“Emperor 's New Clothes”

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Wales
“Emperor 's New Clothes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am reading all these other reviews thinking,hey did I just stay at the same place ......or did I not go around dropping enough tips! Seriously as a very well travelled 59 year old I have experienced much better service in other hotels and on cruise ships .
When we arrived we had been allocated a ground floor room with no view , they could not reallocate us a room on a higher floor so we chose to pay to upgrade to a junior suite on the 7 Th. floor ,finding out later that the hotel was not full. It was very important to us to have a good view as we were staying for 10 nights not just the short breaks that a lot of the Americans seemed to stay. The upgrade did not afford us any preferential treatment such as complimentary car back to airport or late check out (our flight was not until 7 pm,9 hours overnight ........so getting ready for this in the spa shower was not ideal)
We rarely saw the same butler ,toiletries etc weren't replaced automatically ,nor was the bar automatically restocked and I gave up asking for the aromatherapy diffuser to be refilled.
The dress code was not enforced ,so shorts were worn in the restaurants plus BASEBALL CAPS!
On one night in BlancIntl they ran out of Zinfandel ,vegetables and when my husbands steak arrived ,there were no potatoes......they had run out. We found out later that the Moon Palace had been overbooked so they sent the overspill here.
I cannot fault the pool staff,fantastic service!! Especially Leonora. It is the most wonderful stretch of beach ,the sea a little rough ,stay between the yellow flags Some people are still reserving sunbeds early . The swim up bar was fabulous .
My overall impression of the staff is that they all are really friendly and keen to please ,however some are really going the extra mile while others are doing the bare minimum.
I can only say that we found the food in all the restaurants to be good but not outstanding ,not 5star and the premium steaks weren't cooked well enough to warrant the extra expense. It sums it all up to say that on our final night ,knowing we couldn't have a late check out that we decided not to bother with a restaurant but to order room service ........all came really nicely presented but only after the waiter had gone did we realise NO Spoons,so had to ring room service again.
I think there is a two tier culture developing due to tipping ,we always prefer to tip at the end of a stay to reward good service,not to tip at the beginning to buy good service

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shopaholicWales
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
First of all, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your holidays in Cancun. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible ensuring our guests with a relaxing and memorable experience. It is with great concern I read we were not able to accomplish this during your stay. Thank you for all of your comments, it is thank you to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and you will see the improvements made due to your valuable feedback. Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,602)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

If your looking for EXCELLENT service, EXCELLENT food and EXCELLENT accommodations.....look no further. Le Blanc met all of our expectations and beyond. Had read many reviews raving about the hotel and the staff.....and they were all spot on. From the moment you arrive at the front door until the end of your stay, the staff will treat you like royalty. The food is great, from the snacks at the pool to the restaurants and even room service, the food is not your typical all inclusive. I really loved the app that you can use to order whatever service you want, from a wakeup call to golf tee times to spa reservations to the daily aroma choices from your butler.....my wife loved that part of our stay. Having our room smell like coconuts everyday we entered our room was awesome. Again, cannot say enough about the hotel, the food and the staff. This hotel is definitely a 5-star (diamond) and lives up to everything advertised.

Room Tip: Suite 915 is the best in the hotel. On the top floor, corner ocean front room with a jacuzzi on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays in Cancun. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed while being our guest, especially our quality food highlighted by our staff members’ attentiveness. Our Resort is thought to create a Spa environment to provide our guests with the ultimate relaxing experienced and I am glad to know how much you enjoyed the aromatherapy in your suite. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another Le Blanc experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Selected LeBlanc on recommendation of a friend who I am now forever indebted to. I have never experienced a more relaxing environment or a staff more dedicated to making me comfortable and happy. From the cool towel and coconut milk at check-in to the doorman loading my luggage for the trip back to the airport I never once wanted for anything. Erick provided constant, but never bothersome, attention poolside. Porfirio in guest relations, and many others, knew me by name the entire week. All staff, from the guys in tan sweeping the deck to the restaurant hosts, to the butler all greeted me kindly each time I saw them. Highly recommend this resort for a pampered vacation to remember. Oh, and the food - to die for!

Room Tip: Partial ocean is cheaper and still a beautiful view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sgriffin59
It is a great pleasure to receive reviews like yours that express what we aim to provide our guests, relaxing and royalty treatment experiences. I am glad to know that from the moment from your arrival and throughout your stay, our staff members went above and beyond to make of your holiday a once in a lifetime experience. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you a memorable experience.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stop reading this review and book your trip now. There is nothing that can be said that hasn't been said. This is an awesome hotel. The service, the food, the pools, and the spa are all first class. I took my wife for her 30th birthday and we were well taken care of. We had the honeymoon suite on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and beach. Each floor has a butler assigned to it and he caters to your every need. One night He filled the hot tub with lavender and vanilla scent and had a bucket of champaign in the room ready for us when we returned from dinner. The restaurants are 5 star quality. No Buffett for dinner as they are all sit down meals with menu items. The Italian was our favorite. The pools were awesome. Each had there own flair and style. It was hard to pass up the infinity pool with the swim up bar. The service in all areas was outstanding. From the moment you are greeted by the doorman and handed count milk to the receptionist who gives you a warm neck pillow you know you will be treated royally. I have absolutely nothing I would change about this resort and urge you to book it immediately.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank gatorpozz
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays in Cancun and your wife’s birthday celebration. Reviews like yours express what we aim for when welcoming our guests to our Resort, to provide them a relaxing royalty treatment experience. I am glad to know our staff members did everything in their hands to make of this special celebration a memorable experience. I look forward to welcome you to our Resort once more for another romantic getaway.
East Bernard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our stay was amazing. Hands down the most beautiful part of the beach (we walked both sides). The staff will cater to your every need with a smile & a drink in hand. I am not eloquent enough with words to describe how happy we were with our whole experience. Go. Just go.

• Stayed July 2014
Our guests’ recommendations are very valuable for us, as they are a reflection of our work. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us while being pampered by our staff members. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another incredible Le Blanc experience.
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Le Blanc in 6 months. We were very excited to return due the excellent holiday we had in January. Unfortunately, this was not the case on this occasion. The service was not up to same standard that we had on our previous visit, the sales team pushy and both myself and partner developed a stomach bug ( we only ate and drank at the hotel). We were also not the only people that this happened too. I hope that we were just unfortunate and that standards are not slipping. We were due to return in February but due to our disappointing experience will cancel.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Katiec100
First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays. It is with great concern I read your comments regarding the inconvenient experienced at our Resort. Allow me to let you know that we have the highest standars and Sanitary certification given by the Mexican government called “Distintivo H”. To obtain this award we go through monthly inspections and bacteriological examinations that guarantee the proper sanitary practices in our every day operation. The “Distintivo H” is the recognition given to the service providers of food and drinks who handle high standards of hygiene, and meet a set of requirements as : To reduce the incidence of food-borne disease (FBD) in domestic and foreign tourists, as well as the prevention and control of FBD. I assure you that we are attentive to any similar report that involves any of the symptoms mentioned. We do take this matter with all the seriousness required, due to the fact that our guests’ health is our number one priority. I look forward to have the opporunity to welcome you back to our Resort for a truly Le Blanc experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

the le blanc is truly everything it is said to be. the hotel is kept in immaculate condition: always clean and the service is top notch. It is also very secluded from all the business of the main road and buses. our butler, Israel & his counter, nephi? i believe, were AMAZING. they were both always greeting us and helped us with everything and anything we needed. we stayed in a junior suite, which gave us views that were absolutely breathtaking. we woke up to the beach and ocean at our feet. i mean THREE ocean views from our room. nothing could top it. we also loved that the hotel was an adults only hotel, made for perfect honeymoon. we will definitely be returning soon!! absolutely LOVED the le blanc! and highly recommend it for a honeymoon or even for a romantic getaway!

Room Tip: if you can, upgrade to a junior suite. the views are unbeatable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alicia y
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is always a great pleasure to receive such complements regarding our guests’ experience at our Resort. I am glad to know staff members like Israel continue to go out of their way to make of our guests’ holiday memorable and relaxing experiences. It is an honor to know you are looking forward to return to our Resort, please be sure we all at Le Blanc will do everything in our hands to make of your upcoming stay even more memorable than the first one. Kind regards.