Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
US$506
Hyatt.com
US$503
Bookit.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
Bookit.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$528
US$255
US$219
  • Pool
2,428 results
All reviewsla velalagoon sidesunset groupsister hoteltime sharelobster dinnerjose luisocean sparestaurant staffpool barall inclusive packageshuttle busactivities staffsales peoplewater aerobicsspecial thanksthe entire staff
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We saw the rooms here on our tour, but did not stay here. I loved the architecture, reminiscent of Old World Spain. The pool was easily accessible and the children's pool with the waterslide was below the adult pool with the water bar, so it was quiet up on our level. We met a lot of very nice people and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. We will try out the Marina next time, but sure loved the Water Taxi ride!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SusanJ1947
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a week and Fabian, the bell boy was great! He recommended a wonderful restaurant to go and have some fantastic Mexican food. He was very helpful with any of our requests. He always had a smile on his face and seemed to enjoy his job.

I also have to give a high five to the pool bartender, Efreen. He worked so hard and was running from one end of the pool area to the other. He too always had a smile on his face and he was a joy to be around.

I would definitely go back to this hotel...just because of the hired help!

Room Tip: We stayed in a studio and it was still big enough for 3 of us.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marie0619
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The resort and staff were amazing! Absolutely striving to make every aspect of our vacation incredible! Every single staff member was friendly, courteous, and amazing! The staff was definitely the best part of the stay. This hotel needs to put in a fitness center. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Gorgeous rooms! Quiet, relaxing resort.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkmiranda
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend had won a trip to Cancun and supposedly the only hotel we could have stayed at was the Sunset Marina. It is part of a group of 4 hotels and I HIGHLY recommend that you stay in one of the other hotels in this group (either Ocean Spa or Sunset Resort). This hotel is facing a lagoon, not the ocean! The rooms at the Marina are nice, but the hotel compared to the other ones is not up to date. It has hot tubs on the porches of the rooms, but they are old, dirty and cracked. Fortunately, I spoke Spanish, yet we still had to ask for things like towels and things more than once. The minibar and snacks in the room were very limited, so make sure if you do stay to have all inclusive so you can order room service if you are hungry. The food at the restaurant was good, yet at this hotel there is only an Italian restaurant, you have to go to other Sunset hotels to get variety for a nice sit down, verses a buffet, dinner. Also, there were not a lot of activities or evening events to attend. It had a nice pool with bar stools so you could swim right up, ask for a drink and sit there in the pool while enjoying your beverage. The restaurant staff was very nice and attentive. Out of a 5, with 5 being the highest, I would give it a 2. Do your research and stay at a better, more updated, hotel.

Room Tip: sides facing the lagoon are quieter.. there is no ocean view.. that is across the street, so if you want a ocean side hotel, this is not it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I usually don't do reviews but decided to do it this time. I will have to say that you get what you pay for and not a cent more. The staff at the front desk were not very friendly or welcoming but in the other hand I received great service from the bellboy Jose Cruz, he was very nice and even remembered my daughter name. She loved saying hi to him everyday. The restaurant personnel were excellent Sergio, Gonzalo, Rudy and Francisco were my favorite. They were very helpful and accommodating with my 2 yr old. I am trying to raise my daughter to have good manners and say hello to everyone so it was very important to me that they were polite and answered her back. Not unlike the time share people and front desk that would not even answer her Hello or Hola back. If I go back to Cancun I don't know if I would stay here again. You can find better deals at other places, the only reason I stayed here is because a family member owns a time share here, which I would advice anyone thinking about it not to do it.

• Stayed: May 2014