We got a great deal to stay here and weren't sure what to expect. It ended up being perfect for what we needed. The room was fine part from a damp smell - it's really humid here and I don't think they can make the rooms dryer. You have to keep the AC on or it gets damp inside. Beds were comfortable, there's a big (if old) TV, and they provided us with a nice wooden crib decked out in full Winnie the Pooh bedding.
The food was great. So much choice for breakfast, and at the dinner buffets. We ate at the Mexican restaurant Rosarin twice, first night was stellar & on par with a top restaurant, 2nd time not as good but still tasty.
Drinks were excellent - especially the Sexy Monkey which isn't on the menu but everyone asks for (bananas, amaretto, rum, grenadine, cream).
Entertainment was fun too, and everyone seemed to have a great time.
Beach is gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico