“TOTAL DUMP!”

Ranked #95 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
lansing mi
“TOTAL DUMP!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Im sure this was a wonderful place to stay,,,,,60 yrs ago when it was built. But it is nothing more than a run down, delapatated dump now! What a horrible experience!!! Had to change rooms 3 times to get a working toilet, and when that one broke we were told too bad. Nice huh? The pool is tiny, and dirty, not enough chairs, and small. The food was beyond nasty!!!! DO NOT eat at the buffett, Lord knows what that stuff they call food was! If you're used to fast food or garbage Im sure you would like it however. Even the Mediteranian Restaurant,(which they think is fine dining), was bland at best. I'm sure they try, some of the staff was nice,,,oh no WIFI either, thats another $15 lol,,,Just an old place that needs to be torn down, DO NOT STAY HERE!!

2 Thank very disappoint... t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I traveled here from the Midwest with 15 other friends (almost all of us were coupled up, including myself) for our college spring break trip, and had an absolutely wonderful time at the Bellevue! The staff members were very helpful and friendly, especially if you tipped (which you should if you've got an all-inclusive package like we did!). The rooms were clean and kind of bare--nothing special. However, we were there for the outdoors so the lack of decor didn't bother us at all. I recommend a room with a balcony, and for as little as 20.00 you can upgrade to one at any point in the trip. Also, there isn't a refrigerator, and they only provide you with two bottles of water unless you request more, which they are then happy to give you.

The pool area was awesome, there was lot to do (including water volleyball, drink bar, snack bar, games, music, etc) and the pool had a very convenient swim up bar that served alcohol until 5pm (which is when the pool closes). Like the other reviews mentioned, in order to get a chair, you MUST wake up pretty early (we're talking 8am) and reserve a spot. The beach is also beautiful, the water is crystal clear and there are more chairs down there as well as umbrellas. I was so relieved to find a pretty spacious beach, rather than a small one crowded with people everywhere. Also, the resort itself is pretty small, so you get to know a lot of the guests there (there's quite the variety).

As for food, the Bellevue has three different restaurants: an Italian one that we never tried, a Mediterranean one that you can make reservations for one time during your stay (unless you want to pay more), and a buffet-style restaurant that serves different kinds of food every day. I HIGHLY recommend the Mediterranean restaurant; not only is the atmosphere nice, but the food is excellent, and quite honestly it surpassed my expectations. The buffet-style restaurant is also good, with some food better than others. Anything they prepare in front of you (omelets in the morning and assorted meats for lunch and dinner) is the best, however the pasta and fruit options are also tasty. I'd have to say I enjoyed breakfast the best, simply because everything was the most fresh...however make note the orange juice isn't actually orange juice, it's Tang (kind of weird, right?)

A few of us decided to travel to the city to check out the restaurants and clubs there as well. There are buses that run all night up and down the strip, and it costs less than a dollar per person each way. If you're not into the huge clubs that the hotel advertises (daddy-o, senor frogs, splash, etc), then I'd check out Dos Equis which is about a 20 minute bus ride from the hotel (and a 50.00 cab ride!!). The cover is only about 20.00 a person, as opposed to 50-70 bucks a person at the larger places. The Bellevue staff was also very helpful in telling us which clubs to avoid depending on what we were looking for, and which restaurants in that area were the best. If you choose to stay in the resort the entire time, let it be know that all the bars close at 12:00am, and dinner closes at 10:00pm.

Overall, this is a great place for young people, but not exactly a resort you'd want to spend your honeymoon at, or vacation with your family. I guarantee if you're between the ages of 16-30 you'll have a great time. Everyone is so friendly, the outdoors are beautiful and the facility is also very nice. I definitely recommend this place to other college kids looking to have a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and balcony!
2 Thank Bailey D
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Let me start by saying that I went during the peak of Spring Break. For the money it is hard to beat. We spent a little less than $100 a day/person and that included air (from Ft Lauderdale,FL). I was a little hesitant reading the reviews but was happy overall with the hotel. I have been to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen 4 times in just over a year and already booked to go to the area in May.

First the hotel. Yes it is dated and could use some simple upgrades. For example the elevators both worked but the buttons in both had some parts missing. It was clean and the workers were always tending to the grounds or they were painting areas. The hallways are all tile and being near the elevators did not help. Did I mention it was Spring Break? Drunk college kids pounding on doors in the middle of the night.

Pool area. They try to get some games and stuff going but it is not the best other than volleyball in the pool. The net is worn and ripped. How hard is it to replace it? There is plenty of space to put more chairs on the deck and beach but they don't. The chairs are fairly worn and could use some attention. There was no issues getting a chair early in the morning as most kids were sleeping off the night prior. Almost forgot the pool water is cool not bad once your in but almost like it is chilled.

Bars. The guy at the pool bar almost never turns around to the pool side to serve. Even with tipping. The one bartender tried to take the tip money and had the gall to ask for more and refused to serve until he found out it was my tip to him and not the college kid who pushed it over to him. Cheapest of alcohol but that is to be expected. Beer was cold and they did make many different types of drinks.

Beach. The NICEST part of the hotel zone. Water is beautiful and they will put an umbrella out for you if you ask. Even had a guy walking around willing to bring you a drink from the pool.

Food. The food is about what you would expect from a buffet style. There was always someone on the grill to make eggs or meats at lunch and dinner. The Mediteraneo restraunt is worth going to. We went to Outback one night and the steak at the resort was 10 times better. It was above our expectations.

Entertainment. It was not the greatest but not bad either. Traveling dance shows that go from one hotel to the next.

Overall - It was pretty much what I expected. I would not go during Spring Break again but I would take the family there for an inexpensive getaway. I don't expect the Ritz Carlton when I pay for a Days Inn.

Room Tip: We had two rooms and gave teh girl at the desk $10. She moved us to adjoining rooms and One had a su...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wherewegoing2next
Dexter, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Bellevue Beach Paradise was a clean hotel and the staff was helpful and courteous. The hotel itself needs a lot of updating. If you are looking for a 5 star or more amenities this is not the place for you.
We had a save in our room that was not bolted down and was small enough to carry away. The bathroom door and sliding glass door to balcony were very hard to close. And the closet door was a little busted up. Like I said it needs a lot of updates. The location is on the main strip of "hotel row" but still far from all the shops and malls for me.
The food was good, not complaints there and we had maid service and fresh towels daily. Marcelo at the bar was great!
All in all it was average.

Room Tip: Tipping always helps and bus rides are cheap. I would also recommend the Sea Passion Snorkel party c...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melbe262
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had an ocean view room w/2 double beds. The beds were hard but not complaining because we spent very little time in our room. Room was very clean (no bugs). The beach was really beautiful but if you are looking for an umbrella you have to get there by 7am to reserve one. We never made it there that early so hung out by the pool. Some of the chairs were broken but we didnt care because we just wanted to suntan and have cocktails. Jorge was a great server and kept bringing us drinks (tipping helps) without me even asking. He was very attentive. Food was ok. We ate twice at the Mediteraneo which was nice. The chautebriand is pretty good. I would definately recommend this hotel if you are looking for someplace thats not expensive but is clean and has all the other things you look for in an all inclusive property in Cancun. If you are looking for fancy this is not the place.for you.

Room Tip: Get to the beach by 7am if you want to get an umbrella.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank imrose
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The best vacation of my life!!! This trip had it all such as variety of bars, nice beach, nice pool area, great activities, friendly mexicans workers. They keep the place clean, always something to eat and last but not least 2 men really made this trip better than average. Tavo and Raoul!!! They make your day fun with great activities, they plan your night by bringing you to the clubs. They provide you with the best tables in the house and bottle service all night. Incredible and funny guys. As long as they work there, I will be go back at least once a year. Great job buddies!!!

1 Thank Marc M
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

BelleVue Beach Paradise was my first all inclusive resort and I had a blast.
I have heard some horror stories of people getting sick from the food or the water, but the food was half decent and I didn't get sick once.
The staff was incredible! Tavo and Raul were the most helpful and fun employees at the resort. They were good at including everyone and getting everyone involved in the pool side activities. They took such good care of me. They organized the parties to the clubs and made sure that everyone got home safely. I couldn't be more indebt to Tavo as when I was separated from my friends, he walked me to the bus after the club and made sure I got home safe to the hotel. They were such great friendly people. I can't wait to return for Spring Break 2013!

5 Thank PatMOntario_Canada