“pretty good”

Ranked #90 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Okotoks, Canada
“pretty good”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

check in was a nightmare given 2 rooms both occupied third time was a charm and finally got an unoccupied room.
Food and drinks were great but most of the restaurants were closed for some reason the Italian, Mexican and buffets were all the options available.
Rooms were nice and clean but housekeeping eager in the mornings to clean as they woke us up by 9 am to come clean.
Staff were great and friendly.
Due to us being moved from Oasis Tulum to Oasis Cancun as we were robbed there the first day and they lack of response from the management we will not be returning to any Oasis resort in the future.

2 Thank slwilli
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us, please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay.

Regardless of the issues, we are extremely happy to know you enjoyed our rooms and personalized service we offer, we will congratulate our staff for making your stay more gratifying.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to change your perception of us.

Best Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We went as a group of 4 (mid 20’s) from Nov 1st-8th and stayed at the Grand Oasis. I personally have been there once before (Oasis Cancun) and loved it. I recommended it to my friends because of the party scene. I was worried that they would not enjoy it how I did (because of reading these reviews). By the end of the trip, they all said, this resort (Grand Oasis) will now be an annual trip! Everyone had a great time!

First off, Grand Oasis is incredible! The amount of bad reviews I have read on here is incredible. Some of the complaints are ridiculous too like “There was water leaking on the lobby floor.” Does that honestly ruin your trip? But to each their own I guess.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the friendly Grand Oasis staff. ALL of them spoke English! On a side note, ALL staff that I spoke to throughout my week spoke English other than the cleaning ladies for the rooms. All waiters, bartenders, lobby, spoke English (unless I was just lucky). Back to arrival, one staff member in particular deserves recognition. PEDRO at the Grand Oasis lobby was incredible. His English is perfect, helpful 10/10, and went above and beyond. I went to him on a daily basis to just say hi because of his service. He helped me get an iron for me the one day so I could iron my dress shirts. Lastly, I learnt he knows Russian as well! If that’s not above and beyond service, I do not know what is. We briefly spoke Russian, and he said he is learning because of all the Russian guests they get. I was impressed beyond words.

So the group of 4 of us had 2 rooms. Both rooms were incredible, same floor and 3 doors down. AC worked AMAZING, as well as everything else. Ie Flat screen tv, toilet and bath. (For those complaints that the water was not draining fast enough during your shower, then maybe you should shorten your shower or just stay at home.) 2 pops, 2 beers and 2 waters restocked each day. And I mean if you wanted, you could ask the guy going down the hall with the cart and he would give you a couple. I dont see the big problems. So ya, room, 10/10.

Let me just add, if you’re coming to this resort, just book the GRAND oasis. It is sooooooo worth it. No one explains it but basically it is the SAME resort/property BUT the GRAND oasis gets you all the restaurants and you are obviously in the better building (pyramid building middle of resort). Its worth it, plain and simple!

FOOD – 10/10. Don’t get me wrong, you just have to think ahead a day or 2 so you can try to go to as many of them as possible. Since we went in nov, it was not super busy so we did not even have to make reservations. Marketplace Buffet (Grand Oasis ppl) is AMAZING. Special recognition to ELGIO. He was a waiter there and he always had a smile, helpful and those are the kind of ppl you want working. All others were great but he stood out. I kept reading about the VIP Lounge on the main floor of the Grand Oasis. Very nice place, it is a smaller, more low key restaurant for its Grand guests. They only do breakfast and lunch but its delicious and presentation is a 10. We enjoyed Marketplace and VIP lounge so much that we alternated between the 2 for breakfast and lunch. We went to almost every restaurant, Dos Lunas was incredible as well and they had a nice performance of dancing and singing during meal. We basically went to all restaurants. Lastly, we found out that GRAND guests can do the Careyes. Which is a hidden restaurant (high class) on the main floor of the Grand building. The reservations were 3 days in advance but WHO CARES, you’re there for a week. You just need to plan ahead. It was very classy , the food was incredible and service was great.
During the day you have huts set up throughout the resort that serve Sushi, burgers, fries, hot dogs etc. Plus don’t forget about all the drinks you can order. You can just do the liquid diet some days ;) Special shout outs to CHRISTIAN the bartender at the Sushi bar. He made great drinks and really friendly.

Our group went for the partying so we loved hanging out at the pool near the stage and Sushi Bar. The music would always be bumping and lots of young people mingling. But I would take walks to other ends of the pool and it would be so nice and quiet where I would see people lounging on more comfortable poolchairs and their kids playing. This resort is so big that you can pick the scene you enjoy!

Before I talk about nightlife, I suggest checking the TV screen on grand oasis lobby that shows all the events set out for the week. Try to check out as many of these and plan other stuff around it. Ie go check out Kinky Night club, watch the performance in the grand oasis itself, 10/10 by the way. We also did Coyote Logo a few nights and it was amazing. Considering this is a bar on the resort, lots of fun. Huge projection screen with music videos, good music, great place overall. We also went off the resort and that was fun but this resort has so much to offer that maximize it!

Special shout outs to Sports Bar because it is also a fun place to just sit and relax. And HENRY at the sports bar is hilarious. Good guy! I will attach some pictures.

I know this is a long one but basically wanted to offer tips on this place. Grand Oasis is the way to go! Lastly, bring some tip money. Why the hell not. It makes your trip so much better. I would always have 1 USD’s in my pocket and just give them out at dinners, bartenders, guys buffing the floors, lobby ppl etc. It makes your stay so much better, I personally think they remember. Or maybe I lucked out and just kept getting GREAT service allll week. You will love this resort!
Mike L

5 Thank Mike L
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

We are glad you enjoyed our daily activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.

It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our staff; we are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you and your friends again on your next visit to Cancun!

Georgia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The grounds of the property is very nice. The rooms seem to be moldy but from other reviews I think it is typical for the area. There was a bad storm and our room flooded, and Gerardo B. was very nice and accommodating. He immediately switched our room and even upgraded our room. All the staff I encountered were friendly, and helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs. The breakfast at Marketplace was delicious especially with the fresh made to order omelets and Dos Lunas as well. Great nightly entertainment as well. I loved shopping a Market 28 downtown Cancun. I would consider returning.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the pyramid.
1 Thank Alexandra H
Dear Alexandra,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service.

We are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.

Also, we are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities and entertainment we offer.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I want to thank Robin Perez Hernandez and his entire staff for yet another wonderful stay. We arrived Oct 25th and left Nov1st. I have been going to Cancun since 1994 and I go several times per year. I will only stay at the Grand Oasis because they have always delivered excellent customer service all around. We stayed in a jr suite where the hot tub came in handy. The room was large, clear and very very cool. Our room was cleaned daily and our frig was stocked daily with bottled water, soft drinks and beer. The bars were around every corner with bartenders ready to serve you. The VIP lounge was excellent from breakfast, lunch, tea time, dinner to lovely cocktails. However, the food was exceptional this time....not one of the many restaurants disappointed. The food was amazing. I really enjoyed the nightly shows along with the onsite nightclubs...sooo much fun! Lastly, the grounds are so well kept...just walking throughout the resort is just beautiful...and the ocean...that ocean is the best and the beach is well kept. This was yet another amazing stay. We will be back in the spring. Take it from someone who has stayed at almost every hotel in Cancun....this hotel with NOT disappoint you!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sonya C
Dear Sonya,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

We are glad you enjoyed our restaurants, facilities, daily shows and activities, since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.
It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our staff; we will surely congratulate them for their terrific job.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room was not completely clean, there was water on the hall, restrooms dirty... Service was awful, i went to ask for towels several times, they had very few good channels on tv, check in and check out took me about an hour...

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HotelClient15
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations, but we really appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted with our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.

Bronx, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my boyfriend and I's first trip together, we arrived the 3rd of November and met with the front desk to get our keys, she gave us green bracelets that said "OasisLovesU" Come to find out those weren't the right ones, we got told we couldn't enter in some restaurants due to the color of our bracelets. Thank god I spoke spanish, if not we wouldn't have been eating. Also got denied drinks after 9pm...UM DIDN'T WE PAY FOR ALL INCLUSIVE?! Also had to explain and had to tip the guy a little extra. Next day had a random guest open our room door while we were in the room, ready to unload his luggage. Spoke to the front desk and was told they would "fix it" never got a "SORRY" or here's for our mistakes....oh and we stood with the green bracelets. WEATHER was horrible maybe 2 days out of our 4 were fairly okay. So my advice don't go in November, A LOT of rain! Also DO NOT book any excursions with the people in the lobby, we booked all of ours the day of arrival (Sunday) and had one for Tuesday with them and the guy booked it wrong and we totally missed our excursion. Not our fault, but they tried to talk us into booking it for the next day...so we did. But then we went downstairs and spoke to the company OLYMPUS, our company for transportation and they had great deal on excursions and were more trustworthy, so we booked a club with them ( Senor Frog's ) and the excursion at selvatica for ATVS, which by the way was amazing! SELVATICA is an great place and the staff is great....Nel, Cuko and Jhony are so funny. Anyways we got picked up at the right time and had a great time. Hotel is nice don't get me wrong, just needs a little fixing and staff needs to be shown manners and english because not everyone speaks spanish.

Room Tip: Building 5 (main building) is were I stood, very loud. They have shows some nights right outside you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations, but we appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here last December 2012 during the end of the world thing and enjoyed the hotel amenities and location the best. This is is large hotel and one of the few in the strip that has a tennis court and golf course.

The good:
The beach was wonderful and twice as long as the other hotels due to its size. Many cabana beds but you have to get up early to place your towel on it to reserve it (1st come 1st served). The Ibiza beach bar was good to have if you want to liven things more during the day. The beach had very little kelp, no rocks and was shallow going into the water which makes this a friendly beach for most.
The food selection was very good (25 bars and restaurants) that kept you interested in eating, although
there are some seasonal restaurants/bars like the Tapas bar that are not open all the time.
The Breakfast buffet, gym and lunch restaurant face the ocean so you can enjoy the view more often.

The bad:
Rooms were not that large ocean front but does have a balcony. The balcony furniture was not top end but did the job. The beds were comfortable but the bathrooms were small. The tub could have been made nicer (fittings were not working perfectly). Look to book in a better room. I hear that the main building has the better rooms/suites so I would ask (I have not seen them).
Room service was slow...very slow and sometimes they don't answer for a while.

I would like to stay at this hotel again mainly because of its size (lots to do) and the beach quality.
I would try for a better room nxt time.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms have no obtruction to view the beach but are a little small. If you want a better...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jose S
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Jose,

Also, this comments helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

Thank you for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable, we are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities and specially our beautiful beach.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the future.

Best regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Grand Oasis Sens
Grand Oasis Sens
#84 of 175 in Cancun
Great Parnassus Family Resort

Been to Grand Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!