Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Dos Playas Beach House(Cancun)
  • Pool
Grand Oasis Palm(Cancun)
  • Beachfront
Oasis Palm(Cancun)
2,384 results
All reviewsla velalagoon sidesunset groupsister hoteltime sharelobster dinnerjose luisocean sparestaurant staffpool barall inclusive packageshuttle busactivities staffsales peoplewater aerobicsspecial thanksthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have been coming to this resort for 17 years. things change, but some also stay the same. Fabian and Jose Louis at the front always smiling and happy to help with luggage. Front desk guys are always fast and efficiant. The food service wait staff spoils us rotten. Rudy, Gabriel, Obed, Cesar, Alfredo, Seferino. I truly adore them. The entertainment staff... They work their butts off! Ivan, Alex, Benny and Elie. I know the maids are working hard too... our room is always spotless.
Sometimes there are small things that need fixing or updated but they take care of it.
I took my two teenage daughters for the first time this year. As long as they were in our hotel I knew without a doubt that they were safe. Everyone is aware and watchful and helpful.
I have stayed at the Royal on the ocean side, the view and rooms are lovely, But..... nothing is better than the quiet, calm care and concern shown at the Lagoon.
The food... well, its good. I can't complain although i end up eating more meals out of the hotel than in, But the restaurants are really really nice.
If you plan on going out to any clubs, I recommend you do it WITH the hotel. It is the same price as at the door, but you get transportation there plus reserved seating!
I love this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Awesome staff who spoiled us rotten!! Shout-outs to RUDY, CESAR, OBED, GABRIEL, ENRIQUE, FABIAN and "G"! Always felt welcomed throughout the marina. Lots of smiles and humor! And the guy we took candid pics with on the boat deck...."ya da man!"
Room was beautiful. Large balcony. Loved the idea of being able to open window to capture the cool breeze. Kept fridge stocked with water, sodas and beer; along with chips and peanuts. Since none of us drink alcohol, traded beer for more water/sodas.
No comment on kids' activities or fitness center. We had no kids traveling with us. Too busy running about to get to the fitness center or the spa! Have to make sure we get to the spa next visit. Who knows? Might even swing by the fitness center, too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We enjoyed ourselves even considering the lies we were told while trying to get promises kept that were made by Maria Lopez who sold us our promotional trip, when we called to collect our free flight we were told she no longer worked there. Imagine our surprise when on the day we left we went to the Concierge desk and who was sitting there but MARIA LOPEZ!! By the way we never did get the free flight as promised or any other compensation. I was very surprised by how wonderful our trip to this resort was! I did not expect much as we generally stay at larger resorts. Sunset Marina is small and comfortable, the food is very good and the service is outstanding! A special thank you to Efreen, Carlos(Pool bar, Tino(?) Marina Grill, Fabian(Bell boy), Paula & Rosa(spa) for making our stay so great. The only other thing I would mention is that they constantly ran out of Canadian Mist which was the only rye whiskey they carried, it was very difficult to get any premium brands.

Room Tip: Stay on the lagoon side, the other is beside a busy street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norma M
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My Family and I stayed at the sister hotel but found ourselves spending a lot of time at the lagoon. The entire staff spoiled us. They invited us into all the activities, Made all of the activities awesome. Elie was a great host. He was alway around keeping things entertaining, Making sure we were making the most of our holiday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Darryl C
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was very surprised by how wonderful our trip to this resort was! I did not expect much as we generally stay at larger and more expensive resorts. Sunset Marina is small and comfortable, the food is very good and the service is outstanding! The service we received in the restaurant and at the shows was so welcoming but the best part was the entertainment staff, especially Elie. He made sure to talk to all of the people around the pool, he got everyone into the water for aerobics and was so much fun during the cocktail lessons! Thank you Elie!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple