Grand Oasis Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Oh! by Oasis(Cancun)
View Hotel
Smart Cancun by Oasis(Cancun)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Rivemar(Cancun)
11,087 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were bery disappointed with the Grand Oasis for a few reasons: didn't get the rooms we paid for, the food was certainly not what we expected and the service, well let's just say they need some hospitality training. How can a resort like this run out of towels both for the pool and the hotel rooms? They advertisement of 18 restaurants is very misleading. There may be a group of restaurants but you can't tell when you go from the Grand Oasis to the lesser resort of the Oasis. They have a policy to only change American Dollars to pesos--what? don't expect to get a lounge on the beach or the pool unless you get up at the crack of dawn! Dinner reservations? Well you better get up early for that too! Room service--free? You're kidding right? The food may be free, but there is a service charge EVERY TIME!! You hardly ever get what you order. They are subbing all the time! One last thing...take your glasses or a magnifying glass for the teeny tiny map they provide you to get around--it's almost useless!

Best parts of this place was my massages by Dahlia. They were the best! Also, the five young people in the Information Office. Carolos, Antonio, Sabina, Maritza and Simona. They were fabulous and helped us in so many ways!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Barbara P
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Barbara,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your experience. We regret not having met your expectations and please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. All your comments are fully considered in order to improve our range of services and facilities.

Despite this, we are glad you received a great service from our staff, they work really hard to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have an amazing experience. We greatly appreciate the special mention of those members of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to change your perception of us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Jan 8th to the 15th , 2014.

Service is terrible, the rooms are terrible, the rooms are leaking from the ceiling, my toilet was not working. the bathroom has no ceiling fan, which it makes the bathroom very hot and humid. The A/C has only one level for the fan power, which also makes the room extremely hot at night. (there is a nob, but it's not working)

This resort is suppose to be all inclusive, but yet they only serve you 2 small water bottle on demand. if you want more they attempt to extorted money out of your pocket.
Restaurants are terrible and not clean at all and the food is F**** terrible.

Has for the pool and the beach, the pool bar are to busy and the bartenders are providing a mediocre service to each client. More after, they only serve 2 drinks per person at one time.
One of the bar buy the beach, you have to go around the bar to get serve and not the bartender coming to you an asking what king of drink would you like?

Peoples are puking in the pool and having sexual inter-coarse at night also in the.... pool area. This place is very welcoming for the young crowd from 18-20 years of age.
this same crowd (mostly from Quebec, Canada) they only one thing they do or know is: Flight to Mexico, Cancun to flex their muscles for the girls, creating massive brawls around the pool area with other young males when they had too much to drink. Also Quebecois are very annoying on this resort (not every where) with there stupid song "Ole, Ole, Ole" that, actually belongs to a soccer team..

Has for the beach, well the sand is soiled with vomit and and spit.. but thank god the ocean still okay... well has far has it goes.
So in general this place is:" DO NOT GO, DO NOT RECOMMEND AND DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY O THIS PLACE"

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Guillaume P
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

¨
We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services to all of our guests.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future to enhance your experience and perception of the Hotel.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Check in lasted over an hour after a 10hr flight. They could not find our reservations, we handed in all our documentation confirming our reservations. Was infirm that their offices are closed Saturdays and Sundays and so our problem could not be seen to until Monday. We stated that we wanted a room what would we do till Monday. Was given one room even though we were a party of 4 my 21 yr old daughter with her friend my husband and myself. Demanded a second room, we were then asked to give our credit card details for payment in case our reservation was not found.
The two rooms were sub standard I have photos to prove the state of the room. No way hotel is a 4 star plus as they advertise. We were lucky travelling with Thompson we contacted 24 hr helpline and our rep in cancun sorted our rooms out the following day. So we practically missed out on a whole day of our holiday sorting our rooms and reservation.

Room Tip: Best to have a travel rep and try not to be given a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 515Chaps

Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had at the front desk, so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have been to several resorts including a few around Mexico. This resort was by far the worst oi had ever been into. We had issues from the moment we got to the front desk. I was travelling with a group of couples, 8 of us in total. We had paid fro the oceanfront rooms which they stated to us had been all full and also said "You never paid for oceanfront, you get a basic room." After showing on our paperwork where we upgraded rooms they said "sorry, all full." So we agreed to stay the night in the "basic" room and relocate in the morning. The room was SO bad, as soon as we walked in we could smell this musty, humid, gut wrenching stink. The sink didn't work nor did the toilet flush. We just accepted it for what it was since it was only for the night. The next day I was up early so as to get a better room before they had booked them all. While at the front desk i was told that i had a room reserved but it would not be ready till "lunch time." So i headed back to my room where we proceeded to pack up our bags for our departure to our new room. We returned to the front desk at 1230 with all our luggage in hand. They told me the room was being "worked on" and it would be another hr. So they offered to hold our bags at the front desk but being with other couples i figured its better if we just place our luggage in one of those rooms until our room was done. After an hr I returned to the front desk to get my new room keys hoping to start my day. I was told again "your room is being worked on sir, please come back in an hr." At this point i'm beginning to get a little red in the face. So i asked for the room number in which they gave it to me. I walked all the way back to the other side of the resort to take a look for myself what was happening with the room. After another 5+ minute walk i get to the door and... NOTHING! I walk back to the front desk (5+ minutes) and by this time its after 2pm. I request my room again and he states "please come back after 330." At this time i had finally blown, it had been 24 hrs and i still didnt have the right room. I asked to see the manager. The manager came over and stated he had no room for us. I LOST IT, i demanded a room as i was staying in a room with our friends and i wanted to carry on with my day. "Room 1217" as he slid the keys over and glared at me. We got to the room and discovered the toilet didnt work, no fridge, tub was plugged, one sink didnt work, that putrid smell was there as well, and the door doesnt lock-WOW! Keep in mind this is our first interaction with the resort. Over our holiday we experienced so, so many terrible interactions with staff. They have no food available from 11 am till 1 pm on the resort as everywhere closes at those times. I will list the most frustrating things about the resort as follows- No towels at the pool (ran out), only two 500ml bottles of water per room per day(additional available at cost) and only in the room if you request them(not left on the counter after room service), towels are taken if you leave them in the tub and not replaced (again,only if requested), food was very limited(they would tell us they only have burgers left EVERYDAY, and they even ran out of cheese), only two drinks per person at the bar(some cases they refused to make the drinks we requested and just served the next person), VERY dirty( smoke butts in the pool as well as empty cups), not as many bars as indicated online(one bar with two bartenders counts as two bars), restaurants are very limited and food wasnt hot one time, every room that we all had was leaking water from somewhere (even over the bed in one room) and the refused to relocate anybody. Overall the resort was a terrible experience, it was run down, dirty and the service was extremely bad. We did run into a few good servers and they got tipped really good since it was such a relief to see a smile and feel like the holiday was stress free even if just for a moment. We had all agreed on or experience on the resort and while talking to random people we had met throughout the holiday the buzz seemed to be resort wide. If your a rounger person that doesnt care about food or service then the resort might be ok as long as its under 1000 all in, but for us (in our 30's) we hated it. We actually discussed either taking an early flight back or paying to stay at another resort but decided to try to make the best of it. We got home, burnt out and stressed out. We went for a nice dinner as soon as we landed, excited for a hot meal that wasnt hamburgers. We arent the pickiest people by any means and i feel our group was a really casual, easy going group but at some point in different situations we all reached our breaking point. My advice is to PLEASE, PLEASE look at other options as this resort is on its last life and it made for my first all inclusive NiGHTMARE. Oh and i forgot to mention the large cut I received in my foot from the pool bottom which is missing a ton of tiles and the twisted ankle i received after stepping in a hole on the sidewalk that one of the workers had dug earlier that day, it was in pitch black and no pylon or anything-CRUNCH!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dusty T

Dear guest,

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted with our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was my first all inclusive vacation. Other then the rooms being out dated, damp and musky smelling the resort itself was beautiful and I had a great and fun vacation. I didn't spend much time in the room other then to sleep so the rooms were good enough for that.

The food offered was a good variety and I enjoyed most things that I ate and tried, maybe a little too much since I tended to eat a lot more food then I normally would.

When my friends and I went to Joy's (Italian restaurant on the resort), we met Cornellio who took great care of us and was very attentive and funny. We really enjoyed him as our waiter and even though pizza took a while to bake in the kiln it was worth the wait and with our Cornellio checking in and making sure our needs were met with the drinks and other food ordered we really didn't mind the wait.

During our 7 days on the resort we went a few times to the Hacienda Sarape Restaurant which served Mexican food. This is where we first met Adrian who was another server that became a quick favourite of ours. He was very friendly, funny, attentive and welcoming which goes a very long way in my opinion. Our lunch that day when he was there was very enjoyable because of his excellent service and welcoming presence. We always enjoyed the food at the restaurant but it was not the same if Adrian was working elsewhere when we went in. The good thing is we did run into Adrian at the Buffet on our last day at the resort and we were all very happy to see him so we could say our farewells and let him know what great service he provided and that even though it was a few days before that we saw him and met him for the first time he was very memorable to us and made a great impression. Adrian is very good at what he does and can keep up with the pace while still being so friendly and providing your with such excellent service.

During our stay on the resort drinks were definitely big with us. We usually stayed around the pool so we could get our drinks from our 2 favourite bartenders there. If we were in the pool we enjoyed being served by Carlos who always made us laugh and remembered our drinks. If we were dry we would go to the bar by the Beach Club where we would wait to be served by Oscar. He always knew exactly how we liked our drinks and remembered what we were drinking no matter how often or not we went up so ever if the other bartender was available to serve me while Oscar was serving someone else I would just let him know I would wait for Oscar since he knew exactly how I liked my drinks. Oscar was funny and full of energy which is a perfect fit for not just being a bartender but being on a resort. His energy was quick to rub off on us.

One thing that we did experience some issues with was the maid service. We would have towels removed but not put back so we would have to call for them to bring some to the rooms as well as our 2 bottles of water that were to be left each day for us was not left so we would have to call to get those as well. The last 2 days there this problem seemed to be resolved and we had towels left for us as well as water without us having to call when we returned to the room. It was minor but was slightly annoying since it should be automatic.

Overall the resort was good, the beach was beautiful and we were well taken care of. If the rooms were up to par then really there would be nothing to complain about. Even though the rooms could have used some work the beds were very comfortable. The resort has great facilities and wonderful people who work there with a few that really stood out to us. So a big thank you to Cornellio, Adrian, Carlos and Oscar for making our stay that much more enjoyable and memorable. We will remember you always and hope to come back to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
It is amazing to know that your stay with us has motivated to share such a great review about our hotel. Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable.

We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer. Our staff is always working hard to satisfy our guests so they can have an amazing experience.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the future.