“excellent stay perfect location”

Royal Solaris Cancun
Ranked #43 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Syracuse
“excellent stay perfect location”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Ok i read some of the r eviews before going nd this is what i have to say to the naysayers.

1. This is an oceanfront beach property. They keep the rooms and buildin emaculant. The humidity is very high in cancun if you leave the doors open your room will get wet and eventually smelly which would be the fault of the occupant for leaving dors open when they ask you not to.

2 every staff member went out of their way to cater to our requests. I needed extra pillows they brought them up. I tipped on the first day and refrigerator was always very well stocked. I showed my appreciation uponleaving as well.

3. They have nightly shows and they are spectacular. The entertainment team are true professionals.

4. Did i mention this is an oceanfront resort not a five star hotel in NYC.

5. There are plenty of pools and always chairs at the pool or on the beach. There is a structure for shade on the beach as well as umbrellas. Pool and beach service came often to see if you needed drinks. The water is only steps from the resort.

6. There is an awesome travel agent on site. Oscar with bd travel. There is also a car rental agent onsite.

7. The bus stops out front and for seventy cents each way takes you anywhere on the route. I highly recommend la isles mall only about a mile by bus. Make sure you know the exchange rate for your purchase8. I have totally squash negative comments about the time share people they only ask you once when you come in to meet with them. They make you feel like they are staff but they will show you the property and do their spiel. All you have to do is say no thank you. They dont bother you again. Yes they have their desks in front of the elevator but they dont bother you. The desk off to the side is the hotels conceirge.. she is wonderful. She will check you in for your flight and print your boarding passes. Wednesday from 11 am to 2 pm free wifi eberywhere even on the beach. If you want bacon for breakfast all you have to do is ask.

The only downside is the food. They try. The roast beef and salad were always delicious and so is the pizza hut by the pool. This is a four star oceanfront hotel in my opinion. If you get the oceanfront with hotub on balcony you cant be disappointed.

Anyway kudos to all of the staff. I would definitely recommend Royal Solaris.

Room Tip: Oceanfront with jacuzzi on balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Linda L
Sol H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
We appreciate your explanation about the humidity, as you said Cancun is prone to this kind of problems if guests do not cooperate leaving windows and doors tightly closed.
Also thank you for your positive comments about our oceanfront beach resort, which has a wonderful service till beside the pool and the beach, has an awesome travel agent on site, and the fact that you thoroughly enjoyed our shows. As you already mentioned, the staff is helpful and friendly and they will be thrilled to know that their efforts were recognized.
We still working on the food to meet our guest's expectation.
Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and hope you visit us again in the future.
Warm regards from Cancún to Syracuse.
Hoteles Solaris de México
^X

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just got back from the Solaris and I have to say I was impressed.
For the price we payed I was not expecting what we got.
Since I am pregnant I did not drink but my husband and friends definitely made up for that. Good selection of drinks and shots.
The buffet food and desserts were great and the two restaurants were fancy and had an amazing service. Alberto from the restaurant next to the premium bar was very kind and prepared a beautiful mexican coffee.
The entertainment team at the pool made our days. Dont be shy and participate on the activities... it will make the experience completely different. Special thanks to Marco, Manuel, Hannah and Paloma, you guys were awesome!
Our room was beach front with a beautiful balcony. Even though was not the most dated room in the world, we only went there to shower and sleep and for that it was perfect. Alfredo was our clean guy in the room and he was great!!!
Cant forget to mention the pizza in the pool area... delicious delicious delicious!!!
If I have one complain to make it would be the telephone system... every now and then it wouldnt work what was a bit frustrating... but thats all.
And to finish the review I have to thank Mauricio from Adventure Pictures for my maternity pictures at the beach. If you are a photo lover like me and has a husband that hates doing it like mine, give it a try. 20 minutes and you will have the best souvenir of your vacation!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank AnaMatjeka
Thank you for writing such a wonderful comment about Royal Solaris Cancún and share your Solaris Experience with us. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay. We are glad that your husband and friends have enjoyed the selection of drinks and shots, and you've enjoyed the quality and selection of the food and the mexican coffee as well.
Thank you for pointing out how great our staff is especially our entertainment team, Alfredo and Mauricio. We will make sure to inform our coworkers about your great feedback.
Hope your baby can visit us soon and have a nice vacation with the whole family in the near future.
We are looking forward to see you soon.
Warm regards.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We got a great deal to stay here and weren't sure what to expect. It ended up being perfect for what we needed. The room was fine part from a damp smell - it's really humid here and I don't think they can make the rooms dryer. You have to keep the AC on or it gets damp inside. Beds were comfortable, there's a big (if old) TV, and they provided us with a nice wooden crib decked out in full Winnie the Pooh bedding.

The food was great. So much choice for breakfast, and at the dinner buffets. We ate at the Mexican restaurant Rosarin twice, first night was stellar & on par with a top restaurant, 2nd time not as good but still tasty.

Drinks were excellent - especially the Sexy Monkey which isn't on the menu but everyone asks for (bananas, amaretto, rum, grenadine, cream).

Entertainment was fun too, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Beach is gorgeous.

Stayed November 2013
4 Thank escapade_artist
Sol H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your "Solaris Experience" on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time in Royal Solaris Cancún.

As you said Cancún is really humid and we do our best to keep away the damp smell, however we need our guest's help to keep windows and doors closed and the AC on to maintain a pleasant aroma. We appreciate you understood the situation and have left an advise for everyone :D Taking advantage of your mentioned about the TV, we got great news :) it has started the renovation of 256 rooms.

Thank you for pointing out how great, tasty and varied was the food, the drinks (especially the Sexy Monkey), entertainment and the beautiful beach.

We are looking forward to welcoming soon and you can see our improvement.
Warm Regards from Cancún to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have just returned from Cancun, Royal Solaris hotel. We were so excited about everything, great deluxe room with view to lagoon, perfect service, many pools, jacuzzi, beach very close.
Staff were just great, helpful and lovely people!!! Many different meals to choose (fine dinning Marco Polo restaurant or buffet style), drinks available all the time and everywhere (including beach). Special thanks to our hotel representative Louis!
If we decide to go back to Mexico, it will be one of the Solaris hotels.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with balcony or Junior suits
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ivana B
Thank you for such a lovely comment and for sharing your "Solaris Experience" on tripadvisor. We are happy that you have had a wonderful time with us. Thank you for pointing out how great was the deluxe room with lagoon view, the service, the variaty of food and drinks and the staff, especially to our hotel representative Louis.

Hope you can visit us in a near future.
Warm regards from Cancún to Manchester, United Kingdom.
Hoteles Solaris de México,
Franklin, Ohio
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I visited this resort four years ago during a family trip. I visited last time with my four grown sons and 1 yr old daughter and had a great time.
I will start ny saying this is the ONLY resort I have ever visited that does not require reso's for a la carte dining which is a very nice perk
I usually travel to the RIU resorts but did not think it was a great choice since I was traveling with my five yr old daughter.
The entertainment was very age appropriate as I remembered. We had a great time and Sarah at the kids club was excellent! I checked her out several times to eat lunch or just spend time together and she begged to go back as soon as possible
I highly suggest asking for Durango at lunch at the lunch pool restaurante (rosemarinus, I think) He will always tell you the specialty at the buffet and invite you. He knew we would come for dinner, watch the nightly show and come back for dessert and always had something special waiting on us.He made my daughter special dispicable me desserts. And a 'come back soon' dessert on our last night. He paid so much attention to our trip. Tipping goes a long way!!!!!
We got a very special deal on our room booking thru expedia and I was not regretful. My only complaint...lunch buffet only exists at the pool buffet and the lunch buffet by the pool. The selection was a bit rough.(soy burgers and stale fries) I am a very adventurous eater but still found the selection rough. But still had a great visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank livelifetruly
Thank you for posting such a beautiful review about our Resort and share your "Solaris Experience" on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay and have a great time. We are glad that you and your lovely family have enjoyed the entertainment, restaurants and mini club. We will make sure to inform our coworkers about your great feedback especially to Sarah and Durango.

We are looking forward to see you soon.
Warm regards from Cancún to Franklin, Ohio.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We went to that resort with large group of friends. Whole trip was very cheap, $600 for 5 days with airfare. So positives : great food, nice location, very friendly staff. Negatives : rooms are little smelly ( wet, need to turn AC on high, to avoid that mold smell), place needs renovation, it's aged. Overall , it was worth that $600... If I would pay more I would be little disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Olenda
We appreciate your comments about our Resort. Thanks for pointing out the beauty of our location, how great our food is and the friendliness of our staff.
Because we take our guest's feedback very seriously, it has started the renovation of 256 rooms.

We are looking forward to see you soon and see our improvement
Warm regards from Cancún to Egg Harbor Township.
West Sussex
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The entertainment & competitions by the pool everyday were really fun, we also loved the "fist-pumping" music that someone mentioned on here earlier that they didn't approve of (must be elderly!). We must mention our new Mexican friends in the Entertainment team who we became close to during our stay; Marco, Stefany, Oliver, Manuel, Hanna, Patoma & Pamas (sorry if I've misspelt your names!). Our daughter loved you all & you really gave our holiday that special, personal touch!

Our 4-yr old daughter went to the kids club most mornings & seemed to enjoy herself doing crafts & games. Parents; please don't hesitate to put yours little ones in there as the girls are lovely, especially Sara! (Thanks Sara, Florence says hello!)

We had to move rooms after our first night as there was a disturbance in the corridor at 1.30am but it was not the hotels fault, more bad manners from guests! The move was swift with no major upheaval.

In regards to the bedrooms, the air-con was fantastic & it was great having bottles of water replenished in the rooms everyday. Little things like this are much appreciated. Housekeeping did a fantastic job of keeping our room immaculate & they were all so friendly. Yes the deco is slightly dated but honestly how often are you in the room & it was completely sufficient for what we required.

Onto food & it was fine. Not the best food I've ever eaten but completely fine for one week. It was slightly annoying having to ask for bacon everyday but when we asked they said it was because it was out of season & the demand was less but they were obliging to get it for us nevertheless. We also had to keep reminding ourselves that we were in Mexico & that we should not be ignorant & to embrace as much of the local cuisine as possible. The team at the main buffet restaurant always went to a big effort in regards to decor & the display of the food so I feel this must be recognised! Roman was our star waiter, such a lovely guy & a hard worker always going the extra mile for us. Thank you!

The waiters by the pool & beach always super friendly & offering you drinks all the time, even if your weren't tipping. The drinks selection is fine too, something for everyone. The pool snacks were tasty, especially the nachos & hot dogs. But I must say the oven-fired pizzas are to die for! Again the guys running it were lovely & we got chatting to them a lot over the week.

I would have liked to of seen complimentary wi-fi in the lobby area, but on Wednesday's there is free wi-fi all day across the hotel so that sort of made up for it.

I need to give a special mention to Armando at reception who was really helpful when I needed to do an important job application on the computers, he really helped me when I got stuck attempting to navigate Microsoft Word in Spainish! Thank you!

We had a lovely family holiday & we would come again! x

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kate C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Smart Cancun by Oasis
#77 of 175 in Cancun
Grand Oasis Palm
Grand Oasis Palm
#50 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Royal Solaris Cancun? Share your experiences!