“Good stay at the crown”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hi we stayed at the crown paradise this year. We never been to Mexico before and we loved it. We travelled with friends and the 2kids loved it there. Very clean and tidy and most if the staff can't do enough for you. Angel was our favourite drinks every 5mins haha. Food is good but like any holiday second week gets boring. Good to eat out if you do try the backstage restaurant on the way up to town fab food. We ate at senior frogs aswell amazing!! The kids loved it aswell as us food was fab aswell. Also recommend the captain hook trip brilliant atmosphere and so much fun. Also the trip to the island of women is fab food is good Nd a nice day out on the boat with drinks flowing Nd abit if snorkeling. We can't wait to visit Mexico again loved it

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Emmat0903
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hello Emmat0903,

Thank you for posting on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time. This is what we would like all our guests to experience, especially first time in Mexico. We hope to see you again real soon!!

Katarina

Write a ReviewReviews (8,500)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to Cancun 4 times in the last 5 years twice I have stayed at Crown Paradise once with my sister and once with my husband it was my husbands first time to Cancun and he fell in love with Crown Paradise. We will be returning this September with our son and daughter in law so that should tell you something about the resort. It is up to you what kind of experience you have law of averages tells you that nothing is perfect. You are in Mexico and on vacation if you have an issue about the wifi you should have stayed home. We did say VACATION.
Any way this is a great place to stay.
Katarina I would like to see if I can have one of the rooms I booked in the club section have my sons name on the welcome inside of their room? It"s kinda cool to see your name on the TV.

Room Tip: If you are adults the Crown Club room is worth the extra money, the kids are great to watch in the p...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moey58
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello moey58,

It’s wonderful to hear you’ll be visiting us for the third time! It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests write about their positive experiences and plan to return.
Please send me your booking details via message, I’ll be happy to assist you with your request.

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

just come back after 2 weeks here and must admit was great hotel spotlessly clean,really great staff and loads to keep the kids happy all day and night.excellent shows in theater on a night by animation team( dont miss awards show) close to town only 5 mins away by bus to shopping malls and bus stop just outside hotel

Room Tip: get the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Littlecok
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hello Littlecok,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us here at Crown Paradise Cancun and hope to have the pleasure to have you as our guests again in the near future!

Thank you for posting.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

stayed at this resort in April 2014,it was nice not great.The resort lacks that WOW factor.The staff were friendly and helpful.The resort is old but well kept,they were painting it when we were there.The rooms were clean and comfortable.No free Wi-Fi,a pain.The food was good.Good family resort.The only problem we had was with the pool area,the resort encourages chair hogging which is lay a towel on your chair(s)and you will have a chair all day even if you don't use it,which caused problems for guests that don't have one.It is a good cheap all-inclusive.

Room Tip: get room facing pools and beach not facing the abandoned resort next door
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bobbyclobber2010

Hello bobbyclobber2010,

We appreciate you choosing Crown Paradise and taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you experienced friendly and helpful service throughout your stay.
It is though disappointing to learn that your stay was just nice not great, nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed, and for sharing your views with us.

The hotel has a no chair saving policy, and we do have signs about reserving chairs. We’re aware that it can very negatively impact the vacation of other guests and that’s why it is against our policy to encourage saving pool lounge chairs.
Thank you again for your comments, I will share them with the team as we strive to consistently provide our guests with a great experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I brought our 7 & 5 yr olds there May 5-10. Beautiful landscape, from every vantage point, you feel like your on top of the ocean. Every restaurant has ocean view, the adults only bar is a must see.
The kids club swim area and staff are great with kids. You can check your kids in there and come back to pick them up. They also have small festivities for the kids club from 1900-2000. Our kids had a blast.
If you want a quiet vacation with no kids, this resort is not for you.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank InterlinerJimmy
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello InterlinerJimmy,

We're so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed yourselves. It is wonderful to learn that your kids had such a great time! Thank you for commenting on the beautiful view and landscape you enjoyed.
Thank you for posting, and come back soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The staff is great and friendly... but the hotel would not be out of place in Benidorm. Style and clientele.
Families with kids will love it - others won't.
There are 4 or 5 swimming pools but you cannot do length in any of them.
The pool bars close ridiculously early.
If you want a cheap all inclusive, that's what you'll get and it's not bad. Next time I am going to Cancun, I'll stay in Isla Mujeres not in the Mexican Torremolinos though

Room Tip: Go high to have a view and avoid the noise from the kids in the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrenchJerry

Hello FrenchJerry,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent experience at Crown Paradise Club.
We regret that your expectations of our resort were not met, and that you left with not so good impressions.

We strive to provide all of our guests friendly and helpful service, with great variety of amenities for families, couples or group of friends, and above all to offer great value for their money. Although we indeed are very family friendly oriented hotel, we do have facilities and services especially catering to our guests traveling without children: Crown Club Ocean View & Honeymoon Ocean Front Suites which are adults only, Crown Club Lounge exclusive for our guests staying at the adults-only room section, Sans Soucis (adults only a la carte restaurant), Trafalgar’s (adults only bar), and our Club Caribe adults only swimming pool with a swim-up bar.

If you decide on trying us a second time, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance, as I’d love to be able to show you that we dedicate ourselves to providing our guests with great holiday experiences.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let me start by saying what I have been desperate to for some weeks ... Trip advisor is a review site; therefor a place to write post experience, not to ask questions about the hotel giving a star rating and giving incorrect overall rating to the hotel, if you need to ask a question email the hotel. I was getting increasing annoyed whilst reading reviews to see a 'one star' that actually was 'katrina I have a question' or 'I'm nervous to stay here'. Use the forums or use google!!

Rant over ill talk about my experience at the hotel, my expectations on holiday are based on price, I've stayed at expensive hotels I've rated poorly as my expectations were high, equally I have stayed at inexpensive / dive hotels I've rated well as for the money they exceeded expectations. This hotel as a medium budget thoroughly met my expectations. The food I found to be excellent (oddly except the french that I wasn't keen on, very dated) I am coeliac and cannot eat gluten, the concierge wrote me a Spanish letter to present at the restaurants detailing my allergy, each waiter was very kind, understanding and accommodating to my allergy and provided only food I could eat, I was very impressed. The Mexican restaurant was our favourite and one of the best nights we spent at the hotel, massive mojitos were flowing, the food was great and the server adolfo was brilliant.
We ate also at the Italian, fisher mans and steak they were all great. The buffet was good, even with my limitations. Breakfast looks great unfortunately I can't eat all the things that looked best (waffles, pancakes, crusty breads, hams, cereals etc..) being able to go to a restaurant every night made our holiday feel more special and more of an occasion, often with other hotels there's a limit on the restaurants , this is impressive.

The bar staff were superb ... Elfigo in the lobby was wonderful every day, I think Louis in the tralfalgar bar, and Pavlon again in the lobby. The service was just so so good and so friendly. The drinks were constant and super tasty.

The room we were given initially was ok, it didn't have a double sink, and there were a few faults. I requested a change and this was given without a problem which I appreciated. We upgraded to the club rooms, I recommend this, the club lounge upstairs was a lovely place to escape the busy child filled college bar downstairs. the jacuzzi was lovely too, the view was wonderful. The club room also means the concierge books the restaurants for you 3 days at a time, no waiting on the phone.
We ordered breakfast to the room on a couple of occasions thus was really good and came exactly when ordered on the door card!
The maid service daily was really efficient also.

For my birthday my boyfriend arranged room decorations, this was a wonderful surprise, the room was decorated with towel art and flower petals, the jacuzzi was run for us with lots of bubbles, very beautiful.

The entertainment was awful... As in dire. However we are a young (ish) couple without children so it's no surprise we didn't enjoy it. The families seemed to have fun. We didn't see much of the daytime entertainment as we mainly spent time at the adults pool. The adult pool was quiet with a swim up bar a nice atmosphere.

At no point in the holiday were we approached to buy time shares which was a pleasant surprise.

My boyfriend played golf the green fees are free however it cost $49 dollars compulsory for a golf cart, lunch is included as are practice balls, also unlimited drinks and snacks from the cart the drives round included and you can store your clubs at the club and they also offer to clean them. Watch out for crocodiles !! Takes a minute to get there by bus or a 10 minute walk. Groundsmen were there all the time. The course in his opinion is challenging but not impossible and the staff are excellent!

My suggestions would be self service tea at breakfast when it's busy you have to wait for a server and I'd rather just get my own, plus I resent tipping for one cup of tea!

A line for guests at reception.. If we had a query or wanted wifi we would have to queue with those checking in or out, even if we had a one minute question, like having our keys reset for instance.

The market in the hotel x3 a week was annoying, the convenience I appreciate however the sellers are pushy and I think the hotel should better insure they are not aggressively selling - if we wanted that we would go to market 28... Not walk through the lobby.

Paying for wifi is ridiculous in this day and age... I know there's something to be said for 'switching off' but frankly I don't want to ... Especially on my birthday I wanted to talk to friends and family. The hotel not having included wifi must put some people off so although they consider it money making I'd suggest its a false economy if it's at the expense of gaining further guests.

The on site shops were good and although it's not my preference I expect if you wanted to stay in for the holiday you could, there's enough restaurants, bars, pools, entertainment and shops to have a very inexpensive holiday.

If you do want to go out take the bus, you'd be mad not to one dollar or 10 peso to go anywhere in the hotel zone ! - anywhere... Th markets, shops, clubs, restaurants, ferry port... Just ask the driver to shout your stop and they will. A great public transport system the busses are less than 5 minutes apart, us Brits should be jealous of there transport.

If you want to do excursions I recommend: xel-ha for the day, buy biodegradable sunblock at Walmart it's loads cheaper and they won't let you use any other kind in the park, buy the one with the koala on it.

Captain hooks, an evening boat trip, show and dinner great fun for all ages.

Jungle tour speed boats, although there's lots of ones available so look around for the best price.

Chichen itza, now I'm somewhat of a history-phobe and went because my bf wanted to... I loved it, so interesting our guide was great, we booked the early tour with viator online, was fab we left at 6am meaning we were back by 3 so our whole day wasn't used (many tours run 8-7) plus arriving early meant we beat the crowds and got lots of photos without others in them. Very good indeed.

We also went on a catamaran to isla mujures, really nice, we wanted to get the ferry over and go back another day but ran out of time.

Just down the road on the bus is la isla shopping mall this was a nice escape from the pushy sellers , branded shops that let you browse. There's lots of places in there to eat and drink plus an aquarium, it's quite small but a nice way to spend an hour, especially if you have a rainy day, it was not expensive either.

Wish we had time to do excaret, the ferry to isla for the day, explor and have more chill out time.

Back to the hotel, I would say it's dated as many reviews have I'd say if has character, buy yes when it rains it leaks. Didn't bother us though.
I would recommend the hotel and tell those that have booked and are reading negative reviews to relax, provided your expectations match that of a middle budget hotel you'll have a wonderful time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Kate_cabbages

Hello Kate_cabbages,

Thank you for taking the time to share not only your stay with us but also your overall Cancun experience in such detailed fashion.
What a great review. Thank you for writing it and thank you for staying with us. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay to the extent it motivated you to write this review.
We appreciate all your kind comments on the staff, and especially for mentioning Adolfo, Elfigo,Pavlon and Luis, we are proud of all of our staff who give their best to provide caring and warm service. I’m glad to hear you were impressed with how we accommodated your allergy needs and that you enjoyed our restaurants and food selection.
Thank you again for this very thorough, thoughtful, and balanced review. You made several observations about us that help us know the areas of service in which we may serve you better, as all our guests’ feedback is very important to us and gives us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our facilities, the selection of food and that you were able to experience some of many great attractions in the region.
Please come back soon where I am sure you will have another great stay with us!

Warmest regards,