“The most relaxing place ever.......”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“The most relaxing place ever.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We feel very lucky to have just stayed at this excellent hotel for the 4th time. The hotel continues to focus on their high standards and never fails to deliver. We never normally visit the same place twice however, once you have been here once you will understand why we can't help but keep coming back!!

Check In
We used our resort credit to upgrade to the governor suite which works well for us as you do have a fair amount of extra space, a separate bathroom and a balcony to enjoy a pre-dinner drink. At check in we had a problem getting into the suite on our first night however, this was quickly resolved by the proactiveness of the check in supervisor (he decided not to ignore the problem conversion that was in his ear shot), Gerrard - most impressed with the way you dealt with this, thank you!

Breakfast/Lunch
It was great to find familiar faces were still working at Le Blanc. A year later we walked in for breakfast and Mario remembered our preferences from English breakfast tea to our favourite juices - wow! He was closely followed by Fernando at lunch time remembering our favourites wines, how impressive! The staff at breakfast and lunch work really hard not only to serve but entertain! Thank you to Marco/Renan and the whole team including Alan & Gam.....

The quality of the food continues to be excellent. I was delighted that the chef Aquilano remembered that I was vegetarian and took great delight in making me special mexican breakfasts and lunches every day, thank you so much! One day my husband was ill and not only did he go out of his way to make special soup he came with me and personally delivered it to my husband in our room, now that's service!

I do miss the fruit sculptures in the restaurant though, the place looks like a bit bare without them!

Dinner
Our favourite restaurant is the Oriental, we were absolutely delighted to find that Edgar had been promoted to a captain. The food in here is fantastic and Edgar went out of his way to make sure I had different vegetarian meals each time and on the last night made us special pancakes. Thank you to waiter Edgar too!

Pool
Laura the pool manager does a great job making sure the area is not only tidy, popping by with fruit in the morning and other treats in the afternoon. She was always one step ahead of us having our towels all ready for us each morning and when she wasn't around Fanny took care of everything.

Look out for Anna, Lucinda & Jeannette who work so hard round the pool bringing you drinks and food and going out of their way to do anything they can do make your holiday more special.

Entertainment
It was sad to see that Alfonzo has left the entertainment team but Tatianna does a fantastic job filling that gap along with Laura. Tatianna speaks brilliant English and makes sure everyone is having a great time. She took time out to chat with us on many occassions and even gave us personal spanish lessons - muchas gracias Tatianna! The entertainment you can take or leave but I would recommend the fire show! Tatianna really did help make our holiday, she is a real asset to Le Blanc!

Butler Service
I am sorry that I have forgotten the name of my 7th floor butler but thank you! He got to know our preferences very quickly and made sure we always had a supply of wines and beers that we liked in our room and ensured our favourite room scent was topped up. The butlers are always so willing to do something for you and you actually feel bad if you don't have anything for them to do!

There is so much more to say but just trust the reviews you read and book this hotel you won't be disappointed! It would be great to see some more up to date beach furniture and in the outside lobby area but that's about the only bit of feedback we have!

Sarah & Colin

7 Thank skellytours
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear Sarah and Colin,
Thank you so much for giving Le Blanc your preference and trusting us with your vacations. We couldn’t be more delighted to know that every stay here leaves lots of pleasant memories and makes you want to come back. To our team there is no greater inspiration, then to realize that you remember every person you've met here, and their service. Thank you for all the comments and kind remarks addressed to the members of our team. We greatly appreciate your recommendations of our services and looking forward to your next trip to Le Blanc Spa Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,603)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The ambiance is relaxing and breathtaking. From the soothing music subtly played throughout the hotel, to the onyx tabletops and fixture lighting surrounding you with an elegant glow when night falls. The smell of aromatherapy was found everywhere in the hotel adding even more relaxation to our stay.
The customer service was impeccable, and the staff was beyond friendly and hospitable. The only down side may have been the food, maybe because it was a little bland, but then again you can ask for it to be spicy and they would accommodate. The hotel has four different restaurants to choose from and a breakfast buffet that was very delicious.

Room Tip: Ocean front was beautiful
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scrata052010
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Thank you for your nice review. It’s a true pleasure to know that you had a relaxing and peaceful vacation, enjoying services and the whole atmosphere of Le Blanc Spa Resort. Your comments about food has been shared with our head chef, please let me assure you that we are always willing to do our best to accommodate every personal preferences, and I hope we were able to fulfill your desires upon request. We all are looking forward to your future visits and opportunity to provide our best service.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Just Spent 4 days at the Le Blanc Resort and Spa in Cancun, their service is as good as it gets. If you are looking for an all inclusive resort that does not cut corners this is it. you get a beautifully furnished room with double Jacuzzi facing the window, 4 very nice restaurants - although the decoration is a bit cold and I would lower the lighting a bit- (international, italian, asian fusion and French), and unlimited liquor (nice brands, Bacardi, JW black Label, premium tequila brands - don Julio, Herradura etc, absolut vodka etc...)

The staff is incredibly attentive and smiling all the time, they go out of their way to see if you need anything and always end their interaction with a convincing "its a peasure". Their spa is world class, with a wide variety of services and amazing facilities. You also get what they call "Buttler Service" for example, the buttler had our suite Jacuzi ready for us with aromatherapy and the whole nine yards upon our return from a massage, you just give them the time, temperature and aroma you want and they take care of everything.

my only average comments have to do with their wine selection and the noise level on the room hallways, they could and should have a better wine selection based on what they provide everywhere else, they do not need to be extra expensive wines, but a few rioja, ribera del duero and french and italian wines in the 15-25 USD category would have been nice, instead you get a limited selection of wines from low quality regions in the all inclusive menus. They do need a wine advisor. Regarding the noise, we were allways woken by loud service carts on the hallways early in the morning and the noise insolation is not very good in the rooms. other than that, the place is simply perfect.

Room Tip: We had a Royal Honeymoon Suite facing the ocean, it was great , would advise to get a room towards t...
5 Thank AZMGSR
Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at Le Blanc. Your nice and motivating comments about our team and level of service we provide have been shared with all the Le Blanc staff. Allow me to apologize for those inconveniences you brought up and assure you that we are doing everything to create relaxing and enjoyable ambience for our guests. Your suggestions and comments are highly appreciated, as they are helping us in our efforts to make every stay comfortable and meet our guests expectations.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We just got back from a week at Le Blanc. This was our first all inclusive and we were looking to spend our vacation relaxing without worrying about a thing......definitely the right place to go. All the other reviews are pretty spot on. This place is truly amazing.
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation where you don't have a worry in the world, go here. Don't worry about what people say about Mexico......Mexico is a big country and just because there are crimes happening in one part of the country, it doesn't mean that it is generalized. Imagine not coming to visit the United States because you hear that the crime in one city is high. So, the hotel.......everything is beautiful, clean, and luxurious. There are staff constantly cleaning and making sure that every detail around the property is perfect. The food is generally very good at all of the restaurants.....you've probably read about the food in other reviews so no big detail here. The service.....this is what sets Le Blanc apart from everywhere else. All you hear is "my pleasure".......all of the staff makes it their job to ensure you are happy. Our butlers Mario and Miguel were fantastic. They were there to accommodate anything we wanted. They helped us with transportation and ensured that anything we wanted in our room was always available. As far as entertainment goes, you really have to make it yourselves. There is a fire show which is good, but besides that there is Salsa dancing and Karaoke several nights. If we had not found a group of people (of all ages) who like to participate, the nights could have been pretty low key. During the day, the entertainment staff is there for activities. Tatiana was incredible. I think my wife found a new best friend. So on to some tips.....
If you have resort credit, upgrade your room as soon as you get there and try to get on a higher floor. Trust me, the honeymoon suites are nice, but the other suites are nicer. Go to the spa as much as you can. The hydrotherapy will take you about 45 minutes, but it doesn't cost anything and it is really relaxing. We didn't do any excursions, but from what we heard, they typically take all day (except for the dolphin swim) and they drop you at some shopping places along the way....but overall we heard they are very good. We also recommend using your resort credit on a ride back to the airport.....book this as soon as you get there because it ends up full if you try 2-3 days before you leave. As far as the complaints I have heard from other reviewers about the timeshare people.....I think we were not in their demographic (too young), so nobody approached us once. In conclusion, just go here, you won't regret it.

7 Thank s r
Let me start by saying how much we appreciate positive words of tourists, visiting our region, about Cancun and Riviera Maya. Thanks to it’s places of interests and advanced tourism infrastructure, It is worth visiting and I am glad you felt safe and relaxed while here. At Le Blanc we make every effort to meet our guests expectations and to provide spectacular service with attention to every detail. We are glad to know that your enjoyed your time here and made new friends, which makes every trip even more special and memorable. Hopefully the opportunity for your next visit will present soon and we will have again a pleasure of being your hosts.
Northern ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We just came back form the Cancun wedding and week at this hotel! All I can say is Wow!

We have traveled a lot in the Caribbean to many locations and have been in Cancun 3 times now and this hotel is absolutely the best its perfect. Maybe I shouldn't tell you this! Too many people might read this, go and spoil it!

The hotel and staff are excellent in their attentiveness and courtesy. Not something you can say about many other so called 5 star hotels! Its true here! What a refreshing experience! perfection with a smile, and service wonderful.

The rooms were excellent, ocean room views that were stunning. We originally thought about upgrading to a suite before we saw our room, but once we were in there quickly changed our minds! It was that good and perfect.

The food and restaurants are without doubt the best all-inclusive we have ever had! The cuisine and service was exceptional in all areas. They go out of their way to accommodate your every wish! All are absolutely great. Pool attendants and Bar tenders are excellent no waiting at all! And with a smile too!

We had a great a la carte meals (no reservations required anywhere!) in particular one at the Italian restaurant when a small incident happened at our table (these things happen in the best of restaurants) and our excellent head waiter Manual (he was the best) was horrified at the situation. In a flash, and I mean a flash, the restaurant manager was at the table to make sure all was instantly taken care of! I suggested perhaps another table might be easier to move to and in another flash our party was moved and re-seated as if nothing had happened! Bravo! Kudo's to him and Manual! This is a obviously the result of excellent management training I'm sure.

The wedding for my niece was particularly nice. Not some cheesy affair that we have seen at other resorts, it was well done with feeling, sensitivity and class! From the pre wedding cocktails on the balcony overlooking the ocean to the actual ceremony itself. Even the wedding dinner on the beautiful terrace at dusk was exceptional. I am sure my niece will always remember it as a very special time in her life!

Don't misunderstand me! I seldom give praise where its undeserved! In fact I can be a bit too demanding I'm told. But in regard this review and hotel, even I cannot find anything at all to complain about. Its that good.

So yes......Go....Enjoy the Wonderful SPA (all the women and a few men where in heaven and enjoying its facilities) relax by the pools and unwind, you will not find anything better than this hotel in Cancun! its just perfect! Worth every penny! And I'm a cheap so and so...!

Cheers

I want to go back! perhaps I could live there!

Room Tip: Just go and get an ocean-view room, Then relax and enjoy yourself. don't forget to swim with th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mtc46jw
Thank you for your generous review. To us, being chosen for any special celebrations and weddings above all, is not only an honor but also a great responsibility, and we aim all our efforts to anticipate every need or desire of our guests. Our inspiration often comes from comments, positive remarks and smiles of our guests, and I thank you for giving us such an encouraging feedback. On behalf of all our team, let me express our gratitude for sharing with us and readers of Trip Advisor, your experience at Le Blanc, for your kind recommendations of our services and for planning to visit us again in the future, we hope your next trip to Le Blanc will be soon.
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My wife and I, spent our honeymoon at the Le Blanc Spa resort in Cancun this past September. What a place. But first a word about Cancun itself. We were at first thinking of going further down to a resort in Maya Riveria thinking Cancun was too big, too touristy, and maybe not as safe. Cancun is great, has all the aminities that one could be looking for and is as safe as anywhere in the US , Canada or anywhere else. The resort was spectacular. It is smaller ( around 200 rooms) whitch is what we prefer. It's modern decor with the white bakcground everywhere is very beautiful and prestine. This is not a big party hotel, on the contrary it is a quiet place to relax. If you like to spend some time reading, relaxing on a beautiful beach, or pools, or at an incredible spa; this is the place. Of course it as all the normal watersport and exercise activities. The food , drinks, and even the wine selection is the best we have had at such a place.We both love to golf, and the facilities are great. But most of all we were overwelmed by the service at the Le Blanc. Fanny at the pool was so kind and friendly, Alan( who calls himself Alan Jackson) was so great and funny and made a special effort to learn some french words. Antonio the chef checked with us all the time to make sure that the food was up to par, and provided us with a tour of all the kitchen facilities. There was Tatiana, the activity organizer, who called me Double L, with who we also had great conversation about Mexico and international affairs. Then there was Renan,Luis, Laura, Marco, our sommelier Gerardo and our butlers Miguel and Mario who were all so kind, friendly and thoughful. Had a chance to meet some wonderful guest at the resort , especially Ian and Rachel from England. It is worth spending a few dollars more to stay at the Le Blanc resort; there is no doubt about it. With no hesitaion we highly recommend this place if you need a real break.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lougil
Thank you for your comments about Cancun, I am glad to know that all your concerns disappeared once you arrived and enjoyed your vacation in this unique region. We all are grateful for your nice review of the resort, it is great to know that you found it spectacular and the food and wines were all to your liking. What a delight to know that so many pleasant moments and memories of your vacation are connected to work of our team, thank you for mentioning names of those who provided you remarkable service. Thank you again for your recommendations; it will be our pleasure to be your hosts in Cancun again.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Just spent six days here and it was a superb experience. Even the storm was enjoyable! Fortunately it only lasted a day. The staff are very, very good - we only tried to move our umbrella once!
Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Heligolfer
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
Thank you for this feedback and your recommendations. It was a pleasure to be your hosts here in Cancun and we hope to welcome you back to Le Blanc for another relaxing hideaway vacation.