“Awesome Hotel!”

Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
Ranked #39 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of May. I read some of the reviews and was not excited about coming, but I quickly changed my mind. The Hotel was spotless, yes the décor was not modern, but it had a style that was still elegant. The staff was super, attending our every need and want with a smile. The staff would remember you every breakfast and made an effort to get you what you want without asking. The attitude of all of the staff was the best. They all appeared very genuine and wanting to help with no request to big. The kids club was great. The attendants there were very patient with our 4 year old. They involved him in cute little projects and he was excited to spend time with them. The food was great for an all inclusive, even better than what we picked up locally. The entertainment at night was perfect. One of the singers had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. The beach was beautiful and well groomed. The only drawback for some would be that it is small compared to the other hotels but, I took this as a plus. All in all most likely the best hotel I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Catch the nightly show
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SABoy
Write a ReviewReviews (6,347)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Omni over Memorial Day weekend with 6 girlfriends for a bachelorette party - we wanted a relaxing getaway and we got it!

First and foremost, the service was out of this world and unlike anything I've experienced at a resort in this price point.

I'll begin with the pool, but I must also start that by talking about the service - the folks serving by the pool came by so frequently we were never without a cocktail, or water, or food, or.... The pool area is fabulously set up, with 3 or 4 distinct areas, so there is a different vibe for each area (we had stationed ourselves were more adults were drinking, another had more children playing, another was the activity area, etc). The pool chairs are set up around all of the areas and we never had a problem finding a group of 7 chairs for our whole group. The pool itself was wonderful, with areas in both sun and shade and enough space to relax on the in-pool loungers without getting splashed by volleyball players. There are also a few hot tubs, one with a swimup bar that is on the beach (great way to end your day!). We spent every day at the pool, and ended up feeling a bit guilty we didnt spend more time on that gorgeous and well-maintained beach, but the service and set up was too good to leave!

As far as the food goes, I have to say it was just decent. But as long as you do not go expecting michelin starred food, you should be just fine. Devo and the steakhouse (the steak house does cost a bit extra but TOTALLY worth it) were the group favorites. We also ate at the poolside sushi bar every day and really enjoyed it. The service, however, at each and every restauraunt, was truly outstanding. Everyone working at every restaurant we went to went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful and memorable experience.

I received a massage at the spa and also found it to be excellent, and pricing was in-line with nicer spas here in the states. I was very happy with my massage and surprised at how luxorious the massage rooms were!

The rooms were simple, but comfortable. The showers were spacious and we had enough space to comfortably move about the rooms. We were never out very late and the hallways were mostly quiet enough that we all got decent sleep. As far as a room with a view, i dont think you can go wrong, as both sides of the hotel have views of the water!

To sum up, beyond fantastic service and decent (but not amazing) food. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ali V
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our 2nd trip to the Omni, we randomly picked it the first time and loved it so much we came back. This is a family friendly place, with plenty to do for all. It is NOT a hard partying drunken resort. While there is daily entertainment at the pool and one nightly event at 8, the place closes down at 9:30.. they do have bus trips to the clubs in town for those who wish to partake. It would be nice if they would just have some dance room in the bar/lounge area at night, small, simple for the less rowdy, but want to enjoy some dancing crowd.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hubby and I stayed at the Omni in January 2014 and had a really nice time. The staff make this hotel - they are attentive, nice and very accomodating. It's a busy hotel, so if you are looking for solitude, this is probably not the place for you! As well, there are a lot of stairs, so if climbing stairs aren't your thing, you may want to look somewhere else. The food was really good and what a choice you had. I like the fact that you could go to the little specialty restaurants for snacks and lunch - like the taco stand, the sushi joint and the pizza place! The evening shows were good and it was a nice way to relax from your day. The room wasn't anything spectacular, the air conditioning was blowing warm air, so there were a couple of sleepness nights. We did ask for it to be fixed, they tried, but it was a bust. If you enjoy people watching, being nearby to shopping, and excursions, you'll like it here! A wonderful mix of tourists stayed here, which made the week much more interesting than just hanging out with your typical yankees and Canadian bacon. Oh and one more thing, they have lots of activities throughout the day that you are encouraged to join. Trivia, beach volleyball, water aerobics and the beer drinking contest (something I never do) which I won - beat the swim trunks right off the young dude!! Thank you Omni for a much memorable vacation!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TaraMann
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Service by everyone is great. Everyone is very polite and pays attention to detail. Housekeepers, front desk, pool service, food wait staff...great. Michael Jackson show on tuesday night = awesome! Being all inclusive resort makes it even more awesome! Singers late night at the bar are great. Thanks for a great stay.

Maybe more food options besides the buffett after 4:00pm would be a suggestion.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our friends talked us into going last minute for a few days with them and they actually booked everything together but emailed our confirmations to us which was for a king oceanview room. Upon check in we were told we would be given a double room and that the king room we thought we reserved was only a request. We told them we would give up the oceanview but wanted a king and was told that was still unavailable but that we could upgrade for an additional $200 per night to a Villa(which was like a townhouse) I wasn't against upgrading but I felt that since we would be giving up 2 rooms that the price was too high so he then said we could have it for $100 extra per night and so we agreed to do that but I still felt like my wallet was being hacked as soon as we walked in the door. The villa was nice and we did really love having the patio and the view was great! The villas are cute but the property appears to be much older than I originally thought but for the most part it is kept pretty clean but it is not a 5 star or even a 4 star in my opinion. We also received phone calls from the timeshare sales office two mornings in a row asking us to come down and arrange our transfer which I could sense was a sales gimic which was annoying to us.

All of the wait staff was great, they will make you as many drinks as you request and are very friendly. However, it is not top shelf liquor and the only beer available was draft so the drinks were ok but you can order as many as you like. We did have dinner twice at La Vista which is the steakhouse and you pay a surcharge of $24 per person but the food was pretty good especially the clam chowder and the crab cakes. You need the concierge to make a reservation for you and then you pay your surcharge and you are then given a ticket to present at the restaurant which is pretty much how anything operated if you wanted to purchase or add anything on so it became a little irritating having to go to the lobby and go through the concierge and they really need to simplify the process.

We enjoyed the beach and there was a nice breeze from the water which made it easy to layout. We did not get in the ocean too much as the waves and current are very strong and used the pools instead. We did rent a beach bed for the day (another ticket you had to get from the concierge) which was very relaxing and it included a reflexology (foot massage)spa service on the beach which was performed by Jazmin and Lucia and they were excellent! My husband and I would of booked a service at the spa with them if we were not checking out the next day. It also included a fruit plate and shrimp cocktail and we were waited on hand and foot so I would recommend adding it on for atleast one day. Eduardo (on the beach) was our waiter for the majority of our stay. He really looked out for us and was so professional and friendly. We hated to say goodbye to him, he was such a nice hard working man! And lastly at checkout when we were leaving Juan who loaded up our luggage for us told us to have a safe trip home, see you next week and thank you for your business! And that did impress me because you rarely hear that anymore. Overall it was an ok stay but I personally will not return and some of that is based on my experience there and the rest of it is because there are alot of resorts to choose from in Cancun. Honestly, I would go back to Playa Del Carmen as Cancun just didn't impress me as much as I was hoping it would.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was my second trip to an all-inclusive and while there were minor complaints, this is definitely a place worth staying. It's in a pretty central location, close to the airport and about a 15 minute bus ride into town/bar areas. 14 of us stayed at this hotel and we all had a great time. The rooms are big and clean! Very clean and they provide the amenities that some hotels stopped providing: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouth wash and even bubble bath.

There are a few food options, but the last place serves food at 10PM...this was our biggest complaint. They charge for room service as well ($5 flat fee) which isn't cool either. The buffet is decent and the other food options (taco bar, sushi, Italian, pool bar, indonesian) are good, but they all close too early.

The resort itself is nice and clean as well. Two pools, one kiddie pool, two hot tubs and of those, one pool and one hot tub has a swim up bar. The resort was not packed and we did not have to fight for any chairs, drinks or food. It was busy, but definitely not super crowded. The beach is a few steps down some stairs and a little bit of a walk (all of 5 minutes), which is far considering my last resort was literally on the beach.

All in all, I enjoyed this resort and would definitely recommend it. It's clean, great for groups and young adults (some older adults, few children). We had an awesome time, drinks were good, food was good and the rooms and resort itself were clean. Only real complaint is that the front desk is slow...really slow, so be prepared to wait if there's a line.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends