“A relaxing trip to our 2nd home!”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this excellent hotel in April / May for his 50th birthday. I am never sure what else I can write about this hotel that is different from what we have already said but it really does keep getting better!

Check-in was as swift as ever and whilst we were disappointed with the location of our 1st room (on the 2nd floor facing into the trees) we were moved after a couple of days.

On our first morning we were heading out to find sun loungers and Laura as always was ahead of us and had towels on sunbeds in our favourite spot waiting for us - now that's service, how does she remember everything! If Laura wasn't around Lucinda would make sure we were well looked after too - we just love Lucinda's laugh! A welcome addition this year is the cushions on the sunbeds, why didn't you do this years ago, what a difference! The only problem now is it is difficult to move off the sunbeds as they are so comfortable and everyone keeps bringing food and drink to your bed - huge thank you to Janette, Chris, Myra, Joe - you work so hard!

We normally come to this hotel in October when the occupancy is low and were therefore worried about the impact on the service with such high occupancy in April.........really why did we even think about worrying as goodness knows where everyone went all day but the service was as excellent as always and you couldn't tell the difference in the occupancy.

Breakfast and lunch isn't breakfast and lunch without the fantastic team of Stephanie, Marco, Mario, David, Isabella, Aquilino and Julio! If for any reason you don't find yourself smiling when you arrive at breakfast Stephanie will have you smiling in seconds. Stephanie is fantastic at her job and we enjoyed our long chats - hope you didn't get in trouble!! I said to my husband one day this is ridiculous we are in a buffet restaurant for breakfast and lunch but we never need to leave our seat as food keeps arriving and that's all thanks to the wonderful chefs Aquilino and Julio!! I'm vegetarian and I really do appreciate the efforts that they went to, to ensure that I had something different to eat each day.

Shortly after arriving from the UK I didn't feel too well having brought one of the bugs that had been going around with me. As soon as Aquiliano got wind of this he wanted to help and after dragging myself out to my sun lounger I saw Aquilino coming my way with Marco, he had brought our version of porridge out to my sunbed to help settle my stomach - what a guy! Even the next day he was checking how I was feeling and what he could make for me to help my recovery!

As always Edgar the captain in the Italian restaurant went out of his way to ensure we had a fantastic holiday and surprised us with a romantic dinner at the end of holiday. The food was glorious. This is a relaxing restaurant and things happen slowly so if you like your courses one after the other this might now be restaurant for you.

The service from Rodger in the Oriental restaurant was again outstanding. On arrival we were browsing the menus but no need he had already let chef Max know we were in the restaurant and the menus were thrown out the window and excellent food kept arriving!

As the hotel was busier there was more entertainment in the evening and we particularly loved the new Il divo show on the beach. Alfonso the entertainment manager is a great guy who not only organises all these events but spends time speaking with everyone to see if there is anything he can help with. The bar upstairs was busier too and we had great fun with Michael and Luis.

I think the morale of the story is it doesn't matter when you go to this hotel you will always receive the same excellent service from dedicated hard working staff in a beautiful location.

Sarah & Colin

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skellytours
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your experience at our Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. It is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family and to know that our staff members continue to exceed your expectations in every one of your visits; From Laura, Lucinda, Jeanette, Chris, Myra and Joe by the pool side taking care of your every need, Stephanie, Marco, Mario, David and Isabel with their warm welcome every morning, Julio, Edgar, Roger, Max, Alfonso, Michel and Luis with their incredible attentiveness to Aquilino who continues to be an example of outstanding customer service not only with his attention to details and delightful dishes, but for making our guests feel at home. Please be sure they all will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future to your home away from home and continue to create memories together.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,022)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am pleased to use perfection and LeBlanc in the same sentence. As Diamond members and 7 time visitors to our “home away from home” we still smile when we arrive at pristine LeBlanc Spa and Resort. We return to LeBlanc because of the caring and professional staff who have become our extended family. LeBlanc sets the standard for luxury, sophistication and comfort. Our driver Ramone whisks us away from the busy airport and Joe greets us with our favorite drink and fresh towel. Diamond Concierge Roger continues to provide excellent service and is such a gentleman. Mario and Leslie are a pleasant edition to the front desk and guest relations area. Our room 726 overlooked both the southern beach view and beautiful lagoon sunsets. Plan to be in your Jacuzzi with champagne for at least one sunset during your stay. Props to butlers Hugo and Alex for the special touches. Good luck to Trainee butler Mario. Special thanks for Manager Marcos in the International Restaurant for delicious breakfasts and lunches each day. Talented Chef Aquilino, waiter Armando, Isabel, Leslie, Paulo, Elvis, Chef Adrian, Sommelier Gerardo, Santiago, Paschal, Luis, Elias work as a team to provide the best food and service. Our evening meals at the Asian Restaurant were wonderful. Mgr. Renan, hostess Erika, Chef Maximo and Isiaha, sushi chef Eduardo, waiter Pedro and Herman, Jose prepared our favorites. The Italian restaurant Mgr Edgar pays special attention to detail. Thanks Chef Adrian for making my very favorite parmesan crepes! Guillermo and Jonathan in the 3rd Floor bar were a delight. Filipe, Raul and Ivan kept the drinks flowing at the pool bar. Lucinda and Laura are efficient and friendly. Our romantic dinner was very memorable. Mgr Frederick, waiter Adrian and dessert chef Catalina provided excellent service and delicious food. Each morning sweet Arlett would prepare my favorite latte. Karina in the salon and is up on the latest hair color and cut suggestions. Alfonso the entertainment mgr could be seen each evening working hard behind the scenes to ensure guests have the best entertainment experiences. The nightly entertainment of Alejandra Milan and the Tenors are still our favorites and were as polished as ever. We will miss seeing Alejandra on our next trip in December. Food and Beverage Mgr Janai has a wonderful team of chefs and staff who are dependable and very talented. Overall, the GM Andreas Schmidt continues to impress even these seasoned Diamond Members and Palace travelers. Wunderbar!

2  Thank cintraveler2014
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting your holidays for the seventh time, it is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. It is thank you to our staff members’ everyday efforts and attention to details we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. Nevertheless it is even a bigger satisfaction to know they not only provide great holidays to our guests, but make them feel welcome and at home. Allow me to let you know Ramon, Joe, Roger, Mario, Leslie, Hugo, Alex, Marcos, Aquilino, Armando, Isabel, Paulo, Elvis, Adrian, Gerardo, Santiago, Paschal, Luis, Elias, Renan, Erika, Maximo, Eduardo, Pedro. Herman, Jose, Edgar, Guillermo, Jonathan, Felipe, Raul, Ivan, Lucinda, Laura, Adrian, Catalina, Arlett, Karina, Alfonzo and Janai will be recognized for the amazing service provided during your stay. Be sure we all at Le Blanc are looking forward to your soon return and continue to create incredible memories together.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were traveling with my brother and his wife who are Palace members. Originally were scheduled to stay at Beach Palace but they were unable to give us the type of rooms we had reservations for so they sent us to LeBlanc. Wow!!! Are we so glad that they did! This resort is amazing! The beach is beautiful, the service is over the top and the food was delicious! We loved the pampering from our butlers Javier and Francisco. We had a lagoon view, which is beautiful, but would have enjoyed the ocean view better. The resort is immaculate and always smelled soooo good! The staff there is second to none. They will do anything and everything for you. Our only downfall to the resort are there are no balconies at the rooms. Love our mornings and evenings sitting out there. But definitely wouldn't stop me from returning again. One of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. Loved, loved our stay there. And.... you must try the stuffed French toast on the 3rd level outdoor restaurant for breakfast. So delicious!

4  Thank thommom

It was a pleasure to have the opporuntity to host your recent holidays in Cancun. I am sorry to read the inconveniences experienced with your original reservation, nevertheless it is a great pleasure to know our staff members went above and beyond to make of this holiday a memorable experience. Thank you for all of your kind words, they motivate us to continue to provide a better service every day. Allow me to let you know Javier and Francisco will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you another incredible holiday.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have procrastinated in getting this done.We visited Le Blanc from 01 May through 15 May 2014. Last year we did one week. This year we decided to try two weeks. Frankly, I figured that by the end of the second week, we would be totally ready to go home. Wrong answer! It still hurt to have to leave.

What a great resort!. The services was as first rate as ever, but the food had actually improved greatly. The Executive Chef has totally raised the bar throughout the resort. We had excellent meals throughout the stay. One evening my steak in the International was a little tough and over cooked, but other than that they were all great. My wife thinks I can be a food snob, we are fortunate enough to eat in a lot of top restaurants around the world. Le Blanc holds it's own with anybody. do the Chef's Dinner it was great and he puts on an excellent show in putting it together. Mario is not only a great cook, but also obviously a great manager and motivator.

We were fortunate to have Carlos and Louiz once again as our Butlers. Thank you guys for a great job and for making Lynda's birthday special again this year.

Thanks also to Laura who does the towels and chairs at the main pool. I hope management is aware that you are the hardest working person at the resort besides just being a sweet, sweet person.

For breakfast and lunch I must thank Armando and Elias, they took great care of of for breakfast and lunch. Armando I miss my special Cerviche you would get for me.

Doulce and Tanyia (Trainee) you girls make the lobby bar and excellent gathering place.

Almost all the staff in the restaurants are great, buy Vidal in the Asian got us the best meal out of the two weeks. It was a fantastic meal (i worked for Korean companies for 11 years) I have had lots of asian food over the years, but that one meal will always stand out.

I wanted to kidnap and bring Anna Louisa off the front desk and bring her home, but my wife informs me I need to start acting my age.

Maybe 3 weeks would work even better.

3  Thank rhancock757
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

It was an absolutely pleasure to have the opportunity to host your holidays one more occasion. Our staff members are our number one asset and the reason we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. From Mario’s great attentiveness, Carlos and Luis taking care of your everyday needs, Laura with her warm smile by the pool side, Elias, Dulce and Tania at the lobby bar being a great company, Vidal at the Orient restaurant and Ana Luisa at front desk, I am proud they continue to provide our guests memorable experiences. Please be sure they all will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future for another incredible Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Once again a fabulous holiday experience had again. The staff could not do enough to make you feel welcome and make the stay perfect. Sarah was the star in the spa doing the best massages ever. Elizabeth was our pool waitress who was so charming and lovely and again, couldn't do enough for you! The hotel was pristine as usual and the rooms to die for.

Pool area was clean and well maintained, if one complaint the supposed relaxation music was too loud on some occasions. Restaurants were again exemplary and food quality you would expect from a 5 star resort. Again, only complaint is that menus were a bit samey and limited choices with too many fish dishes, but that because I am a bit fussy.

The biggest draw is the resort credit which is a real bonus and the cost to you is only the tax of 16% to pay locally? However saying that, I think the real draw is the superb staff that work there, nothing was ever too much for them to ensure that you had the best time possible!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia F

Thank you for taking the time of sharing you recent experience at our Resort with the readers. I am pleased to know our staff members continue to exceed your expectations in every one of your visits and make you feel welcome an at home. Thank you for all of your comments, it is thank you to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again to our Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have been members of Palace Resorts for 10 years. We visited all of them including Hard Rock.We LIKE the food and service but with Le Blanc we LOVE the food and service.We cannot find a different word to describe it that have been not used yet; GREAT,ULTIMATE,IMPECABLE,FANTASTIC,FAULTLESS,PERFECT ETC.

Worthyof a splurge? Oh YES, every cent!

This was our second time since the opening in 2006. We certainly will not wait another 8 years before returning.

Room Tip: any room facing the ocean, the higher the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FoliesCheres

It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort. I truly would like to express my most sincere gratitude for your kind words. It is a great pleasure to know our staff members continue to exceed our guests’ expectations with their incredible attentiveness. I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Le Blanc is an amazing experience! First off, it's Cancun...everything is wonderful in Cancun!
LeBlanc just takes it to another level. An adults only spa resort, it is peaceful and quiet, so that you may enjoy your beautiful surroundings in the most capable hands of the hospitality staff, who are muy excellente!

From our first moment of arrival to our departure, we were treated in the most excellent manner possible. We left there feeling we had an amazing vacation at an amazing place. The hotel decor is all white, promoting peace and tranquility. Each room comes with a private Butler. These gentlemen do their utmost to ensure you have an amazing experience. The best Butler in my opinion is Alex, on the 1st floor. They also have a great spa with all the amenities. A hydrotherapy foot massager, steam and saunam all at your pleasure with a spa attendant always looking after you. During our stay I frequented the spa on many occasions and Catalina always made sure I had cool cucumbers on my eyes and a delicious pineapple ginger water. The spa salon allows you to use your hotel credits to get a haircut manicure/pedicure. I had Norma cut my hair and she did a great job!
The rooms are very nice. We were fortunate enough to enjoy both a lagoon view room and an ocean view room during our 9 day stay. I highly recommend the ocean view on the sunrise side. It is just a breath taking view.
The dining experiences are exquisite as well. They have the french restaurant...where everything is delicious. Ask for Aldo and his team of helpers - Atziri, Daniela and Ivan. They will make sure that you have an unforgettable evening.
The Oriental restaurant with sushi, Thai and any oriental flavor you desire will make you want to keep going back for more. Rolando was our waiter and he was always there to please.
For breakfast it's the buffett. They have a great selection to choose from and everything is delicious. You must have your omellette made for you by Ismael. She is the abuela you want in your kitchen. She has such a beautiful spirit, always making yummy food with a huge smile. Have Monica seat you with Miguel, they too are part of the exceptional staff I encountered on this trip.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who want an amazing experpence vacationing in Cancun

Room Tip: Ocean view sunrise side as high as possible
3  Thank TheArmenianHobo
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. It is always a great pleasure to receive such kind words regarding the service received from our staff members as they are the main reason we continue to be the number hotel in Cancun. I am glad to know Alex did everything in his hands to take care of all your needs as well as Catalina and Norma with their incredible attentiveness at the Spa. Allow me to let you know they will be recognized along Aldo, Atziri, Daniela, Ivan, Rolando, Monica, Miguel and Isabel with her wonderful smile for the outstanding service provided during your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back for another memorable experience and continue to create memories together.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
#2 of 7 in Playa Mujeres
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 177 in Cancun

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!