“Tired Travellers and No Warm Welcome.” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Las Perlas Condos
Ranked #154 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Toronto, Canada
“Tired Travellers and No Warm Welcome.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I knew that this was a modest hotel and I did not mind that at all as I did not want to be in a big monster of a resort down the Mayan Riviera. It was predominantly booked by Mexicans on vacation and I liked that aspect. I was not impressed by the service at reception. Apart from 2 of the guys there, the others were indifferent. It was also NOT welcoming! I arrived at 10:30am after an early morning flight. I knew that it could be a problem as most hotel rooms are not ready until 3pm. Still, we could not get a cup of coffee, never mind anything else. The location is good for catching a bus into Cancun and going on sidetrips. For a place to lay your head and go exploring, this is fine.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ljbb999
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Las Perlas Condos, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank your for your time in review your stay with us, we´ll follow up every detail to be better every day...
Regards

Imperial las perlas Cancun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The room decoration needs updating ASAP! The staff were particularly unhelpful unless they were taking money off you for a dodgy deal. On the last day 2 members of staff wouldn't assist us organising our airport transfers. I suppose they didn't feel the need to be nice to us anymore as they couldn't make anymore cash off us.
My speakers reference is because between 8 & 11pm the outside bar speakers are blasting even when there is nobody there. It feels like you're in a nightclub every evening without the possibility of chilling out. Really inconsiderate!! I've been to Ibiza 8 times but this was just silly!
Could put up with the dated rooms if the staff or the noise pollution wasn't so bad.
Also there was a pubic hair in the shower soap tray the entire week, I suppose it was our job to clean that.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Richard H
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Las Perlas Condos, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your time to review your stay at Imperial Las Perlas, this comment was already send to the operation manger.
We hope to welcome you again in your next visit to Cancun

Imperial Las Perlas
Cancun

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We didnt expect too much when we came to Imperial las perlas because it was listed as a 3 star hotel and it was priced as such. We however were very pleasantly surprised as soon as we arrived and continued to be happy with our experience.
The staff were very friendly. We got a great room overlooking the ocean and their little restaurant on the water. Our rooms were cleaned daily and we were happy with the service. We made sure to tip the staff well. That helps with better service anywhere in Mexico.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning at the restaurant on the water they had an omelette station and it was soo soo good.
We liked that is was away from the main strip because the beach was not overcrowded and noisy so we could really just relax on the beach chairs and tan in peace. When we wanted some nightlife we booked a trip to Senor Frogs with Kevin the nightlight entertainment guy at Imperial. He was great. He took us there and got us VIP open bar passes. There is also boats right outside the hotel to book trips to Isle muheres if you like. Omar is one of the guys that works there and he was great. He went above and beyond and took my friend and I on the bus one day to a local downtown food spot for authentic cheap food. So good.
You cant beat that service.
If you want to see the main strip the bus is right across the street and runs like every 5 minutes..there is always a bus and for only 8.5 pesos. It will take you there in 5-10minutes.
We are two women in our mid twenties, but we felt safe in this hotel. We felt the security was well managed at all hours of the night. I would recommend this hotel to all couples, and young people who want some chill relax time with their partying. I wouldnt recommend this hotel for famillies as the kids might not find it as interesting.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda M
AndrosBS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I chose this hotel because it was not on the strip and more towards the local beach area and seemed very promising.
When I arrived the desk staff could not find my reservation, even after I showed them my confirmation email.
My room was confirmed for a "Beach View" I was informed that the hotel did not book rooms under that criteria.
They told me that they would have to check "downtown" and it would take a few minutes.
An Hour and a half later, I was giving a room. The room looked over the construction pit that was the parking lot. This did not matter as I had to turn the chair sideways to be able to sit on the balcony.
The room had no A/C, and the fan did not work. The last straw was when I had to use the bathroom, the toilet did not flush.
Next door is a Holiday Inn, I walked over, and without reservations, got an ocean side room, twice the size, for 3 dollars US more a night.

Save yourself the aggravation and book with the Holiday Inn Las Perlas.

Usually, if I have a bad experience with a hotel I just won't write about it. But the deceptive practice this despicable place presented deserves it.

I stayed in July 2012

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Chooch37
minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I know this is maybe the oldest hotel but it has always been clean and safe..........I have stayed numerous times this yr from feb 11 until the 6th of march...........
I cannot say enough good things about the staff...............most have been there every yr we have gone and they are truly like family....I love them all.......Nellie the morning cook is like a sister to me..........if you are looking for luxury please do stay here......the breakfast has made to order omlettes or eggs....the beach is on a marina but they are raking the seaweed and sand all day............ez access to the busses and has apublic beach next door......cant wait to go again next yr

Room Tip: ask for a room on the bottom and facing the beach............
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Regards

Imperial las perlas Cancun
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Very nice place for breakfast, room was ok, quiet place, close from city center, and also not far from clubs and bars, just take a bus!
Small bed! wide, but short! :) Every day room was nice and clean, stayed there for 5 nights!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bsegroup, Director of Sales at Las Perlas Condos, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for your time in this review, we do our best for a great value, we look forward to welcome you again in Cancun.

regards
Imperial las Perlas Cancun
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I spent three nights here after reading a quite a few reviews on tripadvisor so I was prepared in a way for how it might be, and was!

On checking in their server was down so I couldn't pay, this caused confusion the following morning when a different staff member had no idea who I was and whether I had or hadn't paid, which in turn resulted in me getting an unwanted email from bookit.com saying I hadn't turned up at the hotel. Anyway after many emails I got that sorted out and everyone agreed I was ACTUALLY there.
The bar was like what I would expect in a small Mexican pueblo, not near the centre of Cancun, it had hardly anything in it? When I ordered a wine they brought in this large flagon of what looked like home made to me, I did drink a glass and the next day had an upset tummy, but nobody forced me to drink it right??? The usual barman is a smiley chatty character but when he wasn't on the next day a rather tired sullen guy took his place.
The food, well it's true what everyone says it is all much of the sameness, but then I already knew it would be like that. As a vegetarian there was vegetables so I was happy.
Wifi, only worked in the lobby, I took a small room behind reception since it did get wifi in it, it was very basic, that's being kind about it,but the shower worked and i got my wifi, the t.v didn't and the window looked out onto the front car park so not a pretty view. The rooms round the swimming pool looked realy nice and they did have a good view, The beach area was extremely narrow but since it wasn't busy it wasn't a problem to get a lounger. I would recommend this hotel, but only for a few nights as I think after a few days the food, the lack of beach and instant wifi, the randon drinks bar and disorganised staff could easily get to you?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo