“Good location, nice beach, beautiful views”

Krystal Grand Punta Cancun
Ranked #53 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Sorry if this review is long, but we were nervous about booking at the Hyatt because some of the reviews are bad, but we really liked the Hyatt. I want to put in this review all the questions I had when I was reading reviews.

I would recommend staying here. It was perfect for us. The price was right, and it had everything we wanted: not all inclusive, good location, and a nice beach. I guess maybe we are not picky, but we thought the hotel was great. The public areas and the rooms were clean (they could use some updating, but the decor was still nice). The beds were comfortable. We paid for two city view rooms, but both rooms had ocean views. Especially, my sister's room. (see photo) We were on the 9th floor, so I guess that is why the views were great- if we were lower my room view would have been of the Dreams resort roofs. We enjoyed the view, I could see the ocean, the Dreams dolphins and a lighthouse from my balcony.

All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The front desk people were helpful and friendly, the waiters and room service people were really nice. The activities people at the pool were fun, we played water volleyball a few times and did water aerobics once.

The beach is nice, I'm not sure why people did not like it. It is a short walk down to the water. There is a slope to get into the water, but not difficult or extreme. The water was more calm here than at some of the other beaches, and even on yellow (and one red) flag days we got into the ocean. We had children with us (six year olds) and they were able to play (with floats) in the ocean. It was nice and shallow and you can go out past where the waves break. The teens we were with loved playing in the breaking waves, we had inflatable tubes and they crashed in the waves for hours.

We booked here because of the location, and I am glad we did. It is a 5-10 minute walk to the main hub of restaurants and nightclubs. This made it easy to go out and explore.

We did eat a lot at the Hyatt, they had a promotion where they doubled our credit at the resort. We had the breakfast buffet several times. It was delicious and easy. We ordered room service twice, ate lunch at the Grill twice (the fish entrees were yummy) and had sandwiches and ice cream at the Deli. The doubled credit made everything half price- you can't beat that!

We really like it here and would stay again. It was our first time to Cancun and we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor- nice views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank noel94044
HyattRegCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear guests:

We are truly grateful for your kind comments, as well as happy to learn all of you enjoyed yourselves, and above all, that you may choose staying with us again in your future vacations by the Mexican Caribbean.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We spent our 1 anniversary at the Hyatt Regency. I was impressed when first arrive at the hotel. Everyone was extremely helpful and even upgraded us to ocean view room at no cost. The view from the room was the most amazing thing I had ever seen, miles and miles of beautiful blue water.
The location was great; we were centrally located in the middle of everything. We were within walking distance of all the party spots, great restaurants and just very short walk to the bus stop to Wal-Mart. I think. The room was very spacious and it was decorated in modern decor. We had a private balcony with 2 chairs and table which was great sit back watch the sun come up or go down. I can’t say enough about the Hyatt, I would recommend it to everyone planning a trip.

Room Tip: Alway ask if there are any room upgrade available
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
HyattRegCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear guests:

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to spend such an important Anniversary.

We are very pleased to learn our main objectives, which are provinding our guests with comfort and care, were obtained. Hopefully, this will be the first time of many, many happy returns!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Wlaked into horrible paint fumes in lobby - booked for four of us - upon arrival charged $60/night per kid because over 12 years old- put in room on 2nd floor overlooking roof tops- old and smelly- toilet clogged when walked in room - moved to one room left better but now door handle on bathroom broken- all this first 5 minutes upon arrival- and all this for my gold passport membership- no thanks - will never stay at another hyatt - first and last attempt - go elsewhere in cancun- much better hotels everywhere

Room Tip: No use there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Jnz1995
HyattRegCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Dear guests:

Thank you for your time in giving us your valuable feedback about your recent stay in our Hotel. We take your comments very seriously and highly regret that we have not been able to meet the level of your expectations.

We strive to provide all our guests with the best experience; however when reading your comments I have to recognize that we are still in the process of “getting there”.
You can be sure that all your comments will be addressed; our team in Cancun is committed to continuously improve the quality of our service.

We certainly hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

On the point of the beach district. Great staff, concierge, front desk, and bell desk. They are interested in being sure you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Room was very clean. Meals were OK. Free internet with Hyatt Gold Passport. Beach was eroding and while there was a lot of sand remaining, it was being regraded with heavy machinery during my stay. Still in all a nice beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
HyattRegCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Dear guest:

Thank you so much for you rkind comments regarding your recent stay.

The hotels and the government work very hard in the beach maintenance, in order to prevent its natural erosion. We are very happy to inform you that this job is now completed and hopefully, you will return to Cancun and stay with us soon, to enjoy it.

Our staff are also happy to learn you were pleased with our service!

Reviewed 22 July 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at the Hyatt Regency. The Hotel is nice but is in need of a renovation in the lobby area. The sofa's are in need of change, very worn. However, our room (823) was clean, comfortable and updated with an excellent ocean view. The water pressure, air conditioning, bed were perfect. The staff were excellent throughout the Hotel. Food is very expensive, however, they have a promotion wheren you can purchase $100, $150, $200, $250 credits for double the price for food, spa, snack shop goods, which is an excellent deal.

Warning....there is a theft ring at the Cancun Airport. I counted my $ in my purse after leaving the hotel heading to the Airport for our trip home. My purse never left my side from the hotel to the Airport. Upon going through the 1st security check, at the airport, I was singled out for a hand check. The security guy checked my luggage and proceeded to check my purse. He pulled out my wallet from my purse and opened it to view my money. I thought this was strange but watched his every move. He did not take any money. (This was a ploy to alert the 2nd checkpoint for the theft to occur at the 2nd checkpoint). After given clearance through the gate (A6) to the plane, there was yet another makeshift checking point. A Mexican young woman checked my luggage and purse. While checking my purse, she never pulled any of the items out...she moved items around while looking in it. AT THIS POINT SHE STOLE a $100 bill out of my purse. My belief is that she somehow rolled/folded the $100 bill in her plastic gloves. I did not discover the theft until we were seated on the plane ready for takeoff. LADIES...please take your money out of your purse and put in on your person (pants pocket, bra) OR do not allow them to search your purse WITHOUT putting all items on the table for all to see. Remember TSA officials are only employed in the United States.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stuffy_07
HyattRegCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate them and value your suggestions and points of view.

We are also very sorry to learn of such a terrible experience at the airport, and hope it will not diminish your favorable regard of your visiting our country and our hotel again.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stay with a couple of friends in the hyatt and it was nice, a little bit pricy but the service was excellent and the food good, the food on the pool was overpriced, but overal ok.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
HyattRegCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear Guest:

We certainly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay; we have taken note and conveyed to the staff.

We hope you give un another opportunity to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed here for 6 days and it was amazing. the location is the best, about a 5 minute walk to the night clubs and restaurants.
Hotel in itself was beautiful, the only down part was i didnt like the shower - didnt really get any hot water but that was only a minor thing.
the pool is fantastic and the hotel connects to the beach.
the restaurants were nice, and the waiters very tentative to our needs.
i definitly recommend this hotel, location is the best, the service was great and it did not cost us that much.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank georgie874

Dear Guests:

Thank you very much for your nice comments and review of our hotel; we are certainly happy to learn that our services were up to your expectations. We have also taken note of your suggestions which were informed to our Maintenance Department.

We also hope you will come back to Cancun and stay at our hotel again in the not too distant future.