“Nice hotel, but felt little bit short on SOLO GRAND offer”
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Grand Oasis Cancun
Ranked #87 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Mexico City, Mexico
“Nice hotel, but felt little bit short on SOLO GRAND offer”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice hotel, with amazing beach and beach side facilities. If you go there for sure wake up little bit early and book a bed in the beach spa. Worth the 250MXN for sure.

Rooms and overall feel of the hotel is nice, with neat and clean feel for it. Pool and around the pool facilities are the same.

You can book a room as a solo grand, where you have access to all restaurants, and only oasis where your choice is limited. We visited all of them and you don't get any difference in the quality. The food and drinks are completely the same. They should make the effort you feel the difference

As for drink this from my point the hotels worst part. Only basic mixes, small plastic glasses, only one pool and few out pool bars. Way to much ice in drinks.
WIFI can't be booked on room, you need to pay credit online, or buy stupid prepaid in machine. Plus we had last room, and WIFI was not available there.

Nice hotel, but with room for improvement on some stuff.

Room Tip: Try not to get the last room (end of hotel) as the WIFI don't work there. Plus hotel room lookin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

We regret that we have not fulfilled your expectations and we invite you to visit our website so you can get to know more information about our sister resorts and their concepts, and maybe in the near future we can host you once again.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to change your perception of us.

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,085)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 May 2014

this resort was garbage. I'll start by saying the check in process was the worst i'd ever had and took over in an hour waiting in a hot room with no a/c. Everyone was getting pissed off, it seemed like they had no organization method for keeping track of the reservations. After finally getting a room, we go in the a/c is barely working no fridge no wifi etc, also had water damage and leaking spots in the ceiling and its right next to the beach which is blasting music at an stupid volume. I went down to ask for the supervisor to change rooms who seemed nice but said he couldn't do anything today and to come back tmrw to see if they could.
So we come back the next day and instead of changing the rooms they upgrade us to the grand oasis which is the other half of the resort and has more bars places to eat, more pool area etc, so we decided we would take that option. Every places we went had the same problems, the staff were incredibly rude and some of them barely spoke english, it seemed like they were overworked and hated being there. One night we went to a lounge to get drinks and the guy working there wasn't serving anybody and people were all looking pissed off. It was honestly brutal. We had to go to the strip club just to get a drink (what kind of resorts have strip clubs anyways?). We go out for food one night to the sushi place they had, i ordered a pad thai and it came out barely even warm, the noodles weren't even cooked. I got up and left. The pool service was also brutal, we had security kicking us out of the pool at 8pm! how do you treat paying customers like that?
Every night we were kept up by loud people shouting at like 4 am and running around slamming doors, and woken up early by construction going on right outside our balcony. Funny how the security kicks you out of the pool early but has no problem with people disturbing the guests in the early hours or the morning.
What a waste of a vacation everywhere you go to you have to wait ages to be served lousy food and poorly mixed drinks, it seems like this place only caters to drunk teenagers and spanish locals which there was tons of them. The only thing i liked about this place was the beach but you could get that kind of beach anywhere. Avoid this place like the plague spend more money and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: just avoid the place all together
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dan P
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations, we appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

We will be paying special attention to the maintenance and cleanliness of our facilities, since our guests comfort and security is one of our main goals.
We greatly appreciate all the suggestions you mentioned, they certainly help us improve in order to satisfy the expectations of our future guests the best way possible.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.

Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in the Grand Oasis and the resort had the most horrible service. The Wet bar in the room was supposed to be stocked with water daily and it took from Sunday to Tuesday to get it stocked. Once the refrigerator was stocked we found that the the refrigerator did not work and it took 4-5 calls to front desk. NO SERVICE PROVIDED. Then I go to the Manager and he stated that it would be taken care of. STILL NO SERVICE. I then call back to the front desk and ask what the deal was that we payed a premium cost for all-inclusive and that the refrigerator was not working and they stated that they would replace refrigerator. 20min later a guy came to the room with new refrigerator and I explained that we arrived on Sunday and that it is now Wednsday before we had a functioning refrigerator with beverages in it and he stated that this was the first time they had heard of an issue in the room. All I could think of from this point is that "Who do you ask if the manager of the resort cant take care of the issues???? HORRIBLE SERVICE! I will never stay here again...

Room Tip: Do Not stay in rooms 4616 or 4616-S Terrible room. You can see all the way around door, their was a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeremy H
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to let you know we are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

We sincerely apologize for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.

Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This resort had the worst food out of any I have ever stayed. Even if you were drunk you had to choke down the terrible food they served. The buffets were understaffed and had very little variety. The sushi at the japanese restaurant was probably the worst i've ever had. Any bar you went to you had to wait 10 minutes for a maximum of two drinks per person even if you were tipping well. You room would not be cleaned sometimes till late in the afternoon and they woudnt change the sheets and towels unless you asked them. My sheets had blood or puke stained on them it was disgusting.The shower in our room was falling apart and didn't smell very nice. The only good things i have to say about this resort was coyote loco and the beach dj were fun but other than that i would not consider this much of an "entertainment resort". I would never return to this resort and for all the people who complain about to many drunken teenagers, i saw many older couples and a lot of guy on steroids who just want to fight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank tfosterr
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that we haven't met your expectations, we would like to sincerely apologize and inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service.

Furthermore, we invite you to visit our website to have more information about our hotel offer and their concepts, maybe in the near future we can host you again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you are to visit Cancun, I suggest bringing a friend who can speak the language. If you do not have this luxury, say no to everybody who approaches you and your party. Lots of people want to invite you to a presentation. If a person approaches you and seems to want to help you in any way, run the other way. You are doing yourself a favor. I however fell into this trap and I was stuck listening to this Russian guy who wants to sell me a membership at this Resort. 4.5 hours of my life that I will not get back. They will tell you that the "presentation" is only 90 minutes, what they are not telling you is 90 minutes is true but you need to multiply those times by 3 the hotel service sucked, we asked for extra towels and I even visited the front desk numerous times but the towels never showed up. I had to wait for the cleaning service to get extra towels. I almost forgot, our luggage was not in our room when got there and this is our group spending almost five hours in the resort. When we called for our luggage, we had to wait over an hour for them to arrive. The room smells of sewer, our shower head was leaking, I saw a maintenance guy on our floor, he did look at it, but he never came back to fix it the balcony was full of cigarette buts. I asked to be moved, but there was no other room available at the time. Really, 1700 rooms and nothing are available. I don't think so. Our fridge was re-filled on occasion, the walls between rooms must be made of paper as I can hear the TV next door and what every activity the people next door are doing. During our 7 nights stay, there has never been a single night where it was quiet outside our rooms, People yelling in Spanish, English and at times German at three o'clock in the morning, door constantly slamming hard. The only good this is the food, but after seven days, all of the food started to taste the same, the a la carte restaurant do not serve enough, unless you order two of each item. I will not stay at this resort again. I suggest to anyone, who wants to stay at this resort to think about it, read all of the reviews, and then decide to go elsewhere. I am going back next year, I am staying a Moon Palace, I will write a review of that place afterwards.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Pareng
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went there for my Senior Trip. It was awesome!

First off, the only bad things about the hotel would be the food at the international buffet (except for breakfast), the fact that my room had two broken light bulbs, and my busted shower-head.
However these could have been easily fixed.

The Dos Lunas place was great (awesome pizzas), and so was the steakhouse. Although service at some restaurants could be painfully slow at times (looking at you Joy's Trattoria).

However my favorite part of the hotel were the bartenders by the sushi place. The bartenders there were Ignacio, and Omar and they were some of the chillest dudes I've ever met. Especially Ignacio, as he served one mean turbo (vodka+tequila shot).

Props to the hotel for hiring such genuine, funny, and honest people. Oh yeah, Ernesto, the guy in charge of the pyramid I was at was also pretty cool and informative. The bartenders of the bars during by the beach parties were pretty completely different however.

Overall, Grand Oasis is a great place to stay if you're looking for a hotel during Spring Break. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pedro W
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Despite this, we greatly appreciate the special mention of those members of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant. We will surely congratulate them for their amazing job.

Also, it is nice to know that you enjoyed the pool area, the beach and that you enjoyed our distinguished Restaurant.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future to enhance your experience and perception of the Hotel.

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent just four nights at this resort...just wanted to get away from the cold for a while and man nice 88 degrees the whole time we were there...just beautiful.
To start our trip we got to the hotel around 2pm we checked in got resort bracelets and then we are told our room isn't ready and to come back around 3 to get our room key OK no big deal we had a guy show us where to get some food (try and find it yourself they are timeshare people wanting u to get up early and join them for a welcome breakfast. Which is an all day timeshare presentation.) We said no to people 4 times before it even hit 3 pm. Once we got to the VIP buffet we got a nice mixed drink and a little food nothing to brag about. However u must try the watermelon drink in the buffet very good. After we ate we wondered the resort for a while took photos like everyone else went back to the front desk to get our room key its 3:15 still not ready come back in 30 minutes... OK now I'm getting sleepy just want to lay down or go swimming but we cant touch our bags since we don't know our room number which is stupid. So since we are staying in the grand we had access to the VIP bar nice air conditioning and snacks all day don't forget about the breakfast in the morning so u don't have to wait in the long buffet lines. So 40 minutes pass and we can finally get to our room....
Before we get our key the front desk person tells us if u lose your bracelet its 150 US dollars to replace it OMG for real?? That's crazy...then its another 100 if u lose the red towels for the beach (we brought our own so didn't have to worry about that) they never said anything to us about the safe so we thought hey free safe awesome...nope tell them u need one not sure how much it cost but we never used one and nothing got taken even had important stuff laying out.
Anyway moving on if your in the grand u have access to all restaurants/bars and only two restaurants need reservations the Mexican open only for dinner and one other I can't remember sorry...they also need to be made one day in advance... a must try is the steakhouse amazing we didn't try it until our last night and my husband looked and me and said why haven't we Ben eating here the whole time?? I agreed. No ice cream at this resort there is a machine just out of order...buffets are nothing special Mexican for lunch is pretty good and the Italian restaurant for lunch and dinner is really good...pasta bar only has two burners so if your not in line right away u will be waiting a while.
We never had a problem finding chairs on the beach or by the pool there are so many so I don't know why people complain about that.
The clubs are fun kinky was the best. Coyote loco was OK very loud and that's where all the really drunk people would hang out...I think it was Russia's spring break or something it seemed like those were the only people there. We did meet some really awesome girls from Canada our last day. They were pretty much the only people we found who spoke English while we were there. The pool and beach bars close really early and none of the have the same drinks which is strange. One day one bar ran out of everything but beer and another bar didn't have beer at all.... just weird I thought. The nightclubs close around 1am still early but they make your drinks stronger as the night goes so u pass out.
Like other people said if u want sleep stay on the grand side not oasis side. Almost forgot to mention they have nightly shows at 8pm in the pyramid they are good shows so if u don't have plans one night check the show out. They have beautiful peacocks roaming the grounds but by the end of my four nights I was so sick of the sound they make...and it starts at like 6am and goes until say 1am I don't think they ever sleep...so all in all we had a good time didn't get sick just a little burnt :)
Im pretty sure if we had the chance to go back to this resort we would but with a group of people. If its just my husband and I again we will check out one of the other oasis resorts.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nikibre
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

It is amazing to know that your stay with us has motivated to share such a great review about our hotel.

Also, thank you for your observations and comments, we will definitely consider them as areas of opportunity to continue providing the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.

Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable, an important part of our effort is to create unforgettable experiences and our entertainment department works hard to offer shows and activities to achieve it.

It is very pleasant for us to know that you had a great time and a wonderful vacation. We look forward to see you again soon!

Best regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Smart Cancun by Oasis
Grand Oasis Sens
Grand Oasis Sens
#83 of 175 in Cancun
Great Parnassus Family Resort

Been to Grand Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!