“Worth the $$”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 8 June 2014

There is a reason this resort is #1 on trip advisor. Wonderful service, amazing food, and fun activities. We only stayed for 3 nights, we wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was amazing. Definitely go to the spa while you're there and go early to take advantage of the sauna and steam room. The rooms were clean and very modern. The entertainment was better than anywhere else we've been. The resort is small in comparison to some of the other resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya but i really liked that you can get anywhere on the resort in less than 5 mins. If you haven't been here yet, book it - you won't regret it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chicago_Traveler617
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for recommending Le Blanc Sap Resort not only with friends and family but with Trip Advisor Readers. It is a great pleasure to know we were able to provide you with the relaxing holiday you were looking for. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed our spa facilities highlighted by our staff attentiveness. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another incredible holiday.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you're looking to completely relax and unplug on your vacation look no further. Two words ... Le Blanc. This all- inclusive has fantastic rooms, delicious food, and an impeccable staff that will make you feel so welcome that you will think this your second home. Thanks again to the Le Blanc staff (Frank & Francesco (butlers), Alfredo & Manuel (int'l) , Dulce & her "daughters" (lobby bar), Roger (orient) and Michael (sommelier) for making our vacation extra special! Already looking forward to our next visit!

Matt & Jan
West Virginia

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank MattHefferin

It is an honor to receive such kind words regarding your recent stay at our Resort. I am pleased to know our staff members continue not only to exceed our guests’ expectations but make them feel welcome and at home. Please be sure Frank, Francisco, Alfredo, Manuel, Dulce, Roger and Michael will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back for another relaxing and pampered holiday.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to our floor concierges, Frank and Jonathon. Restaurant and spa service were superb. We were blown away by the fitness center. It is very well equipped if you are just exercising on your own, but the class selection was just awesome. Between the various offerings in yoga and exercise, you could not possibly do all of them in one week. I particularly enjoyed the TRX classes with Marisol and Daniel (they are tough!) and the pool spin bike classes with Daniel.

Room Tip: If it matters to you, the floors are triangular, so one side is ocean view, another partial ocean vi...
1  Thank TeskeyRJ

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holiday. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed while being our guest, especially our gym facilities highlighted by Marisol and Daniel’s attentiveness. Allow me to let you know they have been recognized along Frank and Jonathan for taking care of your everyday needs. We all look forward to your return and provide you another memorable experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

A couple of weeks ago a reviewer, (ironically from the same town my wife and I live in) commented something to the effect that the mark of a great vacation is when you feel sad / feel like crying when it's time to leave, or in my own words when it's time to return to reality. I have felt that way every time I have stayed at Le Blanc, well maybe not crying but definitely sad. Le Blanc is the crown jewel of Palace Resorts and it is for a reason. It is also a 5 Diamond rated resort and #1 resort on Trip Advisor for the same reason and it is justified. Here is why: Other resorts including other Palace Resorts have Superstar Team Members; Le Blanc is a Team of Superstars who work very, very hard, are highly trained, seem genuinely happy to be there and totally understand the meaning of "Customer Service". They are also the politest group of folks I have ever met. The Team at Le Blanc is the reason why Le Blanc is as good as it is- clearly the heart & soul of the place. They turn the hotel into a warm, welcoming “home away from home”. I have never had a negative interaction with a member of the Le Blanc Team. Let's look at some specifics about Le Blanc. Cost: On the surface Le Blanc seems expensive, however it is a value for the money when you look at what is available vs. the cost of those amenities in an a la carte setting, (I do cost comparisons/ evaluations for a living). The new trendy "Zen" hotel on the opposite side of the Hotel Zone charges more than 5 bucks for a bottle of water, at Le Blanc an endless supply of iced water at pool / ocean side is provided. This is just one example, there are many. I have heard folks say that they would never use all the amenities if they had to pay for each of them. Ok that is a fair comment - but you do use them at Le Blanc - is that not the point of a vacation? Seriously, we are not talking about roughing it here in a tent. Le Blanc has a couple of Apps. In the Apps you can see some of the amenities that come with a stay at Le Blanc, (you don't need to be a guest to get into the Apps). Other reviewers have pointed out many of them; I won't bore you again. Food: There are 4 main restaurants, (International, Italian, Asian and French) as well as a Pizza oven, pool / beach snack bars, snacks in the lobby and a pretty elaborate 24/7 room service menu. The food is outstanding - especially since it is an all-inclusive. Some seem to think that adding hotel and all inclusive make it become a Holiday Inn Express attached to a Golden Corral, (not that either of these establishments are bad). Le Blanc can and does reach the 5 star levels with its food quality and variety. More on food variety, if you do not see something you like on the menu ask for them to make something you do like. If it is not something off the wall, it will show up with a smile. If you want Haggis or something like that, they prob will not be able to deliver. My wife often orders special grilled shrimp or fish, " no problem - it's a pleasure". Fork cut filets? (Called beef tenderloin on the menu's), Absolutely, the filets are outstanding. The gumbo is as good or better than New Orleans. The poolside cheeseburgers are outstanding. Breakfast omelets - outstanding. Mayan coffee? : The show is as good as the treat. You can get a "foofy" coffee in the lobby anytime you would like. The variety, because you can request a special dish is endless. Each room has a mini bar with bottles of various alcohol, soft drinks and beer. Additionally snacks are provided including Ferrero Rocher chocolates, (I never had theses until I stayed at Le Blanc). Do you not like the brands provided? Ask your butler to change them out, "no problem - it's a pleasure". Butlers: each floor has two, one day, one night. They serve as concierges. They will take care of all kinds of things ranging from unpacking, packing, running baths, making reservations both on and off site, problem solver, ironing, shoe shinning, local area & Le Blanc information - "Google". They all have phones, if they are not at their desk, you can call them. You can also contact them through the Apps. You can always get a hold of your butler - if you say you can't - you are not trying. The butlers are a Le Blanc perk and they make things nice. Special Occasion? The butlers will decorate your room, set up a special dinner, get a special cake, " no problem - it's a pleasure", (are you noticing the trend of " it's no problem, it's a pleasure"? You will hear that phrase frequently if you choose Le Blanc). Gym: Outstanding, I have never used a gym that smelled like a spa before. The Weight and Cardio equipment is clean, mostly brand new and well maintained. The facility is spotless, with various waters, scented hand clothes and fluffy towels provided. Various classes are offered from yoga, to spin, to Pilates. The aqua spin (bikes in the pool) is really pretty cool). 3 big pools and a hot tub insure you can find a quiet spot to relax. The Pool Concierges will set up your longer, get an umbrella and make you comfortable. Le Blanc recently added cushions to the loungers, which make them very comfy. Poolside wait service is outstanding. Le Blanc has added a bar at the main pool on the opposite side of the swim up bar that cuts turn time for the wait staff dramatically. The Spa is wonderful. Lots of options, once again listed on the Le Blanc App. Prices are a bit steep, but a portion of your resort credits can be used to off set the sticker shock. The quality is outstanding. Resort Credits usually 1500 for a weeks stay (if you receive them as part of the package you bought - not sure everyone gets them) can be used proportionally in the Spa, on site 3d party jewelry store, upgrade wines, gift shop, massive 22-24 oz. steaks, tours and fancy beach cabana's. Mexican law though - you have to pay 16% tax on what you spend in resort credits. If you feel this is a scam, read a hotel receipt from the US or EU; there is a similar tax there as well. If you don't want to pay the tax - don't use the credits. If you don't like the prices - don't buy the service. We were at Le Blanc this past time 18-25 May. The hotel was at 95% occupancy. We never waited for a table, a pool lounger or anything. There was never a shortage of staff, (there is a high, almost 1-1 ratio of staff to guests). Tipping: - yes all the time. I tip not because I think it brings better service but it shows that I appreciate the hard work the Le Blanc Team Members do for my wife and I. Le Blanc rooms are nice, spotless, and comfortable in a minimalist style. Alas, it would be nice to have full balconies, (only a couple of rooms per floor have a full balcony). The beds are super comfy. The showers are nice, really nice. The showerheads are actually above my head level, (I'm 6'2"). Each shower has two big showerheads with one having additional body soaker jets. The water pressure is excellent and the water gets really, really hot. There is a Jacuzzi tub in each room (this is a Palace Resorts trademark). The robes actually fit a big person. High-end soaps and lotions are provided, including toothpaste. A weeks worth of soaps and lotions are provided, they are not re stocked daily unless you ask. If you need more your butler will be happy to get you more. Your room is cleaned twice a day; fresh towels are restocked twice a day. There is a nightly turn down service and petite fours are provided. There is a flat screen TV with DVD player in every room. Le Blanc is an international hotel so you can find stations in Spanish, English, Japanese and German or French. Daily excerpts of the NY Times are provided. Wireless is outstanding, (I had a better signal at the pool than in then room). As I said before, Le Blanc has a couple of Apps. W I struggled with the App this last time, (logging in), but it worked flawlessly the time before. Not a big drinker but Top Shelf is available at the bars (and in your room if you wish). Check out Extra Aniejo Tequila, 3 or 5 year aged - really nice sipping (not shots) drink. Nightly entertainment is low key. This is not a spring break party resort. The Cancun club area is walking distance away. If you are looking for a loud party till you drop, wet t-shirt kind of place - do not come to Le Blanc.
The Palace Vacation Planners, (orange (ish) shirts like the front desk team, but these folks are the ones to set up tours, Spa appointments), will try to sign you up for a Membership Sales pitch, or if you are a member, an information update. I do not consider these folks to be Le Blanc Staff but Palace Staff. They will be persistent to get you to go to the membership presentation. One or two of them can be persistent to the point of being annoying. Palace Membership is a personal decision, it has good perks but again it is a personal decision that is not the best for everyone. If you are interested in becoming a member, agree to the time; you will receive some amount of resort credits (the amount can be negotiated to a point). Be aware that the presentation is NEVER 60-90 minutes as advertised and it is a very high-pressure pitch from a very professional sales team. They will want you to go to another resort such as Moon or Beach Palace. The sales team will come to Le Blanc, so you don't have to leave and it allows you to break contact easier if you feel too pressured and wish to back off. Remember to negotiate, (the 1st deal is never the best deal) If you do not want to attend say no, but it might be a couple of no's before they stop asking. This is the only thing I find annoying at Le Blanc (at all Palace Resorts). I understand that this is a “for profit business” but a single “no” should be sufficient. Brochures outlining the value would go a long way to “selling” the meeting without the occasionally annoying pressure.

Here is where I insert my opinion on a couple of other, but not Le Blanc issues, (feel free to stop reading if you like). Just because this is an all inclusive – alcohol included, that does not give anyone the right to boorish, rude behavior to the staff, or the other paying guests around you. If you wish to drink yourself into a stupor, please do that in the privacy of your room and do not subject the rest of us to your sophomoric frat boy behavior in the main pool, (especially when you're 50 + and have not been a frat boy for a quarter of a century). The Le Blanc staff is way too polite to tell you how much of a moron you are acting like. If you are too drunk to stand up or walk - go to your room. Thankfully this behavior is the exception at Le Blanc.
Traveling, especially in Mexico if you “Lead with a smile, be received with a smile”, then, “treat others as you yourself wish to be treated “ and finally “connect with a person before moving to content” usually brings win – win results. Cancun is safe. Data wise, it has fewer incidents than the area around Disney World. Cancun is easy to get to with most flights from the US less than 4 hours. There are lots of flights and they are inexpensive. It is cheaper to fly from Chicago to Cancun business class that it is to fly from Chicago to Antigua coach.
Long review – thanks for reading it. Please feel free to drop me a note with questions or complaints ☺ We have been at Le Blanc 30+ days over the past 2 years and have really gotten to understand the ins & outs. We have stayed or spent time at all the other Palace Resorts and would be happy to answer questions about those. Note on recognition of Team Members: It is tough to single out individuals when the whole team is outstanding. From our last trip: Laura, Lucinda and Laurina (sp.? ) at the pool/ beach. Marco, Isabel and Elias at the International for breakfast and lunch. Edgar, Rene and Juan at the Italian, Genero (sp.?) and Eli at the International for dinner. All of the staff are superstars. Thanks to Sr Schmidt and the management staff for creating the team and the environment that really makes it feel like a "home away from home".

Room Tip: Ocean front is beautiful, but the Lagoon view is outstanding. Corner rooms (Jr suites) get both the...
29  Thank TABPegasus

It was a truly honor to read such detailed review regarding your experience at our Resort. As much as it is a pleasure to welcome back guests it is with great happiness we welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family like you are. We continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun thank you to our most valuable asset, our staff members, and I am pleased to know they not only made you feel at home and welcome but continue to exceed your expectations in every one of your stays. Allow me to let you know Laura, Lucinda, Marco, Isabel, Elías, Edgar, Rene, Juan, Genaro and Eli, will be recognized for their incredible service provided during your stay. Be sure we all look forward to welcome you back home for another memorable Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this excellent hotel in April / May for his 50th birthday. I am never sure what else I can write about this hotel that is different from what we have already said but it really does keep getting better!

Check-in was as swift as ever and whilst we were disappointed with the location of our 1st room (on the 2nd floor facing into the trees) we were moved after a couple of days.

On our first morning we were heading out to find sun loungers and Laura as always was ahead of us and had towels on sunbeds in our favourite spot waiting for us - now that's service, how does she remember everything! If Laura wasn't around Lucinda would make sure we were well looked after too - we just love Lucinda's laugh! A welcome addition this year is the cushions on the sunbeds, why didn't you do this years ago, what a difference! The only problem now is it is difficult to move off the sunbeds as they are so comfortable and everyone keeps bringing food and drink to your bed - huge thank you to Janette, Chris, Myra, Joe - you work so hard!

We normally come to this hotel in October when the occupancy is low and were therefore worried about the impact on the service with such high occupancy in April.........really why did we even think about worrying as goodness knows where everyone went all day but the service was as excellent as always and you couldn't tell the difference in the occupancy.

Breakfast and lunch isn't breakfast and lunch without the fantastic team of Stephanie, Marco, Mario, David, Isabella, Aquilino and Julio! If for any reason you don't find yourself smiling when you arrive at breakfast Stephanie will have you smiling in seconds. Stephanie is fantastic at her job and we enjoyed our long chats - hope you didn't get in trouble!! I said to my husband one day this is ridiculous we are in a buffet restaurant for breakfast and lunch but we never need to leave our seat as food keeps arriving and that's all thanks to the wonderful chefs Aquilino and Julio!! I'm vegetarian and I really do appreciate the efforts that they went to, to ensure that I had something different to eat each day.

Shortly after arriving from the UK I didn't feel too well having brought one of the bugs that had been going around with me. As soon as Aquiliano got wind of this he wanted to help and after dragging myself out to my sun lounger I saw Aquilino coming my way with Marco, he had brought our version of porridge out to my sunbed to help settle my stomach - what a guy! Even the next day he was checking how I was feeling and what he could make for me to help my recovery!

As always Edgar the captain in the Italian restaurant went out of his way to ensure we had a fantastic holiday and surprised us with a romantic dinner at the end of holiday. The food was glorious. This is a relaxing restaurant and things happen slowly so if you like your courses one after the other this might now be restaurant for you.

The service from Rodger in the Oriental restaurant was again outstanding. On arrival we were browsing the menus but no need he had already let chef Max know we were in the restaurant and the menus were thrown out the window and excellent food kept arriving!

As the hotel was busier there was more entertainment in the evening and we particularly loved the new Il divo show on the beach. Alfonso the entertainment manager is a great guy who not only organises all these events but spends time speaking with everyone to see if there is anything he can help with. The bar upstairs was busier too and we had great fun with Michael and Luis.

I think the morale of the story is it doesn't matter when you go to this hotel you will always receive the same excellent service from dedicated hard working staff in a beautiful location.

Sarah & Colin

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skellytours
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your experience at our Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. It is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family and to know that our staff members continue to exceed your expectations in every one of your visits; From Laura, Lucinda, Jeanette, Chris, Myra and Joe by the pool side taking care of your every need, Stephanie, Marco, Mario, David and Isabel with their warm welcome every morning, Julio, Edgar, Roger, Max, Alfonso, Michel and Luis with their incredible attentiveness to Aquilino who continues to be an example of outstanding customer service not only with his attention to details and delightful dishes, but for making our guests feel at home. Please be sure they all will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future to your home away from home and continue to create memories together.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am pleased to use perfection and LeBlanc in the same sentence. As Diamond members and 7 time visitors to our “home away from home” we still smile when we arrive at pristine LeBlanc Spa and Resort. We return to LeBlanc because of the caring and professional staff who have become our extended family. LeBlanc sets the standard for luxury, sophistication and comfort. Our driver Ramone whisks us away from the busy airport and Joe greets us with our favorite drink and fresh towel. Diamond Concierge Roger continues to provide excellent service and is such a gentleman. Mario and Leslie are a pleasant edition to the front desk and guest relations area. Our room 726 overlooked both the southern beach view and beautiful lagoon sunsets. Plan to be in your Jacuzzi with champagne for at least one sunset during your stay. Props to butlers Hugo and Alex for the special touches. Good luck to Trainee butler Mario. Special thanks for Manager Marcos in the International Restaurant for delicious breakfasts and lunches each day. Talented Chef Aquilino, waiter Armando, Isabel, Leslie, Paulo, Elvis, Chef Adrian, Sommelier Gerardo, Santiago, Paschal, Luis, Elias work as a team to provide the best food and service. Our evening meals at the Asian Restaurant were wonderful. Mgr. Renan, hostess Erika, Chef Maximo and Isiaha, sushi chef Eduardo, waiter Pedro and Herman, Jose prepared our favorites. The Italian restaurant Mgr Edgar pays special attention to detail. Thanks Chef Adrian for making my very favorite parmesan crepes! Guillermo and Jonathan in the 3rd Floor bar were a delight. Filipe, Raul and Ivan kept the drinks flowing at the pool bar. Lucinda and Laura are efficient and friendly. Our romantic dinner was very memorable. Mgr Frederick, waiter Adrian and dessert chef Catalina provided excellent service and delicious food. Each morning sweet Arlett would prepare my favorite latte. Karina in the salon and is up on the latest hair color and cut suggestions. Alfonso the entertainment mgr could be seen each evening working hard behind the scenes to ensure guests have the best entertainment experiences. The nightly entertainment of Alejandra Milan and the Tenors are still our favorites and were as polished as ever. We will miss seeing Alejandra on our next trip in December. Food and Beverage Mgr Janai has a wonderful team of chefs and staff who are dependable and very talented. Overall, the GM Andreas Schmidt continues to impress even these seasoned Diamond Members and Palace travelers. Wunderbar!

2  Thank cintraveler2014
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting your holidays for the seventh time, it is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. It is thank you to our staff members’ everyday efforts and attention to details we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. Nevertheless it is even a bigger satisfaction to know they not only provide great holidays to our guests, but make them feel welcome and at home. Allow me to let you know Ramon, Joe, Roger, Mario, Leslie, Hugo, Alex, Marcos, Aquilino, Armando, Isabel, Paulo, Elvis, Adrian, Gerardo, Santiago, Paschal, Luis, Elias, Renan, Erika, Maximo, Eduardo, Pedro. Herman, Jose, Edgar, Guillermo, Jonathan, Felipe, Raul, Ivan, Lucinda, Laura, Adrian, Catalina, Arlett, Karina, Alfonzo and Janai will be recognized for the amazing service provided during your stay. Be sure we all at Le Blanc are looking forward to your soon return and continue to create incredible memories together.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were traveling with my brother and his wife who are Palace members. Originally were scheduled to stay at Beach Palace but they were unable to give us the type of rooms we had reservations for so they sent us to LeBlanc. Wow!!! Are we so glad that they did! This resort is amazing! The beach is beautiful, the service is over the top and the food was delicious! We loved the pampering from our butlers Javier and Francisco. We had a lagoon view, which is beautiful, but would have enjoyed the ocean view better. The resort is immaculate and always smelled soooo good! The staff there is second to none. They will do anything and everything for you. Our only downfall to the resort are there are no balconies at the rooms. Love our mornings and evenings sitting out there. But definitely wouldn't stop me from returning again. One of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. Loved, loved our stay there. And.... you must try the stuffed French toast on the 3rd level outdoor restaurant for breakfast. So delicious!

4  Thank thommom

It was a pleasure to have the opporuntity to host your recent holidays in Cancun. I am sorry to read the inconveniences experienced with your original reservation, nevertheless it is a great pleasure to know our staff members went above and beyond to make of this holiday a memorable experience. Thank you for all of your kind words, they motivate us to continue to provide a better service every day. Allow me to let you know Javier and Francisco will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you another incredible holiday.