the shirt he was wearing that he was probably trying to talk me into buying a time sharing package which is standard in Cancun hotels. My son was anxious to go to the water park so I told him I was not interested before he could explain anything. He followed me on the hallway and told me he needed to explain my benefits as a gold member (which nobody bother to explain before) and that the hotel gave him a rating for that and that he only needed 5 minutes of my time. He said that the hotel had changed owners and they were trying to bring a new concept to Mexico of a hotel with a Dominican influence. He gave me this sad story that his family was in the Dominican Republic and he had not seen them in a long time and his son was having his birthday next month and he wanted to send him a gift. I told him I was OK with that and I would meet him after I change clothes to go to the pool. 20 minutes later I saw him in the hallway and I told him I was ready. He said we needed to seat down and he took us to the Oysters restaurant which was at the opposite end of the hotel from where we were. When I came in and I saw other people greeting me and offering me drinks I realized what I suspected from the beginning. He took me to a Lifestyle Holiday VIP time sharing presentation (which owns the hotel now). That sent me through the roof. The guy had lied to me. I have been in this type of presentation before since this is about the tenth time I have been to Cancun. In the past, they offered me the presentation and asked me at what time I was available to take it if interested. Never before they had tricked me into going to a place to get a time sharing presentation. Of all the times I have been to Cancun this hotel had the worst service. I consider Cancun as one of the best places when it comes to service but this one was the exception.

The hotel is not expensive. If your budget is tight and you have children it could be an option. Otherwise choose one of the other many hotels in Cancun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank edwin r
Thank you for your visit and your comments, we are working in the areas that you comment, to be better in our services, we all ready have more entertainment at the water park, and we are improving the snacks. We are very sorry about the bad experiences you had and apologize about them. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Staff is nice and work very hard to please people staying here. This hotel reflects bad management and poor decisions. We arrived early and were not allowed in our room until 3:00pm. There is noting fancy or special about the food, basic staple food every day. There is only one main restaurant, which is hot all the time and full of flies. They have three other restaurants that require reservation. We stayed six days and were told we were allowed ONE reservation. That is ridiculous! They were short on cups and sometimes had to wait for clean plates at the buffet. The bar and the main restaurant shared cups and both would run out. The cups would be merely rinsed at the bar because there were angry people waiting a long time to for their drinks. The drinks are very low quality, I was told the "better" alcohol is for "premium or gold members". This is a time share hotel and there are tons of locals who stay here. The pool is way too small for the size of this hotel, many times it is overcrowded. The beach is very dirty, not too bad if you can make it past the massive amount of sea weed. Workers clean the shore in the morning and the sea weed is dumped under the deck by the pool. Several mornings there was a terrible smell, like horse poop by the pool. The A/C is not turned on anywhere, except your room so everyone is sweating ALL day. Even during the nightly shows! None of this is fault of the wonderful staff (waiters, maids, bar tenders, entertainment), they do what they can with what is available to them. Our kids had a blast with the entertainment staff. But I felt so bad for the bar tender as he waited endlessly for CUPS to service all the people ordering drinks. This is not the way to run a hotel. The water in the pools and water park look dirty, like it has not been cleaned in a long time. The waterpark is open to the public and gets super crowded on the weekends. It closes at 5pm! So we really had to plan our day around making a trip to the water park which is across street from the hotel. --It would be nice if stayed open later only to hotel guests. We didn't get sick from eating this food but we heard from many guests that did. They are also short on towels. We did not have towels in our room the first day, we were told to get some from the pool area. We ran out of hot water on two occasions. Only one staff member for water activities, who also takes the sail boat out from 10am to 12pm! That means only two or three groups can out in one day. It was a mess. We were told they don't take reservations for the sail boat until the morning of, but then we heard other who had booked the day before. POOR management. This hotel would be so much nicer if they only took care of basic things..... turn on A/C, then flies would not be all over the hotel. Buy more cups and plates, clean the water in the pools and waterpark. Rent a bigger truck to dump the massive amount of sea weed stored under the swimming pool deck. Hire a few more staff members so that the current ones are not so over worked, so that people at the bar are not angry because one bar tender cannot make drinks for 50 people, so that more guests can go out on the sail boat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We are grateful about your comment, your opinion is very important to us, it helps us out to see our opportunity areas to improve our service and facilities, since you express your comments we are making changes to satisfied our guests, now we have more cups and plates, for restaurant we contract a pest control company to finish with the flies and the air conditioning is on all the time. We make changes and improve all the time to benefit our guests. We like to know your opinion about our staff service for us attend you is our passion.
For Sea Adventure staff will be a pleasure to host your vacation in the near future and hoping you gives us the opportunity to serve you again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is about 15 mins outside the hustle and bustle of the hotel zone (no further than the moon palace on the other side of the resort and taxis were only about $12). On the bus journey out to the hotel we did start to get a bit worried as it was all a bit desolate but we were pleased to see that the hotel looked nice when we arrived.

The staff in this resort were so friendly. The bar tenders and the events organisers were top notch. There was entertainment on for guests every night and the day was packed with activities - and not just for kids! We went as a couple and although we saw lots of families around the kids were always being very well entertained so weren't a nuisance to us oldies at all!

The food was fab - my boyfriend is quite picky about what he eats but always found something to keep him happy. I tried almost everything!

Our room was spacious and clean with two double beds and air con. Ocean views were available as an upgrade option. The hotel has its own private beach and we found the water beautifully clear.

This hotel is filled with families who come back every year for the service and the value. It is a friendly place where we met lots of new friends. We intend to return here before very long!

If you are looking for the lap of luxury or for a hotel in the centre of the action then perhaps this hotel isn't for you - we loved it though and found it easy to travel into the centre of Cancun for nights out when we wanted. The Thomas Cook rep visited as often as any of the hotel zone hotels and all trips were available from the hotel. It's also walking distance to the port for travel to Isla Muerjes and the Captain Jack boat experience (both of which are highly recommended!).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine C
Thank you for take time to share your experience at Sea Adventure, we are happy to know you enjoy our activities, food and services.
It was a pleasure having you with us and we appreciate your preference. Hope to see you on your next holidays
Flatwoods, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family had a wonderful time here. We spent 7 days at this resort and never once heard our 3 kids ever say they were bored. The staff was excellent!! We loved Joaquin who was apart of the entertainment staff and Patrick who worked at the bar. We would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting to take a family vacation to Cancun.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, we are happy to know that your kids never be bored and you have a good experience about the staff, I going to tell Joaquin and Patrick about your comment. Thank you too for your recommendations.
We appreciate your preference and look forward to seeing you soon.