Grand Oasis Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Oh! by Oasis(Cancun)
View Hotel
Smart Cancun by Oasis(Cancun)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Rivemar(Cancun)
11,083 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wow. I travel a ton amd have never been to a worse resort. First check I was horrendous. We had to keep coming back until 4 to get our room. The maids stole my sunglasses. Eating at the Italian restaurant and a rat fell and broke it's neck inside. Instead of rushing to clean it up people stood around laughing and taking pictures. 5 min later they finally got to it. At happy chicken the fried chicken was literally bloody when i started eating it. If you aren't Mexican then good luck getting a beer from Raul at the pool. Timeshare people harass you everytime you walk through the pyramid. We were there for ten days for our honeymoon and were literally thinking of jumping on a plane and heading somewhere else to finish it out after day 3. When telling the manager all of these things just said "sorry". Pay more and go somewhere else. Horrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank bshane54
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. It is important to let you know that Cancún it's a tropical destinations and that's why that accident happened with that animal, which wasn't a rat, but a local roedor that's very common in the zone.
We also want to inform you that our hotel is audited and certified by a company that measures and ensures the high quality and hygiene of our ingredients. This way we make sure that every dish that leaves our kitchen meets our guests’ high standards.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Got a great deal on this trip as it is low season and really thought we had done our research. The lobby although busy has a spectacular waterfall. I started to have misgivings when they charged me $7 American a night for a lock on the room safe! After arriving in our room I was sure my wife would divorce me. The rooms although clean are extremely tired and out of date. The bathrooms have been redone-very poorly. We decided to walk around and salvage what we could of this disaster. The grounds pool areas and restauraunts seemed quite clean but there was a preponderance of very young very loud male guests. I talked to the manager and he very quickly moved us to a sister property. The staff as we experienced them were all very freindly and helpful but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone over the age of 25 who has experienced at least a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarmanandDonna
Atención C, R.P. at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us. It gives us great pleasure to know you enjoyed the pool area and our our personal team service. Also, we would like to let you know that despite being an all-inclusive resort, some amenities and services have an additional charge as stipulated on our website. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance with anything to make your next stay a unique experience.

Best regards.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderful customer service from Marco in Concierge; he was my go to guy whenever things did not suit my liking and made it better. Carlos !!! WOW!!!!! Coyote Karaoke Bar goodtimes. Carlos made me feel Tu Casa is me Casa. He knew me by name like a patron at Cheers. The entertainment phenomenal loved the outdoor activities big up to Jamie aka Jimmy aqua aerobics instructor. Thanks guys I had a GREAT TIME!!!

NGG

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and refer to concierge for all accomadations. Marco is his name.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service.
We are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our trip was July 21-July 25. I booked this hotel from Expedia. I ignored all the bad reviews but when I personally experienced those things I just realized they were right. No AC in the main lobby ( open garden style so that was fine) just go to the VIP lounge if you want AC. we got there around 1 pm so our room wasn't ready yet until 3pm they delivered our luggages around 3:30. Our room was 3435-S (standard/garden view room) located at the first right building if you're facing the beach. Poor AC The first night was a hard for us. Me, my husband and our 5 year old daughter didn't sleep that much b'coz it was so hot inside our room. I told the reception at 6pm on the first day about the AC they said they will send a maintenance guy to check it, no one came, I called again at 10pm they told me the same thing. When we woke up at 4pm because we were sweating I called them again finally a maintenance guy came fixing some wires up on the ceiling inside the room after approx 20 min he was done. ( to be honest nothing was really fixed beause it was still the same temp hot hot hot). The next morning we decided to buy a $24 USD electric fan at walmart and it was a really big help. We were not the only one who was complaining about the AC even the people who are staying at the ocean view room. I asked for a room change at first the guy at the reception named Arturo said they dont have available room anymore bcoz they were full but when I beg him he gave me another room card to check the room (second floor same building I forgot the room #) It was just the same, poor AC room. The bathroom tub was old you won't even let your kids to do bubble bath on it and it was clogged a little bit you need to wait minutes for the water to go down. The water splash from the shower was coming out from the glass divider and going down all the way at the bathroom floor ( that's why you need to put towels on the side of the tub ( you need extra towels for this ). I kept asking for the towels after 3 attempts that was the only time they gave us some ( I requested for 3 they gave us only 2). The beach was great the place was too big. You will enjoy the all inclusive food, drinks and the entertainment. Take advantage of the non motorized activities like peddle boat, kayak and sailing at the Aqua World ( infront of the 2nd building if you are facing the lagoon).

Room Tip: dont forget to bring an electric fan !!! If you want some excursion just go to the main Aqua world office outside the hotel to get the best deal. if you want a party area go to the left side of the hotel ( facing the beach) if you want a family more relax area stay to the right :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ten_escurel
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience regarding the air conditioning, we had a minor problem with it but we informed our maintenance department right away to fix the issue. We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the only hotel I've ever been to where the staff made it abundantly clear that they don't want you there.
We were each (group of 10) required to pay 200 pesos upon checking in. The receptionist said if we didn't like this we were free to leave, mind you this is after we had reserved online and already paid for the rooms. We escalated to the manager and he told us the same thing in an incredibly hostile manner, and also refused to give us any sort of receipt for this extra payment. Our experience at this hotel deteriorated even further after checking in.
Stay far away from here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joseph_Fulford

Dear Joseph:

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that the money they asked you to pay, its an obligatory insurance to keep young guests safe on Spring Break season.

Kind Regards