We spent 10 days at Royal Solaris Cancun and just returned home last night. The hotel itself is great. Very clean and always things to do. The pool was great. The beach is always kept clean. We had read several reviews prior to booking our trip and heard people complain about the # of chairs available at the pool and beach. While we were there the hotel was at max capacity and we never had a problem getting chairs at the beach or pool. My recommendation is to get up early and get your chairs before you go to breakfast. The food isn't great. I would rate it a 4 out of 10. The pizza bar outside is awesome and I would highly suggest trying it out. We ate it every day. Marco Polo also has really good food. The food at Rosmarinus and Las fuentes is hit or miss as is the service at both resturants. Our waiters were always great on the beach, at Marco Polo and at the pizza bar. There is also a coffee bar located in the lobby from 4-530 every day which I highly suggest. We made it a point to get coffee every day because it was wonderful. We had our 6 year old daughter with us and she absolutely loved the kids area. There is a kids club with activities, however in the same secure fenced-in location is the heated kids pool. We would drop her off there in the morning and have a hard time getting her to leave there with us in the afternoon because she had so much fun. The sports and entertainment team was great, especially Marco and Manuel. They engaged with the guests constantly and made the shows very entertaining. We also read reviews about people complaining about the alcoholic drinks not being strong enough. We never had a problem. If you want it stronger ask for twice the alcohol. They are very accommodating and will get you what you want. I do suggest tipping the bar tenders and wait staff though. We always tipped and our service was really good. The waiters on the beach especially need to be tipped. They work hard and walk from the beach all the way to the pool to get your drinks. We had a lagoon view room with two double beds and a murphy bed. The room was good sized however the beds were very uncomfortable. I didn't really like the fact that we didn't have a balcony however we were really only in our room to shower and sleep so it wasn't a huge deal. I did get a massage at the spa and loved it. I thought the prices were a tad high however they have a hot tub in the spa area for spa patrons only which was very relaxing to use before the massage. Karen was my massage therapist and she did a great job!
We would definitely consider staying there again. For the money it was well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico