“Great workers”

Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a week and Fabian, the bell boy was great! He recommended a wonderful restaurant to go and have some fantastic Mexican food. He was very helpful with any of our requests. He always had a smile on his face and seemed to enjoy his job.

I also have to give a high five to the pool bartender, Efreen. He worked so hard and was running from one end of the pool area to the other. He too always had a smile on his face and he was a joy to be around.

I would definitely go back to this hotel...just because of the hired help!

Room Tip: We stayed in a studio and it was still big enough for 3 of us.
2  Thank marie0619

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The resort and staff were amazing! Absolutely striving to make every aspect of our vacation incredible! Every single staff member was friendly, courteous, and amazing! The staff was definitely the best part of the stay. This hotel needs to put in a fitness center. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Gorgeous rooms! Quiet, relaxing resort.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkmiranda
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend had won a trip to Cancun and supposedly the only hotel we could have stayed at was the Sunset Marina. It is part of a group of 4 hotels and I HIGHLY recommend that you stay in one of the other hotels in this group (either Ocean Spa or Sunset Resort). This hotel is facing a lagoon, not the ocean! The rooms at the Marina are nice, but the hotel compared to the other ones is not up to date. It has hot tubs on the porches of the rooms, but they are old, dirty and cracked. Fortunately, I spoke Spanish, yet we still had to ask for things like towels and things more than once. The minibar and snacks in the room were very limited, so make sure if you do stay to have all inclusive so you can order room service if you are hungry. The food at the restaurant was good, yet at this hotel there is only an Italian restaurant, you have to go to other Sunset hotels to get variety for a nice sit down, verses a buffet, dinner. Also, there were not a lot of activities or evening events to attend. It had a nice pool with bar stools so you could swim right up, ask for a drink and sit there in the pool while enjoying your beverage. The restaurant staff was very nice and attentive. Out of a 5, with 5 being the highest, I would give it a 2. Do your research and stay at a better, more updated, hotel.

Room Tip: sides facing the lagoon are quieter.. there is no ocean view.. that is across the street, so if you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I usually don't do reviews but decided to do it this time. I will have to say that you get what you pay for and not a cent more. The staff at the front desk were not very friendly or welcoming but in the other hand I received great service from the bellboy Jose Cruz, he was very nice and even remembered my daughter name. She loved saying hi to him everyday. The restaurant personnel were excellent Sergio, Gonzalo, Rudy and Francisco were my favorite. They were very helpful and accommodating with my 2 yr old. I am trying to raise my daughter to have good manners and say hello to everyone so it was very important to me that they were polite and answered her back. Not unlike the time share people and front desk that would not even answer her Hello or Hola back. If I go back to Cancun I don't know if I would stay here again. You can find better deals at other places, the only reason I stayed here is because a family member owns a time share here, which I would advice anyone thinking about it not to do it.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank acfried1
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my family stayed in Cancun for a week and we had a fantastic time! We enjoyed our stay in Sunset Marina. All the staffs were very kind and friendly most especially (SHOUT OUT TO MY FAVOURITE GUYS IN CANCUN!!!) Elie-such a great host, so friendly and easy to get on well with, really funny and made our holiday well entertained! (He even phoned our sister back home to have a quick chat! What else can you ask for?!) Also thanks to the guys at the bar, Efreen and Raul! I had good conversations with you guys. Always happy to serve the guests. The activities were really fun and exciting, loved the kayaking, disco night and cooking lesson (Im actually making my friends and family the salsa I learned from Elie and Freddy!) Food and drinks were delicious! Bingo was fun too, next time i come back i better win i price hehe! The yoga and pilates were very relaxing and my mum loved the aqua aerobics too. I'm definitely going back here soon! Overall, excellent service from all the staffs and we loved the place so much!
Love from, Scotland

3  Thank rica31
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The whole place is beautiful, and the employees there were all wonderful and friendly! i had a ton of time to kickback and relax and also have fun around the pool area, the food there was great, but my favorite experience from there would probably be the admiral yacht tour. And if you ever find yourself being tied down by kids and they're preventing you from enjoying your stay in Cancun the the lady who runs the kids club - Vania can take care of the supervising for you.. shes great with the kids and she really knows how to keep them entertained. heck you don't even have to be a kid to enjoy her warm personality, just don't lose to jenga against her or she will make u sing on the stage. but all jokes aside, the staff here was great and they really did everything the can to make my stay in Cancun really memorable, i recommend this resort to anybody who's planning on visiting in Cancun! and if you already booked a room with Sunset World then i suggest you also visit the Marina Resort & Yacht club.

1  Thank Norwin M
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This resort was beautiful and the amenities were fantastic! I have been to a few different all-inclusive resorts, and this one is by far my favorite. Everyone that works there is so helpful and friendly. A big shout out to Zacarrias who was one of the best waiters ever! I love that he greeted us everyday by name and remembered what we liked to drink. His amazing service made this vacation truly special for me and my husband. We had a private dinner overlooking the water and our waiter for that was Serafino. I have never felt so pampered in my entire life! His attention to detail during our meal was unsurpassed. Every staff member I came into contact with was helpful, polite, and so very kind. From the time we checked in, by the very sweet Helena, to the time we checked out, this staff made us truly feel as if we were at home. I cannot wait until we can go back there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top level. All of the rooms have marbel floors (which are lovely) but if yo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple