“Nice”

Ranked #59 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
St. John's, Canada
“Nice”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

stayed at this resort in April 2014,it was nice not great.The resort lacks that WOW factor.The staff were friendly and helpful.The resort is old but well kept,they were painting it when we were there.The rooms were clean and comfortable.No free Wi-Fi,a pain.The food was good.Good family resort.The only problem we had was with the pool area,the resort encourages chair hogging which is lay a towel on your chair(s)and you will have a chair all day even if you don't use it,which caused problems for guests that don't have one.It is a good cheap all-inclusive.

Room Tip: get room facing pools and beach not facing the abandoned resort next door
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bobbyclobber2010
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hello bobbyclobber2010,

We appreciate you choosing Crown Paradise and taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you experienced friendly and helpful service throughout your stay.
It is though disappointing to learn that your stay was just nice not great, nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed, and for sharing your views with us.

The hotel has a no chair saving policy, and we do have signs about reserving chairs. We’re aware that it can very negatively impact the vacation of other guests and that’s why it is against our policy to encourage saving pool lounge chairs.
Thank you again for your comments, I will share them with the team as we strive to consistently provide our guests with a great experience.

All the best,
Katarina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,379)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I brought our 7 & 5 yr olds there May 5-10. Beautiful landscape, from every vantage point, you feel like your on top of the ocean. Every restaurant has ocean view, the adults only bar is a must see.
The kids club swim area and staff are great with kids. You can check your kids in there and come back to pick them up. They also have small festivities for the kids club from 1900-2000. Our kids had a blast.
If you want a quiet vacation with no kids, this resort is not for you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank InterlinerJimmy
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello InterlinerJimmy,

We're so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed yourselves. It is wonderful to learn that your kids had such a great time! Thank you for commenting on the beautiful view and landscape you enjoyed.
Thank you for posting, and come back soon!

Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The staff is great and friendly... but the hotel would not be out of place in Benidorm. Style and clientele.
Families with kids will love it - others won't.
There are 4 or 5 swimming pools but you cannot do length in any of them.
The pool bars close ridiculously early.
If you want a cheap all inclusive, that's what you'll get and it's not bad. Next time I am going to Cancun, I'll stay in Isla Mujeres not in the Mexican Torremolinos though

Room Tip: Go high to have a view and avoid the noise from the kids in the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrenchJerry
Hello FrenchJerry,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent experience at Crown Paradise Club.
We regret that your expectations of our resort were not met, and that you left with not so good impressions.

We strive to provide all of our guests friendly and helpful service, with great variety of amenities for families, couples or group of friends, and above all to offer great value for their money. Although we indeed are very family friendly oriented hotel, we do have facilities and services especially catering to our guests traveling without children: Crown Club Ocean View & Honeymoon Ocean Front Suites which are adults only, Crown Club Lounge exclusive for our guests staying at the adults-only room section, Sans Soucis (adults only a la carte restaurant), Trafalgar’s (adults only bar), and our Club Caribe adults only swimming pool with a swim-up bar.

If you decide on trying us a second time, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance, as I’d love to be able to show you that we dedicate ourselves to providing our guests with great holiday experiences.

Warm regards,
England, Essex!
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying what I have been desperate to for some weeks ... Trip advisor is a review site; therefor a place to write post experience, not to ask questions about the hotel giving a star rating and giving incorrect overall rating to the hotel, if you need to ask a question email the hotel. I was getting increasing annoyed whilst reading reviews to see a 'one star' that actually was 'katrina I have a question' or 'I'm nervous to stay here'. Use the forums or use google!!

Rant over ill talk about my experience at the hotel, my expectations on holiday are based on price, I've stayed at expensive hotels I've rated poorly as my expectations were high, equally I have stayed at inexpensive / dive hotels I've rated well as for the money they exceeded expectations. This hotel as a medium budget thoroughly met my expectations. The food I found to be excellent (oddly except the french that I wasn't keen on, very dated) I am coeliac and cannot eat gluten, the concierge wrote me a Spanish letter to present at the restaurants detailing my allergy, each waiter was very kind, understanding and accommodating to my allergy and provided only food I could eat, I was very impressed. The Mexican restaurant was our favourite and one of the best nights we spent at the hotel, massive mojitos were flowing, the food was great and the server adolfo was brilliant.
We ate also at the Italian, fisher mans and steak they were all great. The buffet was good, even with my limitations. Breakfast looks great unfortunately I can't eat all the things that looked best (waffles, pancakes, crusty breads, hams, cereals etc..) being able to go to a restaurant every night made our holiday feel more special and more of an occasion, often with other hotels there's a limit on the restaurants , this is impressive.

The bar staff were superb ... Elfigo in the lobby was wonderful every day, I think Louis in the tralfalgar bar, and Pavlon again in the lobby. The service was just so so good and so friendly. The drinks were constant and super tasty.

The room we were given initially was ok, it didn't have a double sink, and there were a few faults. I requested a change and this was given without a problem which I appreciated. We upgraded to the club rooms, I recommend this, the club lounge upstairs was a lovely place to escape the busy child filled college bar downstairs. the jacuzzi was lovely too, the view was wonderful. The club room also means the concierge books the restaurants for you 3 days at a time, no waiting on the phone.
We ordered breakfast to the room on a couple of occasions thus was really good and came exactly when ordered on the door card!
The maid service daily was really efficient also.

For my birthday my boyfriend arranged room decorations, this was a wonderful surprise, the room was decorated with towel art and flower petals, the jacuzzi was run for us with lots of bubbles, very beautiful.

The entertainment was awful... As in dire. However we are a young (ish) couple without children so it's no surprise we didn't enjoy it. The families seemed to have fun. We didn't see much of the daytime entertainment as we mainly spent time at the adults pool. The adult pool was quiet with a swim up bar a nice atmosphere.

At no point in the holiday were we approached to buy time shares which was a pleasant surprise.

My boyfriend played golf the green fees are free however it cost $49 dollars compulsory for a golf cart, lunch is included as are practice balls, also unlimited drinks and snacks from the cart the drives round included and you can store your clubs at the club and they also offer to clean them. Watch out for crocodiles !! Takes a minute to get there by bus or a 10 minute walk. Groundsmen were there all the time. The course in his opinion is challenging but not impossible and the staff are excellent!

My suggestions would be self service tea at breakfast when it's busy you have to wait for a server and I'd rather just get my own, plus I resent tipping for one cup of tea!

A line for guests at reception.. If we had a query or wanted wifi we would have to queue with those checking in or out, even if we had a one minute question, like having our keys reset for instance.

The market in the hotel x3 a week was annoying, the convenience I appreciate however the sellers are pushy and I think the hotel should better insure they are not aggressively selling - if we wanted that we would go to market 28... Not walk through the lobby.

Paying for wifi is ridiculous in this day and age... I know there's something to be said for 'switching off' but frankly I don't want to ... Especially on my birthday I wanted to talk to friends and family. The hotel not having included wifi must put some people off so although they consider it money making I'd suggest its a false economy if it's at the expense of gaining further guests.

The on site shops were good and although it's not my preference I expect if you wanted to stay in for the holiday you could, there's enough restaurants, bars, pools, entertainment and shops to have a very inexpensive holiday.

If you do want to go out take the bus, you'd be mad not to one dollar or 10 peso to go anywhere in the hotel zone ! - anywhere... Th markets, shops, clubs, restaurants, ferry port... Just ask the driver to shout your stop and they will. A great public transport system the busses are less than 5 minutes apart, us Brits should be jealous of there transport.

If you want to do excursions I recommend: xel-ha for the day, buy biodegradable sunblock at Walmart it's loads cheaper and they won't let you use any other kind in the park, buy the one with the koala on it.

Captain hooks, an evening boat trip, show and dinner great fun for all ages.

Jungle tour speed boats, although there's lots of ones available so look around for the best price.

Chichen itza, now I'm somewhat of a history-phobe and went because my bf wanted to... I loved it, so interesting our guide was great, we booked the early tour with viator online, was fab we left at 6am meaning we were back by 3 so our whole day wasn't used (many tours run 8-7) plus arriving early meant we beat the crowds and got lots of photos without others in them. Very good indeed.

We also went on a catamaran to isla mujures, really nice, we wanted to get the ferry over and go back another day but ran out of time.

Just down the road on the bus is la isla shopping mall this was a nice escape from the pushy sellers , branded shops that let you browse. There's lots of places in there to eat and drink plus an aquarium, it's quite small but a nice way to spend an hour, especially if you have a rainy day, it was not expensive either.

Wish we had time to do excaret, the ferry to isla for the day, explor and have more chill out time.

Back to the hotel, I would say it's dated as many reviews have I'd say if has character, buy yes when it rains it leaks. Didn't bother us though.
I would recommend the hotel and tell those that have booked and are reading negative reviews to relax, provided your expectations match that of a middle budget hotel you'll have a wonderful time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Kate_cabbages
Hello Kate_cabbages,

Thank you for taking the time to share not only your stay with us but also your overall Cancun experience in such detailed fashion.
What a great review. Thank you for writing it and thank you for staying with us. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay to the extent it motivated you to write this review.
We appreciate all your kind comments on the staff, and especially for mentioning Adolfo, Elfigo,Pavlon and Luis, we are proud of all of our staff who give their best to provide caring and warm service. I’m glad to hear you were impressed with how we accommodated your allergy needs and that you enjoyed our restaurants and food selection.
Thank you again for this very thorough, thoughtful, and balanced review. You made several observations about us that help us know the areas of service in which we may serve you better, as all our guests’ feedback is very important to us and gives us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our facilities, the selection of food and that you were able to experience some of many great attractions in the region.
Please come back soon where I am sure you will have another great stay with us!

Warmest regards,
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

we are travelling in September, we would like to see what our options re: rooms and how to book restaurants in advance. Katrina could you drop me an email please as there is a few questions i would like to ask re room locations/choice etc, thanks

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ian C

Went there for all inclusive May 10 - May 17, 2014
Pros:
- Adult only pool on the first floor, that is, if you are tired for screaming kids
- Close to the beach
- There's always a place to eat. If a buffet is closed, the hotdogs/snacks are by the pool is open

Cons:
- We lived on the first floor and every morning at 8am, there was a bell to our door for a room clean up. Very annoying since we wanted vacation to *not* wake up early. Oh, and if you took out the "do not disturb" sign to hang on the door, your light won't work. So you either are disturbed or without the lights.
- Our bath tube had a crack in it. You could literally put your foot inside the crack
- Personnel does not speak English. Front desk people and bell boys do, but room service, laundry...etc.. - don't. I had to explain same stuff many times very slowly before I got what I needed
- Laundry is not free. They charge about 2$ for a t-shirt :(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yana B
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello Yana B,

We are extremely disappointed to learn that you did not feel your experience measured up to the reputation we have earned based on the majority of great reviews we receive, and great many repetitive guests that we have.

Thank you for commenting on the convenience of the adult only pool, closeness to the beach and our food options.

I’d like to apologize that you haven’t been given the adequate information upon your arrival about the usage of the “do not disturb” card. Actually once taken from the slot, it can be replaced by your room key and this allows you to have the lights and also the peace.

We are sorry that you found some of the features of the room to need updating. We are committed to providing our guests with the best experience possible, so please know that we take these comments extremely seriously and they are utilized internally.

We appreciate all of your feedback and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here from May 11-17. We had an excellent package with Funjet . First I would like to thank all the previous reviewers for their tips, it's sometimes the little things that make such a difference. This is not a 5 star hotel, but you are treated as if it were. The staff goes above and beyond to make everything just as you wish. The hotel is clean and constant maintance is being done. We were first in room 1206, but on our second night a group of young men checked in to the room next door and were partying heavy. One of them was heaving over the balcony. I scolded him and told him to go to the bathroom and he said someone was already in there getting sick. He later apologized. The second night they tied one on and came in at 2:30 AM ringing our door bell repeatedly and it scared the heck out of us. We thought it was a fire alarm or something. My husband told them they had the wrong room and I guess they found their way. When we woke up, my husband spoke to management and they promptly moved us to room 1306 upon his request. Vacations are to short to deal with such problems! Thank you management! Both rooms were clean and well kept. Yes the handle was missing on both sliding doors to the balconey on the outside, but you could still get in & out with no problem. The bathrooms were clean and spacious with plenty of counter space. The tubs are showing a little wear, but all worked good. Room service was great with maybe a twenty minute wait. The room service has a limited menu but quit adequate I felt. The food at the buffet was good with plenty of choices. Lots of fresh fruit & veggies. Hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids as well as Mexican and Italian choices. They also have fish and chicken almost all the time and pork and beef. The beef I found to be rather tuff so I steered clear of it after a couple of tries. All in all if you can't find something you like at this buffet.....you better choose a European plan somewhere else! We tried the speciality resturants as well. The food presentation was excellent and tasty.(rib eye was tuff) As I said they could upgrade their cuts of beef a little. The kids club is excellent! There are so many things for the kids to keep them entertained. We have a 6 yr. old granchild and it was a blessing. We didnt leave her alone much & when we did we were constantly checking on her, but it was great and she loved it. They really cater to children. Dont get me wrong there are also adult only pools and areas. We just didnt use them. Their are 5 pools and one is a covered pool which allows you to get out of the sun which was wonderful and we used quit a bit in the afternoons. This hotel met all my expectations and more. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. I cant repeat enough that they go out of their way to make your experience pleasant. The staff does not ask for tips but a dollar goes a long way! Tip a little and make your trip better! These people work long hard hours and are very appreciative. If you have any questions feel free to ask. There was just so much good I truely cant complain about anything. I would rate this a 4 star hotel and thats overlooking the age of the hotel. We all know what age does!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank zfordgal
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello zfordgal,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us, as it will be very helpful to all TripAdvisor readers contemplating staying at Crown Paradise Club.

I’m sorry to hear your stay was disturbed by guests staying next to your room, but am glad that you contacted the manager who arranged to move you promptly to another room. We sincerely apologize for any uncomfortable moments you might have experienced.

We appreciate you mentioning the services that made your stay so enjoyable, and also for commenting on the things you consider should have been better. We readily welcome both positive and constructive comments as it gives us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities.

Our team greatly thank you for your gracious comments on their service, and we hope it won't be too long until we see you again.

Warmest regards,