“Best dinner in Cancun”

Ranked #22 of 1,171 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: DU MEXIQUE es un Lujo Gastronómico con una sola "Estrella"... Usted!. Es un pequeño espacio donde la tradición se encuentra con el estilo contemporáneo, el Romance y los Cinco Sentidos. El Lugar se ubica en pleno Corazón de Cancún, la cocina es la herencia de nuestro prestigiosos Chef Alain Grimond, y ahora es ejecutada con perfección por nuestro Gran Chef Benjamín Ferra y Castell. Y, por supuesto que su elegante diseño interior y su impecable servicio, poseen la firma inconfundible de su anfitriona y Propietaria Sonya Grimond.-Abierto de: 19:00 a 23:30 horas.-Descansamos el "Domingo".Gracias.
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Today we went to Du Mexique restaurant. What an amazing experience. Hospitality, food, ambiance, music and cleanliness. What a taste. We took 3 course meal. I couldn't believe the quality and taste. A pure differentiated cuisine, extremely tasty. I would personally like to thank Chef Sonya and Chef Benjamin for their great hospitality and food. Such nice people. Please keep it up. Ur the best and thank you.

3  Thank tarek_zaazou

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Du Mexique is my favorite restaurant in Cancun. The food can be described as French cuisine with Mexican influence and is made with the attention and detail similar to having your own personal chef!

And, as fantastic as the food is, one of the main reasons I keep coming back is the hospitality, friendliness, and personalized attention given to each guest by the proprietor, Sonya Grimond, and the French chef, Benjamin. Walking into the restaurant is like returning to the home of a long-time friend. It's like asking "why have you been gone so long? sit, please! eat, drink, welcome back!".

On this return evening, the meal began with an amuse bouche of roasted sweet breads with a parsley puree.

I ordered two starters to begin. 1) a salmon tartar with plantain chips and fried avocado followed by 2) souffle du frommage (cheese souffle). Alone, the salmon tartar was delicious and quite filling for one person. I was worried about the second starter being too much, but although huge looking, the souffle was very light and tasty. Such a treat!

My entree was four perfectly done scallops in a light yellow sauce (forgive me, I forget the ingredients) with a roasted pepper in the center. Muy rico!

Although I was too full for the desserts by this point, Benjamin wanted me to try his smoked chocolate ice cream so I had a small scoop with an espresso. The smokiness brought out the intensity of the chocolate and I kept thinking to myself that I needed a scotch to go along with this!

Once again, a beautifully delicious meal and I look forward to my next visit.

2  Thank tmartazu
Reviewed 14 May 2017

My friends & I dined here our last night in Cancun and it was a truly remarkable experience! The ambience was charming & the food was exquisite. From the appetizer to desert Sonya & Chef Benjamin were attentive to our every need. I would highly recommend that you take the time to enjoy this extraordinary restaurant

2  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed 4 May 2017

For several years we had heard about Du Mexique from our concierge and this year we gave it a try . . . and it was amazing! It is clearly expensive, but it is also worth the expense, especially for a special night out. We were met at the door by Benjamin who introduced himself and took the time to learn our names as he showed us to our table. Everything that we ordered was explained with clarity and passion and it all lived up to the hype! By the end of the night Sonya and Christopher had spent enough time with us that they felt like old friends! If you have a special birthday or anniversary to celebrate, this is the place in Cancun!

4  Thank OkiNuWaaka
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This is a gourmet experience, not only a simple diner, since the beginning you can feel the French atmosphere, and the entire night Sonia (the host) is around taking care about your necesites, if you are in Cancun or Mayan riviera you should visit this place

5  Thank Ivan A