Ok i read some of the r eviews before going nd this is what i have to say to the naysayers.
1. This is an oceanfront beach property. They keep the rooms and buildin emaculant. The humidity is very high in cancun if you leave the doors open your room will get wet and eventually smelly which would be the fault of the occupant for leaving dors open when they ask you not to.
2 every staff member went out of their way to cater to our requests. I needed extra pillows they brought them up. I tipped on the first day and refrigerator was always very well stocked. I showed my appreciation uponleaving as well.
3. They have nightly shows and they are spectacular. The entertainment team are true professionals.
4. Did i mention this is an oceanfront resort not a five star hotel in NYC.
5. There are plenty of pools and always chairs at the pool or on the beach. There is a structure for shade on the beach as well as umbrellas. Pool and beach service came often to see if you needed drinks. The water is only steps from the resort.
6. There is an awesome travel agent on site. Oscar with bd travel. There is also a car rental agent onsite.
7. The bus stops out front and for seventy cents each way takes you anywhere on the route. I highly recommend la isles mall only about a mile by bus. Make sure you know the exchange rate for your purchase8. I have totally squash negative comments about the time share people they only ask you once when you come in to meet with them. They make you feel like they are staff but they will show you the property and do their spiel. All you have to do is say no thank you. They dont bother you again. Yes they have their desks in front of the elevator but they dont bother you. The desk off to the side is the hotels conceirge.. she is wonderful. She will check you in for your flight and print your boarding passes. Wednesday from 11 am to 2 pm free wifi eberywhere even on the beach. If you want bacon for breakfast all you have to do is ask.
The only downside is the food. They try. The roast beef and salad were always delicious and so is the pizza hut by the pool. This is a four star oceanfront hotel in my opinion. If you get the oceanfront with hotub on balcony you cant be disappointed.
Anyway kudos to all of the staff. I would definitely recommend Royal Solaris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico