“This jaded traveller was thoroughly impressed!”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Canada
“This jaded traveller was thoroughly impressed!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I travel often in my role as a meeting / incentive planning company owner. I admit, I am thoroughly spoiled, very critical and of course, jaded.

I don't usually give raving reviews but I was so impressed with LeBlanc that I'm giving them 5*.

Our room was a standard room, with partial oceanview all on one level (room 720). The double headed shower, the double bathtub, pillow menu, aromatherapy menu and bath salt menu were the first of many "wows".

Not all was perfect thought ... the duck at the French Fusion restaurant was awfully tough and I wasn't thrilled with the tenderloin in the Italian restaurant... but the staff's concern for our perfect vacation more than offset these two minor issues. The internet kept cutting out in our room, which was a bit annoying considering we needed to keep in touch with our kids at home. The butler told me that it's a problem with MexTel.

Perhaps the biggest impact from the service was that there was never that awkward moment when we asked for something (champagne and strawberries delivered to our room for example). Although the staff gave not even the slightest hint of an expectation for a tip, they were very gracious when we offered a token of appreciation.

I've stayed at many properties in many countries and I can honestly say that we will be back many times to LeBlanc because of the fantastic staff. They even seem to have fun with each other while working.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IDICarol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,662)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thorold
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We are Palace members and stayed here as part of our purchase package, a free week. We had some minor plumbing issues our first night here-our shower didn't drain and flooded the room floor. The situation was fixed while we were out for dinner and we didn't have repeat. The room was very nice but not spectacular the real stand outs at Le Blanc are the service and the food. The people working here are all very special, sincerely wanting to help, a lovely experience. The food was excellent, the lunch buffet is the best I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Lumiere French restaurant was also one of the better dining experiences we have had, again largely due to the quality of service. All in, a very nice place, very quiet and relaxing, wonderful for romantic couples.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Mark K
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Allow me take this opportunity and extend my apologies for the inconvenient situation in your room, as well as assure you that our maintenance department is working to ensure all in-room facilities are functioning properly before guest’s check in.
Thank you for sharing with us positive comments on the quality of food and service; we all are happy to know that your stay was filled with relaxation and romance.
It will be a pleasure welcoming you back to Le Blanc in the future; please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance or further comments.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2011

What a way to spend 6 sun kissed days. My husband and I just returned from our oasis getaway at Le Blanc. They have everything covered for you, so that you do not need to lift a finger.
Their attentive service is at your command 24 hours a day. Relax by the pool, not a problem. They follow you with towels, pillows, water with ice bucket, maybe you're in the mood for snacks.
They wouldn't want you to leave your chair!
The food is exceptional, in my opinion. I don't often get to dine on fillet and lobster, truffle butter, and various other dishes that are made just for you. When the hustle and bustle of life starts to show its ugly face, Le Blanc melts it all away.
The atmosphere is tranquil, and the staff emulates that very feeling. Every move, every word is carefully chosen,every cocktail made, every bed made,every dish prepared is thoughtful and well presented.
The rooms are comfy with all the amenities you would except, and if they don't have it, your butler will do his best to provide it. The beds and sheets are so comfy, sometimes you don't want to get out of bed. We had the best view of both the sea side and the lagoon side, heavenly, both sun rise and sun set in one view, and no upgrade required!(Room 622)
We especially enjoyed the various musicians that played in the evening. Solo performances by a violinist, saxophonist, cellist were very entertaining.
During our walks on the beach, and on the street side, we encountered the friendliness of all the locals. Everyone we encountered had an Hola for us, and a smile. Even the vendors at the flea market were comical. Everyone extending their best 'pick up' line, but very good natured.
Cancun and the Riviera are very safe with an obvious tourist police presence. I always felt safe, never approached in a negative way, only friendly hospitality here. There has been some negative media in Mexico lately, but in this part of Mexico, I believe their reputation is pristine. Again, these are my personal experiences and observations but the spirit and hospitality of the Mexican people inspire me.
See what it's like to be a Rock Star, go to Le Blanc!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea and lagoon view
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vacayseeker65
We all are delighted to know that your recent vacation at Le Blanc Spa Resort was relaxing and inspiring. We hope you will back soon, to enjoy our pool side service, variety of international cuisine and serene atmosphere, enhanced by aromatherapy, evening music concerts and friendliness of the staff.
Cork
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We are a same sex couple that got “married” in Ireland on the 11.11.11 and we went to Le Blanc Hotel & Resort on our honeymoon. We definitely made the right choice with this hotel, it was just pure luxury from top to bottom. When we arrived at the hotel we were met at the door by a staff member with 2 glasses of their famous coconut milk drink and were shown to the check in desk. I am not sure if the hotel knew that we were a same sex couple on our honeymoon before we arrived so we were a bit sceptical as to how we would be treated. (We had heard of stories where same sex couples were not treated very nicely on their honeymoon - not at Le Blanc but just in general) We were warmly welcomed and given an upgrade to a junior honeymoon suite which was fantastic for us. Check in was very quick and it was evident to see they were expecting us.

We were taken to our room, where we met with our butler who asked us if we wanted him to unpack out cases and told us that if there was anything we wanted to just let him know. I am terrible for remember names but all the butlers that were on duty from the 14th to the 24th of November on the 4th floor were fantastic. Our room had 2 balconies, one balcony which was just the sliding doors looking out over the lagoon and the bigger one that you could sit out on looked over the garden and the beach at the side of the hotel. Everything in our room was perfect, the double shower, the double Jacuzzi, the mini bar etc. We don’t drink much so the beers & spirits were not touched but the minerals were re-stocked every day. We love Ginger Ale and one day we met the man that re-stocks the bar and asked him if he had any in the trolley but he didn’t. The next day when we came back to our room our mini bar had been stocked with cans of Ginger Ale – this is what we call 5 star quality.

When we arrived in our room, there was a bottle of champagne, a chocolate cake and a note advising us of the special honeymooners dinner. The one thing we didn't like about the note was it was made out to Mr. & Mrs. We took the note back to the check in desk and ask them to correct it but we didn't hear anything back so we asked our butler the next day and he kindly organized it for us. The dinner was very nice and romantic and we were made feel just as welcome as the other couples that were there.

The food in the hotel was definitely 5 star quality, we loved every bit of it. The breakfast was perfect every morning; we either ate in the International or by the pool for lunch and both were also perfect. Our favourite was the French followed by the Asian but all the restaurants were lovely and the staff in all of them were very nice and accommodating. We never felt out of place being a same sex couple (maybe they thought we were just 2 friends on holiday) but we were always made to feel very comfortable.

The Spa was just fantastic as well, so relaxing and enjoyable. We went for a treat on our second day and we just slept for the rest of the day we were so relaxed. We were very impressed with the turn down service every night, our room was always cleaned we thought this was very impressive as well. Always clean towels. When we came back from the pool we would shower and go for dinner and by the time we got back our towels and bathroom was cleaned again - fantastic.

On our third day we were asked if it was ok to allow maintenance into our room to fix the Jacuzzi which we had no problem with. However when we came back to the room, the hatch at the end of the Jacuzzi was left on the floor and there was dirt all over the bathroom floor, in the shower and also in the Jacuzzi. Some of the electricity/power in the room had also been turned off. We called our butler and the whole situation was fixed within an hour and the staff apologized and assured this matter would be addressed with maintenance. This was just a minor incident to us and it was all sorted very fast again.

We loved just sitting outside the hotel in the lounging area looking over the pool at night before we went to dinner and after we had dinner. We really can't wait to go back to Le Blanc again - it was truly amazing and we are highly recommending Le Blanc to all our family and friends and especially to any same sex couples looking for a fantastic honeymoon destination.

Thanks to everyone at Le Blanc for making our honeymoon so special - we will hopefully be back very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are fab
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SeasonedTraveler1
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
It’s always an honor to be trusted with honeymoon celebration and we do make our best effort to ensure that it is as special and romantic as it should be. We want the feeling of comfort and relaxation to prevail during your Le Blanc holidays, therefore attention to details and desire to satisfy every request and anticipate them is so important for us, and I am proud that butlers, Spa, housekeeping and minibar services were a good example of that during your stay. I apologize for the incident you experienced during your stay, as our guests room is the place that should be handled with extra care and attention to avoid any kind of inconvenience. I am glad that the situation was fixed fast and without any undesirable consequences, please do not hesitate that we are being more cautious in order to avoid it from happening in the future.
Please receive once again our congratulations, thank you for your kind and very valuable recommendations.
We are looking forward to your new visits of our resort in the future.
Washington DC
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I've always stayed away from all-inclusive places, but Le Blanc was much nicer that I expected. The overall look is south beach - very bright lobby area with attentive staff. The rooms are spacious with a soaking tub. You have a butler on each floor to assist you with any requests you have. The resort has three pools - two on the same side as the beach and one on back side of the resort so it gets afternoon sun.

Beverage service at the beach and both pools is fast and the alcohol is top shelf. I didn't really eat a lot of food at the resort with the exception of lunch around the pool. I never ate in any of the restaurants because I went off property for dinner. I did speak with folks around the pool and they loved the food Italian restaurant.

If you are considering an all-inclusive in Cancun this is a first rate place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank DRMBinDC
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
We are very glad and grateful that, looking for luxurious, all inclusive vacation, your choice fell on Le Blanc, and you were not disappointed.
Offering all-inclusive service, our commitment is to deliver exceptional experience in every aspect, which defines a quality of any vacation: variety of services and highly professional team, quality of food and beverages, rooms, facilities, relaxing atmosphere.
I’m hopeful you will be visiting us again and we will get an opportunity to impress you with courteous service and appetizing dishes while dining at our restaurants.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We stayed at Le Blanc about 1.5 years ago, for our honeymoon. I know this review is long overdue, but I had taken very detailed notes on most aspects of our stay.

To summarize, Le Blanc is the best place we have stayed in Cancun / Riviera Maya (counting out of 5 total resorts, all of which pretty highly rated). The level of accomodations, service, quality of the spa, food, entertainment were all top notch.

Our check-in was smooth, starting with the friendly greeting of Raul in his trademark beret.
The front desk was expecting us, with our file marked as "honeymoon".

We spent about 5 minutes with the Guest Services lady, who was very friendly, helpful, and only mentioned briefly about the timeshare presentation. I kindly declined and she never bothered us again, but always willing to help if we had a question.

Then off to 9th floor, where our friendly concierge spent about 15 minutes explaining us everything. We made friends with both of our concierges, and they were always very friendly to us, and very helpful. E.g., we got them to call to area salsa clubs to find out open times, band times, cover charges, etc.

ROOM
The rooms are small, but modern. I liked the french balcony. E.g., you can open the doors and sit in the front, still feeling like you have a full balcony.

Due to construction, the walls are a little thin, so it is possible to hear neighbords. The noise from the hallway is minimal.

We used the in-room scents every day, changing between relaxing and energizing smells. We also used the pillow service on about half the days. And once, we used the in-room jacuzzi. Our concierge set up the jacuzzi for us in advance, and it was nice to return to the room from the dinner, and just dip into the water, with the candles and all.

Score: 4.5

SPA / Health

My wife is a professional spa-goer, while I avoid massage like the plague. So this works out well, because we split the resort credits. She takes all the spa credits, while I take the remainder I and go gambling. J/K.

Wife used the spa about 3 or 4 times for massage and whatever else they do (like painting the toe nails and such). Meanwhile, I used the spa without the massage. I went almost every day, and it was a great relaxation. I used the reflexology, dry heat room, steam room, then the hot jacuzzi, and the cool pool. About 45 minutes a day.

Also, I used the gym pretty regularly, and took 2 classes that I can remember. The instructor at the gym was great. Took a 45-60 minute kick-boxing class, and it was great.

I also played pool volleyball twice. It was good fun.

FOOD

We tried to vary our dinners, going to French 2x, the main restaurant 3 or 4 times, and the Asian once or twice. French was great. 5 or 6 course menu, with small portions, delifhtfully tasty. We tried the mexican / american food in the main, which was good, but not as good and consistent as the French.

During lunch, the buffet was great. I mostly ate proteins and veggies / fruits. Also, once a day, we had the cold sea-food medley with guac in the main pool area.

Overall, the buffet food was almost as good as the best we have had, but not quite. The dinner food was great at times, good at other times.

Also, there was a special honey-mooners only dinner. I did not realize there were so many honeymooners staying there. The dinner was a nice touch.

Also, we tried one other special dinner, the fancy Moet and Lobster dinner. It was good, but like one other poster said, I did not see it worth the #350 funny money points. But then again, 1500 points is just a freebe, so no complaints.

Score: 4 (because I think it could be improved in some respects).

BARS / Drinks

We are not big drinkers. Wife drinks girly drinks like pina coladas, colored margaritas, mojitos, martinis, etc. I mostly drank 3 things: beer, mojitos, and grand marnier on ice.

During dinner, we occasionally shared a bottle of wine. I thought wine selections was great (but then again, we are not wine snobs. I can only tell red wine from white wine, that's it).

Bartenders were great. And the service at the bars was great. We used the pool area bar, the main lobby bar, and the one at the club (3rd floor). I liked hanging out at that bar at night.

INTERIOR / Architecture / Amenities / Etc

The hotel has a Miami-white theme. In the words of my wife, hotel Le Blanc feels like the Sagamore in Miami: it is all white and has a very chic feel.

The hotel uses aromas throughout. E.g., in lobby, on each floor, and in the rooms. The quality of construction is modern, and clean.

The hotel is relatively new, and most everything is in excellent condition. The rooms could be have been made more noise-proof.

The positioning of the building and the pools is good. The ocean-side / main pool is good for the morning to early pm hours. The back-side pool is good for later pm hours, although both are good from the point of view of getting sun (this based on visit in May / June).

SERVICE / CONCIERGE

Service was super-fantastic. We stayed on the 9th floor. Our concierges were just awesome. Can't say enough thanks.

Most waiters knew us by about 2nd day, and remembered little things about us, like where we are from, and that we are honeymooning, and that we like salsa, and that our Spanish sucks :). Also, one of our waiters learned a few words from my native language in addition to speaking to us in a few languages, like English, German, and Russian.

ENTERTAINMENT

We enjoyed the entertainment quite a lot. We loved: (1) the fire show, which was the best show I had seen that far, (2) the live bands, which was salsa one night, and just general pop-rock another night.

Also, I loved going to the gym, and the fact that there were trainers in the gym and classes. Also, liked the volley-ball in the pool.

No cheesy entertainment, which was good.

Score: 5

OVERALL

Overall, Le Blanc deserves 5 circles.

I am basing my review and scoring here on the experience of staying in the following hotels: Dreams Pt Aventuras, Excellence Riv Maya, Sun Palace, Moon Palace, Cancun Palace.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Delta_Neutral
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing with us this review. Honeymoon is always a very special event, memories of which are kept through the lives, therefore it’s always a pleasure to be chosen for honeymoon celebrations, and thanks to your review, realize that, after 1.5 years you kept so many good memories and were kind to share such specific details of our resort and your holidays here. I am sure you will find many improvements, which we are constantly working on, including our restaurants and variety of cousin and dishes able to meet different tastes.
Should you give us an honor to host your holidays or, maybe, wedding anniversary, it will be our pleasure to make this future trip as enjoyable as possible.
Lufkin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Just book this hotel. It is truly awesome and paradise whether you are awake or asleep. Don't think about it twice...don't worry about it at all...it is safe safe safe....don't worry about the money as it is worth it....The food at the International restaurant is 5 star and you won't care to try anything else. The views from every room are awesome. Get ready to sink into the bed underneath soft sheets with great pillows. The beach is gorgeous. The spa and salon are impeccably clean and 5 star. The guests are all so happy that they are friendly to everyone. The staff is professional and pleasant. Each floor has its own butler that is extremelly competent. Hard as I may try, I can find absolutely nothing negative to report. Will definitely return to this beautiful place and cannot recommend it highly enough to all of you seeking something a little "over the top" and worth spending a little extra money. It is worth every cent!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mona H
Andreas_mx, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
There is nothing that recommends Le Blanc better then positive comments of our guests. We are delighted to know that your vacation with us was pure relaxation, and you truly enjoyed quality of restaurants, attention of the staff, spa treatments, as well as your room.
One of our goals is to create relaxed atmosphere, and it’s very nice to know that many times our guest’s are leaving Le Blanc with beautiful memories as well as new good friends.
It will be a pleasure welcoming you back to Le Blanc in the future and provide you any assistance with pre-arrival arrangements.