“always been happy with las Perlas”
Review of Las Perlas Condos

Las Perlas Condos
Ranked #154 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I have stayed here 6 times...and have stayed a the BETTER hotels but have have always felt safe and had clean rooms at the las perlas for less$$$$$ .I dont expect a 5* for the price .......this yr spring break had started so it was more noise than I had encountered other stays but will stay again ....the staff were all nice and helpful

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmjminnesota

Reviewed 13 March 2009

Arrived to celebrate my 30th in what I hoped was a tropical paradise. When we arrived we were shown to 2 horrid rooms, overlooking a carpark, I asked to be moved & the staff were very helpful and gave us a choice of rooms to choose from, so I ended up getting a lovely spacious room and the other was nice. Air con was brilliant, no bug problem in the rooms, now that was the good part. The bed clothes were stained, the "cooker" was a joke, the noise level at night was unbelievable, guests were slamming doors and running around like it was spring break or 12 in the afternoon, staff did nothing to stop this happening, drunk people in the pool playing football and kicking the ball in to all the balconies they could reach. Again staff were no help, the pool was dirty, and rarely cleaned, staff would get hot & jump in the pool fully clothed and sweating, it was disgusting. The thatched restaurant was nice, until 2 of us got food poisioning for 3 days from the chicken, so beware. Staff there were pleasant. The location was very far from the strip, so we had to get taxis & buses everywhere. I should have gone with my instinct & booked the cairbe up the road, it was beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Dublingirl18
Reviewed 21 February 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for an all-inclusive week and I had the time of my life! Granted, the front desk ripped me off when I exchanged US$ for pesos (so take a 5 min bus ride down to the little caracan or something mall and theyll be fair), the room key was tricky sometimes, and the food was medium at best. But that all was made up for by the AWESOME bartenders, Elsalvio and Miguel, the amazing people that you got to know because the hotel isn't nearly as big as others. We met soo many different people and saw their rooms too. Every room is different as far as the lay-out and size goes but overall they were all good. Our airconditioner worked almost too well and the maids were always really friendly. We even forgot to tip ours a couple days and the room was still really good. No complaints at all. We had friends at the 5-star Oasis hotel at the other end of the hotel zone, and even though that hotel is nice, we waited 40 minutes for one drink (NO LIE!!) it was SO busy you could barely move, let alone talk to people and ever see them again. At Imperial you see your new friends everyday and become really good friends - I'm going to see my new friends again for sure after spending so much time together at the hotel and exploring the Isla de mujeres with them for a full day of endless fun. Really, I couldn't have had a better time. I mean yeah, after you drop others off at the fancy lobbies of the 5-star hotels you kind of think, "oh no" when you walk into the lobby and walk up the narrow stairs to your room, but don't be influenced by the negative reviews of this place. IT'S AMAZING!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRC182
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Was not impressed with the 4th floor room no eleveator. Stinky sewar smell.

Same desert every day for a week. Should have furits available at lunch and dinner as well.
pasta, chicken and fish. Edible, but not the best.

No night entertainment.
Beach was not the best

Did enjoy Cancun very much

1  Thank WinnipegChinook
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We booked this hotel through Sunwing Vacations who were great about getting us to and from the hotel and sorting out the room problem. We did not want to be right in the Hotel Zone. We were supposed to be in room 186 but the young fellow who carried our bags, put us in room 176 right above the lobby. The room stank of sewage and you couldn't get any fresh air in it. (We arrived quite late). Access cards would not work at this room because we were coded for room 186. Such a pain to ask the staff to let you in your own stinking room. The next day, our Sunwing rep showed up and helped us get a much better room, facing the pool and beach.

I gather they have sewage problems at this hotel, because that's is what the rooms smell like (ewwww!) unless you have the windows open. Bring a facecloth as they don't seem to know what that is.

Food in the restaurant is okay, I found something to eat at each meal, but certainly not the same choice that you get in a 5 star hotel.

If you just want a place to sleep, this could be the place. We would not go back here again as we were somewhat overwhelmed by the smell of it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank barbe_f
Reviewed 26 January 2009

I did a lot of research on this hotel before booking and knew what I was getting into. My experiences at the hotel didn't ruin my trip (we are pretty easy goind) but I will never go again or recommend to any of my friends.

We arrived and had requested an oceanview with a queen bed and balcony (i am married, double beds don't do it for me) we received an ocean view, double bed with no balcony directly over the bar area. Once we got settled in I casually asked at the front desk if there was something better, they said check in tomorrow. So I did, and we got bumped to Room 124 (highly recommend it) It was like going from a Red Roof Inn to a room at the Holiday Inn. Nice oceanview, decent balcony and a *gasp* KING bed?!? Woot Woot!

The buffet is bad, plainly put but thats okay because we prefer to eat at local spots anyways. There was always something to eat, always tasty salad or *blech* pasta. The waiters could care less if you were there or not, btw don't try to leave with food...let me explain. The restaurant is tiny and there were no empty seats to eat so why not enjoy dinner on the beach? Try hell no! You would have thought I just stole their children when I tried to leave with their subpar food.

Bring a hairdryer ladies! It clearly stated that there were hairdryers in the rooms so I didn't bring one.......I have a feeling there were hairdryers because I asked for one, they said they will check with housekeeping and only after I declined some timeshare thing (they tried everything including puppy dog eyes and pouty faces to get us to go oh and a free crappy beach bag that changes color in the sun) the woman rudely said 'well no, there aren't any!' lol! Whatever, I went curly for the week. We rarely spent time at the resort, the beach is not nearly as nice as the resorts on the other side of the strip (13 km) we stayed at the Avalon Baccara last time and would have again but its just too expensive! I LOVE YOU BACCARA!

Things to do:

Go to the ADO bus station downtown purchase a ticket (roundtrip) to Playa Del Carmen (70 pesos (7USD) and explore down there. Its sooooooo pretty and the buses RULE!

Take the people’s ferry (Puerto Juarez) to the Isla Mujeres (it’s okay, only worth exploring a day or two at most)

Eat locally! Screw the resorts, Eat at Checandole (food court at the Flamingo Plaza 12 KM) Or at El Cejas in the Mercado 28.

We tried Pizza Rolandi (1st stop in downtown), it was okay, really really thin crust pizza
We ate at El Bodeguita del Medio (on the strip, it is the chain from Havana where Hemingway had his first Mojito……I may be an alcoholic due to those things but it really is true what they say about Cuban cuisine…a bit boring…
After a Mojito fueled night…..Dominos delivers….lol! I know its so bad ordering North American pizza while on vacation but you have to do it.

Not to mention this resort shuts down after 11PM----bar, restaurant, everything!! It’s a literal ghost town.

All in all, it was a fun vacation and if you don’t mind being surrounded by noisy Polish 50 something’s who are party animals (and not in a good way) this resort is for you.

Will I ever go back? HEEEEEEEEEELLLLL no. This resort did its job for $750 CAN for one week but I owe it nothing!

Cheers, the lesson to learn, suck it up and stay at the Baccara, another small resort but immaculate and beautiful!

3  Thank Stefani
Reviewed 15 January 2009

First of all, this is much better than you would expect by reading the reviews. We received an Ocean front room - 128 - even though we were a day late in arriving due to flight delays. The room had a great view from the balcony. Adolpho at the front desk was very helpful throughout our whole stay. He works evenings.
The food at the restaurant is not the best (but not awful either) but the setting at the waterfront restaurant is awesome. We prefer to eat outside the hotel anyway. There are some great authentic mexican restaurants in the city (take an R-1 or R-2 bus). You can also find many cheap internet cafe's downtown which I would recommend over paying 50 pesos for a half hour in the lobby.
The room was kept clean by housekeeping.
The hotel met all my needs for a vacation which are having a bed, clean room and hot shower. Unlike some, I do not go on vacation to spend time in the hotel room.

2  Thank Leucosia