“Wonderful”

Ranked #30 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
North Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed for a week during Spring break. We are members. We would like to thank Francisco in the wet bar he was excellent making our drinks and always knew what we wanted and how we liked it and always remembered our names. We were sad to say good- bye to him. The Marina Grill was fantastic. Elietain was wonderful instructing water aerobics. Alex was great including everyone in activities and introducing shows we had the pleasure of doing Earth Hour when we were there great fire show. On the last night after the evening show Alex thanked everyone for coming and even went around and personally shock our hands to say good bye. This was appreciated and we look forward to seeing these three wonderful staff when we return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are delighted that you had the opportunity to experience the celebration of the Earth Hour and that your stay with us was to your expectations.

Please allow us the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Cancun.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Hebrew first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is our first time in cancun, Everyone said this place is paradise and its true, the resort is beautiful and the people are so nice, the hotel staff are so friendly like Obed, Juan, Zacarias, Cesar, Fidel, Alfredo and Rudy. The room is large and decent..Thank you sunset marina..

1 Thank george m
Mattawan, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our family of three came here on an RCI exchange. We were extremely happy with the people here and our room. They made us feel like royalty. Our housekeeper, Lidia, was so sweet, leaving fresh flowers on the bed and making shapes with the towels that we didn't want to disturb. Roberto at The Grill was especially helpful and kind, making us feel at home and welcome. Ellie was just plain crazy and fun. Diego always had a smile and brought around sweets to our room. Don't miss the cooking classes- they are fun, and you get to taste the food!
We did not buy the all-inclusive meal plan. We can't eat $200/day worth of food and only one of us drinks. We went to Walmart and found some great little Mexican resturants off the Hotel Zone that were fabulous!
We also did not go on the visit to the sister resort. We were told it would take 30-40 minutes the first time, then we found that we would be driven there and held hostage from 8-12. But, then another couple was there for 8 hours. We were not interested in buying since we already own somewhere else.
We would be very happy to return to this paradise. It is perfect for families and is not chaotic as in Florida during Spring Break. Thank you to all the staff at Sunset Marina Resort!

Room Tip: A one bedroom is big enough for 4-6 people. We were on the streetside, but it was fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I didn't realize I was a "Queen" -- the incredible staff must have been confused as to who I am. I just know the smile on my face was permanent my entire stay at the Sunset Marina. And if I didn't know better, each member of the staff, like Caesar, Conchie, Enrique, Fabian, "G", Gabriel, Obed, seemed genuinely glad to be of service. There were three of us in a suite, and we each had our own bathroom. Yeah!!! I'm still showing off the picture of the huge master bedroom with its elaborate bathtub. I didn't have the heart to disturb the swan and duck shaped out of the towels. Just by writing this review I find that I am once again smiling inside and out, and so thankful that I was privileged to have experienced vacationing at its best at the Sunset Marina!!

Room Tip: No tip from me for I enjoyed the balcony that faces the main street of vehicular traffic on which th...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have been coming to this resort for 17 years. things change, but some also stay the same. Fabian and Jose Louis at the front always smiling and happy to help with luggage. Front desk guys are always fast and efficiant. The food service wait staff spoils us rotten. Rudy, Gabriel, Obed, Cesar, Alfredo, Seferino. I truly adore them. The entertainment staff... They work their butts off! Ivan, Alex, Benny and Elie. I know the maids are working hard too... our room is always spotless.
Sometimes there are small things that need fixing or updated but they take care of it.
I took my two teenage daughters for the first time this year. As long as they were in our hotel I knew without a doubt that they were safe. Everyone is aware and watchful and helpful.
I have stayed at the Royal on the ocean side, the view and rooms are lovely, But..... nothing is better than the quiet, calm care and concern shown at the Lagoon.
The food... well, its good. I can't complain although i end up eating more meals out of the hotel than in, But the restaurants are really really nice.
If you plan on going out to any clubs, I recommend you do it WITH the hotel. It is the same price as at the door, but you get transportation there plus reserved seating!
I love this place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Awesome staff who spoiled us rotten!! Shout-outs to RUDY, CESAR, OBED, GABRIEL, ENRIQUE, FABIAN and "G"! Always felt welcomed throughout the marina. Lots of smiles and humor! And the guy we took candid pics with on the boat deck...."ya da man!"
Room was beautiful. Large balcony. Loved the idea of being able to open window to capture the cool breeze. Kept fridge stocked with water, sodas and beer; along with chips and peanuts. Since none of us drink alcohol, traded beer for more water/sodas.
No comment on kids' activities or fitness center. We had no kids traveling with us. Too busy running about to get to the fitness center or the spa! Have to make sure we get to the spa next visit. Who knows? Might even swing by the fitness center, too!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We enjoyed ourselves even considering the lies we were told while trying to get promises kept that were made by Maria Lopez who sold us our promotional trip, when we called to collect our free flight we were told she no longer worked there. Imagine our surprise when on the day we left we went to the Concierge desk and who was sitting there but MARIA LOPEZ!! By the way we never did get the free flight as promised or any other compensation. I was very surprised by how wonderful our trip to this resort was! I did not expect much as we generally stay at larger resorts. Sunset Marina is small and comfortable, the food is very good and the service is outstanding! A special thank you to Efreen, Carlos(Pool bar, Tino(?) Marina Grill, Fabian(Bell boy), Paula & Rosa(spa) for making our stay so great. The only other thing I would mention is that they constantly ran out of Canadian Mist which was the only rye whiskey they carried, it was very difficult to get any premium brands.

Room Tip: Stay on the lagoon side, the other is beside a busy street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple