Krystal Grand Punta Cancun
US$591
US$481
Priceline
3,881 results
All reviewsthe hyatt regencyocean viewhotel zonebreakfast buffetcoco bongogreat beachthe club loungebali bedsall inclusive optioninfinity poolnight lifebeach areaswim up barlounge chairsbottled waterisla mujeresspring break
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pros: The location is nice, it's at the end of the hotel zone and the beach is pretty (although quite a bit of seaweed, not the gross slimy kind, but a lot). Our room faced out toward the ocean. 99% of the staff we interacted with were amazing! Incredibly friendly and helpful. Food at the Italian restaurant was really good,

Neutral (Didn't add or take off "points"): The weather was terrible, which obviously isn't the hotel's fault, but it did dampen the experience a bit overall. Having to sign for everything wasn't a big deal, but it'd be nice to not have to.

Negatives: The hotel itself needs a lot of work, which they were doing when we were there. To the tune of a chunk of drywall falling on the floor behind us in the lobby. The bathrooms (showers in particular) are TERRIBLE. Shower pressure is pretty much non--existent enough so that I didn't even feel like I was getting the shampoo out of my hair. I said 99% of the staff we encountered were great, but our check in experience was really bad. Even though we already had a 3rd guest in our party check in earlier in the day, they claimed they couldn't find our reservation and told us we needed a different confirmation number even though I had the email confirmation (and that was all I was ever given). Felt very much like a "not my problem" response. We told them multiple times someone else in our party had already checked in and asked them to look for them so they could find the reservation and after about 5 times of telling them this, they did and found it. Buffet food was just okay. Sometimes it was cold. Music at the pool is awful.

Overall we had a good time, it wasn't horrible, but I don't know if I would stay here again. Part of it could be that I'm not used to the smaller resorts (as I typically have stayed at the larger chains before).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmandaLeigh1123
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a very well appointed hotel and located right in the middle of all the hot party stops in Cancun

I stayed in the new wing where the rooms are spacious, the interiors are well done and the view is also nice

The other thing about this place that I liked was the buffet breakfast. The range of food was wide and the the flavours were delicious. The Mexican fare that they had was the best!

The only one hitch was with the Key Card - they issued two for our room as I was sharing mine with a friend, but whenever one was used the other one wouldn't - that beat the purpose itself.

Room Tip: Get rooms with a view of the beach
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the fourth time I've stayed at Krystal Grande, and it has never disappointed me. The location is only a 5 minute walk from the Coco Bongo area. My room was kept clean, with plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, etc. The beach is groomed daily. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially Yolanda who works at the lobby bar. The front door are incredibly helpful, they even made dinner reservations for me. As Arnold said, I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank wilburharkin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just got back from the hotel 2 days ago. Okay so let me just say that I was a bit skeptical after reading reviews for a couple of months before my visit, but I am SO glad I went!

Background: It was me and my friend that stayed at the hotel and we are both in our early 20s. We did NOT want the all inclusive because we wanted to venture out a bit.

Location: THE REASON I PICKED IT! Even the cab drivers driving us to the hotel and back to the airport said it’s the best location in the hotel zone. It is near all of the bars, tons of restaurants but also some good cheap quick eats AND supermarkets and convenience stores 7-11 type! Also the view made it so amazing I’m coming back to this hotel and that is one of the main reasons.

Environment: I personally love the vibe at this hotel, it was smaller, but it was a bit more modern but yet cozy. The patio area was super beautiful.

Pools: Didn’t use much of the pools but the regular ones were OKAY, the infinity pool was NICE a bit small though. Tones of lounge chairs though.

Beach: Beach was amazing!! I loved the location and how you could see the curvature of the coast. That made it a very unique experience for me. Waves were good , a bunch of seaweed at times but this varies by day and time, wasn’t always there. Loved the seating and umbrellas they had for the guests! Never had an issue getting a good seat.

Room: we stayed in the normal tower( not altitude) and it was one of the best views of my life! Seriously I’ve stayed in a super expensive 5 star hotel in Punta Cana, and the views were nowhere near this. I would come back for this hotel BECAUSE OF THIS VIEW!

Food: Our only experience with food was the breakfast buffet because we did not get the all inclusive, just the breakfast option. It was soo good! The area was a bit smaller but I loved it! The glass windows and nice view of the outside were splendid. The food was good! Less variety because it was smaller but the quality was awesome. Try the green juice, we were obsessed! We took a picture of the ingredients and we hope to make it back home.

Summary/ tips: I don’t think this hotel would be great for all inclusive option. There were not many activities, and I’ve stayed in all inclusive resorts where they provide activities and nightlife and stuff to do. But since we wanted to venture out we didn’t mind the absence of these activities/ music/nightlife. We were gone a lot exploring and trying new places to eat anyway. But I loved it!! The location and view make it worth it.

Side note: Service staff were not the most attentive like at the service desk, but at the buffet they were really good and attentive to us! LOVED IT and I want to return again with a bigger group of people definitely!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aubri P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

3.5/5 - Booked with Vacation Express, All-inclusive

I think for our first trip, the hotel was everything we needed. If you're looking for an amazing customer service and to feel pampered like royalty, this is not the place. It's definitely not a 4/5 star hotel. It has all the basic necessities you will need and good food.

PROS:
- Oceanview is amazing
- really close to everything: shopping, coco bongo, clubs, OXXO across the street (Mexico's version of 7-11)
- Personally loved the buffets more than the restaurants
- Staffs were helpful

CONS:
- not much entertainment in the resort itself
- Altitude guests (sister hotel on same resort) were the only people to use the infinity pools and cabanas
- hotel itself is a bit dated

I was pretty worried after reading the terrible reviews about Vacation Express and this hotel but the trip went really smooth. The hotel was definitely not as bad as the reviews show.

It's circular, open concept styled hotel, which means the lobby area had no AC. The only air conditioned area is your room and restaurants.

They actually gave us another room on the second day there because they needed to do some work on the 2nd floor and might need to turn off the water so they gave us a similar room on the 10th floor. The room we first got was a bit dated. The tv had no HDMI or USB ports. The bathroom was a tub shower. The 10th floor room felt a bit more modern and new. It was cleaner and brighter. The bathroom was a standing shower which felt more clean.

We didn't have any toilet issues or any issues really while we were there. They gave you two free waters. And there's a mini fridge stocked with soda, beer, and water. There's an iron and ironing board in the room. Blow-dryer included.

If you get all-inclusive which I recommend, you pretty much don't have to worry about anything except excursions and tips. If you order room service, there's a charge about $5 per order.

I loved the buffet. For dinner, The tacos were delicious. It's different buffet meals every day I think but it's all similar. There's always 1 soup, different breads, couple of meat dishes, variety of fruits, and etc. Breakfast was more on the light side, there's always a line for the omelette.

We booked excursions with our rep from Vacation Express which was also known as Sunwing or Nexus Tours. They provided transportation from and to the airport and from and to excursions. They were at the hotel on certain days at certain times on the lower level of the hotel. One floor below the front desk/lobby. Sort of in the hole in the wall with two desks.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple