“Great fishing trip”
Review of Marina Chac Chi

Marina Chac Chi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Catch the Fish of Your Dreams!We are known for Our Deep sea Fishing Service. Charter your own boat or meet new friends on a Shared fishing. Trip Includes:Fishing Equipment Bait & Tackle Fishing License, Soft Drinks and Cold Beers. Departures everyday from MARINA CHAC CHI at 07:00 a.m. The only ocean front Fishing Company you don't waste time getting out the lagoon. Best Boats in town with the Best Rates. We cook your fish as you get back from your trip we have our own Restaurant where you can enjoy tha day our our pool area.
guy, AR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fishing trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was a little bit leery of a shared fishing trip that I received for going to a grueling time-share presentation, but arrived at the marina at 6:30 and things got better quickly. I was joined by five others aboard Captain Edgar's fishing boat and we traveled for about an hour before beginning to fish. We immediately began catching bonitos which were to be used for bait to catch bigger fish. The first large fish was a 60lb. barracuda and the day was made from there. The captain and crew worked hard to be sure that all had an opportunity to catch fish. We caught barracuda, snapper, rainbow tuna, bonito, and trigger fish on our 6 hour trip.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hover35
Marina Chacchi F, ejecutivo de ventas at Marina Chac Chi, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
thank you very much for your recommendation, we hope to see you back again!
have a great day!

marina Chac chi staff

• Polish first
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Fishing day”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Today i went fishing with my grilfriend, it was a beautiful day, great sun, cold beers, great crew...
we caugth some redsnappers, triggerfish, barracuda it was great for only 4hrs.
When we got back to the dock, the capitan asked us, "do you want to eat the redsnapper ? we have a good restaurant and they can cook it for you" so i didn't think'd to much and i told him " Of course a good fisherman has to eat his own fish".
On my way to the restaurant, in the end of the dock i saw i huge beautiful Blue Marlin, other people caught it of course, i was like "dam i want to caught one of those", so i asked the crew how can i get a marlin , and they told me that i need al least to go for fishing for 8 hrs and good luck.
So defenitly next time im not going to think about it, i wil take the 8 hrs and fish my own blue marlin.
By the way great service at restaurant.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jhon T
Massena, NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The staff and captains are very nice and very well prepared/educated...they know their stuff. The boat was very nice as well. I went on a fishing excursion with my husband and some members of my family. What was supposed to be a 6 hour trip turned into a 2 1/2 hour trip because so many of us were sick. No one's fault but it still was a bummer we had to go back. The captains understood and were bummed we had to go back too, they were having a great time! I'm just happy my husband caught the first and only fish; a 90 pound sail fish! His dream come true! If we ever go back to Cancun, we will definitely book with these guys again, they were great.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Alicia L
Moore, Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome time!”
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

My Dad, brother and I took a fishing excursion through a charter out of Chac Chi and we had a blast! The Captain and Mates were all friendly, we caught a ton of fish which was a BIG plus! Also, they offer cold Corona, sodas, and water. Afterwards they will cook up or make some ceviche out of some of the fish you just caught! I had some ceviche and a couple cold beers from the restaurant/bar right off the beach! Awesome time and I recommend it to anyone who wants to get out on the water, catch some fish and have a great time!

1 Thank SoonerBeachBums922
Granby, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“read this if you pay ahead”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

First let me say the staff and captains are all very nice. They did what they could. The boats were in good shape, everything could have been perfect.
Here's the deal. if you're like me, you will want to be well planned and make your reservations ahead of time...bad idea. You are going fishing even if the seas are 6ft as they were today. I'M mostly pissed at the guy who sold me the excursion (at the hotel) because I was very specific about rough seas and the possibility of postponing to another day. I was told the trip would be postponed for rough weather. I asked for inshore easy fishing because my 12 year old daughter was coming along. So we ran for about 1 hour straight offshore in 6ft swells probably more. When we got to the spot (OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE Sea) no one could even stand in the boat. The 2 other fellows sharing our boat agreed and we turned back. Basically no fishing occurred. The captains set it all up but it was useless.
There are no posponements. Only if the harbour master shuts the whole thing down (hurricane?) so my suggestion is just show up if the weather is good, at least you will know what your getting into and your money will be more wisely spent. And if you book with those excursion folks don't believe any put off to another day is possible and know that you will be out on the ocean.

Visited January 2013