“It is what you make it”

Ranked #3 of 131 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
Meridian, Idaho
“It is what you make it”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have been to the Temptation six times, and obviously love it. But we recognize it is not for everyone. It is an adult's only, tops optional resort and yes,it can be wild. And just as you can always find fun, you can also find quiet. It's all in what you want it to be.
The rooms are spacious, although not a lot of drawer space if you're an unpacker, as we are. We have always been in building 3, so I can only speak to those rooms, which overlook the "sexy pool" and ocean. It can be loud on Saturday nights when they have the pool party and sometimes it's noisy other nights, depending on the level of the crowd. The rooms are spacious and well maintained with lots of mirrors, intimate lighting and king beds. I believe that some of the rooms may have two double beds.
We have always enjoyed the food. Rosa makes a mean omelet and the line moves quickly if there is one. Also, the cappuccinos are delicious. Just ask your waiter for one. Dinner in any of the restaurants is good, but we especially enjoy the seafood or Italian. The Italian and the Wok both require reservations, which can be annoying, but not terribly so.
Drinking and socializing are a big part of the Temptation experience in my opinion. We have met many friends there over the years and enjoy that aspect of the resort. But if that's not your cup of tea and you'd rather lay low, that's also respected.
The entertainment at the sexy pool during the day is usually a good time. When we were there this last time, we really enjoyed JJ and Kristen. The staff plays games with the guests and generally have fun. There is sometimes brief nudity involved and of course, tequila. It's all in good fun. Again, participation is not mandatory and you can certainly choose other activities.
There are three pools: the sexy pool is the main pool, the sports pool and a quiet pool. There is also beach with plenty of lounge chairs. Additionally, you can wind surf or paddle board free of charge.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view. If quiet is important to you, ask for building 1 or 5.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Lynette F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Resort was excellent and I cant fault it BUT! be careful how use your credit card. I only used my credit card once and that was inside the resort hotel at one of their cash machines. Withdraw cash no problem but what I didn't realise was my credit card was cloned and some person was trying to use it in Peru of all places. I found this all out after I had returned home to UK and I had the fraud department from my credit card company contacting me to ask about some transactions that were made using my card. Thankfully they didn't go through!!! but the person had tried to purchase stuff in Peru.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank sammy t
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My friend and I spent one night there before heading to the Melia down the road. It's great for partying, the rooms are nice and spacious, all inclusive. I wouldn't say it's a place to see beautiful people, however, it's a place to see fun people. If you're looking for a place that is entertaining such a foam party, loud rowdy people but in good spirits nonetheless, this is the place to check out. The decor (being honest) is red and white so it sets the mood for bow chick a wow wow ambiance. Apparently, it's a swingers place, we saw some breasts out and googly eyes. The first five minutes a guy walked up to us at reception and said, "You better keep on eye on her" so I guess I was a piece of meat. I wasn't entirely aware of the ambiance until my buddy gave me the low down about the place.

Overall, it was fun for the night we were there and I do recommend it if you're looking for a good time in all inclusive resort, kids not allowed I think. For obvious reasons.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the main street and we were totally ok with it. I'm sure beachside is...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank TravelingYoginista
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was invited along for a trip with a group of friends who go annually. As far as the resort itself, we had a great experience. The outdoor nightclub was amazing, our poolside room was nice and the cleaning, restaurant and even t staff were all amazing. We also took the yacht out for a day and it was a highlight of our trip. GREAT staff on the boat and really accommodating. I was pretty disappointed when, upon check out, I was chastised and not allowed to leave the resort because my room mate had charged bottles of wine from our dinners that week to the room. They had his credit card, and he was checking out later that morning. Because I left really early in the morning, I had stayed in while everyone went out and they couldn't get a hold of him so they expected me to pay the bill for the wine. Because I hadn't ordered it, I couldn't even check the bill to see if it was correct. Two desk employees yelled at me when I went to text friends to see if I could sort it out or get a hold of anyone. I was expected to text while they continued to chastise me for almost half an hour, making almost miss my flight. I had also removed my wristband before leaving the a friends room and was given a $50 charge for it. I was NEVER told this when I checked in but that was disregarded by the staff as untrue even though I had checked in with someone else. I almost missed my flight because they wouldn't call me a cab or let me leave without yelling at me. Just overall, awful way to end an otherwise good vacation. I literally left in tears. Terribly unprofessional and overly aggressive for the situation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
16 Thank Chase P
montreal
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went to Temptation resort for my bachelor party! Great experience the food was really food people were fun, beach not so great... Loved the vibe that everyone was open, lots of naked women and adult shows going on 24/7...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank mh7784
s-o-t
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Went here on 8th August with two friends. Very good place to stay. Nice relaxed atmosphere everywhere. Yes its an adults only hotel and people moan about "Swingers" but from my experience here they were just relaxed people having fun. Everyone is very friendly and we spoke to lots of people here.
There are themed nights, we didn't join in but if you do you will make friends and have lots of fun.
Bar service and drinks are great, make sure you tip , they really deserve it.
Sexy pool is basically a pool party all day, great fun.
Restaurants are all good, buffet is a good standard, the a la carte restaurants are better. Seafood is great. Even the snack bar is great. Food available all night at Patty'os.
Rooms are a good size and cleaned daily, Air con is a god send !
Beach is ok water is very warm and you can take a drink from the bar to the beach no problem.
All the staff are very friendly and helpful and deserve a special mention, TIP THEM THEY DESERVE IT.
Entertainment is great all day and all night, basically a 24hr party resort !
Only bad point is wifi is £9 for 24hrs ! Ouch ! I would at least expect free wifi in the lobby/bar area.
If you go to Coco Bongos for a night out i recommend you book the gold VIP seating area as when we went it was alarmingly full of people and this spoils it, but on saying that it is a very good show.

All in all i would recommend this hotel to anyone and will probably be visiting again, just get some free wifi in the bar !!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank revvie1
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were greeted by an employee who began by telling us we booked through a third party and over paid. Next time book directly. Then he tried to book us on the complimentary breakfast /time share. While still trying to be pleasant after long travel - he looked at our family of three - all 21 years and up and said we wouldn't have a good time because we were with them. At this point I got up and insisted on our room. Television reception fuzzy. Food was good. Entertainment - ugh! Under the guise of fun, guest who should not be exposing private body parts go around naked. Over aged male predators hit on single females half their age to the point of being annoying. Entertainment staff swears and tries to think of countless words to refer to the human anatomy to get a laugh. Please guys - it's a family vacation! Resort seemed to be well maintained.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank travel2maui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
#86 of 175 in Cancun
Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun

Been to Temptation Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!