This was our first time at Temptations and I must say, it was a blast. My partner and I went with a bit of skeptisim...but we do with most things because we are just like that. EVERY SINGLE person we met was super friendly and fun. Seriously, EVERY person was nice...being from California it took a bit to become adjusted to that.
Now for the resort...
ROOM: Lucky for us we got a room AWAY from Patty'Os. We were in the 3000 section and it was perfect.The AC in the room was great, it was clean, functional and had a view of the ocean and pool. I called directly to the hotel before we arrived and requested to be in the 5000 building (away from Patty'Os)...not sure if that was the reason we were put where we were...but I am going with that!
FOOD: We felt that buffet left a little bit to be desired. We could always find something to eat...we don't really care for buffets in the first place but whatever. The omelet station was good...make sure you get the chilaquilas...REALLY good.
The Italian place was VERY good, ambiance was nice and the service was great. It made us laugh because they did seem to take the Italian dining experience seriously...we were there for nearly 2 hours. But you're on vacation so who cares.
Margaritas had good lunch options. The wings were tasty!
BARS: Put it this way....if you tip...your drinks come out stronger and faster....and the bartenders become a lot sweeter. Not sure if it's the heavy pours or the tips...but one way or another, tip the guys. $10 a day for what we figured would have cost close to $200 a day at a hotel pool. Ya, not a big deal. Oh, beware of the bees at the swim-up bar, I got stung.
BEACH: I read a ton of bad reviews about the beach. Correct, it's not the beach in the Hotel Zone of Cancun or is it Isla Mujeres. It is similar to a bay, there are boats around it...but it is not as bad a some people made it out to be. The water was clear, it was not muddy and disgusting. Honestly, we spent more time in the ocean then the pools.
Overall, we had a wonderful experience. I would recommend Temptations to anyone. Nobody judged and everyone was very cool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temptation Cancun Resort, “The Playground for Grown-Ups”, caters to adults only (21+), offering a vibrant and passion-infused, topless-optional environment for the chic, the confident and the free-spirited traveler. Designed by Karim Rashid, Temptation offers 426 rooms and suites, plus newly innovated guest areas. There are seven specialized restaurants, 5 bars and a gourmet cafe. The property also features a spectacular spa & sophisticated fitness center. Temptation Cancun Resort… “The Playground for Grown-Ups”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Temptation Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temptation Hotel Cancun
- Temptation Resort Cancun
- Blue Bay Mexico
- Temptations Cancun
- Blue Bay Resort Cancun
- Temptation Resort Spa Cancun
- Blue Bay Cancun Mexico
- Temptations Resort Cancun
- Blue Bay Getaway Spa Cancun
- Temptation Cancun