“Wonderful staff & beach view!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Yalmakan

Hotel Yalmakan
Ranked #113 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“Wonderful staff & beach view!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel view is amazing and I did not mind waking up to that view every morning. The staff was very accomodating to my needs since I had higher expectations due to have stayed at all inclusive resorts not hotels. You will get what you pay for but do not expect the quality of food to be like in some top resorts. I made the best of my trip and had an amazing time. Lots of beach volleyball...waterpolo..singing ...etc...Just get involved and you wil enjoy yourself!!!
Life is too short to complain about petty stuff...Smile and be happy!!! :) Saludossss

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank AdEla M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Bellevue the second week of July. I read the mixed reviews before booking it and had low expectations, which were exceeded. I was looking for a nice view, beach, pool, good service, and basic food and i got what i was looking for. If you're picky and care for small details, don't stay here. Yes, the hotel needs updating, but it is very clean, including the rooms. The view from my room was amazing. Pool is not big, but it had a swim up bar. Beach was nice to sit by, but not safe to go in for non-swimmers like myself. Food was very bland. This would be my biggest complaint. It's a shame because mexico has amazing food. Selection was ok. There was only two restaurants open. Drinks never had enough licor. I got such a good deal on this booking though, that i thought of it as free food and free drinks and made the best out of it.
I would stay again if i was on a tight budget because i think it's a great value, but if I could spend a few more hundred dollars, I would stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank IDChicago
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great stay, big suites, right by the beach, central location. Great staff. Older building but it's a firm 3.5*. May need a little more updating that could make it even better. Besides that it was a good stay.

Room Tip: with a view. so worth it. you can see the whole strip if you get a view of the beach front.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank clarisseramos89
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

our trip was booked through a travel agent for my friend's birthday. it was 5 of us and we got a decent deal. i read the reviews beforehand and wasnt surprised when i arrived. the resort looked like it was a really nice place back in the '80s. it needs to be painted, and updated badly. i would have gladly paid more money for a better place, but again we booked through a travel agent whose idea is to get a lower rate. when we arrived our rooms were not ready but we were able to go ahead and get lunch. the food was good that day and i figured the reviews may be wrong. i spoke too soon...sadly you can tell that items left from lunch or dinner were recycled into the next meal. the food was bland and it was just enough to keep us nourished. the food on the outside bar consisted of burgers, hot dogs, fries and nachos. the pool bar provided the best drinks and do not expect familiar brands of liquor here. the staff were very nice and tried to help as much as they could. our room had a balcony and an awesome view of the gorgeous beach below. the pool was small, but we had fun and met many people from other countries enjoying the view. sleeping at night was hard only because the air conditioning could not handle the humidity. we opened our patio door but the breeze would not come in...maybe the glass balcony blocked it, but it felt better outside than in our room. we had our air on the coldest it would go but it didnt help. the tiled floors were moist from the humidity and we had to wear flip flops while in the room. we stayed gone most of the time and toured cancun by the bus. it was only $1 us, and 10 pesos to ride the bus to the tourist attractions. we converted to pesos, but staff others outside the resort preferred us dollars. i enjoyed cancun and will stay at another resort with a better selection of restaurants for food. there is also no free wifi and it is $16 a day if you wanted it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tanettew
Guanajuato, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just came back last week (July 2014) and this place was great! The building is a little bit old as many people comment but you immediately forget it because they have 5 stars service, food and animators!
Don't let the bad comments fool you, the place looks just a little bit old, but it's not dirty or messy at all!
There's always food from 7am to 2am. They animators were great at the pool and they even have themed nights (disco, karaoke, mexican, etc) And I MUST tell you that food is great in this hotel! Everything is buffete-like and there are a lot of options.
The hotel is pretty much designed for families.
Amazing summer vacation! I miss Cancun!

Room Tip: Choose a room that have sea view! Even the bathroom have their own view to the beach, pretty relaxin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chavin R
Santa Clara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Place was an older building but the staff and service was 5 star. Great place for medium budget. Food was 3 stars. Great location to swim on the beach. No Ocean threats. Jelly fish or sharks no where around if your an ocean swimmer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Keldan S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Honestly I don't know why so many complaints! I stayed here the last week of June and I have nothing but GREAT comments. First of all my room was great, had a beach view and was very clean. Secondly the food was good too! Especially the desserts! Service was amazing! They knew me already and I felt at home! I ordered the same thing to drink and Manuel I believe his name was already had my drink waiting at the table once he saw me.. which was Una Agua de Jamaica ;) (Gracias Manuel!) Front desk was also great. My friend and I had so many questions and the lady helped us with a smile everytimr. The beach was sooo amazing, the water was warm and the view was spectacular! Definitely coming back next year!

• Stayed June 2014