“All inclusive more like all excuses”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I just came back from 2 weeks in this hotel and I would not recommend it at all. I stayed here 7 years ago and I absolutely loved it, this vacation there was a drastic change. The rooms are dated and dirty we were informed by our travel agent that this hotel was refurbished but only the upgraded rooms seem to have been done. Our television didn't work for the whole two weeks every time we were watching a programme it knocked off by itself and said no channel available. We reported the problem and they supposedly fixed it but the same thing happened again and again. Our toilet in our room leaked from the time of arrival and blocked up and over flowed one evening. This was taken out and fixed but it still leaked for the whole time and the maintenance man said there was nothing he could do when he came again. So we were standing in leaked urine for two weeks and it stunk. There room was also damp the air conditioning didn't work properly and all of our clothes were wet and smelled of damp. The glass and barrier on the the balcony was also very loose and I was terrified with my young children. The room was half cleaned we got no towels on the first day. Dirty bed sheets were left on. Empty bottles were left in the room and the floor was never cleaned. Every day the soles of all our feet were black.
There is no alcohol allowed to the room so the idea we had of putting our children to bed and having a glass of wine on the balcony was a no go for us. There is also no fridges or mini bars in the rooms. This is a joke for a five star hotel I have stayed in loads of all inclusive resorts in Mexico and this was the worst. I asked for a fridge to be put into my room as I have a young child who drinks milk at night and it was going sour in the heat. I asked two managers about this and they were to get back to me but no one ever did. My sister happened to be moved to a room with a fridge because there was a leak in her room so I used her fridge as it was on my floor. This meant that during the night I had to leave my room 1323 and go to hers 1351 to get fresh milk. She was in the room with her fiancé and sister in law they were supposed to have a double and single bed which they had in the first room but when they were moved to the second room they never gave a single bed so my sister her new fiancé and his sister shared a bed for two weeks. She contacted 2 managers about this but they never resolved the problem. The hotel charged €1200 to add a third bed to the room and they took the extra money but never accommodated her sleeping arrangements.
The pool area is really nice but there is not enough staff. People eat at the side of the pool all day and half plates if food left for hours. The waiting staff around the pool are brilliant especially angel and Carlos. Also the the bar staff at the pool are very accommodating. The staff at the main bar weren't friendly you would be standing there like a statue unless you had a tip in your hand. The drink here is also flat. There's only 7 tables inside the whole bar for all the hotel guests and every night we couldn't get a table. We often sat in the lobby but there is no air conditioning. There was always loads of seats in the trafalgar bar which is adults only which is a bit ridiculous because this is supposed to be a family hotel.

There is also a constant game of towels being stolen at the pool and the hotel always wins. When you arrive each guests gets a card to get a towel for the pool if each night you give your towel back and you get your card if you don't bring back all ur cards when checking out you get charged $35 per card. Our towels were stolen at the pool and we reported it to the front desk who told us to check if the towel guy had any left over at the end of the the day which of course he said he didn't. When speaking to other guests they said the same had happened to them also and they stole someone else's. We were down 2 towels for the while trip as we didn't want to risk losing them again and paying for them. We paid $35 each for our 2 missing cards when checking out. I don't understand why the hotel do this as I seen hotel staff picking up unattended towels and the end of every day and of course some one was charged for these. My babies Ralph Lauren swimming shoes were also stolen by the pool in my first day. There is only one choice of wine in this hotel an awful Chardonnay which we wouldn't drink. If you wanted a different wine you had to pay which we did every night every night. We drink Pinot Grigio not Sauvignon blanc which the hotel didnt have after our first two nights. We used to get a taxi to the off licence Europea and bring it back to the hotel. You had to book restaurants the morning before between 8 and 2 we called every morning at 8 but there was only one or two restaurants available and it was nearly impossible to get a reservation for our whole group there was 16 of us. Wayne's boots steak house was nice the
staff were lovely we are there twice. The la piazza restaurant service was very bad we waited to be seated for 20 minutes while the staff played around with each other the food was awful cold and the orders were all wrong we didn't eat there again. We ate in the seafood restaurant the service here was good but you had to pay an extra $32 for lobster which is ridiculous. The starters in the French restaurants were beautiful the beef tenderloin was not beef at all it was pork or veal. The buffet was hit and miss always a good choice of food but the choice of meat was bad. Especially the chicken it was always pink or brown meat.
We got a booking for the Mexican on our last night we got 2 reservations for 8 people at 7 o clock and 7.10 the manager had an absolute dogs manner in this restaurant and treated us so badly we ended up leaving without any food. He wouldn't seat us because the whole group were not there. Although we knew what our children wanted and could have ordered for them he wouldn't seat us at 2 tables he insisted on seating us at one which meant our chores would be at a table on there own with my sister father. When my father arrived and pulled a seat over to sit with the adults the manager embarrassed him so much because he took his own seat that he left. Then my sister arrived and he told her that he wasn't giving her a second table because she was late. He was so ignorant and rude that the whole group left it was appalling.
I got two massages off Frances by the pool which was excellent. But I got a nail and toe polish change in the spa and they hadn't a clue it was painted onto my skin in 5 layers and peeled off that evening. I also got a blow dry and my hair was still wet. This hotel could be brilliant if it had better staff and was renovated I spoke to Carlos and Hugo about all of my complaints I got an apology letter and a bottle of wine which was little consolation after spending €16000 for a vacation. All in all I wouldn't recommend this hotel it was a waste of money. I have stayed in the moon palace, the cancun palace, the dreams in cancun and the secrets in cabo
and I would highly recommend any of these over this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Chwa26
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Chwa26,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We're terribly sorry for the inconveniences and service inconsistencies you encountered during your stay with us. Such missteps are certainly not typical and we know our guests have high expectations when staying with us. Your feedback will serve as a reminder that we must remain one step ahead of our guests' needs.
Your detailed comments about the housekeeping, reservations, dining experience, and maintenance issues have been shared with our staff and are being addressed accordingly. We'd be happy to speak with you in greater detail about your stay and hope that you'll consider giving us another chance to offer you our true hospitality.

Kind regards,
Katarina P

Write a ReviewReviews (8,500)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here in 07. The fact we came back in 14 already tells you we were happy with our first visit.

It is a bit dated, not as upscale as other hotels in the Hotel Zone. But the place is so complete, with lots of activities for kids, teens, and adults. 7 Pools, water slides, wall climbing, zip-wire, mini-golf. Food stations by the pool, drinks also available (alcohol and non-alcohol). Did I mention "All Inclusive"?

Service is great and staff incredibly friendly. Their buffet is varied and delicious. They have a bunch of restaurants, but for us buffet was more than enough.

They are extreme with cleanliness. Front desk not too chatty, but prompt to serve and solve any issue (We lost water pressure on our shower and I was ready for nightmare, but they had it fixed literally in 10 minutes).

Maybe travelers with no kids, and looking for more 'action' and nightlife would be better off at the Hard Rock, or some of the more upscale places. But for a family of four I could not think of a better place than this. Moon Palace has a lot of amenities and is humungous, but that means taking golf carts, walking and waiting a lot; at the Crown Paradise everything is really close, all in one place.

Room Tip: First couple of floors will hear the parties and live music they set up some nights at the lobby. B...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank richpm20
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello richpm20,

Thank you so much for calling us “perfect”, we definitely strive to offer our guests the amenities and services to ensure a great family vacation. I’m glad you had another positive experience with us and thoroughly enjoyed what we have to offer.
I appreciate you mentioning the high level of cleanliness you noticed, and recognized our staff for their service.
We’d be more than happy to have the opportunity to welcome you many more times in the future. Come back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is the third consecutive year that we stayed at the Crown paradise and we love the food, the service, the people, all fun activities and the accommodations, Like the other reviews the waiters been there for more than 3 years some of them and they always remember us and give the best of them.

The spa is also great and all dining experience are absolutely amazing, we'll see you all next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Petricia74
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hello Paty S,

There is nothing more rewarding that knowing that our guests continue to have their expectations met and consider us a perfect place to spend a vacation.

We look forward to your 4th visit to CPC. Thank you for posting!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went here for the first time in July for my sister wedding at the hotel it was absolutely stunning and an amazing hotel they staff can't do anything more for you really friendly and make you feel like home also the bar staff are really gd and work so hard they food was out of this world loads of food to choose from Also the restaurant are very gd and they service iz excellent the cleanliness of the hotel is really good and the staff r alway making sure that everything is clean.my hole family love it that much wee are all going to book up and visit again in 2016 can't wait thank-you for making my hoilday that evermore amazing see you all in 2016 crown paradise club

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank stevoduffy

Hello stevoduffy,

Thank you for writing these words of praise. We’re delighted to know you spent an amazing holiday at Crown Paradise Cancun and enjoyed our food choices, the service and found the hotel perfect for your family.

We cannot wait to welcome you back in 2016, please let us know in advance when you come so that we prepare a special warm welcome for you.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Let me start by saying I read reviews all the time and take them with a grain of salt because I know some people can be very picky. I've read many reviews where people complained about things but I still went to those resorts and had an amazing time. That being said, this resort was not good and I would strongly recommend that you rethink your choice to visit this resort.

We chose this resort because we were on a budget this year. Fairly inexpensive we thought for what looked great on the internet. The phrase "you get what you pay for" is absolutely true in this case. Spend a few hundred more and get a much much better hotel. Here is a breakdown on some aspects of the resort:

Food: The restaurants had fairly good food but not a huge selection and it was nearly impossible to get a reservation (which is required at all for dinner except the buffet). You could only reserve between 8am and 2pm. I called every day at 8am on the dot and there was only 1 or 2 reservations available and the times were horrible (like 5:30pm). You could only reserve a day in advance so I don't see how at 8am they were full already for 4 restaurants. Very frustrating. The buffet was horrible! The fruit did not seem fresh, there were many stations that were empty and some of the "hot" stations would tell you they're not cooking right now and to come back in 20 minutes. I am not a picky eater at all but this was bad. The selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner was almost exactly the same with the exception of the obvious breakfast foods like omelets and bacon etc. Lunch and dinner were basically the same thing......every single day. The drinks are very small (just barely bigger than shot glasses) and they are very watered down. I must have had at least 8 drinks between 11am and 1pm and did not feel a buzz at all. They serve beer in these ridiculously small cups...who does that? You'd have to go back for like 3 beers just to equal one regular bottle. Most people brought their own bubba mugs to refill but you shouldn't have to do that. And I think that's their scam because they sell those mugs in their gift shop for like $20.

Accommodations - the hotel was dirty and not well kept. We were on the 2nd floor so we took the stairs every day to our room and there were french fries, an empty cup and other food on the floor for at least 4 days before someone cleaned it up. Room service plates were left in the hallway on the floor for days before someone came to take them away and because of that there were ants crawling all over them. The maid service seemed to only replace our towels and lotion for at least the first 4 days. I could tell they had not cleaned the floor or wiped down any counters because our shoes were still all over the place ever day. After the first day or so that I noticed this I specifically left small items on the floor like a hair tie and bobby pin to see if it would be picked up or swept away and they sat there for 4 days until they were gone. We had empty water bottles and empty cups in our room that the maids never took away and just kept piling up. The area around the pool is filthy as well. You are allowed to eat around the pool which is great but if that's the case then they need to have more staff coming around to clear the plates and cups. They only had 1 or 2 people doing this and it was a mess of plates everywhere. There is also a horrible bird situation here where the birds will literally come right next to you to stalk you while you eat your food to pick at your scraps. All the extra plates laying around had a flock of crows on it picking at food. The walls are paper thin here also. Every night we could hear just regular conversations in the room next to us and everything that was going on in the hallway. Whenever a baby was crying or voices were raised it was horrible. We felt like we had to whisper all the time because if we could hear our neighbors that clearly then I'm sure they could hear us. HORRIBLE

Staff/Service - The entertainers were great and work very hard. Especially Chewey. He was awesome! As for everyone else....I can't say the same. We found no one to be friendly. We usually make connections with our waiters at buffets but that was not the case here. We barely even had anyone come up to our table to ask if we wanted coffee or drinks. Maybe a couple times and then it was just "here's your drink". We didn't find anyone to be overly friendly or interested in engaging in conversation with the guests. There were very few waiters working by the pool so it took forever to get drinks. On the very last day of our trip we did have a wonderful waiter named Santiago. Too bad we didn't find him sooner. He was the only good one and definitely wanted to mention him.

Again, I am not picky about food and accommodations so for me to give a bad review I hope tells you how bad this is. I travel several times per year and have a very good knowledge of resorts and services. Spend a couple extra hundred dollars and get a much nicer, cleaner, friendlier resort with a much better overall experience. I would never recommend this resort and will never go back for another visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank sonni43

Dear sonni43,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I would like to apologize on behalf of Crown Paradise Hotel that our services and attention did not fulfill your expectations during your recent stay with us.

We’re very sorry to hear that you had difficulties in making your restaurant reservations, and that you were not pleased with our food selection and quality. We rarely receive this type of comments but we’ll surely pass it on to our F&B department to evaluate the areas of opportunity you mention.
In regards to your comments that the hotel sell mugs in order to deceive the clients, I need to add that the gift shop you’re referencing to is an independent store and not related to the hotel’s management or its ownership.

As per you observations about the cleanliness of your room, I truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will be sure to follow up on your comments with our housekeeping department.
We appreciate you mentioning Chewy and Santiago, but are sorry to hear that our service levels in general were not up to par and can assure you we're using all of our guests' feedback to make improvements. We take great pride in offering the warmest and most attentive service, and I am disappointed that your overall impression was less in this respect than we strive for; please rest assured that we will continue to work on this.

If a guest does have any concerns we also have management on 24 hours and we are always here to make sure that our guests are having the kind of stay they are looking for.

I understand that you were unsatisfied but if in the future you would reconsider returning to give us another chance to provide you with an amazing vacation that we are known to provide, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been here with my young daughter and had a blast. The pools were great. I felt like I was swimming directly into the ocean. There were fun things for the kids. The waiters remembered us every morning we went to breakfast. The miniature golf was good for a hotel. I would definitely return if I had young children. I felt safe leaving her with the kids club. ( I actually traveled almost 8 years ago though)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I absolutely loved our time staying here. Most of the people we met there had already been there several times, and told us that you can't go anywhere else once you've been to Crown Paradise Club, and we agree. We are already planning our next trip here and we can't wait! The entertainment staff are what make the experience most memorable. Food in the buffet is pretty good, and we thought the meals at the restaurants were excellent. If you're coming to this resort, make sure you're there before Tuesday so you can go on the booze cruise around the lagoon! So much fun. Big shout out to Robo, you made both of us feel welcome from the start and showed us how to party! We both love you and liked how you made us feel a little like celebrities. Excited for our next trip to Paradise!
- White boy and White girl

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Connor N
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hello Connor N,

Thank you for choosing to spend your honeymoon at the Crown Paradise Club, and also for posting these great comments.

We are happy we made your special vacation so memorable and even more so to hear that you’re already planning your return stay. Come back soon!

All the best wishes,