Grand Oasis Cancun
US$506
US$503
Bookit.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
Bookit.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$528
US$520
US$361
galahotels.com
11,220 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were 5 Irish girls travelling central america and to finish off we decided to treat ourselves to 5 days all inclusive. this hotel came highly recommended by friends and was the party one we were looking for. we were told by everyone to eat in the Italian and it did not disappoint. we ate there every night as the food there exceeded the food in all the other restaurants and the staff were so lovely and helpful especially Julio. He was extremely attentive, always topping up our wine and water glasses. It was one of the girls birthdays one night and he reserved us a table in his area. WIthout being asked he set the table up with streamers and confetti and whistles and organised a cake with candles. He was always so friendly and nice and really added to our experience. He manager was also very nice and helpful. I would recommend staying here and eating in Joys

oh and if you are looking for a helpful person on the front desk. talk to Mario....he would do anything for you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauraensor22
Atención C, R.P. at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted your stay with us has been such a pleasant one. We will of course congratulate our team members for their outstanding service. Also, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our Italian restaurant and that our team members made your friend's birthday a unique one. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance with anything to make you and your friend's next stay a great experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was needing a break from the UK life and damn did this place provide. Got to relax at the beach and the hotel staff didnt fail to put me at ease in a new town. In particular one of the concierge, Ari, gave me tips on what to do and see in the area but also what not to do. Fully enjoyed my trip and feel like i was able to truly make the best out of it. Sadly my holidays arent any longer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Atención C, R.P. at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service. We greatly appreciate the special mention of our team member who helped make your stay more pleasant. We will of course congratulate her, as we are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holidays to Cancun.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We literally just returned yesterday from a 4 night/5 days stay at the Grand Oasis Cancun. I read all the reviews and was so apprehensive about going. Our reservations were made so I went with a completely open mind. We booked everything through Liberty Travel which gave us Mytime perks and a MyTime bracelet. We were traveling with a 20 and a 22 year old.

We arrived on Sunday morning around 11:30. Transfer to the hotel with Olympus Tours was flawless, driver was awesome, knowledgeable and very friendly. Upon arriving at the hotel, our room was not ready but we were all given our bracelets and were able to use the resort. They kept our bags and told us to check back closer to 3PM. We left and went to lunch at Cocoa Seafood, excellent view, inside dining with AC. Food was excellent, service was great and drinks not watered down at all!

We checked back at 2:30 and our rooms were ready. We requested rooms close by as they don't allow 4 adults in one room. We got our request and the kids were right next door. Rooms were great, spacious, very clean, and well stocked. Mini fridge was included in the price of the all inclusive, but if you called to have it restocked a second time in the 24-hr. period there was a charge. Housekeeping was very good and very attentive. At no time did we see little bugs in our room, none of us had any bites of any kind, there are no rugs in the rooms, its all just flooring and the housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the floors clean. We had hot and cold water, although took me several minutes to realize the C on the faucets does not been cold but hot there, Caliente, hot!

Pools were all very nice and clean and warm. They only went to 4.5 feet. Swim up bars were also nice. No problem at all getting drinks. We did take $1's with us and tipped the bartenders. Drinks were not watered down and we never waited more than 2-3 min for a drink.

We ate at Dos Lunas 2x for dinner, its Italian, the show in the evening is very nice. Sarape, a mexican restaurant, also with some entertainment. Joy's Trattoria, another Italian restaurant, with singers. All of them were very, very good. Staff was very attentive and the menu choices were good. We ate at the Marketplace for breakfast every morning. Lots of great choices, hot food and very tasty. We didn't find anything to be bland, mediocre, etc.

We ate at the Ibiza beach club for lunch and also the Happy Chicken, both very good lunch places. Again, staff were very attentive, good choices and tasty food.

The Oasis and the Grand Oasis are on the same property. We were definitely at the Grand Oasis in the pyramid in the 5400's. The outside of the hotel is wonderful, great appearance. It seemed to me the Oasis was more of a family/party atmosphere, towels hanging on the railings, etc. Definitely seemed like a different atmosphere. We were extremely happy with our choice in the Grand. Also, there are several restaurants that you can only eat at if you are staying at the Grand Oasis.

Again, I was so unhappy reading some of the reviews before I left but I really am not exactly sure why.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. Very kid-friendly/family friendly.

The restaurants are very casual, in fact, we were pretty overdressed for most of them. We did not eat at the 2 formal restaurants since it was so hot, the guys didn't want to put long pants on. We wore sundresses, skorts, dressy shorts and the guys wore, dressy shorts, polos or shirts with collars. As long as the guys had shirts with sleeves all was good. No need to take dressy clothes.

Timeshare people are in the lobby and at the airport but we just walked by them, and they left us alone.

It is true, you must pay for wifi, now that did stink, we opted not to pay, my kids were absolutely fine with not having internet access for the 4 days we were there. We left resort one day and ended up having lunch at a local place that did have free wifi so they caught up with everyone at that time.

I did take $1's and $5's for tips, although included. I did tip our housekeeper and some of the wait staff. Not necessary but I like to do that.

We are a middle of the road, family of 4, with 2 young adults. We enjoy nice vacations, we don't consider our standards high but also not low by any means. If you have a reservation, please rest assured, you will have an amazing time. It is a wonderful, fun resort.

Room Tip: We did not upgrade to a ocean view and we didn't need it, view from our room was great. We were in the Pyramid on the 4th floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Scrapbooker_in_PA
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.
We are glad you enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.
Thank you for highlighting the qualities that made your stay unforgettable. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer. Our staff work hard to satisfy our guests so that they have amazing experiences.
We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Took my parents out of the USA for the first time in their life. They had a great time. My opinion is a bit different since I've been to other all inclusive resorts which provide more amenities to travelers. The hotel had basically no handicap accessible ramps and my mother was in a wheelchair/walker. I had a problem with all three of my rooms , but After going to the Conceirge they changed our rooms. The hotel should definitely consider keeping handicapped travelers on the first floors as it was horrible getting around. The hotel also had no money exchange, no service for traveled to get their boarding passes at the hotel before they leave. On a better note, the staff was very pleasant , the hotel was clean, and the food was very good.
I think is is a resort for young college kids off on spring break who don't really care for those special details that more mature travelers look for. Definitely affordable if you want to take an all inclusive family vacation and don't mind not having the extras then take the plunge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynette O
Atención C, R.P. at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Lynette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We are pleased to know that our concierge team was able to assist you at the moment and that you thought the staff and gastronomic offer were great. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had regarding the handicap accomodations. Please note that all of your comments and opinions are very important to us and have already been submitted to the appropriate department to take the necessary actions to correct them and provide new options for you in the future. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us, we hope to welcome you and your parents back in the very near future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!! I went to Oasis Cancun on the 4th February 2014 as a couple it was our first time to Mexico so was not sure what to expect. We got there around 1pm as soon as we got to the door there was a bell boy there to assist us with our luggage to the room which was lovely. We were told our room was not ready for another half an hour but we was not bothered as our luggage was already taken care of so we decided to check the hotel out in the mean time. Half an hour later are room was ready and we were assisted to the room by a member of staff. Our room was a perfect ocean view right on to the beach we was a bit concerned about the level of noise as we was not far from where the dj stage was but not once did this become a issue. Air conditioning was perfect as well as was the cleanliness of the bathroom etc. The maids would leave 2 bottles of water for us every day when they cleaned our room. The restaurants was lovely, choice of different foods just what we wanted. Our favorite snack restaurant was happy chicken we just could not get enough. We were spoiled for choice when it came to picking a restaurant as we liked all of them. As for entertainment, we was fully entertained from day till night we did not need or want to move from the hotel as there was something for us all of the time this is just what you want when you pay for all inclusive. The shows in the grand oasis was superb we enjoyed every minute. The only thing I would do different about this holiday is I would go for the Grand Oasis only for the more choice of restaurants this was not much of a issue but we would of liked to check some of them out we was not allowed in to. I have recommended this hotel to every one of my friends, I am not one for reviews but it really annoyed me seeing some of the bad ones so I thought I would put my views down. Anyone contemplating about this hotel the answer is GO FOR IT!! we are going back every year!! IGNORE BAD REVIEWS

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jodie M

Dear Jodie,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the time you have taken to give your opinion on your stay with us. It gives us great pleasure that you enjoyed our restaurants options; we take great care in providing variety and quality in all of our establishments. Our entertainment team works hard to put on activities and shows for our guests so we are delighted that you enjoyed these. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back soon.